[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

16 hours ago, alleram95 said:

I have been listening to  Hotel Del Luna OSTs these days. So far my favourites are sung by Taeyeon, Gummy and Paul Kim. 

I remembered someone said they are waiting for the song that is played when the room 13 ghost was vanished by Mago 4th and when CS fears of MW turned to dust. I search the song at YouTube and found this user who make a video cut of the song... 

I'm not an expert, but here is my try of translating the verse :

I'll erase it

The lingering memories of you

And I hope

There is no memory of you that will remain

I can't approach you anymore

I'm so afraid

Take all my memories

Please erase everything

(It's) done for me

I have to leave you

So excited for the next OST that is coming. They got some big stars to singing for this drama and they are all soo good. Loving it :heart:

Can't wait to see what will happen this week's episodes. 

We got a lot of people cameo-ing more.

I honestly think so far that the Mago sisters are just torturing JMW, by bring her past into the present time, so that she would go to the afterlife. Cause she got comfortable and isn't leaving and my guess is, she already repent for her sins, but she's still waiting to see the ones she loves and now she saw YW, she's waiting for the captain. Mago sisters purposely torturing her so she go quicker, by bring both LMR and YW together when their paths are never to cross in this lifetime, which will hurt JMW more, because it was all the princess evil that got YW killed in the past.

Now she's waiting on the captain and it's KCS, but with a different look, it's to torture her until the very end for her to realize that her love for the captain that she's been waiting was KCS all along. 

Just a guess on how the Mago sisters keeps coming into JMW's life just to torture her. She's just as capable as them.

• Like 5

jexcited for ep.11 tonight..❤️

the supposed  official secret romance starts! 

hopefully, the serial killing case will be resolved  soon...and no harm shall be done to CS & YW the reincarnated..the serial killer friend should be punish accordingly! he is such one creppy guy!

Saw this on Twitter...:D

Screenshot-20190817-062652-Twitter

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, lollyminx said:

She said she didn't water the tree but CS made the flowers bloom. OMG did CS did something to her for the flowers to blossom more? :w00t::w00t::w00t: AND WHAT EPISODE DID THEY SHOOT TODAY? :naughty:

HAHAHA...wasn't the flowers from ep 10? Since they bloomed. And from the looks in the preview for ep 11-12, looks like it's possibly about the flower wilting :D...

6 hours ago, angelbeast90 said:

All I heard was Koo Chanseong this, Koo Chanseong that!!!:lol:

Even her IG posts are about Chan Sung this and Chan Sung that...HAHAHA..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I read Park Young Soo at first, I was like, huh...Park Young Soo who???..and then I realized it was YW's modern name...ha ha ha...

Speaking of shooting, it's obvious that they are still currently shooting right now. I'm amazed how these Korean actors even shoot in the middle of the night. I hope they take care of themselves. Do they even sleep?...lol..

Fighting for HDL team~~!!!

Blessed SATURDAY to everyone!!!..and HAPPY HDL DAY!!!

More, guys, and we'll get to 100 pages!...and MAYBE JUST MAYBE, we'll get a KISS tonight :wub:...tsup tsup~!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I am sooooo excited :w00t: it's finally the weekend (Friday night here) and Saturday is just around the corner.  

Hmmm...that Soompi article about the twist :unsure: getting worried...nothing better happen to CS and WY/YS 

Well, we know MW will take care of things :lol: 

Fell into a rabbit hole on Youtube and came across this nicely edited video of Man Wol our tough, confident, sweet and spicy Hotel Del Luna owner.  The editing is so good and I love the filters the creator used.  Credits to XXZANABAEXX for making this totally awesome video.

Oh yay!  We made it to page 100 B)

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

seems like tonite’s ep is going to be fun :lol:

i hope the serial killer case will just end off this weekend.. its going to be ep 11&12 and not many more left.. there are still many other cameos coming up.. if the serial killer plot continues, then it could really have been MG4 giving the final trial to MW.. she might hurt that guy if she tries to save CS and YS.. :huh: she was already worried she might explode from her anger and do great harm if she sees the reborn firefly guard in the previous ep.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

8 minutes ago, nikki7 said:

This tweet cracks me up :lol:

"Cries in Chansung"...that's brilliant! :lol:

Here's the chatty recap of eps 9 and 10 at Dramas With a Side of Kimchi:

https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.com/2019/08/16/chatty-recap-hotel-del-luna-ep-910/

Interestingly, four out of the five recappers don't feel that there is any romantic chemistry between the leads, just a strong friendship or sibling vibe. This seems to be the majority opinion in the comment sections in Dramabeans as well. It'll be interesting to see how they'll feel after this weekend's ~secret romance~ episodes.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Wait, I just realized that IU is teasing us in her latest IG post.

