Quantcast
Jump to content
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

Recommended Posts

I just started this a few days ago, and am up to episode 14. So far, my definition of a happy ending is for that SUPER annoying bratty little monster of a kid to get killed, the sooner the better. And for K Drama writers to realise that smug, selfish smartaiss knowitall kids are neither funny nor cute, but are repellent and obnoxious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More photos from the Nokdujeon family gathering:

Instructions on how to vote for the KBS Drama Awards 2019!!!

Male Netizen Award Nominee:  Jang Dong Yoon

Female Netizen Award Nominee:  Kim So Hyun
Best Couple Award Nominees: Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun + Jang Dong Yoon and Kang Tae Oh
 

Kim So Hyun's interview:

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg yes i would love to see KSH in a drama like www or costarring with LDH.. she is also one of my fav actresses..

Im so happy the cast is still so close.. i hope they keep in touch for a long time and work together in the future..

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Han Garim's V-log of Nokujeon Family Gathering :wub:

 

An older Vlog from Song Chae Yoon showing BTS.

  • Like 5
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am totally loving all the TTON family videos and photos! I'm so glad they are sharing online and they look like such a close knit family! Here's hoping more of them attend the year-end awards so we can see them all seated at one table!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is such a FUN MV! it captures the flirty, charming, youthful spirit of the first half of the show. (Also JDY looks hella hot in the first 10 seconds haha)

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

 

Training for martial arts:

1st video: Han Garim's Vlog featuring Virtuous Women Corps and the Mulwudan.

2nd video: Cho Su Hyang's agency released her practice video. Other cast members seen include Jang Dong Yoon, Kang Tae Oh and Kim So Hyun in background.

 

Webtoon author received an award for Nokdujeon at the Webtoonist Day 2019!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like the cast I'm still struggling to move on from this drama. When will kbs announce the full nomination list? The award is in 2 weeks but there isn't a single promotion. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this forum not active anymore? I'm missing reminiscing about tale of nokdu and naked dongyoon, bed scene jokes. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, petunia said:

Is this forum not active anymore? I'm missing reminiscing about tale of nokdu and naked dongyoon, bed scene jokes. 

Seems many people have moved on to other drama threads and TTON fandom is more active in twitter and instagram? It will probably get more active towards KBS Drama Awards 2019. KBS isn't doing very much to hype up the awards show this year. Jang Dong Yoon is one of the hosts at the KBS Entertainment Awards 2019 happening this weekend, so maybe Nokdu or Lady Kim's long awaited return to the small screen will happen.

 

Sharing some insights posted by @kiraning at Twitter:

Don't forget to vote!

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sky8lue, thanks! :)

@petunia, i'm also having a hard time moving on or letting go of this drama. Have been coming back to look for updates but there is not much here. Have been watching all the OST and FMV on youtube too. You can find quite a few updates in instagram & twitter :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 6:03 PM, hahanzyy said:

 

@petunia, i'm also having a hard time moving on or letting go of this drama. Have been coming back to look for updates but there is not much here. Have been watching all the OST and FMV on youtube too. You can find quite a few updates in instagram & twitter :)

Sadly there isn't much here on this forum but the shipping forum has some delightful videos. I'm thinking if I should post them here too. Maybe it'll brighten up this forum. 

 

While I'm here can I just went my frustrations with kbs? This might be just my opinion but I think they did bare minimum to promote tale of nokdu and now they won't even announce their nominations. Very frustrating. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, petunia said:

While I'm here can I just went my frustrations with kbs? This might be just my opinion but I think they did bare minimum to promote tale of nokdu and now they won't even announce their nominations. Very frustrating. 

I have the same complaints! There's really not much promotion being done, though part of it is possibly due to the cast having a very tight filming schedule (especially towards the end). Now that the drama is over, it's even harder to expect promotions to continue. Most of the cast are busy with new projects (Han Garim is busy filming a 120-episode weekday drama, Jang Dong Yoon will start filming for his new movie...)

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sky8lue said:

I have the same complaints! There's really not much promotion being done, though part of it is possibly due to the cast having a very tight filming schedule (especially towards the end). Now that the drama is over, it's even harder to expect promotions to continue. Most of the cast are busy with new projects (Han Garim is busy filming a 120-episode weekday drama, Jang Dong Yoon will start filming for his new movie...)

 

 

 

Well you're right life continues to move on but in my opinion kbs could have done a lot more. They've literally slept on their promotions could be why the ratings looked like they did. At least they're getting the love online they deserve it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a good ending drama - I wish some of the humour that really made me laugh the first episodes would have carried on in the later episodes. i.e Kim So Hyun trying to apply herbs to Nokdu's bum when they got burnt in the widow's village. I understand of course the darker changes in tone though.

 

The little girl was not cute and tbh very cringe annoying but oh well. Only other criticism is that the two protagonist's love story was at times very repetitive and all those scenes of them not telling each other the truth, could have been replaced by scenes of other characters.  

 

I really liked the ending because I half expected Nokdu to take the crown in that last fight. By having Nokdu return instead as a normal person to his island with Kim So Hyun, the show made a far more impacting message in my opinion about how useless power is without love. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys!!! Let's UPVOTE the comments that support our DongJeon aka Macaron couple, in this Naver articles and don't forget to vote for them in the KBS page, the competition is really hard but we can do it (^o^)9 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/213/0001145761

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000220330

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/009/0004485187

0002241814_002_20190930153634970.jpg&typ

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ignatius said:

What a good ending drama - I wish some of the humour that really made me laugh the first episodes would have carried on in the later episodes. i.e Kim So Hyun trying to apply herbs to Nokdu's bum when they got burnt in the widow's village. I understand of course the darker changes in tone though.

 

The little girl was not cute and tbh very cringe annoying but oh well. Only other criticism is that the two protagonist's love story was at times very repetitive and all those scenes of them not telling each other the truth, could have been replaced by scenes of other characters.  

 

I really liked the ending because I half expected Nokdu to take the crown in that last fight. By having Nokdu return instead as a normal person to his island with Kim So Hyun, the show made a far more impacting message in my opinion about how useless power is without love. 

 

I was happy he didn't decide to take the crown because it wouldn't have been very nokdu like to rule as a king. Your analysis is spot on being surrounded by love over empty power.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...