Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

Continuation of the making-of translations, featuring sunbae YJG giving advice to and teasing IU. :lol:

• LOL 7
  • Thanks 3

YJG visiting the filming set on his day-off ...even on a hot day ...

When he has no chill, because Mr.Smirk-so-Hot is there doing "action" scenes with his bae.

He came to advise on the weather being too hot....  oh sure ...  :ph34r:

happy0055.gif  ...then goes on about how IU is during their scenes....okey yeah your're  very familiar on how she is like that all the time ...sure...yeah we got it , we got it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

11 minutes ago, berny2 said:

YJG visiting the filming set on his day-off ...even on a hot day ...

When he has no chill, because Mr.Smirk-so-Hot is there doing "action" scenes with his bae.

He came to advise on the weather being too hot....  oh sure ...  :ph34r:

happy0055.gif  ...then goes on about how IU is during their scenes....okey yeah your're  very familiar on how she is like that all the time ...sure...yeah we got it , we got it.

Ikr, he's all "be more considerate of your body"...so why are you on set on a hot day when it's your day off and you can be treating your body better by relaxing and lounging by the pool? :lol: Then he's all, "Bae, how can you not recognize my voice?!" and "Dude, let me tell you about the weird funny stuff my bae says when we're together..." :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

so YJG is MW in real life.

Smirkalot and smirksohot. I love the two warring school of thoughts on the captain. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Just now, Ondine said:

Ikr, he's all "be more considerate of your body"...so why are you on set on a hot day when it's your day off and you can be treating your body better by relaxing and lounging by the pool? :lol: Then he's all, "Bae, how can you not recognize my voice?!" and "Dude, let me tell you about the weird funny stuff my bae says when we're together..." :lol:

Hahahha ...he's being so extra right?  Doing PD's job..then giving advice... and yeah he is taken aback that bae did not recognize his voice !  how dare she...hahha i cannot with this guy :lol:

• LOL 7

3 hours ago, zhangrain said:

Interesting insight about CS and his mother' relationship. I never imagine it was connected with the whole episode. I also think if she wanted to abandon her child, instead of simply burning it, she chose to stay at the library to keep people away from the photo. All the side stories in this drama have potential to develop into a full drama .

Isn't the admin of this site also a Soompier? If yes, a big thank you. I really enjoy your blog :)

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/08/14/hotel-del-luna-ep-10-in-memory-of-the-living-pt-2/

Thank you for the link. I felt teary eyed while reading the review.

I am so glad I watched this show real time. It is packed with so many things, a week in between is not enough to process what the show is saying. Ep 10 alone had the serial killer, the funny granddad, CS's mom and YW. I was sad for CS for a teeny wee bit but then my mind had to go an dwell on something else. The recap is good at making me appreciate those moments more. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Beautiful young Jang Man Wol

Fittings drawings 

.very interesting character..

Wish Hong sisters writing story about young JMW.

Spoiler

IMG-20190815-212529.jpg

A quite gentleman 

IMG-20190815-174940.jpg

I blessed UB)

IMG-20190815-194740.jpg

Ctto

Spoiler

Still mesmerize by Jieunie depth interpretation about MW characters she tend to put higher standard in her own character to made JMW alive and standout!

An exquisite skills developed fast in her, Jieunaa full length Movie please 

• Like 4
  • Love 6

On 8/15/2019 at 6:37 PM, lollyminx said:

Because the missing button means that MW held on to him tightly/strongly(?)/forcefully because she does not want him to go or because she has something to say to console him but then MW let go because she didn't how to do it. 

Hmm... it just seemed as if she didnt pull the tip of jacket forceful enough, to make it fall off... 

But nvm, i will let it slide and enjoy the drama... hehe

Im team ManChan! :D

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 6

@Yana Mujay

Yeah I was also very impressed with the action stunts/fighting scenes she did here... her moves has gotten really amazing. 
Immense improvement... and LDH has no double too right? it's actually him? great synchronicity these two have..some moves were kinda fast and dangerous there...and they did them smoothly. wow.

:hushed:

• Like 8

Omooo.. I've only been away for few days from this thread and it hits page 95 already! Another 5 pages we will reach 100 mark! :w00t:

And what's with that plagiarism accusation? LOL! 

The press already mentioned that Hong Sisters has kept this drama for many years because the technology in CG at that time could not translate on par what they imagine for the hotel, even before the drama airs. 

The director also slightly mentioned about it again during the press conference. How is it the script that has been planned and available for many years plagiarizing a recent work. Even the synopsis not even close! Were they even in the right mind to nitpick about the red garb and veil as plagiarism? The garment has been showed a lot in Sageuk drama though. The scene the bride killed the groom also is nothing new. Cham na.. -_-

My work deals closely with plagiarism issue, I had such a good laugh with those aspects they accused as plagiarism. Clearly they don't understand what plagiarism really mean and they even translate creative inspiration or interpretation as plagiarism as well (just like what happened to Hwayugi). Pffftt! 

Last week, after episode 10 I saw a post somewhere showing that live streaming for the episode in a Chinese live stream site hit the highest number of live streamers ever. I guess some people are just being sour and bitter of the popularity of HDL in China OR maybe they just want to ride the popularity and create issues to gain attention or hits. Either way, this creates more buzz to the drama and people who didn't know or watch it will be curious about the drama and start to watch it (and surely they will eventually hooked..LOL!)