She said she didn't water the tree but CS made the flowers bloom. OMG did CS did something to her for the flowers to blossom more? :w00t::w00t::w00t: AND WHAT EPISODE DID THEY SHOOT TODAY? :naughty:

This tree is giving me some very not innocent vivid images ....:sweatingbullets:

:grimace:

• LOL 6

1 hour ago, berny2 said:

This tree is giving me some very not innocent vivid images ....:sweatingbullets:

Who would've thought that flowers blooming will elicit such naughty, naughty thoughts right? :D

2 hours ago, RiceGirl1212 said:

Credits to XXZANABAEXX for making this totally awesome video.

Laughed so hard the song is about a psycho. 

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

Interestingly, four out of the five recappers don't feel that there is any romantic chemistry between the leads, just a strong friendship or sibling vibe.

I think it's because there has been no real development in the romance department. I mean audiences can clearly see they have deep feelings for one another, and they've said it verbally although indirectly, but for me, I understand where they are coming from because of the lack of plot lines that would strengthen their bond or should I say show their sweetness or their love for one another. It's episode 10, for instance, and we only saw a hug. On the other hand, I'm okay with it because their love is meant to be that way. I mean, what's more meaningful than having a man see into your past and watch you willing to curse a woman, and still love you, and that last scene in episode 10 did warrant a hug and nothing more because it is a deep and innocent scene. So all in all, I get why they don't think there's no chemistry between the two, but on the other hand, I also see the chemistry and appreciate how their love unfolded over time. Slow burn. I just really wish they'd speed up with the romance part because man, it's taking too long. 

GUYS, TODAY IS THE DAY. :D Happy streaming/live recapping later! 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Who would've thought that flowers blooming will elicit such naughty, naughty thoughts right? :D

Laughed so hard the song is about a psycho. 

I think it's because there has been no real development in the romance department. I mean audiences can clearly see they have deep feelings for one another, and they've said it verbally although indirectly, but for me, I understand where they are coming from because of the lack of plot lines that would strengthen their bond or should I say show their sweetness or their love for one another. It's episode 10, for instance, and we only saw a hug. On the other hand, I'm okay with it because their love is meant to be that way. I mean, what's more meaningful than having a man see into your past and watch you willing to curse a woman, and still love you, and that last scene in episode 10 did warrant a hug and nothing more because it is a deep and innocent scene. So all in all, I get why they don't think there's no chemistry between the two, but on the other hand, I also see the chemistry and appreciate how their love unfolded over time. Slow burn. I just really wish they'd speed up with the romance part because man, it's taking too long. 

GUYS, TODAY IS THE DAY. :D Happy streaming/live recapping later! 

Chan Sung needs a sexual awakening.  His character is upright, earne st, ethical kind and chaste.  He's based on a mythical character who is all these things.  But the mold needs breaking in a romance, and we need some passion from him.  This is shown in k dramas in the form of jealousy most often.  I'll tell you though, one of the hottest scenes was right in episode one on the subway when MW leans over him and blows in eyes and ears.  He's shaken by her at that moment, wondering if she'll make him her boy toy, and I got the sense he hated and loved it at the same time.  My point is these actors do have chemistry, just watch that scene, but they're being written and directed differently, where trust not passion is primary.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, brielover said:

My point is these actors do have chemistry, just watch that scene, but they're being written and directed differently, where trust not passion is primary.

I completely agree. I think it is a directional choice to keep things chaste. And I would be ok if they keep things that way. These characters' main conflict is not romance, but life, death and the frustrating games of gods, even with the humor, the levity of the situation is always around the scenes of MW and CS.  I am also not sure if highly passionate scenes would age well, and this show has a potential to be a classic.

