[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

7 hours ago, Winetu said:

Can anyone suggest a good drama, worth spending time to watch it?

There are some, actuallly.

For justice dramas (some call them 'revenge' dramas), these are recommended:

1. The Promise

2. Ice Adonis

3. Hide and Seek

4. First Love Again.

In these serials, the main good leads (females) were 2B (Brain & Beauty) persons.

In the first three, Lee Yu-Ri played as the (good) main female lead.

For family and romance dramas, these are recommended:

1. Mother is Daughter in Law (unfortunately, this had no complete English sub)

2. Father is Strange

3. Five Enough

4. Descendants of the Sun

5. Secret Garden

6. You are too Much

7. What's Wrong with Secretary Kim

In these serials, once the good leads reunited, they never wavered and kept on fighting together till the end.

No. 3 also had many comic scenes.

I am sure other members in this board could also recommend some good dramas.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, joan0528 said:

@UnniSarah

@dramaninja

Yes if SW didnot marry KI and enter the Jang family everything will still be hidden, just like Junghee said if not for SW they are still blinded by CTJ scheme and lies...    

i don't find that to be true, it's the meetings between Kl father and mother that was recorded and heard by YW that made things known....

Preview at the KBS site for E 99 (Monday)  - http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,98,798484

Blurb: 유월은 구실장에게서 태준이 배를 타고 외국으로 떠날 거라는 정보를 얻어내고, 구실장을 통해 태준을 속이고 만날 약속을 잡는다. 한편, 광일은 덕실에게 자신의 여권을 가져다 달라고 부탁하고, 덕실은 광일의 여권을 찾다 정희와 마주치는데....

Translation: YW squeezes out from Mr. Gu the info on CTJ boarding a boat to go abroad, and with Mr. Gu's help, he sets up a meeting to trick CTJ into. Meanwhile, KI asks DS to get him his passport, and she encounters JH while looking for the passport.

-------------------

I like the scene between KI and SW at the hospital, in the preview video.  It seems she finally says a sincere sorry to him, and her act of asking YW not to report him for attempted murder will show KI that she does care for him.  That is something he has hardly ever seen from her.  She screwed up in all this, big time.  Had she shown any sort of care for the guy who unconditionally loved her all the way, and lovingly raised her son (and still loves him), things could have gone differently.  Any sort of caring from SW could have stopped KI from gravitating to his evil dad, and also becoming the selfish chaebol "lion" that his evil grandpa wanted him to be.  The only person who truly cared for him (other than JiEun and his mom who were helpless) was CTJ, so he had no choice but to go toward his dad.  But the one whose caring he craved most, was SW all along.  But all she did was to be arrogant, curt and harsh with him, and use him as a tool.  Perhaps it was her way of making him hate her and let her go, but that was a wrong plan.  I think she actually knows it, and was also sorry for that, but she never really showed any of that to KI.  I'm glad that she is truly apologizing to him and showing him the consideration he deserves.  And it won't feel out of place or sudden to me, if KI has a complete change of heart in going back to his basic nature of being a good guy.  That is how much SW means to him,  but she never really acknowledged it, till now.

Supposedly, all three guys, CTJ, Fortune-teller Jung and YW's father, had been in love with JH?   Why?  :huh:

I don't see the attraction about her unless it was her link to money.  She has the most sour personality, ever. :rolleyes:

Yep, just as I had gussed, it's going to be a kumbaya ending.:blink:

21 hours ago, Auntie Mame said:

Supposedly, all three guys, CTJ, Fortune-teller Jung and YW's father, had been in love with JH?   Why?  :huh:

I don't see the attraction about her unless it was her link to money.  She has the most sour personality, ever. :rolleyes:

Yep, just as I had gussed, it's going to be a kumbaya ending.:blink:

For CTJ, it was the money. I don’t know about the other two.

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

For CTJ, it was the money. I don’t know about the other two.

In the conversation between the  Chairman and Fortune-teller Jung, Chairman said CTJ was supposed to only scare YW's father from leaving the country. But, instead, CTJ killed him because he (CTJ) loved JH.

I miss Hakuna Matata.  He and JM had the only good relationship in the drama. 

