[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, il23 said:

KI did not steal anyone’s life. He did not switch himself at birth. He never wanted nor coveted the position as Head of the Company. When he found out who he actually was, the first thing he wanted to do was reveal the truth, give up everything and leave with Shi Wol and JaMin. SW convinced him not to. He turned into a monster because he was betrayed by the woman he loves, (SW). Who would not go crazy after living a lie for 13 years. He never cared for his father, he was taught by his mother to revere whom he thought was his dead birth father. His actions now are fueled by hurt and revenge. Everyone around him, especially SW and CTJ have manipulated and used him

thank you so much for defending my favourite character. Well-said my friend. Where were you from the start?? I stopped commenting as much as possible because no one was on KI's side :(  I am even using Choi Seungjae in my profile picture to express my loyalty 

I really don't know if the writer is for or against KI?? but from what I see, she is not being very fair towards him

when I remember how chairman Park in left-handed wife, loved Namjun and forgave him near the end too, I learn how Chairman Park was a very kind-hearted man compared to this evil Jang fellow :rage:

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

thank you so much for defending my favourite character. Well-said my friend. Where were you from the start?? I stopped commenting as much as possible because no one was on KI's side :(  I am even using Choi Seungjae in my profile picture to express my loyalty 

I really don't know if the writer is for or against KI?? but from what I see, she is not being very fair towards him

when I remember how chairman Park in left-handed wife, loved Namjun and forgave him near the end too, I learn how Chairman Park was a very kind-hearted man compared to this evil Jang fellow :rage:

Have followed your comments the entire season. You made wonderful points!!

2 hours ago, il23 said:

Have followed your comments the entire season. You made wonderful points!!

Honestly, I don't think KI is perfect, but the way he is being treated is unfair and enough to make a person have a breakdown. No wonder he is sticking to the person who is sticking by him, even if that person is a user, namely CTJ.  And the way adopted children are treated in Korean dramas is terrible. The adopted child is always left so insecure. It's like they are adopted to be abused.

All grandpa and mom had to say, "we still love you, you are our child, we will get through this tough time and adjust." How hard is that?  But no, he's not their precious "blood."

This family is fighting for money which is not worth it. The Yangji group is not worth it. KI is better off this fight. He gained nothing but pain because of his dad and his wife. No one cares about him except JM. The wise Jung gave up on materialism and had peace of mind. He is the best character in the drama besides JM snd Saetbyol. I hope KI leaves this evil house to the mountains 

Didn't any of these people learned that, "The Truth Will Set You Free"?

Especially at this stage where everything is beginning to unravel anyway.

The Goof Troop is priceless.  I'm watching only for their scenes. Yeah, they are VVIP at the DNA testing lab.  They're probably also getting a discount.  You get one free test, after you fill up your reward card of 10 paid test.:lol:

The preview for Ep 97 - http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,96,798426

Blurb: 유월은 장회장과 최태준 때문에 아버지를 잃었다는 사실을 알게 되고 괴로워하는데... 숙희는 양실장과 정도인의 심상치 않은 분위기에 두 사람 관계를 의심한다. 한편, 장회장 집을 떠나기로 결심한 광일은 시월과 이혼하고, 시월은 떠나겠다는 광일이 불안하기만 한데....

Translation: YW is tormented from knowing the fact that he lost his father due to Chmn Jang and CTJ... Seeing the unusual vibe about Mrs. Yang and Mr. Jeong the ascetic, SH is suspicious of what is up between the two. Meanwhile, KI, who has decided to leave Chmn Jangs house, divorced SW, and SW is uneasy about KI's leaving.

----

Looks like nothing much changes in the next episode.  Just filler, possibly.  I hope the goof troop and DS will give some moments of levity like in today's episode.  I liked the goof troop leader (dad) claiming that they now have VIP status among the DNA clinic clients... not just "regular client" status.  Haha.  And I liked the three DILs arguing about who is more ferocious among them... SW claiming to be a viper after DS called her a moose and all that.  Too much fun!....  Unlike many of you, I am actually not too bored with the episodes.  Yeah, they are stretching it, but there is a fair bit of originality and unexpectedness in some of these conversations and small developments that I can watch it without getting bored.  have seen many dramas which were much worse in these final episodes.

I also like it that the drama has not forgotten about how selfish, cruel, and nasty a person Chairman Jang still is, and always was.  For a while, since the scene with SaetByul and then after his hospital stay, it looked like he was being made into a normal old man.  The fact is that he deserves about as much of punishment (maybe more!)) than CTJ, and CTJ does have a point in wanting to make sure that the grandpa pays for his sins too.  I would like to see the old goon thrown in jail.

