[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

8 hours ago, gilaswan said:

So I posit this: 

If the tree has not been growing for the last 1000 years because MW’s spirit has been dead, ie emotionally she cannot live, then now that it’s growing is an indication that MW is emotionally alive again. This is largely due to CS and of course other events happening that is leading her to confront the issues that have stunted her growth for the last millenia. That she is now “living”, she is ready to forge human relationships with the living (than dead relationships with those in the spirit world). This will be done through CS. Will all this culminate in CS being “used” and therefore in a short while more MW dies and gets ushered into the afterlife? Or do we get a happy-ever-after?

MW needs to have a human death in order to pass to the afterlife. To have a human death she must have a human life, ie actually live in the Carpe diem! sense of “live”. And CS is the answer. I’d like to think that if the couple invest in their relationship to the point where they sleep together — a very physical and culminating act of love and commitment to each other — MW’s spirit will be detached from the tree. Then life is fully hers while the tree then continues in its own cycle towards (a “second”) death. MW then lives and will die eventually like any other human that can grow old and age, and go through that normal life process with CS. So we will get a happily ever after.

How I wish that be the case that MW gets to become human again and be with CS.  But considering all the foreshadowing that's been done on this show it just seems that that's not the ending we are going to get :(

My best guess is we are going to get the sad but still good ending.  MW passes all the tests that Mago has given.  She is at peace with herself, the past, and ready to move onto the afterlife.  CS will then send her off and be his last guest.  Then I guess CS will just return to the human world working at the first hotel he was hired at.  On big full moon nights he will look up to the sky and reminisce his time with MW and give a thoughtful smile remembering her fondly and it ends on that :tears: 

If we are lucky maybe they forward to many years ahead and we see MW and CS again but their now a new reincarnated selves.

Something like this scenario: MW and CS bump into each other and they have this deja vu moment and then like go their separate ways.  Then we see later CS is meeting up with some friends at a coffee shop to do some studying and we see MW there as well.  She gets introduced by one of the friends as a new college transfer student.  CS and MW end up sitting next to each other and start fumbling around while getting their books out.  MW ends up dropping her pen under the table and CS immediately bends down to help and grabs for the pen only to end up grabbing MW's hand as she got to the pen first. (flash back to the CS taking MW's hand to sign the paperwork)  They shyly laugh at each other and then start the studying session with the friends.  Eventually the two start bickering over something the group is studying about some topic like money vs happiness...what is more important in life.  One of the friends comments "You guys argue like a old married couple" making them both laugh nervously and stop their fight even though MW is giving CS the stink eye :lol: 

Then slowly all the friends end up leaving the study session and it's now just CS and MW.  MW picks up her coffee cup and sucks through her straw what's left of her iced coffee...very little and then grabs her wallet looking inside realizing she's short on cash to get something to eat.  CS who's been reading his textbook silently glances up understanding the situation.  He then suddenly shuts it close and tells MW, "I know a chicken noodle soup shop a few blocks from here.  It's very delicious and they server fresh kimichi that goes really well with it.  Come on."  He starts packing his stuff up while MW looks at him not really sure how to tell him she doesn't have enough money on her.  CS then tells her "I'll spot you this meal.  Consider it a new transfer student welcoming dinner.  Just pay me back tomorrow."  CS walks away from the table nearing the exit when he turns around and asks, "Are you coming?"  MW quickly grabs all her stuff and has a small smile.  CS's has turned around facing the cafe door also smiles to himself.  And so it ends here hinting that these two have found each other again in this new life :wub:

LOL my fanfic mind :w00t:  I know this won't happen :lol:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, jasminssiii said:

New OST

I'm starting to get scared of their OST's titles lol why is it all about goodbye now huhu anyways I'm still waiting for Punch's Done For Me I've been humming it for weeks now :D

Excited for the new OST.

I know, these titles are like giving us a bunch of "goodbyes" :tears: We know they are going to say goodbye, but please it's hard enough knowing that, why does these OST has to add on more sadness melody in the background.

I've been humming Punch's OST, too. Lol. :lol: 

• Like 4

Eng subs for the latest behind the scenes clip!!! :w00t:

Before the subs came out, I initially thought the staff were mimicking the wedding songs, like when the couple getting married sign the papers. I thought that's what they were singing when CS pulled MW's hand to sign lol 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Excited for the new OST.