I'd really like to see a comedy spinoff with the Goof Troop. And, their family business would be  to serve clients who want DNA results, without bother.  They will be a full-service company.  From surreptitiously collecting the DNA  samples, delivering the samples to the testing lab, and to handing the results to the client. :w00t:

@nohamahamoud2002  As with this drama, everyone has different tastes, actually even mine.  Depending on the mood a drama which was really crap can be good and one that was good can turn our crap really.  Then you get the ones which really are bad.....lol

However this is a list of ones I have come across which i have watched more than once.   Some many times over.  I tend to gravitate towards stronger characters, iron lady cha was hard to watch that grandmother is so stubborn.  But then again watching the couples resolve issues is half the appeal to theses drama's.

Spoiler

unknown woman
our gap soon
first love again
iron lady cha
here comes love
five children
secrets of women
im a mother too
my mans secret
mysterious personal shopper
tomorrow victory
house of bluebird
apgujeong midnight sun
love and secret
still loving you
enemies from the past
eve's love
you are too much
all about my mom
person who gives happiness
sunny again tomorrow
sweet enemy
yellow boots
blow breeze
that sun in the sky
man who sets the table
queen of the flower
golden rainbow
My Dear Cat
All Kinds of Daughters-in-Law
Sweet Home, Sweet Honey
good person
temptation of wife
dal soon spring
a little love never hurts
pure 19
make a wish
Golden bride
I summon you gold
Childless Comfort
unexpected you

@fragglerock  what a long list :) I am still new to kdrama, so I would say my first daily was Sunny Again tomorrow :) 

I like A place in the sun in general, but I would say my favourite character was Gwanjil. I was watching for him, but when he turned evil, I was disappointed, and couldn't defend him anymore. I was waiting for him to return to his senses. I was worried about his ending too, that he might die, that's why I stopped watching and commenting. If he has a decent ending, I might go back and watch the episodes I missed 

I noticed that in revenge drama, the second leads catch more attention :D 

my prediction for this drama

Spoiler

in the instagram photos I posted, I noticed CTJ wearing jail clothes,

I noticed Jieun's friend (I forgot her name) in the group photo

will she get married to Gwanjil after all????

On 10/26/2019 at 7:49 AM, jasmine19 said:

There are some, actuallly.

For justice dramas (some call them 'revenge' dramas), these are recommended:

1. The Promise

2. Ice Adonis

3. Hide and Seek

4. First Love Again.

In these serials, the main good leads (females) were 2B (Brain & Beauty) persons.

In the first three, Lee Yu-Ri played as the (good) main female lead.

For family and romance dramas, these are recommended:

1. Mother is Daughter in Law (unfortunately, this had no complete English sub)

2. Father is Strange

3. Five Enough

4. Descendants of the Sun

5. Secret Garden

6. You are too Much

7. What's Wrong with Secretary Kim

In these serials, once the good leads reunited, they never wavered and kept on fighting together till the end.

No. 3 also had many comic scenes.

I am sure other members in this board could also recommend some good dramas.

Your top 4 for daily drama I agree they were good and the FIL was awesome, once they got back up after being knocked down was enough for them.  In First Love Again the birth mom, the grandfather and YW's son was in it playing the same roles.  :)

@nohamahamoud2002  It is a long list of Kdrama's I admit, some i forget the names of so i kept a list.  I have a system now sadly with these Kdrama's which some fragile eyes might want to turn away now......LOL

- I watch the ending to see if i am waisting my time.

- see the main leads and the chemistry

- see if it turns out satisfactory

- see if there are stupid, break ups, memory loss's, last minute airport "I love you saves" really stoopid plots...

- then i go and watch the rest of the drama's.

There are some good drama's but also some of them have subtitles out of sync as well.  There is one called glass mask i would love to watch properly even if the main actress I am not keen on the storyline I dont mind.  However the subs are either missing or not sync'd.

But good luck hope you find some you enjoy.  Those are mostly towards revenge drama's or romance orientated.. 

@fragglerock  actually I don't like revenge drama, the only two I know are Left-handed wife and A place in the sun. The first was good only because of Zin Tae Hyun's amazing acting. He was the only reason I was watching. A place in the sun is so tragic, even worse than the Left-handed wife, because of the tragic death of Saetbyul and Mr Hwang, two of my favourite characters, alongside my Gwanjil.  I was enjoying Choi Seungjae's acting, but was so worried about his ending, that's why I skipped too many episodes.

Actually the only reason I watch revenge dramas is for the second male lead :) because usually they are very talented actors. 

Spoiler

I prefer less tragic drama like Sunny Again tomorrow, Home for summer, so on. I also sometimes watch mini-series when they have a music theme, something like Heartstrings, Wanna Hear your song, etc. But otherwise the heavy dramas are not really very happy to watch. 

