[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

I am still trying to process why the King is on his horse randomly in Busan. And how was Lee Rim there?

The preview showed a lot of legs with dark pants- aka security details. But not a single suit in sight in episode 9.

And lol the PPL for the face masks. And the kimchi bukkeum. Now that I have seen it can't unsee it. And that's Boba tea and also a fried chicken PPL right? Any other PPL is I missed?

Anyway night all since it came out in the middle of the night here and I am going back to sleep. I am just waiting now to see if Jo Yeong will have a romance in Korea now. Since JY and Nari has been featured quite often. Vs the Corean press lady.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Have to disagree. You should also see him in action.  There is fluidity and poetry when he moves - whether in fighting scenes - weapon or no weapon.  Of course my fave is still him being Dae Jang (wink wink)

This? I would say his more of a gangster/bad guy roles type that is his bread and butter and he would do much better in villain roles as he would be at home but due to his intensity I think they switched him into romance after BOF. he had that intensity needed to romance better his costars in more untraditional way which is interesting in itself.. 

Just like Shahrukh khan he also started out as Villain or the bad guy then they switched him into romance because he had that intensity needed to romance women much better

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Here are the things in this epi that left a huge impression on me:  In no particular order

1. When TE hugged LG by the river bank (with that ubiquitous bbq chicken!).  It was so natural and heartfelt.

2. The yo-yo boy looking at LG.  Heck I had goosebumps and for a while got creepy scared!

3. Phone call between LG & LR. 

4. When LG nonchalantly said no to PM and informed her that he has proposed to someone already GUFFAW!

5. After watching the exchange between LG & PM, ES exclaimed "WOW! This world is very aggressive!"

6. When LG screamed LEE-LIM!

• Like 13
  • Love 10

8 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

The yo-yo boy looking at LG.  Heck I had goosebumps and for a while got creepy scared!

You are not alone my friend. That was one creepy scene. 

Can I just say that I agree from 1-5? :joy: 

Sharing this here coz it hits you right in the feels. 

I wonder if it is in KoC or RoK. That's one tight hug right there. 

Edited:

@Deepakmahajan, Get well soon! Fighting! 

• Like 6
  • Love 4

7 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

took the picture from @1ouise :D 

I haven’t even watched the episode yet (will do so later on tonight) but when i first saw this, i asked myself:

”am I suddenly watching a horror drama?” 

:joy:

:joy:Literally!!I watched this scene just now,woah  got goosebumps:scream:

Seriously,what is happening?

2022,Taeul in Corea that time and that boy...just waiting patiently until somebody watch and make decent theories:sweat_smile:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Deepakmahajan said:

Hey guys. Miss all the posts here but life has taken a big turn. I am suffering from crona. I am working in some important government related work and don't know when i caught it, despite all precautions.  Thankfully i came in contact wih very few people and none of them have caught it.

Chest pain, lack of breathing. I miss the drama and debates, but right now i am very sad with my situation. Will try to catchup drama today,  as i had access to netflix on my phone now. Please pray for me and all people. Please follow lockdown and don't take it lightly. 

I hope you get better. My prayers are with you and hope it brings your family alot of ease. Get well soon

168-1688002_animated-get-well-soon-gif.g

• Like 3
  • Love 9

2 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Hey guys. Miss all the posts here but life has taken a big turn. I am suffering from crona. I am working in some important government related work and don't know when i caught it, despite all precautions.  Thankfully i came in contact wih very few people and none of them have caught it.

Chest pain, lack of breathing. I miss the drama and debates, but right now i am very sad with my situation. Will try to catchup drama today,  as i had access to netflix on my phone now. Please pray for me and all people. Please follow lockdown and don't take it lightly. 

Chingu, I’m keeping you in mind during my prayers. Please get well soon and take care of yourself. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

39 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

the sword feel much more important

@koreaboooo@bebebisous33 I quite agree!  The flute opens the portal but the sword is needed to vanquish the devil and help to finally close the portal. LR is blind to its power since the 4 Tiger Sword is bestowed only to the legitimate KIng.  LR may have the initial advantage of the 25 years and all the attendant benefits that goes with that but he is up against the sword and LG's destiny to conquer.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

aww! Please take care and hang in there! This virus has affected a lot of people and almost everyday life! Catch up whenever you can and come by whenever you are able to. 

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, jangmi92_ said:

2022,Taeul in Corea that time and that boy...just waiting patiently until somebody watch and make decent theories:sweat_smile:

Lol. I know for sure I have seen scenes like this before. Oh yes! From horror movies!

:joy:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

@koreaboooo@bebebisous33 I quite agree!  The flute opens the portal but the sword is needed to vanquish the devil and help to finally close the portal. LR is blind to its power since the 4 Tiger Sword is bestowed only to the legitimate KIng.  LR may have the initial advantage of the 25 years and all the attendant benefits that went with it but he does not have the sword and LG's destiny to conquer.

So he needs the flute to be whole and the tiger sword as well? 

• Like 4

Does anyone know why LG's uncle has the ring (wrapped in a handkerchief episode 8) LR was wearing when he killed LG's father and tried to kill LG (you can see LR wearing it in episode 3)? Please forgive me If this has been addressed already. I may have missed it :grimace:

Haven't seen today's episode. Cannot wait!!!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Time loop said:

I hope you get better. My prayers are with you and hope it brings your family alot of ease. Get well soon

A couple of people that I know had it...please take care  and  dont get frustrated if it takes a while to get back to 100%.    :unsure:.  I hope the rest of your family and friends are safe and healthy.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, jangmi92_ said:

Ohh Wow. The legendary Jangmi92 I thought you were a meme account before but good to know that you are active amongst us

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

51 minutes ago, Kdramatic said:

Don’t know if anyone mentioned this before but it just came to mind... when JTE went to the cafe in episode 7, Seung Ah had short hair like Na-Ri. JTE was taken aback and I think Seung Ah said she was wearing a wig?

Anyway, in episode 8 her hair was tied back but long again.

Might not be anything but seems a bit to random to not mean anything???

Hey! Welcome.

She says that she was wearing a wig as she wanted to test out short hair. However' she also says that long hair suit her much better. Hope that helps.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Heres to hoping for a better health comes your way. Get well soon @Deepakmahajan

• Like 3
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

I am so so sorry to read about this @Deepakmahajan.  Praying for your speedy recovery.

• Like 5
  • Love 2