[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

hi...

just finished watching all eps yesterday. i kinda bored with kdramas lately, hope i can finish this drama... 

I watched random BTS on youtube, and their chemistry is reaaallllyyyy good.... 

PMY never fails me, i like all her dramas but to be honest, i find the first two episodes are boring  :crazy: hehehe but i keep going for KJH. :wub: 

i appreciate writer-nim didn't drag the love-hate relationship out, everything was resolved on ep 2... :rolleyes:

IMO EG is already dead, how can he accept money from DM? Why writer-nim? Why you make him look pathetic? 

Hope this drama will showering us with cute-lovely-passionate-funny and mesmerizing moments that will make us scream and smile giddily :lol:

no second lead dilemma, please.... 

• Like 2

Hi! May I know if anyone can tell which drama the BGM from this scene on episode 4 came from? The scene where Deok Mi is looking at the framed picture of Si An she took as Si Na Gil.

https://imgur.com/uBZzsMP

I know I've heard the exact same BGM somewhere but I only found the BGM from Just Between Lovers titled Bus Stop (버스 정류장) sadly they are not the same BGM.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, larus said:

tvN’s “Her Private Life” has shared a new making video!

The romantic comedy tells the story of Sung Duk Mi (played by Park Min Young), a professional curator at an art gallery, and her prickly boss Ryan Gold (played by Kim Jae Wook).

The video first follows Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook on their date to the amusement park. They immerse into their characters and film the scene where they take pictures with a lion statue. Park Min Young commands Kim Jae Wook to smile instead of frown, and Kim Jae Wook smiles awkwardly as he poses with a “V” sign. Then he takes photos for her and dryly comments, “You look pretty. Yes, you’re pretty.”

Then, the two lead actors share cotton candy together and can’t stop fooling around with the sweet pink treat. Park Min Young scolds Kim Jae Wook for eating the cotton candy directly with his mouth, and he suggests they split it in half. Despite their quarreling, they enjoy the cotton candy even during their break.

When they go on the merry-go-round, Park Min Young starts making up lines that weren’t in the script. She takes pictures of Kim Jae Wook and asks, “Can’t you ride [the horse] more coolly? Haven’t you watched historical dramas before? Do you not watch them in America?” Once cameras stop rolling, Kim Jae Wook praises her for her clever comments.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1318933wpp/watch-park-min-young-and-kim-jae-wook-make-hearts-flutters-in-her-private-life-making-video

@larusThank you for sharing, I must say even the BTS are hot and show sizzle chemistry. I love how KJW takes care of PMY putting the coat on her. Even though I said the priming of DM by RG at the wall before the kiss scenes were hotter than the kiss itself, the holding of DM's waste and pulling her for a whole body contact, putting his hand on the wall to protect her head, nuzzling of her forehead with his nose, after watching the private life making video and their chemistry on and off cameras, now I can't wait to see both the priming and the kiss scene. Guess have to have my fan ready

ohhhh la la la :blush:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, tan10can said:

I have a feeling that Cindy is Eum So Hye the evil director of the museum's daughter.

It may even be. The headmistress was freaking out that her daughter was a fan ...

So it turns out later that Cindy became so because mother spent little time with her.

• Like 1

I took some time to rewatch the beginning of episode 1 because I noticed a parallel to the flashback in episode 4 (pics under spoiler):

Spoiler

Here we see Deok Mi drawing with chalk on the ground in episode 1, but if you rewatch, there's 2 other boys with her -- one wearing green and another wearing white:

YQsJJkA.jpg

2ZFj5cg.jpg

And after showing Ryan's flashback, we can assume that the boy in green is Ryan:

ZosrBNg.jpg

I'm not entirely sure though because the boy's image behind Deok Mi looks different from the boy above, and for all we know he could actually be the boy in white. But what I've gathered is that he was definitely there with Deok Mi because he has memories of drawing and chalk:

fWY7OB4.jpg

(Shot from the other boy in white:)

98L6qAX.jpg

I also thought it was interesting how the camera kept panning to the little girl with the bubble gun. Sure, you could say that he was just reminiscing his memories in general after seeing the children, but at 50:50 of episode 4, the camera slows down and focuses on the little girl, which to me shows that his subconscious remembers a girl in his memories as well:

NzdAOpx.jpg

Ahhhh maybe I'm looking at this too deeply, but I have a feeling that Deok Mi and Ryan knew each other in the past. I wouldn't be surprised for a reveal later on, whether it be that Deok Mi had a friend she knew but lost touch with in, or they were childhood friends, or they just knew of each other since they happened to be there at the same time. It's rare to have someone that you've known for only a short time but have an instant connection with where you can be open and vulnerable. We're really hitting all the cliches now aren't we :D (not that I'm complaining)!

