Quantcast
liltash85

[Drama 2019] Melting Me Softly, 날 녹여주오

I thought a lot about writing it down ....

It was the worst written jealousy scene I've ever seen.
It has nothing to do with reality or the character's personality.
The location is unbelievable (serious debate in the workplace corridor  ???)
Was the scene written by a man?
The woman wants to get information from a guy and after the second sentence puts the "gun" in the guy's hand (shoot me) !!!!!!!!

She cried all night, then accepted that the guy wouldn't explain.
KM worries that the guy's only guilty about him ...
Is it reassuring that your boy doesn't even know what he likes in her?

Before, every scene was so focused, now it's like someone would reach in (hurry)

• LOL 1

I am pretty sure Go MiRan will be frozen again. In 1999 she wore a sleeveless tank top. And on the early part of episode 10 where written 21 Dec 2021, she wore a silver short sleeve shirt. But what drives she participates in frozen human project again?

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, liltash85 said:

I am pretty sure Go MiRan will be frozen again. In 1999 she wore a sleeveless tank top. And on the early part of episode 10 where written 21 Dec 2021, she wore a silver short sleeve shirt. But what drives she participates in frozen human project again?

I share the same thought!!  I have this sad feeling that she will break DC's heart with her decision to be in the freezing capsule again. 

1)  The scene where they were chatting on the bed -- MR mentioned if she would be frozen again, and asks DC to promise her that he will not be frozen with her -- is a foreshadow to that will happen.

2)  The scene where DC's quasi-proposing to her with the couple-set matching watches, and MR said she will marry him when she turns 30.   For some reasons, I feel like she is being serious about the comment and it might happen that DC will have to wait for her until then!! 

Usually I get excited after each weekend and look forward to the next upcoming Saturdays/Sundays ... but I feel extremely sad knowing next weekend it will be our last weekend with our sweet JCW!  :(

21 hours ago, perszepanni said:

I thought a lot about writing it down ....

It was the worst written jealousy scene I've ever seen.
It has nothing to do with reality or the character's personality.
The location is unbelievable (serious debate in the workplace corridor  ???)
Was the scene written by a man?
The woman wants to get information from a guy and after the second sentence puts the "gun" in the guy's hand (shoot me) !!!!!!!!

She cried all night, then accepted that the guy wouldn't explain.
KM worries that the guy's only guilty about him ...
Is it reassuring that your boy doesn't even know what he likes in her?

Before, every scene was so focused, now it's like someone would reach in (hurry)

I totally hear your points!  I was actually okay with his explanation and her reactions for two reasons:

1) It builds on trust.  I think MR trusts that DC is being sincere about his "friendship" with the ex.  She trusts him when he tells her that they were able to "clear out a misunderstanding" and that it's over, and that he calls her "a friend".  Furthermore, MR respects his decisions of not sharing the details on the conversation because it is his privacy and his past before her.  He is entitled to keep that part personally to himself.  Now, it's his present is with MR (and moving to the future together), so why bother knowing more of the past when she is not part of it, and just focus on the presence together.  Jealousy can kill the cat.    ::: I personally know this situation very well because I had dealt with my own husband's past relationships and we have the same exact conversation.  From my experience, jealousy is not that great:::

2) I find that DC has shown her how he likes/loves her in numerous ways without having to say "I like you because x, y, and x".  I like the way DC explains that he didn't fall her at first sight, which is very realistic.  I find it very endearing that he shows how he cares by his thoughtful (and practical) gifts to make her life safer, easier, and better -- starting with upgrading her phones, that FitBit for her heart rates/temperatures, safety taser, and my most favorite is the proposal watches. I also love how DC always makes sure her temperatures is stable, even when risking his life for her.  :wub:  There are Five Languages of Love.  Gift giving/act of services are two of them.  These languages are often silent and cannot be articulate into words.  But the story does show DC adores her!  So I'd accept his explanation for her in that scene too. 

Just my two cents. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, luckionesky said:

I share the same thought!!  I have this sad feeling that she will break DC's heart with her decision to be in the freezing capsule again. 

1)  The scene where they were chatting on the bed -- MR mentioned if she would be frozen again, and asks DC to promise her that he will not be frozen with her -- is a foreshadow to that will happen.

2)  The scene where DC's quasi-proposing to her with the couple-set matching watches, and MR said she will marry him when she turns 30.   For some reasons, I feel like she is being serious about the comment and it might happen that DC will have to wait for her until then!! 

