[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

14 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

True. Which is why I like him a lot. He also had a chance to run away after discovering what MW did in the past and seeing her being angry, bossy, unforgiving and prideful but he still chose to stay and protect her. I like that he understands where MW is coming from, that she's like that because of her past and that she's actually really a good person.

I actually consider what she did to Mira in the present time as her darkest and worst moment (so far). I mean, she wanted to torture an innocent woman for the rest of her life. (Mira and princess aren't the same person anymore.) That's really effed up. And Chansung stayed with her even after that. If that's not being crazy in love, then what is. :P

14 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Since someone else raised the idea that perhaps MW is a ghost (which I don't believe as yet because so far we all know she is human whose time has stopped), what if MW really is a ghost and she can't move on not until she realizes that she is one. It's unlikely but could be a plot. 

Yeah, that doesn't seem likely, but it would qualify as the writers doing their show dirty. :D

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Turning into dust is for evil spirit punishment; evil spirit is called evil spirit because while being ghost/spirit they harm human in the process of exacting their revenge. Just like what happened to Room 13 guest. She is a ghost who has a lot of grudge to human, especially to those who caused her humiliation when she was alive which lead to her death. The guest was in a very special room to keep her from running away to the human world. As long as she stays there and slowly forget about her grudge and willingly proceed to afterlife, she would be safe from 4th Mago. But, instead she succeeded in running away and harm few human in the process and hence turn into dust or ash. 

This mirrors with how the hotel is a safe haven for MW, keeping her there and cannot be outside in the human world more than a day, and that will keep her from encountering CM and Mira and causing her to go berserk harming them. That's why for over thousand years, she never met them, she was actually kept by the hotel (or Mago) from encountering CM and SH reincarnation. She will be able to tell even if they have different face. 

But, perhaps it has been too long that she hasn't been able let go of her unresolved grudge. After only watching by side to let MW figure out how to let go by herself all those years, I think the first Mago decided to go offensive by choosing a pure and good-hearted CS who sees good in other people, and change MW. CS is the variable thrown by the deities, to be either the medicine or the poison to MW. This means, CS may be able to turn MW's heart from following her grudge to forgiving OR CS may be the reason she harm other human. Mira was the first test. She tried to abandon him because she doesn't want to get weak-hearted if anything causing her to harm other people and again end up hurting CS. But CS cling to her.. which never been done by anyone, not in her past nor all those years. 

Well, I am viewing the drama in a new light now that I realize MW is not a human anymore, since it answered a lot of things for me. :DThat's why they never talk about her growing old but rather jump straight to seeing her off to afterlife. That mean, she resolved her grudge and able to move on to afterlife. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Team Chan Sung all the way too.

I always kinda felt from the start that CM has to turn evil to be useful plotwise, or just be the normal useless second male lead. I dont understand 2nd lead syndrome, those boys are often just fillers to have enough material for 16 episodes :p

CS had been upright since he was young, and was pretty attractive characterwise from the first episode. He was smart, chased by large corporations, very rational and not overacting (vs most male leads). If there is a CS in my real life, I would definitely crush on him from the start. Then, he developed into this kind and dependable character, so really fell in love with him.

I think they kept things vague for MW. My own guess is she was alive when eating at MaGo's eatery, she could not see the ghost inn then. Then, she put a sword on her neck, and then she saw ghosts. So she might have crossed somewhere in between those moments. She did say that she only has her life to give. So maybe, MaGo gave her the ability to see the ghost inn in exchange of her life (her blood flowed in the sword). Or maybe she was transformed into a deity, a minor one who can still "die" or still be under the rules for the human soul while getting superpowers, so she is in between, not 100% human so she need not be alive or dead, but still having a soul that the MaGos are waiting to claim

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

Its a little strange that MW doesnt fell like the captain is around her.

At the present , only he is not in human form.

He is lonely and lost. I dont like it.

He carries his guilt for a thousand years, but also

the princess' part of the guilt.

But, I like that he and CS are still connected. :)

• Like 1
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, berny2 said:

Yeah indeed, not many female leads are this shippable .. hahha meaning someone who can create natural and flowing connection & chemistry with her partner.  

