[Drama 2019-2020] Chocolate, ♥ 초콜릿♥

icyphoenix

Sweet like Chocolate :D   

65 members have voted

1. 1. When will the OTP's first kiss be?

• episodes 13 -14
    • episodes 15 - 16
  2. 2. What will the ending be for the OTP?

• They will have a fairytale happy ending - reunited in Greece after a brief separation.
    • They will have a simple wedding at the hospice.
    • Both will have their illnesses resurface , and they end up in heaven together .
    • Lee Kang dies , and Lee Jun will take care of Cha Young.
    • Cha Young dies , and Lee Kang remains single thereafter.
    • Both remain single.
    • Others ( you can tell us what you think in the thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2020 at 02:50 PM

12 hours ago, xprosperity said:

I cried when he died. I'm glad that CY cooked the dumpling stew for him; though I'm not sure why she didn't want to see him. I'm sure he would have wanted to see CY one last time before he passed.

as if isn’t enough we cry all day yesterday , he have  to leave her a beautiful letter that make me cry more :tears:

to encouraging her to take a chance & that life is so short to this happen in that moment :tears:

output_2HeUiW.gif

** couldn’t he leave like lawyer what she need most 

5dec699351d9d078870453.jpg?download

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

@xprosperity me neither. i don't see Jun as a bad person, so bad that he uses his capability to "kill" Kang. i think the reason Jun didn't take the hematoma is purely medical. 

i don't think Kang wants revenge either. i can see the writer trying to make Kang a very, very noble character who always sacrifices but is hurting. if anything, the reason Kang stayed in that house is because he has a good heart. in fact, i feel that the drama is never about him. you can count the number of times Chayoung has been bedridden in a hospital bed: appendicitis, fainting, car crash. the scene where Kang was lying and dying in Libya only appeared for a split second, so did the scene where Jun operated on him last time. Kang who went to Greece to look for Chayoung for the sake of his best friend, Jun who comforted Chayoung during her first trauma under the hospital bed, Kang who ran running carrying Chayoung after the crash and performed surgery even though he himself was seriously injured. i honestly had anticipated this because i was a big fan of the writer. worst, because i hate weak female characters especially those who faint around.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Dundee said:

It seems they add many exaggerated dramatic scenes (e.g truck of doom, the residual hematom in LK’s brain) to push the otp to be together in one place (the hospice). But overall i like the characters, and i like the plot of the bestfriend and how he tried to help the otp in his own way. I hope they tone down the dramatic plot a little bit in the next eps

Yeah me too.  It’s all getting too dramatic for me.  The shopping mall collapse, the “evil” family Kang has to live with, MS’s death so soon after his introduction, the truck of doom (Note to self : never drive a car in Korea...none of them seem to be fitted with airbags :huh:), the residual hematoma leading to a drastic career change, running away to Greece... I need some sort of normality to resume in the drama for me to sit back and enjoy it.  Thus far I have been lurching from one crisis to another.  There’s only so much I can take...plus...it’s Christmas (like MS reminded us)?  :lol:.  

• Like 4

Ailee’s Song @blademan  @mellinadear  I love this song I want Lee Kang to leave this family. They have no appreciation for family. In fact they don’t know the meaning of loyalty and love. They are a group of selfish people. Due to their greed , they are the one who bought Lee Kang in their lives. Same goes for Lee Jun. if he hadn’t fought with him, Kang’s mother would never have admitted her son’s relationship to that evil grandmother. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, mellinadear said:

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know the Title & Name of the Artist for the OST (The one with a Female voice) today?

The OST was used as the BGM for the fishing scene & The preview for next week.

I will appreciate it if I can get help with this.:)

Found this! 

Edited by blademan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

It looks out of order placement of scenes in the teasers, I think by the end of next episode they will start bonding slowly

I assume they'll get separated again because CY said she already booked ticket and will fly back to Greece in a month. That's why LK told her to stay out of trouble in a month befor going back to Greece (per preview). But ofcourse in a month he'll fall in love with her and try to get her back (back to eps. 1).

LK narrates in that scene (eps 1) that their story begins from that moment.

And..that's the scenario I have in my mind :wub:

• Like 3

@Dundee

IKR LoL?!

It was as if the writer had a checklist of all the tropes they could think of & fit it all into one ep.:unamused: It was overkill if ya ask me.:tounge_wink: Like Kang managed to drive all the way to the hospital after he got into a hit & run. As if that wasn't enough he was still able to carry Cha Young into the OR! WoW if only the doctors in my country were just as dedicated no LoL?!:lol::w00t: Oh let's not forget, Kang was rained on for quite a length of time AND still manages to look hot while doin' all that ahahahah. 

