[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

1 hour ago, yamiyugi said:

ohamahamoud2002 now to finally try and answer your point that you made. Yes, it probably was a bit harsh to say that Duck did that to Mr. Sun but it is a matter of how one views the situation and under normal circumstances I would also agree that it would be very hard to love that kind of person and you could never love a child by them. But you have to look at it from his context or what happened next.

DS is crazy, she took advantage of the situation. I am not defending her or anything, I just wanted to say what happened only :) but we all agree that she is not a lovable character. But now that she started to become mad, I feel sorry for her.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, joan0528 said:

Ep96 preview

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/mobile/?section_id=4392

To many dragging moments for the preview...now CTJ disclose who killed JH first love...and KI asking grandfather not to let him out of yangji logis in exchange for divorce and custody of Jimin (is it true for KI or he has another plan?)

And why the next episode is schedule oct 23 not oct22, dont tell us KBS that no episode will be broadcast tomorrow...

Since they clearly show Ep 96 for Oct 23rd, I assume there will be no episode tomorrow. Argh.

Blurb for Ep 96: 태준은 장회장에게 연락해 유월 생부의 죽음에 관련된 비밀에 대해 말하고, 장회장은 유월에게 광일의 해임안을 다시 생각해보라고 한다. 한편, 유월은 이사회에서 광일의 해임안이 결정되자 마음이 복잡해지는데....

Translation: CTJ calls Chmn Jang and talks about the secret related to YW's borth-dad's death, and Chmn Jang tells YW to rethink the dismissal motion on KI.  Meanwhile, YW's mind gets complicated with the dismissal motion decision at the Director board meeting.

-------------

Meanwhile, today's episode finally made it clear that the 조카 (choka) of Mrs. Yang is a nephew and not a niece.  I think one of you (maybe @yamiyugi?) was asking about this earlier.  The subbers initially in one of the early eipsodes had it as a "niece" and later started using "nephew".  The Korean word is the same for both, so it was never clear.  But today we heard SH thinking to herself after talking to the chairman that she was wondering if that is a "nam-dongsaeng" (brother).   But now we have to wonder about the significance of this development.  Maybe YW can hand-over the company chairmanship to this nephew in 3 years and go away with JM and SW??

I loved the goof troop getting all energized to do another DNA test as "regular clients" at the clinic.  Roles have all been assigned.  MinJae to go pull the hair of this "nephew", and JiEun to bring the zip-loc bag as usual!!  LOL :)

5 hours ago, Nancy Chua said:

i have an idea after watching Ep 95, YW and DS will leave together with JM to start a family somewhere and the son of Chairman Jang which is the son of the secretary will become the new chairman of Yanggi

YW and DS or YW and SW?

@nohamahamoud2002 Don't know if I want to feel bad that Duck is going mad or not. Am slightly on the fence in regards to that. Though to be honest she started to become more unstable ever since she lost her daughter and started to realize a few truths regarding the story such as her husband probably never loved her and the revelation of Jiming being his son. Then on top of all that she suddenly not only discovers the existence of a brother and the crime that her mother committed in the past towards her husband and all. I am just surprised that it took her so long to break down.

@tulip06 Thankyou for pointing out that Kwang Ill was good at taking care of the arboretum. This probably missed me since it must have been in one of the first twenty episodes which I haven't watched. If that is indeed the case then I will be okay for him to live over there taking care of it. He can also probably take his mother or still be allowed to see her then I won't have much of an issue with him. His death at that point is unneeded. Regardless of his fate ChoI Tae Joon must be punished. The writer has clearly indicated that he might get punished from the Divine. We have seen that the reactions of the main leads seem to give him pain in the chest. Probably a sign of a weak heart or perhaps sign that he may get a heart attack by the end of the show. I wonder if anyone will volunteer their heart to save him. Perhaps it will be Kwang Ill. Choi Tae Joon can then live in regret all his life that his son was the one that saved his worthless life. This will be the changing point in his life and he turns to the side of light finally.

@jayakris Thankyou for clarifying my question. It really was a bit confusing when the subbers suddenly changed the gender of the relative so suddenly. Hopefully there wont be a power struggle between the characters now and they can share the company peacefully. Probably not but we will have to wait and see I guess.

As for Ducks condition I really hope that this doesn't happen by the end of the show. She loses her mind and now instead of placing her in a mental ward as they should. The main leads feel guilty and responsible for her condition so they decide to take care of her for the rest of their lives. So this means by the end of the show all three of them are living as a family. That would so weird in my opinion even if they some how manage the logistics of this. The Goof Troop really don't deserve the company but I have no idea what we can do with them at this point. Perhaps they can all go into the entertainment business (pun fully intended) or perhaps they take up various jobs. For instance it will turn out that Spying is their forte as well as discovering Birth Secrets so whenever someone has doubts send the cousin to pull a persons hair to test it (he did mention in an episode that he has started to get a thrill whenever he pulls a persons hair now.) That can be his job from now on. His wife can follow him with a Ziploc Bag to bag the evidence. His mother can use her networks to gather information and the Dad can join the NIS and die as a hero on some secret mission. The grandson can grow up vowing revenge on the terrorists showing that he is the king of the family.