I'm having a lot of fun with this drama and you guys are making the experience even better. I was in a drama slump lately but HPL has turned things around :wub:

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

Wow! I finally got time to watch episode 3! I love it, the drama has a lot of substance, the story is unfolding the story of each character and that brings clarity. I now understand the story of the oppa friend, and his relationship with DM. I also like that the drama is telling the story of fangirling and idols and giving us understanding on the ideas of all those coincidences that could be wrong and damaging! The experience of DM work life and the owner, the misuse of power of the rich! I really love the scene where DM was musing in the museum instead of going home and RG saw her. They both sat together and reflect on art, and paintings. ‘I am great’ because I am alive! I get that statement! I have a wedding this weekend which I am about to go to now, I will hopefully watch episode 4 tonight or tomorrow. Thanks @turtlegirland others who have been giving us the recap and their own takes on the drama so far. I enjoyed reading all your inputs since Wednesday, my RL has been demanding lately. PMY and KJW have been great, their acting is on point! 

• Like 6

I love how he just wants to help her no strings attached he does not get anything out of it.

Its nice to see leads not at each other throat early. 

Its been one sided so far but I am sure thats going to change soon when she starts helping him.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

On 4/20/2019 at 10:10 AM, haelan said:
Spoiler

Ahhhh maybe I'm looking at this too deeply, but I have a feeling that Deok Mi and Ryan knew each other in the past. I wouldn't be surprised for a reveal later on, whether it be that Deok Mi had a friend she knew but lost touch with in, or they were childhood friends, or they just knew of each other since they happened to be there at the same time. It's rare to have someone that you've known for only a short time but have an instant connection with where you can be open and vulnerable. We're really hitting all the cliches now aren't we :D (not that I'm complaining)!

@haelan I actually think you are on to something.... maybe they were just there at the same time or knew of each other or even played with each other. We also know that EG from babyhood was taken cared of by DM's mom. It could also be that one of the boys is EG. It seems that the women from 30 something years ago had few choices and were not given much help or consideration regarding their choices as much as the men. DM's mom married to a mama's boy who did nothing but collect rocks yet DM's mom had no choice but stay with the man. Divorce was not very acceptable then I surmise. EG's mom is a single mother and single motherhood from what I have read in drama commentaries, was seen unfavorably and worse from 30 years ago. EG's mom and Dm's mom were lucky to find each other and  become friends and each other's support. We don't know the history of Ryan's mom yet, what happened to her husband or other source of support like extended family. She also may not have had a choice but put her son for adoption and if she had 2 sons she may have chosen to give up the older child thinking that the older son would adapt better to his new parents. In Ryan's case he did not end too bad although the mother's leaving him at a door of some building was traumatic for the child and that mindset stayed with Ryan. That is why for people who don't know Ryan personally, he is seen as unapproachable. But when Ryan meets his mother and learns about the circumstances his mom was in, from 30 something years ago, he might come to understand and forgive his mother and might even be thankful that his life turned out well, in fact because of his adoption he became whom he is at the moment. Ryan's character is presented so far as openminded and generous. 

I also think that his first project as soon as he landed his first job in Korea, to fervently launch a campaign to showcase works of skilled artists and get the interests of the public by showing collections of celebrities and use the profits to promote artists from all social classes and cultures, had a connection to his beginnings and to his mother. I bet his mother was a poor artist trying to survive selling her art or it could have been his dad. He wanted to support and give talented artists from all social backgrounds without descrimination, the chance to present their art. Maybe  in the US, he worked his butt off to help support himself through art school. And the reason why Si An was selected to display his collection is because Si An owns a painting of Lee Sol. However, it seems Ryan did not think the Lee Sol paintaing was really that good. That convo with DM after the bidding when DM tried to ask for the Lee Sol painting, Ryan said "have you known hands that are shaking a lot due to alcoholism, I bought a painting with a lousy brushwork for that price, you only cared for the reputation". With that statement I am wondering how familiar is Ryan with Lee Sol, does he know the artist? Is Lee Sol the dad or the mom? 

Now, am thinking too deeply into this lol

• Like 9

It's been a while since I last watched a kdrama, and as always, I come to soompi to see if other people are enjoying it too. Just dropped in to say that I binge-watched all 4 eps today and I can't wait for the next ones x)

• Like 8

Ep 4

After the last scene of ep3, I thought things will get a bit dark with some revenge plot. It turned out to be just a simple misunderstanding. I can feel Ryan’s  embarrassment getting riled up for nothing :lol:. Good thing he still proposed to do the the fake relationship. It sounds logical and not forced. Even the use of the diary and DM as a fansite manager was integrated smoothly on this plot. 

I can’t help but laugh at Ryan’s confused look when SJ was volunteered to be the fake paparazzi. He can’t wrap around his head the idea that the ‘real lover’ would be willing to see her partner be close to another. :D My heart fluttered at the wall scene. I can feel the tension bet the two :wub: . I feel similar to SJ who’s squealing at the couple. Too bad it had to end with Ryan thinking DM is a gold digger...:lol:. Really, the comedic situation in this drama is so enjoyable and satisfying. I can’t help but repeat those scenes most of the time.

The walk under the cherry blossoms was lovely. I like the music background too. Suits perfectly with the sweet scene. The part where DM is viewing their date pics is cute. Glad they’ve shown her being affected coz truly anyone in her situation would have to feel something after spending time with a hot guy! 

SJ’s son is so cute! I want to squish him. I hope he’ll get more screen time in the future ep.

With Cindy being in the picture now, it’ll force our fake couple to extend their fake relationship which I’m so all in for. Can’t wait for next ep!

• Like 6
  • Love 1