6 hours ago, tulip06 said:

All grandpa and mom had to say, "we still love you, you are our child, we will get through this tough time and adjust." How hard is that?  But no, he's not their precious "blood."

I totally agree with that sentiment.  This has been my primary complaint about everybody in the family.  A lot of my sympathy for KI is because people have all been way too nasty with him.   All the way through, starting from his wife SW, nobody ever attempted to show even a small bit of understanding of KI.  It was like he was such a worthless existence.  They should all learn from how KI loves JM after all this.  Blood is not all that matters.   For that one thing alone, I consider him a better human being than everybody else in the drama, except YW.  It is all these nasty people in the family who care so much for money and bloodline.  They are the ones who asked KI to be a lion, and make money from running the company, etc, none of which he had an interest in.

Wow. Today episode was so sad. Poor JH to have such horrible father. He destroyed her life. She could have lived happily ever after with her love, if it weren’t for her father. She has had such a sad life. She didn't raise her own son, and her love was taken from her. :bawling:

9 hours ago, jayakris said:

I totally agree with that sentiment.  This has been my primary complaint about everybody in the family.  A lot of my sympathy for KI is because people have all been way too nasty with him.   All the way through, starting from his wife SW, nobody ever attempted to show even a small bit of understanding of KI.  It was like he was such a worthless existence.  They should all learn from how KI loves JM after all this.  Blood is not all that matters.   For that one thing alone, I consider him a better human being than everybody else in the drama, except YW.  It is all these nasty people in the family who care so much for money and bloodline.  They are the ones who asked KI to be a lion, and make money from running the company, etc, none of which he had an interest

Thank you my friend. You were always defending KI. I am so sad for him :( He was a victim, as well as YW. Both were harmed by Jang and CTJ

Choi Seungjae's excellent understanding of the character made him point out all the human traits of KI. He made me see beyond the apparent. he was initially good, but in order to survive in the jungle he had to be a lion :(   he turned evil :( 

57 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Thank you my friend. You were always defending KI. I am so sad for him :( He was a victim, as well as YW. Both were harmed by Jang and CTJ

Choi Seungjae's excellent understanding of the character made him point out all the human traits of KI. He made me see beyond the apparent. Many were biased against KI, but I was able to see through him. I always knew he is good.

i can somehow understand why KI is trying to hold on, it is but recently he knew the whole truth about his whole being, i find him pitiful really,  a father like CTJ who influence and dictate him to do bad things , at first he will be swayed, but i hope his true nature will come out and he will repent,  until it will be too late.

3 hours ago, Nancy Chua said:

i can somehow understand why KI is trying to hold on, it is but recently he knew the whole truth about his whole being, i find him pitiful really,  a father like CTJ who influence and dictate him to do bad things , at first he will be swayed, but i hope his true nature will come out and he will repent,  until it will be too late.

KI deserves a second chance, poor guy :( 

I hope Jang gets punished. :( he killed YW's dad, just for being poor :( 

2 hours ago, Nancy Chua said:

He will repent. It is a daily drama.

@jayakris I agree, there is enough detail and fun within each episode to keep it interesting for me too.

6 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

Yes the 3 DIL's are very funny...plus the gooftroofs hahaha "regulars" in DNA testing and minjae the hair pulling scene was very funny...

Just your thoughs chingudeul do you think ms.yang son is chmn jang son?? For me because i think its mr.jung the shaman son...i dont know why i guess this but seeing how ms.yang look or care for mr.jung it seems like they have past..

I think all the different conversations have value.

You know, I never thought that nephew might be Mr Jung’s son! I just assumed Ms Yang had a crush on him and he avoided her because she was the chairman’s concubine. I am very excited for the dna result, but I don’t think he will be the chairman’s son, whoever’s son he is. And that is why Ms Yang has been hiding him as her nephew. Otherwise she would proudly have shown him as her son and gotten married to the chairman. 

51 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Gwanjil shoots SW and YW 

Omg ...did he actually shoot her???  Was that the cliffhanger eps ending?

So what distracted you ? that slight wave on the fringe above the brow? :lol:

19 minutes ago, triplem said:

Omg ...did he actually shoot her???  Was that the cliffhanger eps ending?

So what distracted you ? that slight wave on the fringe above the brow? :lol:

yes :D it is a new look lol, he had three hairstyles until now :D 

the transformation in Gwanjil's hairstyle :D 

0.jpg
0a.jpg 
1.jpg

I don't think she will die

but her injury will make him return to his senses, because he loved her

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

Archived