Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

Recommended Posts

Thank you to all for sharing a fun time with this drama.  An even bigger THANK YOU to jayakris for the translation of the daily previews.

 

It was a rather sloppy final episode, analogous to a broom sweeping the last bit of dust into the dustpan.  As I previously stated, the Jang family lacks compassion.  If they had shown compassion and care for KI, after the DNA results were known, he may not have sided with his father.

 

See you all on future threads!

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 11:30 PM, Auntie Mame said:

It was a rather sloppy final episode, analogous to a broom sweeping the last bit of dust into the dustpan. 

On 11/1/2019 at 1:22 AM, tulip06 said:

Hang on, in 3 freaking years, Jimin didn't grow at all?  They need to get his hormones checked!

 

I so agree. He is currently 12 years old. With all that is happening, we could add another year  or 2 so 13-14 years old. So following the timeline, after 3 years he should be 16-17 years old already. They should have gotten another actor for the 3 years later. [I am guessing that they are either short of budget or just did not care anymore to make the drama a bit more in tune with the timeline]. 

One more thing. The drama's storyline began  in 1997 more or less. After 12 years the year would be 2009. Add 1-2 years 2011.  Three years later (time jump)  so this drama's timeline ended more or less 2014. The writer could have made it end in the current year 2019. why o why did the writer not do so? :cold_sweat:  

This is one reason too why extensions are not really a good idea.

It leads to wishy washy work. 

Anyways, it is good that the drama finally ended with the leads going to live together. Though I totally agree with Auntie Mame's comment above.

 

On 11/2/2019 at 4:37 AM, tulip06 said:

Sea of a Woman sucked as a show, though.  No one actor could make me watch it, no matter how good-looking.

 

I also tried to watch this drama but dropped it. The actors/actresses did not give off much impact and plus the story, too.  The aesthetics of the drama itself did not help, it was very gloomy from the beginning.

 

** But I always enjoy the forums and the interactions and exchange of opinions and ideas. I hope to find another interesting kdrama and  forum with you guys. :smile::blush::wub:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 11:30 PM, Auntie Mame said:

Thank you to all for sharing a fun time with this drama.  An even bigger THANK YOU to jayakris for the translation of the daily previews.

 

It was a rather sloppy final episode, analogous to a broom sweeping the last bit of dust into the dustpan.  As I previously stated, the Jang family lacks compassion.  If they had shown compassion and care for KI, after the DNA results were known, he may not have sided with his father.

 

See you all on future threads!

The family on the whole is quite cold.  But what surprised me was that they didnt rush to kick him out when they knew he was not their son.  Instead mother and grandfather told him he was part of the family.  It was KI who sided with his father.

KI who has the wrong thinking that his father was a loyal 'servant' of the family who was discarded.  This 'loyal servant' was the one who switched the babies, was the one who swindled money etc.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, O said:

The family on the whole is quite cold.  But what surprised me was that they didnt rush to kick him out when they knew he was not their son.  Instead mother and grandfather told him he was part of the family.  It was KI who sided with his father.

KI who has the wrong thinking that his father was a loyal 'servant' of the family who was discarded.  This 'loyal servant' was the one who switched the babies, was the one who swindled money etc.

 

At least KI repented. The good in him was stronger than the evil. He could have accepted YW and SW offer about discarding the attempted murder charge, but he chose to hand himself in

 

For me KI is the least complex among the villains I watched.

 

off topic, for Choi Sungjae's fans 

 

Spoiler

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...