I do watch a sad drama now starring Choi Seungjae, because he is an amazing actor, it is entitled "Sea of a Woman".  I might return to watch "liver or die" (which is so good, but never managed to continue it :D ) 

I also looked for Tae Hyun's other drama, but sadly they are not subtitled, except for Monster, Angel's revenge, All about my romance. He acted in dailies but they are not subtitled. He did two works with his wife, Pure Pumpkin flower and Hold my hand, but no subtitles :(  @jayakris mentioned Mr. Oh, but it is not available even on youtube. also "white lie" is very good, but unavailable. So I didn't find his works :( 

I haven't watched today's E99 yet, but here is the KBS preview for E100 - http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,99,798573

Blurb: 태준을 경찰에 넘기고 광일의 자수 소식을 듣게 된 유월은 모든 게 끝났다는 생각에 허무해지는데... 유치장에서 광일을 만난 태준은 아버지처럼 살고 싶지 않아 자수했다는 광일의 말에 멍해진다. 한편, 장회장과 유월은 시월과의 결혼문제로 어긋나는데....

Translation: Handing over CTJ to the police but hearing the news of KI turning himself in, YW feels that everything was in vain... Meeting KI in the jail cell, CTJ gets a blank feeling when he says that he doesn't want to live like his father.  Meanwhile, YW and Chmn Jang are out of step on the issue of his marriage to SW.

------------

Huh?  KI goes to jail (for what, really?) and that evil chairman is still sitting comfortably in his room, ordering people around?  Somebody put that old geezer in jail to rot, please!

14 minutes ago, jayakris said:

Translation: Handing over CTJ to the police but hearing the news of KI turning himself in, YW feels that everything was in vain... Meeting KI in the jail cell, CTJ gets a blank feeling on when he says that he doesn't want to live like his father.  Meanwhile, YW and Chmn Jang are out of step on the issue of his marriage to SW.

------------

Huh?  KI goes to jail (for what, really?) and that evil chairman is still sitting comfortably in his room, ordering people around?  Somebody put that old geezer in jail to rot, please!

I sort of feel satisfied that KI returned to his senses. Now he can start a fresh beginning. He needed to redeem himself and return back to the good old Gwanjil. Now there is no reason for KI's haters to dislike him

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg 

from the preview

so Gwanjil hands himself in. I really like him more now (more than I did already lol)

@triplem  @Lmangla  @chococarmela

I just saw a clip of today’s episode and I have  to say . Mi Ran is the #1 WORST TV MOM EVER. She knows her kid is crazy and she leaves someone else to take care of her crazy kid. Smh shm  I am so glad I stopped watching . She is such a horrible mom for doing this . 

Can someone give me Choi Seung Jae’s Instagram, please?

@jayakris I hope KI gets out of jail fast. I am not interested in him being there. Seriously, that angers me.

what I did find totally in character and amusing was his asking DS for his passport when he knows she is incompetent, untrustworthy, and nuts.

KI committee multiple crimes he does not get bonus points for handing himself after the fact. He deserves to be lock up for a long time. His actions lead to the death of someone and he attempt the other which wants not an accident.

Him an his dad should share  jail cell I had enough dramas of  evil people being forgiving for the disgusting crimes.

This was not unexpected for KI character to turn himself in, he was so pushed to the wall the only way out was fighing.  When all those avenues got cut the only way he felt was out was suicide.  Both extremes but to him he had no where else to go, his whole life in short was not his.

He needed her apology, I never expected him to forgive her, especially not just yet let alone apologise to YW.  That was not going to immediately happen.  But the apology he got was enough to calm him to think of his mother and do the right thing.

For me YW if far too arrogant about his position right now.  Maybe its just his characters acting I dont know, as i know he is trying to resolve things and bring things to a close.  But from my perspective only it seems those two are a train wreck, they battle against the badies i get that but they also take advantage of those who did have even the tinies bit of good in them.

I understand YW and why people are with him, but what gets me is his attitude show not even the slightest bit of empathy towards KI.  I dont expect him to like him what so ever.  But if you watch other drama's the person realising thier position at least empathisees to some degree over taking their original position back.  But this drama has alot of things which i find weird.

I hope when he gets out of this he can make good with them but then say no thank you i want as far away from you guys as possible.  No offence but your toxic to me and i dont want to be influenced by you two and your family either and go off with his mother.

Archived