[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

Spoiler

Byun went to see Yoon by the riverside. Yoon gave him something but because it is already 7 years passed, he doesn't know if it is useful or not. Byun opened it and thanked him for it. He was about to leave when Yoon asked him to meet someone.

Chicken shop. Dad noticed Hello is working hard, asked if she is fired from work. Just then, Yoon brought Byun into the shop, introduced him as Empress father. Turned out that they know each other very well and had a history long ago!! They were happy to meet each other, saluting each other in their own way.

LH and CWB drinking in a private room. Suddenly CWB had a pain in his head. LH is asking him not to call him Emperor while just two of them. CWB cannot change to calling him hyung though. He wants to think of CWB as his brother. He asked, isn't there Yoon. LH angry and said Yoon is never the brother. CWB promised to stay by his side forever, LH happy. YR walked in, and joined them. CWB went out and almost fainted in the corridor. In the room, YR apologized for earlier. She then went to the coat rack and took out CWB's medicine. CWB came in looking for it but YR pretended to use her lipstick. They all sat down. YR congratulated WB on his appointment, then asked about whether he has any girl he likes. WB said about his old GF, when asked what kind of girl she was, he described her to be pretty and smart like YR, but he got betrayed.

They got home with YR drunk. She was put in bed. LH went into restroom, WB tried to search YR's pocket for something, his med? LH came out so he stopped. He left the room and YR turned out to be pretending drunk, so she know he searched her.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

WB walking away from main palace, thinking back to what Ma Pil Joo told him about YR's involvement. Main OST played in background. He went to Sunny's place. Saw the bed empty and saw her in bathtub.

YR went to a lab and asked for the med to be checked.

Sunny is doing a live broadcast from her room. Lots of people responding positively. She promised that she will greet everybody every morning from now on.

Dowager is having a private spa treatment. Then Sec.Choi came in to report on Sunny's video broadcast. Dad and Yoon watching from home. Praising her for her good idea. Hello came out, all dressed up. Dad asking her if she really got fired. Then she told them angrily about YR's doing.

Ari and Sunny went to LH's room to greet him. Ari asking something and pretending to sad again. This little girl is so good at acting. Sunny pretended to ask to use LH's bathroom. She is trying to find the secret passage, but couldn't find it. Just then WB came in and requested her to go out.

Spoiler

Imperial family meeting, about Sunny's live broadcast. Sojin thought it is interesting, why not. Dowager asked her to participate in the activities of the mall. Like what we saw in the stills. Everyone is more excited seeing Sunny instead of everyone else. Screaming and photo taking. LH and Dowager shocked and unhappy with her popularity. YR noticed it.

I think it's the book signing. YR asked to go ahead with it, putting Hello in difficult position...??

YR is making a call, Sojin went to her, just then Hello walked in confidently. She went up the stage and claimed that she is the author Vincent Lee. Sunny, Dowager stunned. Turned out that Yoon admitted to Hello that he is Vincent Lee. Hello didn't believe him, he proved it, and asked her to pretend to be Vincent Lee. He guided her to answer the questions from reporters from another distant place.

The Imperial family left. Like the still, someone tried to attack Sunny, it was arranged by YR. She made an unhappy face and Dowager noticed it. CWB got hit very hard and passed out on the spot. As he laid there, Sunny saw her bite mark on his hand. Everyone rushed to the hospital. While he is brought in, Sunny called Byun and asked whether the person who saved her the last time was CWB and told him that he is in hospital now. Byun immediately said no, he cannot be in hospital because there's a bullet in his head and if it is known, his cover will be blown. People will know he is NWS. Sunny shocked, CWB is NWS? She ran and ran to the MRI room.

YR got a call from the lab telling her the med is for strong pain reliever. She went back into the MRI room as the doc was about to explain the scan result. Just then, the door opened with Sunny standing there. Doctors inside bowed to her. Then a senior doctor appeared from her back. Episode ends focusing on Sunny's determined face. No preview.

4 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:
  Hide contents

Imperial family meeting, about Sunny's live broadcast. Soji thought it is interesting, why not. Dowager asked her to participate in the activities of the mall. Like what we saw in the stills. Everyone is more excited seeing Sunny instead of everyone else. Screaming and photo taking. LH and Dowager shocked and unhappy with her popularity. YR noticed it.

I think it's the book signing. YR asked to go ahead with it, putting Hello in difficult position...??

YR is making a call, Soji went to her, just then Hello walked in confidently. She went up the stage and claimed that she is the author Vincent Lee. Sunny, Dowager stunned. Turned out that Yoon admitted to Hello that he is Vincent Lee. Hello didn't believe him, he proved it, and asked her to pretend to be Vincent Lee. He guided her to answer the questions from reporters from another distant place.

The Imperial family left. Like the still, someone tried to attack Sunny, it was arranged by YR. She made an unhappy face and Dowager noticed it. CWB got hit very hard and passed out on the spot. As he laid there, Sunny saw her bite mark on his hand. Everyone rushed to the hospital. While he is brought in, Sunny called Byun and asked whether the person who saved her the last time was CWB and told him that he is in hospital now. Byun immediately said no, he cannot be in hospital because there's a bullet in his head and if it is known, his cover will be blown. People will know he is NWS. Sunny shocked, CWB is NWS? She ran and ran to the MRI room.

