[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

28 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@jbeanie1709 Welcome to the thread! and welcome to soompi too! :)

I've also been waiting for Wednesday to come... It feels like a longer wait this past week, maybe because of the holiday season that many things are happenings....

See you all tonight, hopefully I can live stream and recap...

ETA: Not only Sunny finds out CWB's real identity, LH and YR will be suspecting CWB too because they discovered there's a bullet in his skull :o

Thank you!.. it is certainly getting more interesting!.. poor Sunny.. she sleeps with a baseball bat:D and WB also holds a baseball bat!..hmm.. wonder how the story goes tonight.. the extended preview and the still cuts are definitely killing every inch of my patience

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ktcjdrama

Ohh nice to hear about recapping thank you  :relaxed:
Don’t worry.    I think it’s too early for LH and YR to learn about WB-WS.  Sometimes a preview can be just a bit of a  teaser.
At least it seems Sunny and WB are making  progress by working together finally. 

** Son Chang-min makes a surprise appearance as Gu Pil Mo, Imperial Hospital Neurosurgery Director.  SCM knows the writer as he appeared in two of her pervious dramas.

ewsesdd.jpg?1

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181226071834126

Spoiler

iK1qmFz.jpg?2

wKHzAsH.jpg?1

cr to DC

** Someone made  funny clips about the live watching.:lol::tounge_wink:

LH: CWB, I want you to live-watch with me tomorrow!! 

WB: I already promised to empress-mama to watch it with her.   

LH: I’ll take a punch. Take me in.

DFF9AdC.gif

Spoiler

6ZsSBT7.gif

nqlqrjm.gif

ILkk2oT.gif

cr to DC

ED: What~  You can’t live-watch me tomorrow? 

Ari: Ari is under 15 so Ari can’t watch it ㅠ

358CoRE.gif

Spoiler

4EjiKKr.gif

pshvpwI.gif

cr to DC

On 12/23/2018 at 11:55 AM, booha said:

Hellooo good to see you  Hopefully there will be more of your flying by intrusion  haha   I’m glad  Ari caught your eye!! :lol:

:sweatingbullets:ops ops @booha u 'caught' me ahhahaa~.. :P

7Qn6KT7.jpg

:grimace:heee.. ok juz teasing u ya (as usual hahaha) erhm... mmm.. actually like some of our chingus here i wanna catch the romance of uri OTP too :love::blush:

3Rnusz2.jpg

Looking at the preview, hopefully writernim will be throwing in some progress soon:lol:.

*whisper* Meanwhile i'll juz enjoy the bromance *cough choke ~~*:

Spoiler

yrLhzhN.jpg

Ok ok chill juz for laughs ya (still holiday mood):lol:

:grimace:sharing a funny YT clip The emperor's man ...hahaaahaa~~

:glasses: ok chill happy waiting !

**Here is a text preview.  It’s rather over the top. LH becomes a matchmaker for Sunny and WB.  whahha    For a while I felt the writer was having too much fun with villains that she lost interest in OTP.   haha    Maybe someone from higher up told her that there had to be a real love line in TLE and after resisting, she gave in and came up with LH as a matchmaker through a long brainstorm with her assistants. It doesn’t matter as long as there will be OTP love line. Thank you LH haha
LH will bang his head after he falls in love with Sunny.  hehe 

Text preview:

"Make the Empress as your woman!"
WS’s first order by the emperor after he became the captain of the guard!
Returning back to the Imperial court, the wizard of the counterattack, Sunny begins the contract marriage with Lee Hyuk, and WS hovers around Sunny.

While Yura checks on Sunny and nanny, she begins having doubts about the identity of WS ...

FM1R5lJ.gif

cr to Dc

Jin Hyuk: Today is the # day of TLE. #night at 10 o'clock # sbs # Don't miss it/watch live

21 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

:sweatingbullets:ops ops @booha u 'caught' me ahhahaa~.. :P

:grimace:heee.. ok juz teasing u ya (as usual hahaha) erhm... mmm.. actually like some of our chingus here i wanna catch the romance of uri OTP too :love::blush:

Looking at the preview, hopefully writernim will be throwing in some progress soon:lol:.

*whisper* Meanwhile i'll juz enjoy the bromance *cough choke ~~*:

:glasses: ok chill happy waiting !