Usually I get excited after each weekend and look forward to the next upcoming Saturdays/Sundays ... but I feel extremely sad knowing next weekend it will be our last weekend with our sweet JCW!  :(

I totally hear your points!  I was actually okay with his explanation and her reactions for two reasons:

1) It builds on trust.  I think MR trusts that DC is being sincere about his "friendship" with the ex.  She trusts him when he tells her that they were able to "clear out a misunderstanding" and that it's over, and that he calls her "a friend".  Furthermore, MR respects his decisions of not sharing the details on the conversation because it is his privacy and his past before her.  He is entitled to keep that part personally to himself.  Now, it's his present is with MR (and moving to the future together), so why bother knowing more of the past when she is not part of it, and just focus on the presence together.  Jealousy can kill the cat.    ::: I personally know this situation very well because I had dealt with my own husband's past relationships and we have the same exact conversation.  From my experience, jealousy is not that great:::

2) I find that DC has shown her how he likes/loves her in numerous ways without having to say "I like you because x, y, and x".  I like the way DC explains that he didn't fall her at first sight, which is very realistic.  I find it very endearing that he shows how he cares by his thoughtful (and practical) gifts to make her life safer, easier, and better -- starting with upgrading her phones, that FitBit for her heart rates/temperatures, safety taser, and my most favorite is the proposal watches. I also love how DC always makes sure her temperatures is stable, even when risking his life for her.  :wub:  There are Five Languages of Love.  Gift giving/act of services are two of them.  These languages are often silent and cannot be articulate into words.  But the story does show DC adores her!  So I'd accept his explanation for her in that scene too. 

Just my two cents. 

I agree with you...

And I have also read that book... About five languages of love. It's a really good book and a total eyeopener. I will recommend it to everyone. It really makes us understand how we feel loved and how we love can be totally in different ways for different people.

• Like 1

What is this???? I bet the stab scene will be the cliffhanger scene before finale.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

So that’s why MR has to be frozen again...? Because she is on the verge of dying? 

• Like 1

Oh my gosh! Thanks for the preview.  Now I cannot wait for this weekend. 

Looks like she escapes the assassin "police" scene but later on gets hurt again.  and this time it is in front of MC. His hands has blood as he holds onto her.  :cold_sweat:

Ahhh!!!  Saturday and Sunday will be a killer.  No pun intended. 

• Like 1

She was frozen in ep 10 on 2021-12-21. Will we get a cliche ending where they have to be apart for a full before the last 10 min of ep 16?. I really hope not. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ShannonK said:

She was frozen in ep 10 on 2021-12-21. Will we get a cliche ending where they have to be apart for a full before the last 10 min of ep 16?. I really hope not. 

Oh nooo... I know what you mean.  I hope he doesn't have to wait "6 years" for her to be 30 years old to get married as their conversation sort of foreshadow in the scene of the "watch-proposal". :bawling:

• Sad 1

MDC: In a week from now ...
MDC: we can do anything and live like normal people.
GMR: Are you ok now?
MDC: Yes
MDC: I'm not sick at all
NHY: When I come back later, I hope we can become friends.
MDC: We have to catch this moron
MDC: This was an assassination attempt
GMR: I can't let this happen to you
GMR: Because I love you more
MDC: Hey, Go Mi Ran

I'm waiting  :crazy:

Lee Moo-saeng, :grin:

the second movie I see him

I'm impressed

• Thanks 1

Beginning of ep.15: "Hot Guy & Cold Girl"

The reason why MR needs to get frozen again :tears:

Spoiler

Ep 16 preview :

• Like 2

[Ratings] "Melting Me Softly" 16 November Episode 15:

Nielsen Korea: 1.432% National (-.33%); N/A Seoul
TNMS:  1.4% (-.40)

Ep 16  3 Year Time Jump. A mini recap of the final episode in the spoiler.

Spoiler

MR has been frozen for 3 years while the doctors try to find a cure for MR's condition that doesn't take 5 days and side effects to restore her body temperature so that she can safely get the surgery to fix the trauma from the knife wound.

MR's friend had married HG (DC's junior director), but is now dissatisfied with her marriage. BS has lost his position at the university because they found out that he had been coming onto a female student; however, the student that they name is MR. BS apparently tells them that she's his first love, not his student, and calls his ex-wife to give witness to the university. His wife just tells him that if she talks to them, she'll tell them how BS stalked his student, even moving into the student's family's home. LOL.

DC has moved into MR's house to be with her family until she wakes up. It's both so that DC can get comfort from MR's family, but also so that he can comfort them as well. Even though MR's mother tells him that he should go home, DC tells her that his mother has two other children and their families, but that he wants to be with MR's family. DC tells his own family that he will move back in after he's married, and that's why he's bought their family the bigger house to move into.

As DC waits, he keeps finding evidence of MR's love for him.

HY had gone to the US to work, and only come back after 3 years. She had taken a 2 year contract, but had extended it for another year. Her younger sibling lived in her Seoul apartment while she was away. It turns out that the Associate Doctor who works with Prof. Hwang had moved into the same apartment complex as HY, so they have a moment to themselves. HY tells him that she's prayed for MR to wake up every day.

Prof Hwang figures out a possible cure to the body temperature problem, but is worried that there might be complications when she wakes up. DC says that MR is someone who would have wanted to wake up and deal with reality.  So, they take MR into the surgery to sew up the knife trauma. The surgery was a success, but MR has difficulty waking up from the anesthesia and remains in a coma. MR's core temperature starts going down at one point, putting her in crisis again.

