[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

My only request for tomorrow’s episode: BEGIN WHERE IT LEFT OFF PLEASE! 

Don't worry.  We got this.  This is not a linear plot.  Different worlds and timelines are overlaid.  That's part of the genius.  We can do it!  :lol:  Hwaiting!!

fc72ead600c3c6c053a890e53cb4a407ffd2b2bc

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

Sigh ... this even more chaste than his first kiss ... I wonder why they are not ‘allowed’ to kiss properly?? Also, where’s all the face holding etc that was written about in Soompi?? Did they cut off the actual kiss??

I think we will see another flashback for that.  I think the show is giving us morsels... otherwise we might just combust - POOF! with all the awesomeness, bahahahahahaha

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

Thank you @gwin and @Hachiko! Then that means that's a different video, not taken on the same day TE roamed around KoC.  Perhaps from the future? Interesting. 

Won't get tired of saying this. I love angry LG. His voice sounds sooo sexy :joy:

Edited:

@mychoiyoung watched TH and LOTBS, for me his acting on those two dramas was the acting I usually see on a typical male lead, so I thought there was nothing really special. Or maybe I just did not pay too much attention? LOL

Kidding aside, I am at loss of proper words to describe his portrayal of LG's emotions tonight. It is THAT good. Now I understand why he accepted this project. 

• Like 6
  • Love 4

3 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

Okay so i just completed watching ep 8..….Gosh LMH is marvelous...i just want to slap those mouths who say LMH cannot act....he is made for only romance...his eyes and voice said it all ... No words , really...

Ehh?? What???!! Who said LMH cannot act? Made for romance only? Oh boy!!

tenor.gif?itemid=11142520

:joy:

• Like 7
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

Hello Everyone! Been lurking for a while and finally decided to post!

Love all the theories and can’t wait to see how everything ties together!

Don’t know if anyone mentioned this before but it just came to mind... when JTE went to the cafe in episode 7, Seung Ah had short hair like Na-Ri. JTE was taken aback and I think Seung Ah said she was wearing a wig?

Anyway, in episode 8 her hair was tied back but long again.

Might not be anything but seems a bit to random to not mean anything???

Edited by Kdramatic
  • Like 7

You guys can spazz over LMH. I am wondering about the plot tonight.

So Eun Seup was shot protecting the King? Not that I saw the other security details around.

Then TE was crying because she found out the ES is dead? Then there is a time jump somewhere that Yeong has a video of but didn't tell LG. Alternatively it cannot be from Korea.

Has anyone sorted these out yet? This whole shoes is not all Lee Minho. I am still trying to sort out if this drama is well written yet.

Addit- Lee Jung Jin is playing Lee Rim. He was the male lead in one of my favourite from com 2 Outs in the 9th Innings. With Soo Ae.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 1

58 minutes ago, Heilo said:

I can't even get tired of seeing it again and again. Their chemistry have blossomed to something extraordinary and fertile..

ThiS IS sooo cute:kiss_wink:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

After watching the episode 9, for me this drama is really not for all i mean it in a very, very positive way. It’s unpredictable, kinda mature and not cheesy but sometimes it’s a little bit cringing because of the product promotion. I love the mature dynamics between the lovers and i love how they understand their love of each other. 

• Like 9
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, briseis said:

My mantra right now - He's wearing that bullet-proof, he is wearing that bullet-proof vest...:sweatingbullets::tears:

@briseis He was shown putting on the vest and JY emphasized that the vest was actually to protect the KIng so I firmly believe he has it on. 

Whether it was enough to protect him... we shall see!

• Like 9
  • Love 2

On 5/3/2020 at 10:44 PM, lacremedelameme said:

It could be since the character description of Luna and JTE's mom both have cancer. If she lives time in the pink skied place between Korea and Corea, then she would not age. 

Maybe this is where LR spends most of his time as well, since he has barely aged since 1994. 

What I said about LR two weeks ago came true this episode. They implied that he spends most of the time in the pink skied place!! :scream::scream::scream: 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

So Eun Seup was shot protecting the King? Not that I saw the other security details around.

Then TE was crying because she found out the ES is dead? Then there is a time jump somewhere that Yeong has a video of but didn't tell LG. Alternatively it cannot be from Korea.

Has anyone sorted these out yet? This whole shoes is not all Lee Minho. I am still trying to sort out if this drama is well written yet.

:lol::lol::lol: you totally lost me. The things you mentioned isn’t episode 9 at all.

And we’re spazzing over Lee Gon because of all the things that happened in episode 9. The whole story IS NOT Lee Min Ho. It’s Lee Gon’s story and everyone who’s involved. Lee Gon did some major things in episode 9 that’s worth noting so we’re all spazzing because we’ve been waiting. The acting and the story is great so we can’t help but celebrate! 

Some things cannot be explained until the episode airs. Most of your questions will have to wait until tomorrow. Rest assured, they will be answered eventually. Patience is key.

———————————————

@Kdramatic welcome :) 

Episode 7, Nari explained that her short hair was a wig which explains why in episode 8, her hair was long again. Hope this answers your question :D 

• Like 6
  • Love 4

1 minute ago, Elnin Joery said:

ThiS IS cute :bawling:

and filled with yearning! Look at how they tight they are hugging! :bawling: oh, also, don’t quote pictures. Delete it first if you are going to quote a post :D 

2 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

hi chingu! Good to see you here too! :D seems like your questions are from tonight’s episode. I haven’t watched it yet so can’t answer it with assurance. As for if this drama is well written or not, it’s also something i am still waiting for as everything unfolds. So far, i am liking it because it seems like all the mysteries are part of the plot.

• Like 5

Just now, 1ouise said:

The freaky part is that the kid looked through the screen to LG.  :scream:

Right?! I literally got the chills watching this scene!! :scream: Soooo good! 

Why doesn’t soompi have a “shocked” reaction? 

• Like 11

I saw someone posted WDH is enlisting soon and I found that funny since ES just recently ended his enlistment.

Also the King must really pay attention to KGE. He remember what she wore that day? I find that more interesting than the fact JTE wore something different in the video. :D

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

You are referring to this scene, I suppose:

Well, if you pay attention to the clothes, Lee Gon is wearing the same clothes than the night his father was killed, just like his father. So this scene is quite important as he reveals the importance of the 4 Tiger Sword.

"The sky bestows the heart upon us, and the ground helps the spirit. The sun and the moon are formed. As the mountains and streams form lightning strikes. A sage is moved to defeat the evil of the mountains and streams. Wield it with deep thoughts and make things right."

Only a king is the owner of this sword and striking is that the father was passing his sword onto his son... he is unaware that he will die in a few hours. The father was preparing for the ceremony and like I said, this only happens every 20 years.

It was his fate to die that night... and Lee Gon has already been initiated by his father, Lee Rim is unaware of this, the real purpose of the sword.

But I won't write any longer because I plan to use this scene in my next analysis.

OMG yes that scene! Thank you! I felt that scene had to be important since we don't get to see much of LG's flashback scenes. Also the king passing the sword down to his son makes the sword feel much more important. He didn't pass down the flute. We were also getting so many King Arthur hints. I can't wait to read your analysis on this.

@Joanna Alfson Yupp she does seem entitled. She is good at her job though but that doesn't mean LG has to like her back just cause she wants him. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

he is made for only romance

Have to disagree. You should also see him in action.  There is fluidity and poetry when he moves - whether in fighting scenes - weapon or no weapon.  Of course my fave is still him being Dae Jang (wink wink)

• Like 4
  • Love 4