I know, these titles are like giving us a bunch of "goodbyes" :tears: We know they are going to say goodbye, but please it's hard enough knowing that, why does these OST has to add on more sadness melody in the background.

I've been humming Punch's OST, too. Lol. :lol: 

I'm getting frustrated right now...why no release yet of Punch's song...aigoo...lots of new OSTs have already been released except for this one. I feel like they're saving it for last. I'm so Done for Me :joy:...

tenor-1.gif  

IU-Yeo-Jin-Goo1-2.jpg 

And the ROMANCE begins~!!! :wub:

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 7
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

So Chan Sung hasnt replied to Man Wol's IG, ie, the flower blooming picture on IG yet?

Not yet, I think. It's kinda annoying (a little) that he's not playing along. Hahaha 

In the new stills of the upcoming episodes, is MW whispering, "Chan-sungah, you look really sexy in a suit" or something? :w00t:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@lollyminx & @brielover I like your takes on the chemistry issue. I understand it more from Man Wol's side; she has a thousand years' worth of emotional baggage tied to falling in love (with the wrong guy) and I'm sure she's come across a lot of attractive men during that time, but the last thing she'd want is to get romantic with anyone. I don't agree with the comments that they have no chemistry at all, but I wonder if YJG could have played some "I know this is all absurd but I find you really hot/attractive in this moment" facial expressions here and there, even from the start. I mean the Rumpelstiltskin his dad warned him about turned out to be a really hot woman. And yes there are a lot of ghosts involved and she's his boss, but she's really hot. :lol: And of course he gets to know her and grows to actually care about her, yadda yadda he falls in love. Idk, I could see it being played like that. But I am very happy with their adorableness together. I hope there's a lot more in store tonight and tomorrow! (They promised us!)

Also, I can't believe I didn't make the connection before until I read a comment on Dramabeans: Man Wol gave up watching Kim Joon Hyun because he reminded her of Chansung now (going to restaurants KJH ate in with Chansung, Chansung getting his autograph, etc). Awww.

24 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Not yet, I think. It's kinda annoying (a little) that he's not playing along. Hahaha 

Maybe they're too busy making out inside a broom closet to bother with their IGs. (Man Wol and Chansung I mean, not the actors!) Ohoho. 

24 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

In the new stills of the upcoming episodes, is MW whispering, "Chan-sungah, you look really sexy in a suit" or something? :w00t:

"Chansung, you look really sexy in that suit...but you look even better out of it." :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

53 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Maybe they're too busy making out inside a broom closet to bother with their IGs. (Man Wol and Chansung I mean, not the actors!) Ohoho. 

"Chansung, you look really sexy in that suit...but you look even better out of it." :lol:

Lol, you guys are a riot.

i hope tonight’s episode is up to our expectation. No more teasing please...

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

7 hours ago, laura_waterhouse said:

I completely agree. I think it is a directional choice to keep things chaste. And I would be ok if they keep things that way. These characters' main conflict is not romance, but life, death and the frustrating games of gods, even with the humor, the levity of the situation is always around the scenes of MW and CS.  I am also not sure if highly passionate scenes would age well, and this show has a potential to be a classic.

Can we just all pray for another IU-YJG show where they can showcase sizzling erotic scenes. I'm probably alone, but I want to keep hotel del luna sweet, innocent and sincere.

I agree.

I think slow burn is best and no unnecessary bed scenes please.

I love the tension sizzle and progression into the bedroom seems to be not a MW or CS thing to do.

• Like 3

About Moon Flower Tree 

ECGnVTTUcAE3lEv?format=jpg&name=small

Similar to cherry blossom flower

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhKeOjm9TFrAXXkzp4wzLkgazIAb64qvdFGgtZRslIxlXJawBo4w

Cherry Blossoms

-They are symbolic flowers of the spring, a time of renewal, and the fleeting nature of life. Their life is very short. After their beauty peaks around two weeks *** , the blossoms start to fall.

-In China, it signifies love and the female mystique (beauty, strength and sexuality)

-In Japan, it represents the fragility and the beauty of life. It's a reminder that life is almost overwhelmingly beautiful but that it is also tragically short. When the cherry blossom trees bloom for a short time each year in brilliant force, they serve as a visual reminder of how precious and how precarious life is.  (brilliance, fragility and transience of life)

- Symbolized as an omen of good fortune, an emblem of love and affection

- Symbolizes hope and humanity

*** Speaking of two weeks,  next two weeks are the last four episodes of Hotel Del Luna.

The last 2 episodes are on August 31 and September 1,  which  August 2019's 2nd super new moon occurs. 

