[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jeonghyang Awwww... thank you as well for your recap gifs :)

@vangsweetie637 Yes, chingu, it's the last ep ^^... no more tomorrow... huhu... no official 'bed' scene like what we're thinking that was shown but you can clearly know they did it behind the scenes :tounge_xd:.. this scene :)

The beautiful beach kisses :heart:

img-18.gif

Why do I feel like the kisses are adlibs especially this last one... HAHA...

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-7.gif

And here's a beautiful MV too with contents of the last episode ^___^

Spoiler

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

@jeonghyang Awwww... thank you as well for your recap gifs :)

@vangsweetie637 Yes, chingu, it's the last ep ^^... no more tomorrow... huhu... no official 'bed' scene like what we're thinking that was shown but you can clearly know they did it behind the scenes :tounge_xd:.. this scene :)

We only got an UNOFFICIAL BED SCENE...

Spoiler

XHBa9EV.gif

Spoiler

... and unofficial (no-tongue-in-action) FRENCH Kiss... 63.gif

... but got an official KOREAN Kiss-  an exclusive Lips Biting! 89.gif

u7j66zg.gif

e3zR64R.gif

We'll see yah on the other drama thread..74.gif

@Ameera Ali  ... it's your turn to spam this thread. Thanks Buddy! 69.gif

Thank you to everyone who gifted us with gifs (see what I did there? hehe) and other bts etc! You have spoiled us. xxxxxxx

Also, I watched RAW! :wub:

More importantly, on a scale of "Of Course" to "Why did you even ask?", should I (try to) binge watch the entire drama on my day off tomorrow? Because I'm kinda thinking I should... :tounge_wink:

@lightbringer06 ... I agree, feels very adlib!

Aw~ I had fun, such a lovely drama:D

Be happy always Dong Ju/Nok Du! I want that flower ring as well.. it's way better than any Tiffany/Bulgari:P The King remains foolish & cowardly to the very end.. he can't even keep his throne for goodness sakes!:crazy: I feel bad for Yul Mu... but he chose this path :cry: Maybe he should join Extraordinary You's Kyung & start Lonely Hearts Club huh LoL:blush:

I hope So Hyun & Dong Yoon wins Best Couple Award at this years' award ceremony.. 

That's it for me y'all, I bid you adieu. Take care, be kind to one another & be happy always~   

Dongju spent half of the series pushing Nokdu away when in fact she's one of the passionate lover :)))) They just cannot stop kissing this last episode (not that I complaint xD) 

On a side note, love the hint of Hwangtae and Ssok :D those two would be interesting tooooo. I always have a feeling ssok have some affection towards nokdu throughout the series, but I enjoy their friendship chemistry a lot, would be lovely if ssok becomes sister in law for nokdu hahaha

One big happy family, living on a peaceful island. 

After seeing all those incredible delightful happy ending photos, I am just sooooo happy he did not end up being King. Let that misery go to someone else, besides that stupid concubine stuff is not fair to our love birds if he was to be the King. 

I cried so much watching the final episode, both sad and happy tears :bawling:  I think this is one of my favourite finale episodes of a drama ever. Everything wrapped up in a satisfying way and I am just sooooo glad that Nokdu and Dongjoo and everyone they care about get to live happily together after :wub::wub: .

Something I feel this drama has done an outstanding job at is maintaining the consistency of each character's characterisation through the big and small moments. I have also loved the use of repeated themes. Some of my favourite scenes in this final episode were:

Spoiler

• Nokdu badly wounded and still teasing Dong Joo about liking him
  • The Queen telling Nokdu how precious he is and to never forget that
  • Dong Joo waking up to Nokdu lighting the candle for her, just as he used to
  • Yun Jeo holding Nokdu in his arms when they found out about the revolt
  • Dong Joo putting the flower ring on Nokdu and kissing his hand, just as he had once done for her

I will remember you for a long time Tale of Nokdu! :bawling: 
And thanks everyone on this thread for your weekly enthusiasm and shared joy at this wonderful drama! Until we meet again!

So happy that Nokdu & Dongju lived in contentment with the rest of their loved ones! They really deserve it, after all that bitterness and anguish their young selves had to endure. 

The palace drama was starting to spiral out of control, so it was great that they quickly wrapped it up halfway into the last episode and gave us 30 mins of true rom-com — asides from all the (needed) kisses, love bickering and marital bliss, I loved the hilarity of the wedding scene!

Like how Nokdu initially tries to catch the vase and objects that fall from the wind, but gives up by the third try and just looks to the sky in despair. Can just imagine him making these (. _ .) and (- _ -) faces. So cute!

pwxNk5K.png

Many, many wonderful moments in the last half of episode 16. Thank you Tale of Nokdu for giving me a reason to look forward to Mondays and Tuesdays in the last few months — you have definitely secured a place in my top 5 Korean dramas for sure!

i grateful that writer-nim still remember this drama is rom-com....that why she give viewer all the sweet moments.

i think the ending quite different compared to others saeguk. the writer is properly end dongju and nokdu story soo beautifully...