BTW, on the side note, the director said in the press conference that if IU didn't accept to work in HDL due to her schedule conflict, they will abandon the production completely because they only send the script to IU. They will start the production when IU is available. The director and Hong Sisters were dead set to have IU to play JMW after they watch her performance in My Mister, to the point persuading her to give a try to JMW character. I don't know if he was just joking since he talked about it with his cute eye smile, but it looks to me he was serious when he said they only sent the script to IU while IU was considering it as one of the script she got. :lol:

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

36 minutes ago, berny2 said:

@Yana Mujay

Yeah I was also very impressed with the action stunts/fighting scenes she did here... her moves has gotten really amazing. 
Immense improvement... and LDH has no double too right? it's actually him? great synchronicity these two have..some moves were kinda fast and dangerous there...and they did them smoothly. wow.

:hushed:

Jieunie always make us wonder and asked  "does She really same person "(her images is clumsy, fragile and a cute poker face:))

how she developed skill fighter is terrifying her strength and beautiful movement the ways she hold swords, dagger and arrows is precisely pro.

Seems Yoga made Jieunie found her body and inner balances growth.

Indeed Jieunie absorbs the meanings of limitless thou.

Be a WATER!

IMG-20190809-142629.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 4

49 minutes ago, Yana Mujay said:

Jieunie always make us wonder and asked  "does She really same person "(her images is clumsy, fragile and a cute poker face:))

how she developed skill fighter is terrifying her strength and beautiful movement the ways she hold swords, dagger and arrows is precisely pro.

Seems Yoga made Jieunie found her body and inner balances growth.

Indeed Jieunie absorbs the meanings of limitless thou.

Be a WATER!

Yeah... remember that time of SBS reality show "Heroes"... Hahhha IU was so adorable but really clumsy and so funny specially if there's sports or challenges... but look at her now.  Many says yoga is really an amazing thing to learn.  It tones muscles, improves flexibility, and stamina.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

59 minutes ago, Ellander88 said:

I don't know if he was just joking since he talked about it with his cute eye smile, but it looks to me he was serious when he said they only sent the script to IU while IU was considering it as one of the script she got. 

Hmmm that's strange. I thought it was offered to Jun Ji Hyun (who is also a good choice based on how she acts like in MLFTS and LOTBS; her quirkiness fits MW's too) first but she turned it down? Or maybe it was the Hong Sisters who offered it to Jun Ji Hyun but the director's only choice was IU. Either way, good choice and IU is nailing the character well. 

• Like 7

TvN Asia has broadcast the first two episodes last week, and I am now rewatching it using tvN Asia platform... I don't know is it just me or did I not watch the episode properly before this from the online site, I suddenly realize more details from tvN Asia "version". The video seems clearer and kinda in different shade(?) compared to the online site, the subtitle is more precise too, like the Khitan (Goran) and Mohe people from Mago question to MW from where she came from.

And this is the most shocking realization for myself... I am not sure about everyone else in this thread, but all this while I actually believed that MW is still alive when she was punished to be the owner of Guesthouse of the Moon. Rewatching from tvN Asia platform made me realize she's already dead! The scarf she wore to cover her face was bloodied! She found her own way there to the guesthouse and met Mago as she's already dead. A spirit! OMG, my sister is laughing at me for being misunderstood all along. Ah! Mago's words about her time will flow again when the flower bloom clouded my mind to not revisit the details in the first episode! LOL! My sister laugh at me for having misunderstood the concept about MW all wrong from the beginning. She said, if she's a human who has not died and stayed alive for more than 1300 years, why would that 4th Mago being so anticipating of MW becoming ashes.. only spirit of dead people who become evil and harm human will turn into ashes. Then she even tease me, what did you write so diligently in the drama forum all this time while having the wrong conception all along. Haaaaaaaa... :tired:

I'm gonna rewatch more episodes from tvN asia platform from now on. Even if the drama already finish its Korean broadcast, I will rewatch it using the platform..to see if I missed other small but important details.  :grimace:

I'm still in shock. :joy:

*facepalm*

2 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Or maybe it was the Hong Sisters who offered it to Jun Ji Hyun but the director's only choice was IU. Either way, good choice and IU is nailing the character well. 

Yeah maybe, that's why I said I'm not sure whether he is joking or serious. Maybe they decide on both of them, and since Jun Ji Hyun turned it down, they left only with IU. And if IU also turn it down, they maybe put a halt to the production as he stated. But, I doubt it would go to such extreme though, right? Yeah, he may be just joking about putting it on hold. :joy:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4

11 minutes ago, Ellander88 said:

And this is the most shocking realization for myself... I am not sure about everyone else in this thread, but all this while I actually believed that MW is still alive when she was punished to be the owner of Guesthouse of the Moon. Rewatching from tvN Asia platform made me realize she's already dead!

But IU said in her interviews that Man Wol is human, not a ghost. Like in this one:

Spoiler

• Like 11

In the HDL poster shot of the cast, is the hand through CS’s arm a spook’s hand??

• Like 4