[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

On 12/22/2018 at 4:24 PM, Lmangla said:

alright chingus -- "the kill count!" bet sword-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455363

option 1: this isn't OCN with bad depressing lighting! surprised-red-crab-emoticon.gif?12924553so maybe few : maybe another 1-5?

option 2: this is a modern saeguk! what's a saeguk without some tragedy? thinking-red-crab-emoticon.gif?129245536so a few more + miscellaneous random people from palace we don't care about: so maybe another 6-10? --  @ktcjdrama  @triplem @nakatsubebe

option 3: they are taking down the monarchy, it will be a revolution! ops-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361: so maybe more than 10? --  @booha  @gm4queen

place your bets chingus!

also, you can place your bet on who you expect next that might disappear.... or wish that would disappear... 

my vote -- ari!

@gm4queen ~ ari & nanny

@ktcjdrama ~ nanny

I vote for option 2. Maybe some palace workers and guards will be killed with the emperor's bad temper. I also have a feeling yura and nanny will be killed too. They might also kill the prime minister since he seems to be quite hard for the mama queen to handle. Omooo..so many possible victims :sweatingbullets:. I hope sunny and her family survives till the end hohoho

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

December 23, 2018

December Brand Reputation Rankings For Drama Actors Revealed

Source: Soompi by E. Cha

Spoiler

December Brand Reputation Rankings For Drama Actors Revealed

The Korean Business Research Institute has announced this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 100 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between November 20 and December 21.

Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo, the stars of tvN’s “Encounter,” topped this month’s list at No. 1 and No. 2 respectively. Park Bo Gum took first place with a brand reputation index of 14,837,092, while Song Hye Kyo followed close behind with a score of 13,334,953.

Meanwhile, actor Hyun Bin came in at No. 3 for the month with a total brand reputation index of 8,110,227.

Check out this month’s top 30 below!

1. Park Bo Gum
2. Song Hye Kyo
3. Hyun Bin
4. Lee Seol
5. Han Go Eun
6. Uee
7. Kim Yoo Jung
8. Lee Min Jung
9. Jo Bo Ah
10. Park Shin Hye
11. Yoon Kyun Sang
12. Lee Jong Suk
13. Yoo Seung Ho
14. Jang Nara
15. Lee Elijah

16. Shin Ha Kyun
17. Lee Joo Young
18. Park Se Wan
19. Shin Hye Sun
20. Choi Jin Hyuk
21. Shin Sung Rok

22. Lee Yoo Jin
23. Kim Young Ok
24. So Yi Hyun
25. Jung Yu Mi
26. So Yoo Jin
27. Jang Seung Jo
28. Kim Gun Woo
29. Kim Sun Ah
30. Park Hoon

Source (1)

UPDATED: we certainly are a blood thirsty lot! hahahha... none of us are expecting option 1. :lol:

so far, 2 villains (Ma pil joo & chief guard) have been killed, 4 good people killed (grandma, mom of wang shik, queen so hyun, chief hong) and 1 fake death of wang shik, miscellaneous people (the royal guard who went missing, his brother who attempted to kill emperor + 2 or 3 buddies) , all together about 10ish folks. going forward, how many more characters will disappear? 

"the kill count!" bet  sword-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455363

option 1: this isn't OCN with bad depressing lighting! surprised-red-crab-emoticon.gif?12924553so maybe few : maybe another 1-5?

option 2: this is a modern saeguk! what's a saeguk without some tragedy? thinking-red-crab-emoticon.gif?129245536so a few more + miscellaneous random people from palace we don't care about: so maybe another 6-10? -- lmangla @katakwasabi  @ktcjdrama  @triplem @nakatsubebe

option 3: they are taking down the monarchy, it will be a revolution! ops-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361: so maybe more than 10? --  @booha  @gm4queen

place your bets chingus!

also, you can place your bet on who you expect next that might disappear.... or wish that would disappear... 

my vote -- ari!