:heart:

can't wait for 31 dec for drama awards....hope they will got awards for their excellent acting in this drama.

I LOVE THE ENDING SO FREAKIN MUCHHH. Guess who is going to rewatch it again and again...and again?

giphy.gif

Usually when the drama ends, for me the characters end with it but with TTON I feel like they will carry on living their life on the island - DJ and ND will grow old together with their children and family, and they will continue loving each other every.single.day. Just the thought of it makes me very happy :wub: Maybe that is why parting with this drama is bearable coz in my head they are still living their happy life at the moment LOL

EKOXAfsVUAEXXZc?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EKQJTIPU4AApNWy?format=jpg&name=medium

photo credit: 

@shiruiichiinen
Spoiler

EKQbGYXXkAECQTn?format=jpg&name=large
EKQbFyAWoAA8c97?format=jpg&name=large

photo credit: 

what I love the most about the final episode is how believable their love is. when I was watching their scenes.. it felt as if I was watching snippets of their life instead of just scenes from a drama. They look genuinely happy and in love and most importantly, content. HUHUHUHU HOW TO MOVE ONNNNNN 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

the 9 year jump scene is so beautiful, with DJ looking more mature with her long tied hair, and ND looking ever so content with his life just tugs every heartstrings I have. They actually look like they were married for 9 years already. JUST LOOK AT THEEEM 

Spoiler

EKOWXXlUUAEWlyP?format=jpg&name=medium

EKOWXXnVAAIHcSj?format=jpg&name=medium

As Kim so hyun's fan, I am extremely grateful that she took this project. Seeing her laughing so hard, being close with the casts and crew, being so carefree and for that, this drama will forever be special for me:heart:

And lastly, I want to thank all of you guys for making watching the drama even more fun for me! all the posts and jokes, fangirling and discussions were really fun! thankssss:heart:

edit: 

I HOPE THEY RELEASE THE BTS SCENE FOR THIS AS WELL, COZ LIKE...DAMN GIRL, I WAS UGLY CRYING WITH HER THE WHOLE TIME. SHE IS SO GOOD.

Spoiler

EKQJRyuUUAAoZUq?format=jpg&name=medium

Sorry guys , so late for the party:D

Thank you for these awesome recaps:wub:

The drama

Is the subbed video out now? I’m waiting for the sub as my korean is very limited to just reading and writing:sweatingbullets:. But based from these recaps, i saw a lot of kissing:wub:,  they look so natural like it was really ksh and jdy kissing B)and not nokdu and dongju(again with my delulu), in particular the wedding kiss reminds me of a my love from the star bts when jjh and ksh both smiled after the kiss:rolleyes:

The party

Why is it that they have different gifts? Jdy’s only his characters, how will he remember dongju whenever he look at it???

I really love this drama, the characters(nokdu is one of the best male kdrama characters ever:thumbsup: and my badass katniss everdeen ofc), the cinematography:love:(bookmarking the locations for when i go back to korea), the story(even the politics) and specially the osts(any idea on the overseas shipping price?) . What i’m trying to say is i love everything about it:wub::heart: 

well except for the ratings.:huh:

Ok, i’ll stop the fangirling now:D

1 hour ago, purpleconfetti said:

Something I feel this drama has done an outstanding job at is maintaining the consistency of each character's characterisation through the big and small moments. I have also loved the use of repeated themes. Some of my favourite scenes in this final episode were:

Reveal hidden contents

• Nokdu badly wounded and still teasing Dong Joo about liking him
  • The Queen telling Nokdu how precious he is and to never forget that
  • Dong Joo waking up to Nokdu lighting the candle for her, just as he used to
  • Yun Jeo holding Nokdu in his arms when they found out about the revolt
  • Dong Joo putting the flower ring on Nokdu and kissing his hand, just as he had once done for her

You are absolutely SPOT ON about this! The writers and directors have done a really good job with maintaining consistency and making parallels to show how the characters' core personalities are the same, but also to show us how things have come full circle (in the case of the ring). It shows that they have a very clear sense of their characters (also no surprise than that main characters and supporting characters are all well-defined) and a very strong vision of where their plot is going. Which thus made it very satisfying to watch on a whole. 

I think every actor and actress did a phenomenal job. The PD and everyone behind the scenes did great too. The chemistry between DJ and ND was absolutely perfect. 

I wish the ratings were higher. They really deserved much higher ratings. 

So I know this is very minor but since someone here already mentioned it- I do wish the dolls that someone made had DJ in it too (the one someone gave Nokdu). Also, the little favors had mostly ND image. I think the main roles were really an equal partnership between the two. 

I hope the actor and actresses remain close. I think JDY is going to blow up after this. KSH is already a big star but hopefully this will open her up to many more quality roles. 

Best couple awards for these two! :)

Archived