[Drama 2019] Melting Me Softly, 날 녹여주오

liltash85

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

To be honest, I am only watching this for the two main leads.

I usually fast forward any parts with Bomin, his father and HY unless it is funny or impt to watch :neutral:

I think this is another weakness of this drama that could be one of the reason of low ratings. A lot of scenes we can fast forward and it doesn’t impact the flow of the story at all. Even after skipping so many parts, we didn’t miss anything important. 

2 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

I think this is another weakness of this drama that could be one of the reason of low ratings. A lot of scenes we can fast forward and it doesn’t impact the flow of the story at all. Even after skipping so many parts, we didn’t miss anything important. 

That's right.

I realised I am just watching for the interactions between the two leads. 

I wasn't paying much attention to the story. 

1 hour ago, liltash85 said:

I really didn’t know why tvN chose this time slot. In general Koreans are not into romcom that much. Only few romcoms has huge success. N they put it in a slot where there is spy action, saeguk, mystery thriller, family drama (which is always love though its makjang trope). It is a wrong gamble by tvN. They may thought JCW can be their rating magnet but people still choose a drama based on storyline i guess. 

I don't know if it would have fared better on another night but it's the only drama in its time slot. KBS's family drama airs earlier and the other dramas air later than Melting Me Softly.

Oh my this my fourth drama I follow low rating.. Lol.. But its ok when drama this finished you will fe comfortable and want to repeat again.. That why I dindt like follow the rating ops.. Too many drama I like also have low rating

Ok the second heroin got 2 kises already.. What happen to heroin.. Need faster and push yourself. I know the feeling.. She is girlfriend for waites 20 years didnt married look boyfriend still young and blame her for everythig.imagine you become old saw your boyfriend looking young find new friends just few days.. 

Just enjoy this drama. Because my eyes look jcw looking hot after done military..

I get the feeling it’s because of the plot.  You can fast forward the scenes and not really miss much.  That’s the only explanation in my mind for the low ratings.  Because if you go online to look at the short Naver clips of the MMS leads together, the views are in a similar range to My Country clips.  So maybe people are just happy to watch the highlight reel and not the actual episode because they aren’t particularly invested with the storyline?  This drama has come off the back of HDL and then Arthdal 3 (both of which had “good” ratings) so I don’t think the time slot is the problem.

3 hours ago, shynaz said:

Oh my this my fourth drama I follow low rating.. Lol.. But its ok when drama this finished you will fe comfortable and want to repeat again.. That why I dindt like follow the rating ops.. Too many drama I like also have low rating

Ok the second heroin got 2 kises already.. What happen to heroin.. Need faster and push yourself. I know the feeling.. She is girlfriend for waites 20 years didnt married look boyfriend still young and blame her for everythig.imagine you become old saw your boyfriend looking young find new friends just few days.. 

Just enjoy this drama. Because my eyes look jcw looking hot after done military..

The ratings is not important to the viewers especially for us international viewers. It’s important to the casts especially JCW since this is his comeback drama after military. Usually actors comeback drama ratings soaring high. 

N if u read elsewhere many find the pacing of this drama horrible and don’t like the storyline. A number of them has dropped it after 2-3 episodes. Could be the koreans feel the same and drop it too after 1 week. 

1 hour ago, liltash85 said:

The ratings is not important to the viewers especially for us international viewers. It’s important to the casts especially JCW since this is his comeback drama after military. Usually actors comeback drama ratings soaring high. 

N if u read elsewhere many find the pacing of this drama horrible and don’t like the storyline. A number of them has dropped it after 2-3 episodes. Could be the koreans feel the same and drop it too after 1 week. 

Agree with you.. Acting I think its ok although too much sreaming a lot this drama.. The writer make the mistake too much scenes, plot and waste of scenes..imagine writer make too much kiss scenes to second heroins.. 