Me, i would have regarded both CS and CM equally, but CM has become a baddie ...and well there can only be one male lead...hahha

Hope we do not condemn some character to fast here, since from the beginning seemingly the writers give it a hint here and there, CS is CM half soul.  

Even this idea is not working for me since beginning but we couldn't denied they {CS&CM] always mirrored one act or simply talk in same manner in past to present.

The indicated they are  the same person in different chasing is more convenient in the last press releases.

That's way till now we didn't get the closure of the bride room scenes.

So let's waiting the crucial scenes be presented before we are drawn deeply into unreasonable hate or spreading hates to another character at least give it respect to writers to tell their stories to the end.

I think after the hints about dog soul wanna went to after living with the owner I get hunch actually that the real reason why fireflies always been there with MW and the tree.

The choices to directly went to unknown realms is dependent on the person itself unless they made bad deeds so their souls been vanished or wondering as evils spirit.

And the recent twist could it be the unwanted baby CS story. This is a red treat to intertwined why CS has CM memories in my opinion CS maybe born in dangers situations(stillborn] but somehow the firefly and MG helped him to back alive and under that reason MG blessed baby CS new livewire put in firefly soul dormant to assist CS growing well.

It's just my assumption/prediction it will be or not be ,we have no power to interrupted what is been decided by the writers unless we want to writing our own story in our preferred.

Be nice soompier

Have a beautiful Freeday

• Like 3

I am not saying that he is or isn't, but there is no indication yet that CM felt guilty about what happened to MW. Who knows, maybe he was happy for the rest of that lifetime. He now has a top position and he got rid of the princess he was not attracted to. He might have conquered more lands and maybe became a good ruler to his people because he was smart and talented. He might have done something bad to MW, but we dont know the rest of his legacy. Maybe, when he was older and wiser, he could have felt remorse for the lives he has taken, but those were necessary for leaders and conquerors at the time he was alive in. It maybe tragic  but it could be that MW's world revolved around hating him for a thousand years, but that he hardly thought of her during that lifetime, and in this lifetime, he will just be a passing person, a guy with a beautiful wife, kid and good karma, that we see in the epilogue, and he does not play any part in MW's redemption at all. 

5 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Awwww I think she wants to show the rainbow to CS? Is that what the caption says? 

google agrees with your translations. haha. But I am thinking IU wants to show it to YJG <3

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

52 minutes ago, berny2 said:

@Yana Mujay

That is my own opinion and observation on how his character turned out, but of course each one of us here has a different take on it, and just to be clear i am not forcing anyone to agree with me.

Nope... it's not personal to me too.

But somehow some of us gathered just to slandering certain characters who even his scenes when you compiled not worthy of an hour of our time to watch it. 

These sounds bitterness but we tend to blame one mistake and closed eyes to a lot of good deeds who presented well in front of our eyes.

(Hmmm, ironically what happened to CM character is reflected IU real life story...With all her good deeds she still get unreasonable backlash]

Yes its just matters of opinion and about perspective.

Just to remind us to bring back to the basics story.

He is Man Wol Savior

Maybe CM character is just fillers for some of Us but how half page of this thread drawn to discuss his character  is pretty interesting thou.

lt indicated that JMW young story would be a real brilliant idea to writings down and to stand alone.

A descendant noble family become a leader of a gang of thieves.

Hmmm so intrigue.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lollyminx said:

Awwww I think she wants to show the rainbow to CS? Is that what the caption says? 

I hope CS replies

A translation from circulate9oo on Twitter:

How can it be a secret romance when she's posting stuff like that on Instagram? Is she going to post a lovey-dovey photo of the two of them to make them "Instagram official"? :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, lu09 said:

@Ondine That would be hilarious lol. I won't put pass MW to do that lol:sweat_smile::joy::mrgreen:. Remember, she has no patience ROFL:mrgreen:. She probably got tired on the first day lol. 