Can we just all pray for another IU-YJG show where they can showcase sizzling erotic scenes. I'm probably alone, but I want to keep hotel del luna sweet, innocent and sincere.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

MW has to keep her cool and feelings dead (except when hearing MONEY.. champagne.. caviar..) so that the tree remains dried up and dead.. now that her heart is softened by CS, leaves grow.. flowers budding and blooming.. the moment she returned the hug at the garden, the flower buds immediately blossom :naughty: if chingus want much more romance between MW and CS, i think the poor 1300yo tree might not take it (MW heart might explode).. are we getting passionfruit and peaches off the tree soon? :joy:

Pink MG was knitting another pink heart isn’t it? let’s hope its a good one for CS..

the red one worked so well with YS and MR (i must admit, MR straightforward personality is so admirable! haha her pick up line outside the taxi had me chuckling) 

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

Happy 100th pages chingu ah :thumbsup::thumbsup:

When MW said she will keep the medicine, my first thought was that after everything is resolved, writernim will let MW and CS drink that medicine together so both of them will not see ghost anymore, become normal people and live a happy life ever after LOL. *watched too many Disney movies*

The serial killer is complicated and related to CS so I don't think it will be finish in 2 episodes. Plus we have hotel gang's closure (I'm curious about bellboy's story and how about Yuna after bellboy leaves :(). And MW's own story, MW and CS.......ahhh so many things to wrap up :scream:

• Like 9

This thing about the tree and the effect CS has on it through MW is very interesting.

MW’s being and life force is tied to it as we know, but rather that it causing MW’s life to be in stasis, perhaps it’s the other way around — MW’s state of being has kept the tree from blossoming. The tree saw a small bloom when MW first encountered CS’s father. Unknown to her, something was already stirred in her through that encounter. True, Mago planned it all. After all, HDL is Mago’s territory. She decides who can or cannot see it. MW is merely an agent of Mago’s, bound to tend to that space as the deity prescribes. Nevertheless, the tree is an outward physical manifestation of MW’s suppressed feelings and emotions. IU’s insta post as MW suggests that every time CS does something to stir her spirit, whether or not she chooses to acknowledge it, the tree responds with life. 

Now in the show it has also been suggested that the tree, even as it blossoms and grows now, will also go through another period of “death” (right? Unless I remember wrongly). So we’re expecting something else to happen to this relationship that will be experienced physically by the tree. We’ve also been told that CS is there to usher her into the afterlife, though we’re not told how. 

So I posit this: 

If the tree has not been growing for the last 1000 years because MW’s spirit has been dead, ie emotionally she cannot live, then now that it’s growing is an indication that MW is emotionally alive again. This is largely due to CS and of course other events happening that is leading her to confront the issues that have stunted her growth for the last millenia. That she is now “living”, she is ready to forge human relationships with the living (than dead relationships with those in the spirit world). This will be done through CS. Will all this culminate in CS being “used” and therefore in a short while more MW dies and gets ushered into the afterlife? Or do we get a happy-ever-after?

MW needs to have a human death in order to pass to the afterlife. To have a human death she must have a human life, ie actually live in the Carpe diem! sense of “live”. And CS is the answer. I’d like to think that if the couple invest in their relationship to the point where they sleep together — a very physical and culminating act of love and commitment to each other — MW’s spirit will be detached from the tree. Then life is fully hers while the tree then continues in its own cycle towards (a “second”) death. MW then lives and will die eventually like any other human that can grow old and age, and go through that normal life process with CS. So we will get a happily ever after.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, berny2 said:

:grimace:

Well there are many reasons why the director say they will not proceed with the drama if IU do not join. IU have mention that all the crews are her fans and we saw evidents of it. There are many things in this drama that are related to IU that any Uaena who have follow IU for some time will instantly pick up. It is like this drama is made for IU as a fan service for Uaena.

1. The Tree that represent Man Wol. This is something any Uaena will catch on to ever since the drama 1st mention it. The barren Tree is shown in IU 1st album art "Lost and Found". It is IU 1st debut as a solo singer with no fans, struggling to make a name for herself in a highly competive market that is dominated by boy and girl groups. In her 10th Anniv. Tour Concert 'dlwlrma' IU show that the Lost and Found Tree is now fully blossom. Each leaves represent 1 of her fans. You can see it here.
  2. This is more releated to your comment. The tree from Zezé.
  3. Fireflys. IU have been using Fireflys to deliver message to her fans that she love them very much. It start with this MV and she use again at Music Award
  4. Red string. Cutting of Red string that tie two people together was clearly from this MV.

There may be more but I'll stop here for now. I am just glad that I am alive in the same generation as IU, watching grow from ground zero both as an singer and as an actress. IU may not be the most talented singer or actress out there but she have show us that through hard work and perseverance, one can succeed. She is such an inspiration to so many youth that is why so many artists name IU as their role model. From such a young age she already show wisdon beyond her age. It just show how much struggle she must have been through to get to where she is today.

13680079_1081179808603827_15934336647187

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1