@gm4queen ~ ari & nanny

@ktcjdrama ~ nanny

@katakwasabi ~ some palace workers and guards will be killed with the emperor's bad temper. also have a feeling yura and nanny will be killed too. They might also kill the prime minister

Hello chingus! I was so sick the whole day & couldn't catch up with you guys!!!

So what's going on in the palace..? Dear @Lmangla - the list of deceased people is already exceeding 10..? Then what to expect in up coming eps..? :sweatingbullets: And am I the only one who think that the prime minister is framing/ betraying/ cunning by the nanny..?! Also, I feel that the detective guy knows something about the royal family that they are falsely framing Sunny as granny's murderer..?! :crazy:

Anyway, waiting for the next week!!

WOW! All the leads are in the list of Top 30! :thumbsup: Good luck, guys!!

CJH treated the staffs with a buffet.  It must be for the holiday.   CJH didn’t wear his  bodyguard uniform??    **JNR team couldn’t make it on time so the company set aside a vip section for them.

https://m.blog.naver.com/yssin2848/221425431158

Spoiler

zCNDMcv.jpg?1

7Pw8WCJ.jpg?1

tFtxkuZ.jpg?1

t9XVNeL.jpg

Spoiler

C8SAx2S.jpg?2

XrALyTR.jpg?2

nFjnjh8.jpg?1

Spoiler

xgNO2NG.jpg?1

0gwx6YQ.jpg?1

Spoiler

GFEXSqh.jpg?1

R35nXX9.jpg?1

Spoiler

oUorI4n.jpg

a61tm3F.jpg

pmJGam1.jpg

@gm4queen

ohoh  sorry to hear,  take care   fZnFtgu.gif  :relieved:

Thanks a lot, dear @booha :wub: I am a bit fine now!!!

And 2 days to go! Oh, did they release this week's preview or am I missing something..?!! Looks like there's a lot to happen in upcoming eps. Now I need something between Sunny & Wang Sik! We are almost half-way through the series.

I agree with the comments on Ari's character.  When she is acting bad, it reminds me of the Emperor's sister, the woman who all along Ari thought of as her Mother.  The only difference is that Ari has a brain and is not just acting out like the pea brain  princess.  I guess Sonny will show Ari what real motherly love is.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate the festive season.  Happy Holidays to those who don't :)

I read that K-communications commission decided to review TLE for provocative/suggestive scenes.   There must be a lot of complaints from K-viewers about the early scenes.  Since TLE is for 15 and above, the commission has no choice but to investigate whether TLE crossed the line.   I think TLE took a chance putting such scenes at the early stage to compete against Encounter.  Now TLE has built its own momentum with viewers through crazy but addictive plot lines so it can safely discard such in-the-face kind of scenes.  hehe  I noticed the ratings for Encounter were sliding. It will be interesting to see how the commission will decide.

Spoiler

Tyf6Ndw.jpg

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181223083005814

2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Thanks a lot, dear @booha :wub: I am a bit fine now!!!

And 2 days to go! Oh, did they release this week's preview or am I missing something..?!! Looks like there's a lot to happen in upcoming eps. Now I need something between Sunny & Wang Sik! We are almost half-way through the series.

Still no preview    I had to assume TLE is still busy shooting for this week.    Now it’s #1 on w/th. It means TLE team must be feeling a lot of pressure to keep staying on the top. 

2 hours ago, O said:

I agree with the comments on Ari's character.  When she is acting bad, it reminds me of the Emperor's sister, the woman who all along Ari thought of as her Mother.  The only difference is that Ari has a brain and is not just acting out like the pea brain  princess.  I guess Sonny will show Ari what real motherly love is.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate the festive season.  Happy Holidays to those who don't :)

haha  there is a new Ari in the opening scene of EP1.  It’s from the present time (2010/1/17 Th)   Ari is playing in the yard instead of stuck in the room with books and lessons.  If you look at closely her, she has changed.  Also she is a princess. 

Currently we are watching things that happened from a year ago.