She'd be like, F it why am I sneaking around in my own hotel?! And hey, an Instagram-official photo might help get her more followers too, hahaha. I remember one of the official TVN accounts (TVN Joy) replied to one of her 500k followers celebration posts, saying something like they have to learn from her because they only have 300+k followers. :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Moderators note 

Guys , gentle reminder- let’s stick to the topic . Refrain from bringing in other dramas etc be it from k or c dramas . 

All unnecessary post & the responses have been removed . You may send me a message in private if you wish to discuss this further. 

Also some Housekeeping reminders:

1. Please do not quote images . This includes IG , Twitter , Pictures , gifs . Copy them outside the quote if you wish to retain them for reference. 

2. 4th image onwards need to go into spoiler. This also includes Twitter , IG , Pictures , Gifs etc . This is to help members with slow connections who have difficulty loading the page. 

Edited by Guest

I was thinking along those same lines as you @laura_waterhouse

A few days ago I had gone back and re-watched certain scenes from past episodes to get a better understanding of MW's past and the circumstances of how Hotel Del Luna existed.  I wonder how exactly the tree was tied to the hotel and all of that.

I assumed MW was on the verge of death when she found MaGo 1 at that remote area.  She had been travelling for a very long time and on the run from the palace guards.  I found it weird when MW was asking for the whereabouts of the Moon Inn that MaGo replied only ghosts could see it.  If she was already a ghost I would think the Inn would be visible for her.  Also, MW didn't see her band of brothers behind her only MaGo did.   

Even though MaGo berets MW at her own foolishness I guess the fact that MW was willing to "give her life" as punishment for the sins she committed MaGo decided to be somewhat merciful and bind her soul to the tree and make her the new owner of the Moon Inn.  MaGo probably thought "this one" has a lot of grudges maybe serving her time as she has requested will allow her to eventually let go and move on.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen.  MW just continued to stew in her own misfortunes and heartache.  She couldn't look past and let things go.

Before MaGo leaves MW to take the coffin filled with trinkets she does say something along the lines of welcome the new owner of the Moon Inn.  Which really got me thinking was there an owner before this?  Or did MaGo run this establishment until MW requested to be punished and she decided she could hand this over to MW so she could then do more retirement freelance work.  Hence she now wanders around giving flowers and send people off to the afterlife with the Grim Reaper?

I think because MW hadn't yet died but her soul was encapsulated in the tree that her "time" stopped.  She is neither fully human nor fully a ghost but in between, hence she tell CS that she is "simply existing"   Obviously since it's been 1000 years she's technically dead so I think the only thing she can do is move on in the afterlife.  Now, that I'm thinking about it, "simply existing" could also be a play on her emotional state.  She is not emotionally tied to anything and has very little care for anyone.  She just goes through the motions day in and day out...doing the minimum of what is required from her and making no effort to reconcile with her past and move one..."simply existing"   :(

In regards to her powers I was thinking she was allowed some powers to be able to protect her guests or ward off things looking for trouble.  Because of these powers she is able to appear in real life unlike the others.  Hyun Joong (the Bellhop) told Yuna that he cannot make himself appear for long periods of time because it takes a lot out of him.  But maybe it's a practice thing?  Unless Yuna is really eating Subway or Pizza "by herself" and "talking to herself" :lol:  I would think people would notice a Subway sandwich floating in mid air with bite marks on it and freak out :crazy:

Ah, more theories and such swimming in my head :sweatingbullets:  I really wish we could get some more background on how this world works.

Okay finale theory thoughts.  This firefly.  I know it looked like a guy's shadow based on the height but it's still a shadow so it's hard to really define if it was male or female.  Just crazy idea out there.  What if the firefly is part of the tree...the environment around the tree.  What if it was a part of MW's soul that came as a firefly and visited CS to sort of help lead him back? ;):sweatingbullets:

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

I have been listening to  Hotel Del Luna OSTs these days. So far my favourites are sung by Taeyeon, Gummy and Paul Kim. 

I remembered someone said they are waiting for the song that is played when the room 13 ghost was vanished by Mago 4th and when CS fears of MW turned to dust. I search the song at YouTube and found this user who make a video cut of the song... 