I hope we can look progress of plot development.. And please the porfesor remember again.. Feel sad what family doing to him

Glad to see improvement in ratings! Per Liltash85, ratings are not as important to international viewers. I decided to enjoy this drama for JCW  and not get emotionally involved with the ratings. Forgot to mention that I loved JCW's swimming scenes! Got to give him credit. Not a swimmer but his form/body was absolutely perfect!!!  Since he's an athlete, I would love to see him ride motorcycles, play basketball and baseball and soccer in a drama. I was touched by  the scene where he comforted his brother and sister. It seems like he is maturing as a man emotionally. NHY...she's so frozen in her posture and emotions. I wish she would become more human-like but I understand why she became that way.  The gangster guy and his twin...does anyone have an idea about them? Oh, I really was disgusted with the ex-brother-in law being a spy for the gangster. If he is a traitor, I hope that DC's sister beats him to a living pulp!

11 hours ago, cherkell said:

Hmmm, too bad.  Several of my Korean friends said that MMS could totally turn around for the better if more noona romance was featured.  They must be really thirsty over there!  :lol:

I was hoping it was for real then THAT would have been so exciting to watch! :lol: How to deal with a love that was suspended for 20 years...how to deal with a lover who is older but looks younger than you? LOL. JCW could do much more with an unconventional love story! 

hi y'all. i'm currently watching this too so i thought of dropping by. :lol:

tbh i almost dropped this but thankfully i didn't after watching eps 5&6. ma dong chan & go mi ran are just too adorbs that it makes me want to root for them until the end. :lol: but i got to be honest and admit that this drama has me skipping a lot of scenes huhuhu.

anyway, looking forward for the next eps and how the feelings of the main lead will develop! :wub:

There are so few of us on this thread, as @LavelyShaipointed out, it's awfully dismal for a JCW drama. The main conversation going on here seems to be us trying to find the reason for the poor performance of the drama so far, given that in reality, the cast is not a weak one from the leads to the support. For me (and I think a number of you feel this way as well), it all boils down to poor direction and editing. While actors have a fair amount of room to interpret their characters, the director still has final say over how he wants certain characteristics emoted and portrayed. Like@aznchic209has observed, I too wonder why Miran is always shouting. I get why her character might have grown up angry, but that again is a problem with how the story has been set up -- I have to fill in the blanks myself because of poor storytelling. 

I too am of the opinion that this week's episodes seemed to have picked up on the pace, and the edits are a bit better. Unfortunately, it has come rather late in the show - we are at mid-point already and it could be a little too late. Prof Hwang's role in this story is still being very slowly shaped up with too much time wasted on his hair jokes. As with many of the other jokes that are just overused, low level slapstick humour, the scenes related to Prof Hwang's hair, Byungsim's loony self-indulgence, and the constant jokes at Hyeongi being younger but looking older. None of these do anything to further the plot and actually take time away from the storytelling. I'm getting the feeling we're going to end up with a very rushed ending to wrap up the many loose ends floating about now:

• the identity of the frozen dude whose supposed twin is now masquerading as him, and why this 20-year masquerade

• the actual interest of the government in this cryogenics project -- are any of the other 3 related to people in the cabinet?

• why Prof Hwang agreed to freeze the 4 original cryogenic people and then agree to Dongchan's original docu-drama if the identities had to be kept so secret and that lives were in danger should any of this be exposed

And one more thing I don't feel comfortable with in this drama -- the suggestion that autism or any other kind of neuro-atypical condition is an illness. 

I'm sticking around really because Ji Chang Wook. And feeling bad for him through it all.

2 hours ago, piekeboeboe said:

Can anyone please explain what is "flirting" (some?) mean in this drama. The question which MR en DC asking. (ep7,8)
Is it not the same as people would like to know each other and dating? 
(me) Did not understand this Gen Y trend = )

Hi chingu! It is the stage of getting to know each other better before making a commitment to start an exclusive relationship. Like before the confessing your love and wanting to make it official. I think the closest English word to describe this stage is “wooing”? There is the exact word for it in Chinese since the languages are of the same roots. 

Archived