[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fragglerock said:

So any spoilers?  How did it end up for each person?

From the preview 

Spoiler

KI is out of prison, he visits CTJ. Then he visits JH.

SW and YW unite

DK and MR are walking together 

Jang is dying and thanked YW for forgiving him

@mekeo117 you are not alone. I adore Choi Seung Jae :wub:

Have a look. I made it. 

Spoiler

Here is the final episode, #102, preview from KBS - http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,101,798676

Blurb: 장회장의 임종을 지키는 가족들... 장회장은 유월에게 고맙다는 마지막 말을 남기고 떠난다. 병원에서 퇴원한 덕실은 미란과 함께 예전처럼 밝게 지내고, 출소하고 정희를 찾아간 광일은 우연히 시월과 마주친다. 한편, 유월은 시월을 어딘가로 데려가는데....

Translation: The family is with Chmn Jang at his passing... He drops a "thank you" to YW as his final words as he departs.  Discharged from hospital after recovery, DS is having a cheerful life with her mom like in old days, and KI runs into SW by chance as he leaves prison and visits JH.  Meanwhile, YW is taking SW away somewhere....

So, that is that, for that!

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

Finally ended, this drama was hard to watch for me, they played dirty onto Kwang Il so i cried like a river every episode for him. Maybe i love to much the actor but i started the drama just for him. Never liked the main actress so seeing KI and SW talk so casually make me cry and laugh, the writter is so ridiculuos there is no way they ended like friends. KI playing the happy family seems off. 

what the heck they sort of like made KI end up with that girl who appear in earlier episodes and even Deok Sil with that guy hah ?!

What i regret is they didn't made KI and Jimin interact again . Miss the  father - son interaction 

3 hours ago, Minwae said:

Finally ended, this drama was hard to watch for me, they played dirty onto Kwang Il so i cried like a river every episode for him. Maybe i love to much the actor but i started the drama just for him. Never liked the main actress so seeing KI and SW talk so casually make me cry and laugh, the writter is so ridiculuos there is no way they ended like friends. KI playing the happy family seems off. 

A fellow fan lol. Did you watch A woman's sea?

Agreed it was a strange curve on the final episode, YW decided to dismantle the charmanship, suddenly he collapses, they return from overseas, and all turns rosy again after time jump.  But I must say even if its just my opinion there is still better chemistry between KI and SW than SW & YW, if they really wanted to go that route they should of cast the male character around the other way.

Even at the end when they met on the road, I think he still had affection for her after what he said to his mother.  But its the way she looked at him after he walked away, it was a pull connection.  Yet later with YW it was the only time i saw them have even a remote connection but stil it was not as strong as with KI.  But thats just my opinion.

Now finally KI will have a better life, he is comfortable now away from all that is pulling him all directions.

@fragglerock I think it is the interaction between the actor and actress that is missing, but we already expected YW and SW to end together 

I feel that YW's character wasn't drawn deeply by the writer. His inner thoughts are not shown clearly

If there is a vote for best actor, I would go for Choi Seung Jae and Zin Tae Hyun (last year, it was a tie)

I vote for Choi Seung Jae too as best new comer in Liver or Die

By the way, he was the sole breadwinner of his family after his dad died. He worked part-time in the theatre since 2008 then debuted late in 2013. His roles were all minor till 2017 when he played a main role in Sea of a woman 

Archived