Quantcast
liltash85

[Drama 2019] Melting Me Softly, 날 녹여주오

9 hours ago, TGMS49 said:

I'm totally shocked at the ratings! I actually felt episode 7 was much better than all the other episodes. The pacing has improved and the mystery/growing relationship between the leads makes it more enjoyable. I'm a little "turned off" by the relationship of the professor and 

MR...a little bit overdone. Still waiting for subtitles for the last half of the episodes. Really, really curious about the "twin" men...one in the capsule and the other trying to kill everyone. I kind of laughed about the corrupt politician...we're having the same problems of corruption in US. Per Cherkell, I can't understand why there cannot be at least 4% of the cable TV audience that would support JCW regardless. Why can't they leave the tv on? Will I get in trouble by saying that? I too do not want MMS to be the lowest rated drama. This forum is quite quiet compared to the Healer and K2 days. I am participating now (though I have been a lurker for a long time) to show my support for JCW.  PS I have noticed that other dramas on public broadcasting stations are getting mediocre ratings considering they are free to the public.

The way the ratings was calculated its not just open your TV on. There’s a certain way they calculated it and not every TV in every household is taken as sample size. So leaving your TV on doesn’t necessarily means it is counted. Even so the more people watching it the higher the ratings will be. 

In my opinion, this ratings issue is not because the drama is not good but tvN chose the wrong time slot. By wrong I mean the weekend time slot has many competitors and all weekend dramas this time around is good. They should put this drama on Mon- Tue slot as it has less competition. 2 free channels now didn’t air drama on Mon-Tues so the chance of cable dramas gets high ratings for Mon- Tue slot is higher n better. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, daloula said:

I can list several reasons for why the drama's ratings are bad and none of them would be anyone's looks. That's just a dumb theory.

The writing, editing, pace are more up there as reasons of bad ratings for this drama.

You might have loved the episode but other people didn't.

I get that, totally. 

I “loved” it compared to the other episodes—which I couldn’t watch. I haven’t watched last week’s episodes, btw.  I only watched this one because the ratings had dropped below 2%. But this episode felt a bit more what I was looking for character development etc compare to 1-4. 

The show’s writing, directing, tone are driving me mad and deserve a low rating. Like I said I couldn’t watch the previous episodes without skipping entire scenes (see my previous posts). 

I don’t know re looks... I just can’t figure out why other dramas that I dropped because of the same problems with writing, pacing, etc, had better ratings. The only common thread was that the MLs were all idols—with large, Young fan bases. And there have been so many idol dramas that I thought it might just be that taste has changed. JCW is stupidly handsome and talented. I suggested  the idol issue because it is the only thing (off the wall, I can’t believe I suggested it myself) I can think of because it is so so so random. It is stupid but that was kind of the point. 

Hope that clears it up. 

Woah,  I think MR replied that if it was other person, she won't kiss that person. This is in response to his question whether she would kiss anyone if it is any other person. And MDC's temperature kept going up. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

That doesn’t look like Miran. Is it Hayeong he was making out with? I thought he’s quite over her??

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

That doesn’t look like Miran. Is it Hayeong he was making out with? I thought he’s quite over her??

Looks like it's HY:scream:.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1

20 minutes ago, lu09 said:

Looks like it's HY:scream:.

It's her immagination fortunately!B)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, libra22 said:

Live recap of today's ep from drama milk.

Luckily the kiss with HY is not real!

Hmmm, too bad.  Several of my Korean friends said that MMS could totally turn around for the better if more noona romance was featured.  They must be really thirsty over there!  :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I think the main issue for the low ratings is like what @liltash85 said, wrong time slot. tvN putting this on during the weekend primetime slot was very odd, it would have fared better during the weekday. It's not the story nor anyone's looks, it's just in an unfortunate timeslot where it really didn't have a chance. I doubt it'll be their lowest rated drama because I watched that one years ago and saw how the writer screwed up that story. 

Read the recap and I can see the plot is moving along nicely, Ha Young will be extremely jealous once Dong Chan starts being open with his feelings for Mi Ran. 

• Like 3

I really didn’t know why tvN chose this time slot. In general Koreans are not into romcom that much. Only few romcoms has huge success. N they put it in a slot where there is spy action, saeguk, mystery thriller, family drama (which is always love though its makjang trope). It is a wrong gamble by tvN. They may thought JCW can be their rating magnet but people still choose a drama based on storyline i guess. 

• Like 1

To be honest, I am only watching this for the two main leads.

I usually fast forward any parts with Bomin, his father and HY unless it is funny or impt to watch :neutral:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

To be honest, I am only watching this for the two main leads.

I usually fast forward any parts with Bomin, his father and HY unless it is funny or impt to watch :neutral:

I think this is another weakness of this drama that could be one of the reason of low ratings. A lot of scenes we can fast forward and it doesn’t impact the flow of the story at all. Even after skipping so many parts, we didn’t miss anything important. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

2 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

I think this is another weakness of this drama that could be one of the reason of low ratings. A lot of scenes we can fast forward and it doesn’t impact the flow of the story at all. Even after skipping so many parts, we didn’t miss anything important. 

That's right.

I realised I am just watching for the interactions between the two leads. 

I wasn't paying much attention to the story. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, liltash85 said:

I really didn’t know why tvN chose this time slot. In general Koreans are not into romcom that much. Only few romcoms has huge success. N they put it in a slot where there is spy action, saeguk, mystery thriller, family drama (which is always love though its makjang trope). It is a wrong gamble by tvN. They may thought JCW can be their rating magnet but people still choose a drama based on storyline i guess. 

I don't know if it would have fared better on another night but it's the only drama in its time slot. KBS's family drama airs earlier and the other dramas air later than Melting Me Softly.

• Like 2

Oh my this my fourth drama I follow low rating.. Lol.. But its ok when drama this finished you will fe comfortable and want to repeat again.. That why I dindt like follow the rating ops.. Too many drama I like also have low rating

Ok the second heroin got 2 kises already.. What happen to heroin.. Need faster and push yourself. I know the feeling.. She is girlfriend for waites 20 years didnt married look boyfriend still young and blame her for everythig.imagine you become old saw your boyfriend looking young find new friends just few days.. 

Just enjoy this drama. Because my eyes look jcw looking hot after done military..

• Like 3