My only solace is that Jun doesn't appear to be interested in Cha Young:P:D 'cause I really don't want another love triangle right now. That said, I'm still on the fence on Jun.<_<  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

9 hours ago, nrllee said:
16 hours ago, Dundee said:

It seems they add many exaggerated dramatic scenes (e.g truck of doom, the residual hematom in LK’s brain) to push the otp to be together in one place (the hospice). But overall i like the characters, and i like the plot of the bestfriend and how he tried to help the otp in his own way. I hope they tone down the dramatic plot a little bit in the next eps

Yeah me too.  It’s all getting too dramatic for me.  The shopping mall collapse, the “evil” family Kang has to live with, MS’s death so soon after his introduction, the truck of doom (Note to self : never drive a car in Korea...none of them seem to be fitted with airbags :huh:), the residual hematoma leading to a drastic career change, running away to Greece... I need some sort of normality to resume in the drama for me to sit back and enjoy it.  Thus far I have been lurching from one crisis to another.  There’s only so much I can take...plus...it’s Christmas (like MS reminded us)?  :lol:.  

Glad to see that I'm not the only one feeling this way.  I was reluctant to post, as there are many here who seem to be loving the characters and the general story line.  In fact, I too like the story line, but this urge they have to over-dramatize everything is bringing me close to dropping the drama. I mean, some of what they try are okay, and I have bought such things in kDramas often, but they do it in such shabby and thoughtless ways that it drives me mad. 

I still haven't bought the "first love" story, for instance...  It was a beautiful thing to start with the two kids at a beautiful seaside restaurant spot, but when they show that they met just once and that she didn't even know that the boy was a budding chef, how can we buy the story line?  The boy was making chocolate dishes, but did we see that the girl knew it?...  Things are shown to us so haphazardly that I am not even sure what all I saw.  Such a beautiful pure love story it could've been, but the drama basically ruined it.

The guy showing up in Greece and just raising his hands to say "I will do it" to be a judge for such a prestigious food competition?  Okay, if they want to dramatize, fine, do it.  It is fun for us too.  But do it in a believable way, when we drama watchers are trained to buy any extreme coincidence anyway (though not impossibilities!).  What would it have taken to get the MC to say that one judge would be a foreign tourist from the audience "for a foreign flavor", and then that our man was picked by lot out of 5 guys who raised hands? 5 seconds of screen time?...

The injured surgeon doing surgery was by itself okay for me to accept, but again, why not at least show a nurse placing a bandage on him and saying he needs to do it quickly, and then showing the local doctor throwing him in a hospital bed?  Okay, dramatize it more, showing him running out of there to go and fall down next to Jun.  While trying to process how nobody interferes with what he was doing at the local hospital while bleeding, I could not even figure out which hospital he was at, when he fell down in front of Jun.  I guess he drove from the local hospital to the big one in Seoul?  I don't even know. It is all too much, and I can't keep rewinding to check when we are bombarded constantly with stupid-looking stuff, ostensibly for dramatic effect.

The truck of doom comes out of nowhere when I thought they were parked on the side of road for Kang to sleep, but the accident was shown like they were driving on the road.  Why not show them driving out from the parking spot? (I don't think they showed it; or I missed it in the middle of the constant confusion with switched scenes and "dramatic" editing, which is all too much to take). Then they show the truck driver looking iffy, and all it did was to distract us into thinking if this was a deliberate hit-and-run.  It probably wasn't, but the way it was showed, I only got distracted from the flow of the dramatic accident scene.  Irritating lack of attention to details when they dramatize things.

Again, I am willing to buy coincidences, and all of us Kdrama viewers are well-attuned to that, but don't make us buy things that just don't seem possible!

This drama is just a hot mess train-wreck already.  There is a very promising story line here, and I want to enjoy this drama.  I like the leads too.  I hope the writer and PD will just calm down on their urge to over-dramatize (often in childish ways with every damn cliche in Kdrama).  Allow us to enjoy this drama, please. I hope things will improve.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jayakris said:

Again, I am willing to buy coincidences, and all of us Kdrama viewers are well-attuned to that, but don't make us buy things that just don't seem possible!

This drama is just a hot mess train-wreck already.  There is a very promising story line here, and I want to enjoy this drama.  I like the leads too.  I hope the writer and PD will just calm down on their urge to over-dramatize (often in childish ways with every damn cliche in Kdrama).  Allow us to enjoy this drama, please. I hope things will improve.