MR's mother decides that DC has to go home because he's done as much as he could, and he should really go home and live his own life. DC walks in while she's packing his bag to say that he has to stay or else MR would be upset with him when she wakes up. He begs her to not keep trying to chase him away. (I understand that MR's mother is thinking of DC when she does what she does as well as about DC's mother who despite having other children must miss her son. However, I also think that DC is trying to hold onto his sanity while he is missing MR and waiting for her.

DC gets a vision that MR is speaking to him saying her core temperature was increasing, so DC goes to the hospital, calling Prof. Hwang on the way. At the hospital, MR's body temperature has returned to normal.

Later on, MR's mother and then DC gets a phone call that MR has woken up. DC had gone on a business meeting trip to Jeju Island, and tries to find a way to get back to Seoul in a rush. On the way, DC talks to MR's mother who tells him that MR has woken up and that she's even started trying to walk.

At the hospital, DC comes across MR sitting outside in the snow. They approach each other with tears in their eyes.

DC: Are you okay?
MR: Have you been well?

DC: Yes. It's been a bit difficult, but...

MR: You're as handsome as aways, Ma Dong Chan.

DC: So much...I've missed you so much.

MR: I'm cold. Please melt me.

DC enfolds MR in his arms.

Back to regular life, DC is his irascible PD self. He yells at MR for being lax at her job. She tries to say that she's been frozen and melted twice, so maybe that's why, but DC won't accept that as an excuse. LOL. Later on, in his office, DC is very sweet to MR, but they agree that work should be separate from their personal lives.

Later on, DC's family ask MR if she still doesn't want to marry. MR says that she doesn't want to get married. She's still too young, and she had been thinking of studying overseas even, then possibly going to graduate school. She thinks it will be at least 5 years before she's ready. DC blows up at this saying that he's been waiting for MR forever, and now she's talking about leaving him to go do things. He tells her that she's being selfish and only thinking of herself rather than him. He'll be 40 by the time she's ready to marry him. DJ helpfully reminds him that he'll be 60 rather than 40. LOL. DC's mother who is trying to be helpful mentions that DC could go with MR, but DC says that he has too many projects that he's started to drop everything and leave. DC's mother then tells MR that she could marry DC and have a baby who DJ will raise before MR goes on to pursue her own interests, which leaves everyone aghast. LOL  DC's mother wants DC and MR to get married before summer. DC himself also wants to really, really get married, though he says that this isn't something that should be discussed right then.

Later on DC drives MR home where she tries to tease him a bit, but he's more reflective. As he drops her off, DC hands his journals to MR, telling her that he had written them while waiting for her. He says that while waiting for MR, he's learned to believe in fate, so he'll just leave everything to fate. Inside, MR reads what DC had written.

MR meets HY in the hallway of the broadcast station where they greet each other formally. This scene is meant to show that there are no hard feelings between them any more, and that their relationship is now just the formal one.

Walking hand in hand, DC tells MR that she should do as she wants to, and that he'll support her dreams. MR says that she's read his journals, and now she doesn't want to be apart from him. DC says that he can't leave to go with her right now, that he has too many projects that he's started. While it may be the time for MR to pursue her dreams, he has to live in the reality that he's currently in. He says that he'll wait for her. MR says that she doesn't want to go any more, but DC says that he won't let MR give up her dreams for him. Just then, DC gets a text, and then he smiles saying that perhaps there is a way.

Turns out that the text was from his niece who asks why they're being so complicated. They should just travel together and do a youtube channel. That is what DC and MR decide to do, to launch a travel program which they broadcast via youtube. Their greeting to their followers on youtube to live well and warmly with the people they love and thanking them also serves as their goodbye to the drama. The final voiceover from the niece saying "And that's the way the frozen humsns Ma Dong Chan and Go Mi Ran lives happily ever after."

Hmm, I still have mixed feelings about this drama as to whether I would ever recommend it. I think perhaps only true fans of JCW would appreciate it. It had good elements, but it never really seemed to all jell together. I think all areas had problems in this drama, frankly. The writing never felt as it it hung together well, and the direction also seemed a bit here and there. Though, I think they must have been in live shooting for the final bits of it perhaps given how jumpy the scene cuts are. Even the acting felt bemused at points.

However, I still enjoyed DC as a character, handsome and flawed, and having to deal with a weird new reality not to mention changes of emotions. MR felt less fleshed out somehow, and I'm not sure if it's because I never connected with her and the issues around her disrupted life as much as I connected with DC somehow. Then again, I'm still not sure that the drama overall did that good a job of figuring out the conflicting emotions for the OTP after the time jump, and it set up some interesting conundrums as a viewer.

Given that DC was still in love with HY when he woke up, the fact that he was able to let her go so quickly, even with his thinking she had betrayed him, and then switch his affection to MR that made me wonder if he had really loved HY in the first place. It's why I thought that without the big freeze, HY and DC would have either separated or gotten divorced at some point. The conundrum for me is that as a romantic comedy, this drama seem to take quite a while to actually get their OTP attracted to each other.

I don't know if the drama needed more time, or fewer characters to keep track of, or just the plotting really needed to have been better fleshed out earlier on. But, it's done now, and I still enjoyed watching it.

Thanks to everyone on this thread who popped in. Hope to see you all on other threads!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5