[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the KBS preview for E101, but the date they give is Oct 31st.  So I assume there will be no episode tomorrow (Wednesday), and we will have episodes on Thursday and Friday to finish it??

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,100,798574

Blurb: 장회장은 양지그룹을 공익기업으로 만들겠다는 유월에게 다시는 보  지 않겠다고 말하는데.. 시월은 유월에게 지민이를 위해 미국으로 떠나겠다고 한다. 한편, 덕실의 병세는 점점 더 악화되고, 유월은 그런 덕실을 보며 가슴 아파하는데....

Translation: As YW is going to make Yangji Group into a public utility firm, Chmn Jang says he will never see YW again.. SW tells YW that she will leave for USA for the sake of JM.  Meanwhile, as DS' condition gradually worsens, YW feels pain seeing her.

So, there are only about 2 episodes left and the story is going in weird directions with YW splitting with his grandpa, SW talking of going away, and YW possibly staying with DS.  I suppose it may be to build suspense before it goes to the kind of ending that most viewers may want - YW/SW/JM together.

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

Here is the KBS preview for E101, but the date they give is Oct 31st.  So I assume there will be no episode tomorrow (Wednesday), and we will have episodes on Thursday and Friday to finish it??

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,100,798574

Blurb: 장회장은 양지그룹을 공익기업으로 만들겠다는 유월에게 다시는 보  지 않겠다고 말하는데.. 시월은 유월에게 지민이를 위해 미국으로 떠나겠다고 한다. 한편, 덕실의 병세는 점점 더 악화되고, 유월은 그런 덕실을 보며 가슴 아파하는데....

Translation: As YW is going to make Yangji Group into a public utility firm, Chmn Jang says he will never see YW again.. SW tells YW that she will leave for USA for the sake of JM.  Meanwhile, as DS' condition gradually worsens, YW feels pain seeing her.

So, there are only about 2 episodes left and the story is going in weird directions with YW splitting with his grandpa, SW talking of going away, and YW possibly staying with DS.  I suppose it may be to build suspense before it goes to the kind of ending that most viewers may want - YW/SW/JM together.

Lol my god what are they doing here?

@jayakrisI never expected to end up caring about KI in the end, but I am devastated that he is just ending up in jail and not just going to cooking school in Italy or an ashram somewhere or generally becoming the sort of person he should have been instead of a forced corporate honcho.

I guess they are pushing for the discussions we are having on this forum that good people or good intentions can turn extremely bad and that that bad people or bad intentions can be also good.  It can be a grey line which you think of as good or bad.

I understand YW frustration and his push for them to be together buts it not as simple as he would like it to be.  Poor Jimin is now having to suffer the consequences of all of this, and SW is now reaping what she sewe'd from it all as well.  

Somewhere deep in my heart I really wished she would turn around and say that its come to far and that I should still support KI for both my sake and jimin.  But that is so not going to happen. They are pushing for a YW ending, too hard if you ask me is intention to be together is a tad bit aggressive.  Besides KI being in jail even if he did come out, I doubt he would go anywhere near SW, he would be calmer and remorseful for sure but i think he would go do what he originally wanted to.  I think if SW did come to him and say she should not of done that but she did love him in her own way and wanted to try again he would definitely think it.  But i know this wont happen.

Its just that with all that is going on, I am not feeling the romantic chemistry with the main leads.  I know the objective is to put them together but i feel a non romantic gap between them.  As if he is pushing them together as they should be together not because they want to be.

I am fed up really with both dailies, Home for summer had the worst two last weeks, now A place in the sun is no better. :triumph:

I want it to end. 

by the way, I feel so sorry for DK, she went mad :( :( :( 

No matter what, she never killed anyone. she just clung to YW, otherwise, she wasn't a party to any crimes, she just was a nasty person, which is not a real crime

21 hours ago, jayakris said:

Is it me I don't feel the chemistry between the leads at all and I did not skip any episodes . I so wanted KI to end up with SW and JM as one family 

But i know it won't happen. 

Everyone seems to have forgotten that DS, although too clingy, did something invaluable.  She saved YW's life.   Yet, the writer rewards her with insanity?  A bit excessive, isn't it?  

And, KI is the most pitiful character.  His nature was of a gentle lamb.  Yet, he was pushed to become a lion.  To me, he's always been a lonely little boy looking for warmth and love.

They celebrated the 100th episode by giving us another fantastic performance from the Goof Troop.  I laughed so hard at their antics. Bravo! :thumbsup:

Edit to add:  Chairman is the 'seed' of all that has happened. Yet, he still is sitting on his kingly throne.  Well, someone needs to tell him that his throne is actually a garbage heap and he's at the very top of it! :crazy:

8 hours ago, mekeo117 said:

Is it me I don't feel the chemistry between the leads at all and I did not skip any episodes . I so wanted KI to end up with SW and JM as one family 

But i know it won't happen. 

I think the chemistry is between Choi Seungjae and Yoon So YI :) They act well together. Off screen, they have good interaction :)   Yoon So Yi was sort of forcing herself to show that she despises KI, but the actress likes him lol

Off screen 

Spoiler

@Auntie Mame I feel satisfied that KI left that damned house of jang

12 hours ago, Auntie Mame said:

Everyone seems to have forgotten that DS, although too clingy, did something invaluable.  She saved YW's life.   Yet, the writer rewards her with insanity?  A bit excessive, isn't it?  

And, KI is the most pitiful character.  His nature was of a gentle lamb.  Yet, he was pushed to become a lion.  To me, he's always been a lonely little boy looking for warmth and love.

They celebrated the 100th episode by giving us another fantastic performance from the Goof Troop.  I laughed so hard at their antics. Bravo! :thumbsup:

Edit to add:  Chairman is the 'seed' of all that has happened. Yet, he still is sitting on his kingly throne.  Well, someone needs to tell him that his throne is actually a garbage heap and he's at the very top of it! :crazy:

2 hours ago, chococarmela said:

What the hell is happening with this drama?!

I am so glad I skipped it like I did with Love to the End and My Man's Secret.

Loved this episode. YW is making god on his promise. He has spoken to The Chairman. SATAN, YOUR KINGDOM MUST COME DOWN!! All the misfortune that has come from the pursuit of money, power and wealth, by wicked means of greed and avarice must end.  The company will flourish but not in the hands of the unscrupulous Chairman. His power shall cease. YW can finally move on and so can all of the other family members who have been acting as puppets of the Chairman. 

8 minutes ago, monalisa said:

I don't think YW staying with DS is a bad ending. True, he didn't love her but they did have a child together. A child they both loved. It wouldn't be realistic for YW and SW to end up together.

well, it makes no difference who will end with who for me, as long as no one dies :) 

the look of mutual love between Gwanjil and Junghee is the best moment for me. :)

poor DS, I am crying for her :( :( 

7 minutes ago, Greta Masalskyte said:

Is that it finished now? YW and SW don’t end up together ????:astonished: don’t think I can watch the last couple episodes if that’s what happened, the whole drama I’ve been waiting for them to go back together 

look at the preview its obvious  SW and YR are together.

Archived