XRdtwGk.jpg

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181223133805345

0qZHKzI.jpg

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181224085748003

ive been very busy since last week but now im off on my holiday guys! will be back after new year.. probably will miss out this week’s ep and nxt week also..glad i can rely on you guys for recaps and pictures heeheee.. anyway, happy holidays and merry christmas guys.. have a wonderful one! :kiss_wink:

gxaMXpm.gif              rMapl3F.gif                            

TLE W-preview recording

cr to uploader

(trans)

LH: I’m going to put CWB in as the guard leader
WB: I’m certain LH trusts me now.
LH: Do you think this makes sense?
Sunny: Think of it as a marriage contract
Byeon: It’s clear GED left something
WB: That makes the empress more dangerous
WB: Why did you come back here, empress-mama
Sunny:  I will no longer cause trouble like I did before  Nice meeting you, CWB guard

** It’s a bed time story with rhymes (some are colloquial words)  so the translation shows a general meaning about it. Hopefully not too far off  **CJH has a unique voice for singing or story telling

@singlesmagazine:   #Singles_star
Are you having a good Christmas Eve?   For tonight, no one will have nightmares!  Choi Jin-hyuk delivers a goodnight message with a honey voice. Please raise the volume up and listen.

(translation)

Today's Bedtime Story

Korean:

Spoiler

어느새 밖이 캄캄해요.
집들은 환하게 불을 밝혔구요.
지금은 몇시?
꾸벅꾸벅 졸다가 아아함 하품할시간,
무도회가 끝날시간,
이제는 방으로 가야할시간,
더놀겠다고 떼쓰다가 야단맞기 딱 좋은 시간,  
불이꺼졌네요.
집들은 어둠에 잠겼어요.
지금은 몇시?
모두 쿨쿨 잠잘시간.
(CJH voice) 잘자요 악몽으로 부터 여러분을 지킬게요

It is already dark outside.

The houses are lighted brightly.
What time is it now?

Time for nodding off with a big yawn,
Ending time for the dance party,

Time to go to the room,
Time for getting a sharp scolding from pestering to play more
The light is off.
The houses are darkened.

What time is it now?
Time for everybody in a deep sleep.
(CJH voice) "Sleep well. I will protect you from nightmares"

OBfp0PS.gif

Spoiler

This is the most stressful drama i have ever watched.  Every episode either makes me mad, frustrated or rolling my eyes but at the same time, I anxiously wait for the next episode *facepalm*.   Now I don’t feel sorry for Ari, she is such a brat :lol:  well the bad ones are equally bad and they deserve each other.  And WB, i am quite frustrated with him ...i have a love hate relationship with his character. Still curious what his plan is to bring Yu Ra and the emperor down. 

Hello everyone

I am a newbie here. I have been a fan of Kdramas since 2013. Have been watching quite a few since then. The Last empress caught my interest when it was announced and I have been refraining from watching as I wanted SBS to release all episodes first.. BUT.. my plan is failing rapidly as each episode is so thrilling and always leave us with a cliff hanger.

i just saw the episode 21-22 trailer.. needless to say we will be in for a roller coaster ride again tonight! I just can’t wait.

Wishing all a Merry Christmas!

The extended preview shows WB gets injured by trying to protect Sunny as  someone tries to kill her. And Sunny learns WB is WS (which will be a cliffhanger for Th ep  <_< )

Spoiler

luh1pwr.gif

zFvUwZk.gif

cr to DC

**I’m glad to read that  CJH is in  full recovery phase.  He is filming through the Christmas and New Year holiday without a break.  It’s interesting to know that he is shooting not only on the TLE set in Buyeo but all over the country.  Why other places?

TLE  CJH injury, a full recovery phase.. repay with  better acting

ga9jwWz.jpg

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181225080854106

wZHIMbt.jpg

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181226084537689

@jbeanie1709 Welcome to the thread! and welcome to soompi too! :)

I've also been waiting for Wednesday to come... It feels like a longer wait this past week, maybe because of the holiday season that many things are happenings....

See you all tonight, hopefully I can live stream and recap...

ETA: Not only Sunny finds out CWB's real identity, LH and YR will be suspecting CWB too because they discovered there's a bullet in his skull :o

Archived