Yup there will be OTP love line: KyBxcw4.gif

**make the empress as your woman** (from text preview)  haha  

OKMQLHf.gif

35 minutes ago, booha said:

Yup there will be OTP love line: KyBxcw4.gif

**make the empress as your woman** (from text preview)  haha 

Omo omo... sounds like our hot bodyguard will be super busy ?! Hahaaaa....interesting mmm...:joy:

:Pprevious episode:

XtKlaRX.jpg

9Dod2t8.jpg

2 hours ago, booha said:

Text preview:

Returning back to the Imperial court, the wizard of the counterattack, Sunny begins the contract marriage with Lee Hyuk, and WS hovers around Sunny.

While Yura checks on Sunny and nanny, she begins having doubts about the identity of WS ...

tumblr_mqx9pgQsjM1r2pvg2o1_500.gif

LH would so regret this. He just made it easier for them to plot against him.

13 hours ago, booha said:

ext preview:

LOL.... this is all sorts of funny + sexy? sort of a makjang kind of take on regular kdrama contract relationship?? while we see rocky bear woo sunny, don't forget to track the kill count! chingus, if you haven't placed your bets already, please do so. :D

UPDATED:

so far, 2 villains (Ma pil joo & chief guard) have been killed, 4 good people killed (grandma, mom of wang shik, queen so hyun, chief hong) and 1 fake death of wang shik, miscellaneous people (the royal guard who went missing, his brother who attempted to kill emperor + 2 or 3 buddies) , all together about 10ish folks. going forward, how many more characters will disappear? 

"the kill count!" bet  sword-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455363

option 1: this isn't OCN with bad depressing lighting! surprised-red-crab-emoticon.gif?12924553so maybe few : maybe another 1-5? -- @jbeanie1709 

option 2: this is a modern saeguk! what's a saeguk without some tragedy? thinking-red-crab-emoticon.gif?129245536so a few more + miscellaneous random people from palace we don't care about: so maybe another 6-10? -- lmangla @katakwasabi  @ktcjdrama  @triplem @nakatsubebe

option 3: they are taking down the monarchy, it will be a revolution! ops-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361: so maybe more than 10? --  @chubby^green^   @booha  @gm4queen

place your bets chingus!

also, you can place your bet on who you expect next that might disappear.... or wish that would disappear... 

my vote -- ari!

@gm4queen ~ ari & nanny

@ktcjdrama ~ nanny

@katakwasabi ~ some palace workers and guards will be killed with the emperor's bad temper. also have a feeling yura and nanny will be killed too. They might also kill the prime minister

@jbeanie1709 ~ teacher byun

@chubby^green^ ~ teacher byun or prime minister or sunny's dad

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

That was hilarious.... :lol: so true though, I kinda get that feeling too ~ Does LH love MYR more, or CWB more? :P

Fly by here more often, @supergal99 ... been missing you in soompi...

*whisper* :P ahhh@ktcjdrama i miss teasing u too hahaaa... omo omo u can feel the bromance too ahahaaa~~ this pair has great chemistry ya? :glasses::tounge_xd:

YY1cRNs.jpg

0v5nGlQ.jpg

"Scissors paper ...stone!":lol:

Ok ok juz for fun. :sweat_smile:

Eehmmm... @Lmangla  the only characters i hoping to see disappear are the ones who killed hot bodyguard's mum ie. Emperor + his mistress. *whisper* Hope to hottie bodyguard chop chop chop them up (and make curry...) haaa~~ :naughty:oh oh ops this is SBS not OCN *dum~~*:warning:

N8fZHCI.jpg

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

LOL.... this is all sorts of funny + sexy? sort of a makjang kind of take on regular kdrama contract relationship?? while we see rocky bear woo sunny, don't forget to track the kill count! chingus, if you haven't placed your bets already, please do so. :D

UPDATED:

so far, 2 villains (Ma pil joo & chief guard) have been killed, 4 good people killed (grandma, mom of wang shik, queen so hyun, chief hong) and 1 fake death of wang shik, miscellaneous people (the royal guard who went missing, his brother who attempted to kill emperor + 2 or 3 buddies) , all together about 10ish folks. going forward, how many more characters will disappear? 

"the kill count!" bet  sword-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455363

option 1: this isn't OCN with bad depressing lighting! surprised-red-crab-emoticon.gif?12924553so maybe few : maybe another 1-5?

option 2: this is a modern saeguk! what's a saeguk without some tragedy? thinking-red-crab-emoticon.gif?129245536so a few more + miscellaneous random people from palace we don't care about: so maybe another 6-10? -- lmangla @katakwasabi  @ktcjdrama  @triplem @nakatsubebe

option 3: they are taking down the monarchy, it will be a revolution! ops-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361: so maybe more than 10? --  @booha  @gm4queen

place your bets chingus!

also, you can place your bet on who you expect next that might disappear.... or wish that would disappear... 

my vote -- ari!