Yeah.  For me the triad of logos, pathos and ethos needs to be there for me to keep invested.  Currently the writer is hitting the audience with pathos overload... so much so that the logos suffers...and ethos doesn’t even get a mention much.  But I am willing to overlook the lack of ethos IF the drama steadies itself in the logos department.  I get that Kang is our tragic male lead alright?  I don’t need anymore convincing?  Just give him a break already?  :lol:  I mean the man is obviously on a mission?  He was supposed to join his mother in the afterlife when he flatlined in Libya?  BUT he chose to come back to complete that mission so I want him to start making some headway.  

The truck of doom comes out of nowhere when I thought they were parked on the side of road for Kang to sleep, but the accident was shown like they were driving on the road.  Why not show them driving out from the parking spot?

When the previews showed an accident scene I was totally expecting it to happen as he was driving her out of the fishing spot and he was falling asleep at the wheel...that would’ve been the logical place for the accident to happen...and then he pulls over to catch a nap?  And then the truck hits them?  That didn’t make sense.  :huh:.  What’s worse...it’s a hit and run?  So I guess the truck driver never got caught?  And poor Kang had to drive to the hospital?  Didn’t think to call for an ambulance?  He was responsible enough to pull over when he realized he was an accident waiting to happen when he kept dozing off at the wheel...but he thought driving in a car after a big accident (and he was probably concussed) was a good idea?  Huh?  :mellow:

• Like 2

In vino veritas says an old Latin proverb (In wine there is truth) , this is the moment when MS finds about CY's Peter Pan, hers first love ! What a cruel and sad moment for poor MS, to find out that your best best friend is your rival in love even if Kang don't even remembers CY. A little mistake ...a forgotten wallet on a table and the life is changing way to go !   

Animated GIF

But even if I liked him , he was a selfish man otherwise why MS don't tell any word to Kang ...four long years ..."a petty-minted" he says in his letter...   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, andra3 said:

But even if I liked him , he was a selfish man otherwise why MS don't tell any word to Kang ...four long years ..."a petty-minted" he says in his letter..

@andra3 He was selfish. I wondered if Kang had made it to fish with him for the last time  would he have told him the truth. Why didn’t he write him a letter too ?? I guess it must’ve for dramatic effect but still it should have been done. He should have at least wrote him a letter. 

@jayakris Hi chingu 

• Like 5

Hopefully with all the accidents and injuries happened to LK and CY,  the writer will keep them both alive until the end of episodes :D, they can be together happily ever after. I mean no terminal illness, severe trauma lead to death and etc to our OTP :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 12/8/2019 at 11:55 AM, UnniSarah said:

Ailee’s Song @blademan  @mellinadear  I love this song I want Lee Kang to leave this family. They have no appreciation for family. In fact they don’t know the meaning of loyalty and love. They are a group of selfish people. Due to their greed , they are the one who bought Lee Kang in their lives. Same goes for Lee Jun. if he hadn’t fought with him, Kang’s mother would never have admitted her son’s relationship to that evil grandmother. 

OMG, Thank you so much.

On 12/8/2019 at 11:57 AM, blademan said:

Found this! 

• Like 3

fullsizephoto1113870.jpgAAAABbBr66P4rEwPWyLH70UvMA4FH9nxGvomnb6WaW4Om_X4k8t0wV80CgiR9YjIMyMIujgohrplu5CeF-1E6fIjTnMyyinZ-YRCuDR93gky63IbXFyq.jpg?r=87dchocolate-korean-drama-2019-e1575051362370.jpg?w=1084

A piece of chocolate...  A free meal...  A bowl of dumplings...  Banana rice cakes etc...

All seem like simple acts of kindness unless you know the stories and the meaning behind them.

This drama might be one of the best, if not the best of 2019. 

What better time than right before Christmas when God gave humanity the greatest gift ever given, Jesus. 

The season of giving and receiving love.

It's not just the story or it's actors.  Not just the music that plays to all our emotions as well as the words.  It's not just about what love means but even more about how loving someone no matter when or what age not only changes your heart it changes your life.

Not only the romantic kind of love but the love of friendship that is so priceless one would be willing to travel the world not just think it, or talk about it.  But actually do it, for their last hope or wish. The love of friendship that turns into family that isn't about blood but about sacrifices willingly made and trust in always being there for each other.  Through sickness and health, poverty and wealth.

That there really are no small acts of kindness, for each one given is much larger than one can imagine to the person or persons whom receive it.

There are very few dramas where I don't care about the ending.  That is unless it's a drama like this that has already given so much in just it's beginning...

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 2

21 hours ago, jayakris said:

That stapling of ribs and stomach  ...sorry no cookie , its a bit supermanish 

• LOL 3