Well that will be all from my end for now. So take care all of you.

The missing element in this so-called 'family' is compassion.  It is extraordinary that they can turn on or off their emotional links just because of a blood test. 

Day 1, I love you because  we were blood related.  Day 2,  we are not blood related, I don't love you.  This situation isn't a parking meter, where there is time expiration based on how many coins you feed the meter.  And, you don't get an overtime parking citation even if you continue to love and treat him as before. Sheesh. :blink:

Such is the case with KL.  How can one say, so easily, to the person, whom you have treated and cared about for thirty years, to GET OUT.  Regardless of the sins of KL's father, KL was the infant/child/man that was raised and nurtured in this family.  :rolleyes:

I wonder if there is a salary dispute between the Goof Troop members and the production company.  Perhaps, the goof troop haven't gotten paid, so they are 'taking their pound of flesh' by stealing the show with their comedy.  They are wonderful; the only lively ones in the whole drama.  :lol:

@joan0528  I don't understand from the preview: what will happen in episode 96?  Who will die?

@Auntie Mame  I agree with you.  KI would be much less of an richard simmons if they were kinder to him and more loving and reassuring to him.  How do you say to someone to get out, no you have no rights now just because you aren't blood-related after all?  They adopted him, even if it was by mistake!  But that seems to be Korean drama culture for you, adoption means being nasty to the person adopted.

I disagree. KI stole someone life and now KI and his father threatening a kid ,his mother and their family

You cannot force family, KI is not competent so he cant force the Jangs to love him.  

And it's crazy that KI expects to be accepted. Well at least in the end KI too should end up in jail with his father. But I dont like the extensions and the dragging. It's time to wrap this drama up it's starting to be unnecessary. And this does not seem like a happy ending. Ki and DK I fear they will hurt someone in their obsession to be a Jang. 

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

@DramaBoss  You shouldn't have to be competent to be loved.  That's nasty.

Would you love it if someone who loses money on business deals wants to continue to own a big portion of your company. Of course not. 

Expecting the Jangs to accept him and not switch is emotional. 40yrs your real family was an orphan. Its shameless. How can KI expect to be remain their family. He is a reminder of the 40 yrs they missed with their real family.

20 hours ago, DramaBoss said:

I disagree. KI stole someone life and now KI and his father threatening a kid ,his mother and their family

You cannot force family, KI is not competent so he cant force the Jangs to love him.  

And it's crazy that KI expects to be accepted. Well at least in the end KI too should end up in jail with his father. But I dont like the extensions and the dragging. It's time to wrap this drama up it's starting to be unnecessary. And this does not seem like a happy ending. Ki and DK I fear they will hurt someone in their obsession to be a Jang. 

KI did not steal anyone’s life. He did not switch himself at birth. He never wanted nor coveted the position as Head of the Company. When he found out who he actually was, the first thing he wanted to do was reveal the truth, give up everything and leave with Shi Wol and JaMin. SW convinced him not to. He turned into a monster because he was betrayed by the woman he loves, (SW). Who would not go crazy after living a lie for 13 years. He never cared for his father, he was taught by his mother to revere whom he thought was his dead birth father. His actions now are fueled by hurt and revenge. Everyone around him, especially SW and CTJ have manipulated and used him. The Chairman is the biggest culprit of all, pulling everyone’s strings, denying his daughter the right to marry who she chooses, being responsible for his death, using CTJ to do his dirty deeds, dumping KI because he is not blood, being mean and hateful to his second daughter . Greed is driving the Jang family. The Jang fortune is not a given. YW Vow is to set everything straight and destroy the company built on dishonesty and deceit. The management of the company is corrupt due to the Chairman and CTJ doings. One is no better than the other. So love is dependent on competence?. So you don’t meet my expectations so you are unworthy of my love. You are apart of this family for 40 years. Too bad KI, suck it up. Go back to your place because, the real Heir belongs here. As KI asked the Chairman, “So where do I go” JaMin is the only human in this drama that demonstrates that family is built on relationships and love. He loves KI and is not swayed by avarice and greed.  The Jang  Empire could disappear tomorrow and where does that leave the “Family”.

1 hour ago, DramaBoss said:

Would you love it if someone who loses money on business deals wants to continue to own a big portion of your company. Of course not. 

Expecting the Jangs to accept him and not switch is emotional. 40yrs your real family was an orphan. Its shameless. How can KI expect to be remain their family. He is a reminder of the 40 yrs they missed with their real family.

Thinking they should just throw out someone they raised, even if it was by mistake, and who they should still be attached to because they raised him, is nasty.  

You seem quite a nasty person.  I shall block you now.

Archived