[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

5 hours ago, petunia said:

I've read on soompi that another drama that just aired is getting promotional activities in China. Any chances tale of nokdu could get similar promotions? I can't come to terms with giving up this drama plus I think they deserve more popularity and love. When a good drama doesn't get the right amount of appreciation it stings as a fan. I do think this drama has enough international popularity to warrant some promotional fan meetings or events. 

If im not mistaken. Tale of Nokdu is gonna air in Japan next year at the end of January. So perhaps they'll have a few promotions like what they did with ruler (variety show appearance, press conference, and magazine shoot) Lets just pray for the best. 

TBH im quite dissapointed that KBS didn't hype the drama considiring it might be their last monday tuesday drama. Might as well go all out right... 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sky8lue I know, right?.. HAHA.. no Dong Jeon .. again :)... we only have the Drama Awards left...

This would be nice.. at least it's not a romance one :joy:... he can finally show his acting range with this kind of genre.

And here's a translation of PD Kim Dong Hwi about his thoughts of the drama... hope we can thank him personally too ^^...

PD-nim left a heartwarming message in Nokdujeon DC Gallery on 26 November (translated by @luce_13 twitter):

Read the full message at @luce_13 twitter

For those who are keen to buy the Director' Cut Blu-Ray, the pre-order is extended until Dec 4. Subtitles are not confirmed yet, but hope the production team will do so given the international fanbase.

it's been almost a week and i just cant.. i dont know how to handle this empty feeling :bawling:

I guess i have to start rewatching the episodes and hope for more interviews and news in the near future

Just like the director and cast it's hard to move on 

BTS "thank you" short clip featuring Yoon Sabong (Kang Soon Nyeo), Ko Gun Han (Vice Curator), Song Geon Hee (Hwangtae) and of course Hwang Miyoung (Park Bok Nyeo) herself:

Caption: Annyeong, Nokdujeon

@soesje  Looks like the cast and crew are also having a hard time letting go. 5 plus months of such a tight-knit happy family. They are drama production goals!

Same here... i still can't get enough of Nokdu and Dongjoo so i continue to rewatch all the episodes.  TTON will be one of my top five ever K-drama! Thanks to PD nim and the writer for their love and care in bringing to life TTON. What made TTON really amazing was the explosive chemistry between JDY and KSH, both on-and off-screen.  I read somewhere that KSH tends to be a bit more reserved and guarded in her previous dramas, but here, she was really having a great time, thanks to JDY.  One can see that they are both having fun!  I cant help but ship our macaroon couple!  The kisses, skinship and over-all vibes between them scream "something" - or are they so good in acting! I am glad to learn that JDY wants to work with KSH again in the future.  Perhaps, they can collaborate again, in a few years time when they are both older.  In the meantime, i hope that they get to bond and grow their friendship, and with fingers crossed, progress in something else.  Wishing the best for them.  In the meantime, i will continue to lurk in our thread and in the shipper's paradise to see updates on our ND and DJ. Fighting!

@soesje Same, chingu, same... still lurking in IG and Twitter and searching the hashtag for TTON. Even when I tell myself to pick up all my on-hold dramas, but I can't seem to do it because I'm sure I'll be playing TTON in my phone all over again and the cycle goes on again and again :sweatingbullets:.

This is so sweet... Aengdu and So Hyun bonding :)

seems like we are getting a KSH interview today finally more interviews for her..

And it seems like KTO said in his interview that KSH cried at the wrap up party and he almost cried as well..

It's difficult if you get so comfortable on set and everyone is having a blast and is like a family its hard to say goodbye..

That chemistry really translated on to the screen and it would be really nice if the whole production crew including the actors would work together again in the future..

It's so nice of KSH to take aengdu out on a date and give her cute things to remind her of their times together..

I also noticed the pictures with JDY.. how did she even get the picture.. and i do agree it seems like she loved the fanart and the scene of the three of them together.. 

@lightbringer06 i abandoned all my on hold drama's because my heart is filled with TTON .. i guess i will silently wait until the award shows or the release of the dvd for new updates 

KSH and JDY are trending on Daum

EKwfgBJUEAAfchc.png

Sohyun's interview for TTON

“I’ve been close w/ JDY for a long time since script reading. It didn’t take a long time to us to get close cz our personality tho. And we’re really comfortable to each other while practicing and it was kinda be a lil problem back then.”

“At the 1st time our chemistry was like a quarrel chemy and that was really comfy but kinda worried that it couldn’t show the romance side. In the half ep, it was hard to put emo into a man n woman cuz we just shared alot of things as woman to woman, fight, take care of each other like sisters..”

“But then when the script came out, the romance scenes slightly increased. There r some scenes that i felt it has no much details but once it’s released, it was just naturally happened. Thats why the acting could turned out well”

Abt the misunderstanding of Sohyun and Dongyoon dating: “I thought it might be like that. I like when that kind of story/talks came out. I like it cuz It means that we look good tgt and i kept smile while shooting.”

“I also heard that we do look together and i was like “Me with oppa?” kind of feeling .. but im afraid that it might be get caught so I couldn’t tell it.” (Laughs)

Ksh talked abt the kiss scene “It was nothing to shot the reall kiss scenes but when it came to daily kisses, i was shy. Theres a lot of kiss scenes for a historical drama tho..”

Ksh comment abt Jdy’s kiss interview (business). “Isnt he put too much line for that? Well but so what? In filming site the PDs kept saying “It’s business” and we could finally be more comfortable thanks to that.”

“At The ending kiss scene, the time was running out. We put it down halfway. I filmed that while hoping it would turn out pretty. I trusted the PD cuz they know hot to get a pretty picture.

Ksh talked abt the famous topless kiss scene: “I feel sorry(lack) abt that cuz we filmed it so early. I wasn’t really comfortable back then and also i was still awkward with kiss scenes, thats why.”

Transleted by ssohyn_k twiitter

EKwzt8mUYAAang5.jpg

@Breeze Thank you so much for sharing :wub::heart:

I feel slightly confused about certain parts of the interview because of the translation... but it seems like our sohyunie has grown up so much.. aigoo

seems like JDY and KSH are really close.. i liked that she said that she liked reading dating news about them LOL..

You could tell she developed from an awkward kiss to very daring kisses with a lot of confidence and thats why actors should kiss more than 2 times in a drama:relieved:

I've been trying to watch other dramas for a week but the hangover for tale of nokdu is so strong I can't move on. Better to just camp out here and read all the interviews that get translated and posted here by kind souls. I can feel the affection the casts have for each other just by reading the interviews here and seeing all the pics that they keep posting. The message from the director is basically how we all feel about the drama and he did great leading the team. I want to see them all getting properly rewarded at the kbs drama awards because they deserve it. 

Archived