I'm not an expert, but here is my try of translating the verse :

I'll erase it

The lingering memories of you

And I hope

There is no memory of you that will remain

I can't approach you anymore

I'm so afraid

Take all my memories

Please erase everything

(It's) done for me

I have to leave you

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

It is not unusual that people in a forum has their own take and preference on characters of a story...aside from the plot ....the character development is one of the most scrutinized aspects of any drama... OF COURSE people will take sides... every story has a protagonist and antagonist after all right?

Me stating that Chung Myung has been depicted as a bad guy is not me spreading some fake news...anyone who've been watching this drama would surmise just the same.  Him duping MW to meet him by the lake... but he was actually on the other side doing ambush on Yeon Woo...IS NO ANGEL for me no matter what impressive track record he has prior that.

I am not going to give a welcome to someone like that with applause and bands playing on the side.  If he was doing some undercover work, or whatever mission, he could have done that without Yeon Woo and his men losing their lives.  Chung Myung was very much aware that Yeon Woo is family to MW...and losing YW will be devastating to MW. oh so nothing personal right? even with Chung Myung...it's all part of the job.

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, berny2 said:

It is not unusual that people in a forum has their own take and preference on characters of a story...aside from the plot ....the character development is one of the most scrutinized aspects of any drama... OF COURSE people will take sides... every story has a protagonist and antagonist after all right?

Me stating that Chung Myung has been depicted as a bad guy is not me spreading some fake news...anyone who've been watching this drama would surmise just the same.  Him duping MW to meet him by the lake... but he was actually on the other side doing ambush on Yeon Woo...IS NO ANGEL for me no matter what impressive track record he has prior that.

I am not going to give a welcome to someone like that with applause and bands playing on the side.  If he was doing some undercover work, or whatever mission, he could have done that without Yeon Woo and his men losing their lives.  Chung Myung was very much aware that Yeon Woo is family to MW...and losing YW will be devastating to MW. oh so nothing personal right? even with Chung Myung...it's all part of the job.

Of course we should doubted CM real intention what he did to took MW people out of duty is acceptable hence what hurts us is why he did such low tricks to captured them and mostly we felt so hurts because he betrayed MW.

When we thinking more deeper why and why we have our own beliefs some of us just think as 

He is greedy and jealous man...

Because till episodes 10 we have no concrete idea what really happened at bride room.

It's just Writers plots to hang on that's scenes as it.

Or later we could see from CM perspective behind his decision.

What i couldn't understand, seems some of us really get full force to judge the bad is bad with or without reason. and pestering the characters to promote more hatred

Oh right these just my opinion.

Honestly i like too because CM character this thread runs faster though.

Think back not too much friends interest to post here, so felt happy has met you all and get a good discussion like now.

So just does what you think is good i have no objection thou.

We posted what we wanna post, feel free to post often 

It's good for this thread.

• Like 6

Here's CS. I kinda want him to post photos with MW. I have been waiting for that but there's still none. :tears:

4 hours ago, Ondine said:

How can it be a secret romance when she's posting stuff like that on Instagram? Is she going to post a lovey-dovey photo of the two of them to make them "Instagram official"? :lol:

Hahahaha true! Saying she wants to show the rainbow to CS is actually a confession. :D

As for everyone's theories, actually at this point, anything is possible. There are so many scenes that haven't been revealed yet, particularly what happened after MW charged at CM with her sword. Between that and MW reaching the Moon Inn, there could be so many things that happened that we don't know. So I'm open to a lot, and anything is a possibility. MW could have died and is a ghost, MW could be human, MW could be in between and may turn into a vengeful spirit. CM could be a total baddie, or CM's actions could have been explained later when MW charged at him, etc. There's still so many to reveal so we can freely explore them until all the secrets are revealed. I JUST HOPE THE REMAINING STORIES MAKE SENSE AND WOULD BE ACCEPTABLE TO EVERYONE. I'M SCARED THE HONG SISTERS WILL RUIN THE ENDING. I HOPE THEY WON'T. :tears:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1