@gm4queen ~ ari & nanny

@ktcjdrama ~ nanny

@katakwasabi ~ some palace workers and guards will be killed with the emperor's bad temper. also have a feeling yura and nanny will be killed too. They might also kill the prime minister

First time voting

Option 1: not counting miscellaneous guards. Not many main characters left to kill.

who is next?.. teacher Byun ( though I really hope not) but he is someone who knows a lot of the palace secrets

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

place your bets chingus!

option 3

they all should die and leave the palace all deserted aside from sunny and woo bin who is now basking in the sunny sun of somewhere else with the money from granny

hahaha

might be the prime minister

he seems minimal at the time being

or maybe the old byun? he might sacrifice himself for the greater good

or sumthing

sunny dad maybe? just to make it more painful for sunny

hmmm...

Live recap

Spoiler

Scene opened with last episode Sunny walking into theater.

After the hug, they went out of building with reporters taking pictures. Sunny went into the car, followed by LH. LH was about to scold her but a person knocked the window. Pretense continued.

At home, LH confronted Sunny in the room, WB outside hearing everything. Sunny proposes contract marriage, using GED as an excuse that something might leak out. LH looked hesitant. He went to consult with Dowager. Dowager called for CWB and they asked him to make Sunny his woman. CWB is uneasy about it.

LH returned to his room where YR was waiting for him. She protested of course. LH told her that it's none of her business, it's between him and Dowager.

Spoiler

Sunny came out her room, met CWB and said some nice stuff to him such as thanking him, but the moment she walked away, her face changed.

She went into GED's room, and she imagined GED still there, talking to her, encouraging and comforting her. She cried and asked whether GED met Hong or not... She bowed to an empty seat.

She went to greet Dowager. Dowager is saying stuff to discourage her, but Sunny isn't deterred but maintain a smiling face.

Next day, Ari is not established as Princess. Dowager led the ceremony, thanked the Empress, LH pretended to thank Sunny. Ari is then "crowned". Nanny looking from the back, exchanging happy looks with PM who is in front. Ari then gave her speech, in Korean, English and Mandarin. Impressive, lol.... Reporters happily asked questions to the Imperial family. All answered diplomatically. Ari is beaming........

Spoiler

Family retreated to a private meeting. Dowager praising Ari. She promised to be good. Ari looked for approval from LH but he didn't give any. She immediately went to Sunny's side calling her mother and such, so very friendly. Sunny of course is sincere with her advice to her. Sojin angry with her, Ari just gave her a sour look.

Sunny is back in her chamber, staff cleaning up for her. The case with the necklace was brought out, but YR said she will take it herself. Sunny started to unpack her things again. She took out the photo necklace of NWS, and opened it, but can't recognize YR because she is wearing glasses. She said thank you to NWS and hope he is alive and to be able to meet him.

YR brought the necklace to Dowager. Dowager happy, but she can see YR eyeing the necklace with high interest when it is brought away.

LH having a conversation with Nanny, thanked her for everything she did. He asked since Ari is princess now, what does she want to say. Nanny with tears in her eyes, asked to be allowed to stay by Ari's side. That's all she asked for.

A room is being cleared, I think it is GED's room? YR is there to oversee it, she is looking happy. But then Nanny came in led by another secretary. The room is to be her room. YR is shocked. Nanny is smug.

Spoiler

CWB is made as the chief security.

LH came to his room and YR is demanding why Nanny is made mama? Do you know what kind of woman she is? LH is angry that she is becoming a jealous person. YR thinks to herself that LH is not the way anymore.

Nanny is in her room, Ari came into her room, asking that shouldn't she be grateful to her? Nanny said, of course. Then Ari asked for something from her, which she was stunned, nervous and at loss for words. Sunny came in, and Ari quickly works her charm again on Sunny. Ari left the room and Sunny asked about the night GED died because Nanny was there. Nanny told her how she saw YR went into GED's room. But she left when YR screamed, YR took a piece of paper away.

YR at the mall, deciding something that made Sojin and Hello angry. Sojin went to relieve her stress by shopping. CWB was there, pretending wanting to buy a present for her. She said then is it our first day today? lol.... CWB went into a car at the parking lot. Byun was there. He updated him.

Archived