-  super moon is a phenomenon which the moon is closer to earth than usual. a new moon is the 1st phase of the moon (lunar phase) , thus super new moon is the new moon that is closer to earth.

-  the super new moon will occur on August 30 - September 2. (the last super new moon occurred in August 1-4 2019)

-  this super new moon is the closest new moon to earth of the year 2019.

-  new moon symbolizes new beginnings

About ChanSung's three friends, they all have in common.

Their names are related to Latin words or Latin origins.

Sanchez - is a patronymic surname meaning "son of Sancto," derived from the popular medieval given name Sancho, meaning "sanctified," (holy, anointed, blessed) from the Latin sanctus.    [thoughtco]

MiRa - In the Romance languages, it is related to the Latin words for "wonder" and "wonderful."  [wiki]

Veronica - the Latin transliteration of the Greek name "Berenice"  (Ancient Macedonian form of the Attic Greek name Φερενίκη (Pherenikē), which meant "bearer of victory" from Ancient Greekφέρω (pherō), meaning 'to bear', and νίκη (nikē), meaning 'victory'.   [wiki]

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

There's a festival in my city right now and I'm supposed to go out with my friends and have fun but I remember about the "secret office romance" my anticipation went to so high and I don't wanna be late to the hype. So I decided not to go and stay in the house instead to livestream I really hope they do it right tonight :lol:B)

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

I haven't been back on these forums in a loooong time.  Mostly because there seemed to be like a dry spell of quality Korean dramas for me.  But I was so excited to hear the Hong sisters were on this drama, and they always make some AMAZING stuff. 

I hate horror, but I was instantly sucked into this drama.  I do jump sometimes at some of the images, but they're not so skin-crawling that I can't bear through it.

The cinematography is gorgeous.  I think my favorite episode so far:

Spoiler

Is the one where the deceased bride-to-be forces her fiance to keep living and cuts that red thread.  I was so moved by the way those scenes were shot.  I really liked how impactful it was.

On TOTAL withdrawal though.  I have soooo many unanswered questions, and this is one of those dramas I can't stop watching, but I also wish I hadn't tried it until it was completely done, because I want to know how it ends, haha.  Patience with Korean dramas has never been my strong suit, especially when I find the story super addicting.

Haven't really had a chance to follow all the discussion, and it's going to take me AGES to go through all these pages, but anyone else wondering the same things I am, by any chance?

Spoiler

1. I'm reminded of other dramas where characters are reincarnated in the next life.  Sometimes they look the same, sometimes they don't, but it is interesting to see how each drama does it.  In this case, I am wondering what the planned purpose is for the reincarnations.  My guess is redemption, but I'm curious to see if there might be anything else.

2. On that note, I am wondering if there will be more interactions between JMW and the reincarnated YW, and if YW will be given a chance to remember or at least build a new sibling-esque relationship with JMW as before.  Of course, that's probably just wishful thinking on my part.

3. Again, with all the reincarnations being revealed, the whole thing about JMW waiting for KCM, and the tree, it has me wondering if perhaps KCS is KCM reincarnated, but for some reason he's the only one that looks different? 

4. Alternatively, wondering if perhaps KCM was already vanquished by that one death god that seems to go after malicious lingering spirits, or if the other god of death has already seen him off to the other side.

5. Also wondering—and I've probably missed something—why KCM betrayed JMW the way he did, allowed YW to get hanged, when he knew how important YW was to JMW, and how things got so entangled with the princess. 

6. Additionally, I know I definitely missed something here, but when did YW and the princess become briefly involved?  I can't remember the exact details of that encounter. 

7. Lastly, what's up with the serial killer?  Is he another reincarnated character?  I know I've probably missed that detail somewhere too. 

If someone could provide a quick recap or point to specific episodes I can go back and watch for #6 and #7, I'd be really grateful.  On the edge of my seat for the next two episodes this weekend!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

What happened to Sanchez? Oh did the serial guy get to him?

I only get to saw few scenes . I got late again .

Veronica died,  she didn't get to make it for Sanchez wedding proposal. She visited him as a ghost.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3