YR got a call from the lab telling her the med is for pain reliever. She went back into the MRI room as the doc was about to explain the scan result. Just then, the door opened with Sunny standing there. Doctors inside bowed to her. Then a senior doctor appeared from her back. Episode ends focusing on Sunny's determined face. No preview.

Spoiler

If he still got the bullet in his head then how long can he live....I´m getting a "I´m sorry I love you" vibe...I hope he won´t die at the end.

Thank you for recap 

1 minute ago, Sarang21 said:
  Hide contents

If he still got the bullet in his head then how long can he live....I´m getting a "I´m sorry I love you" vibe...I hope he won´t die at the end.

Thank you for recap 

IKR!! I was thinking the same too.... :tears:

It's my pleasure doing the recaps ;) It helps (forces?) me to concentrate hard in trying to understand the language, thus hopefully improving my Korean little by little.

5 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

IKR!! I was thinking the same too.... :tears:

It's my pleasure doing the recaps ;) It helps (forces?) me to concentrate hard in trying to understand the language, thus hopefully improving my Korean little by little.

Spoiler

after this revelation I´m so anxious hopefully the writer will find a way to make him live even if it doesn´t make sense. 

9 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

after this revelation I´m so anxious hopefully the writer will find a way to make him live even if it doesn´t make sense. 

He couldn't get a proper surgery because he needs to keep his condition hidden to avoid being found out as NWS. When the Imperial family is toppled, if he can get a proper surgery, it's possible to remove the bullet. Question is, with already so many hard hits to the back of his head, not to mention further hits, will he be able to survive till then? :unsure:

25 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

I am sure the writer will find a way, looking at her style :D   I hope that I don’t get a nervous breakdown towards the end of the drama.  

Btw thank you @ktcjdrama for the recap, as always :wub:

26 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

He couldn't get a proper surgery because he needs to keep his condition hidden to avoid being found out as NWS. When the Imperial family is toppled, if he can get a proper surgery, it's possible to remove the bullet. Question is, with already so many hard hits to the back of his head, not to mention further hits, will he be able to survive till then? :unsure:

Oh God... Then Wang Sik is gonna sacrifice his life for others sooner or later..?! Forget the love line between Sunny & him!! :crazy: There are too many deaths/murders. And it makes no sense that he's still alive with a bullet in his head! Can't trust this writer at all....

1 hour ago, Sarang21 said:
  Hide contents

Thank you for recap 

Actually there are people who have survived with a bullet in the head.. it depends on the velocity of the bullet entering the head and where it  hits.. for some lucky people, if the bullet velocity is high and there is no side to side movement (wobble) and it passes through non critical parts of the brain, less damage occurs and survival is possible. ( quote: medicinenet.com)

i am still hopeful that he will not die at the end unless the writer surprises us again:)

21 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Oh God... Then Wang Sik is gonna sacrifice his life for others sooner or later..?! Forget the love line between Sunny & him!! :crazy: There are too many deaths/murders. And it makes no sense that he's still alive with a bullet in his head! Can't trust this writer at all....

Huh? people in real life survived bullets to the head.

42 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

seing as he is showing signs of pain and as you said with so many hits to the back I don´t think he will be able to survive for that long. My fear is that with those hits the bullet might dislocate to a place where it will be hard for him to get surgery. 

19 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

I did some research and there are real life cases of people surviving with a bullet in their head...so this is not far streched. For example this story.

Small percentage but still possible for someone to survive with a bullet lodged in the brain. The writer could dig deep into the medical field and have one of the doctor explain the slim chance of survivor due to the position of the bullet etc  ..:D

Fat to Fit in months is not impossible, especially when the dude has nothing to do but train train and train..

There are a lot of unbelievable stories but still true out there in this world. 

The part I like the most from tonight episode is :wub: :wub::wub: :

Spoiler

After LH alongside ED ordered WB to seduce the Empress, these two got out from ED's room. WB suddenly  asked LH seriously: "Peha..even if I become really like Empress then, It will not be a matter, right?

WB laughed hard hearing what WB said because for LH,  WB was talking non sense...

Let's see LH..you will regret it :tounge_xd:

About Yura:

Spoiler

Yura eyeing the diamond necklace that has been taken from sunny. Could it be that the corpse on the first episode will be her?? I hope so :joy:

@gm4queen,  actually it's not far stretched, there are a lot of cases of people living with bullets in their  head after some accidents, failed suicide attempts or even assassinations attacks.

@illay, nope, I'm more that sure that the corpse belong to LH's first wife and i suspect that the real diamond necklace is on that corpse. The one that was given to Sunni is fake. Thus I say  let this snake YR have it. She worth nothing but the fake just like the one that she is.

@foreverempress, I think DW took away the necklace because it an important family heirloom. Thus underling that even though they let Sunni back into the Palace she is not part of the family. And I doubt Sunni knows about the inheritance  or else she would have claimed it to gain some upper hand in the Palace.

1 hour ago, juju84 said:

@gm4queen,  actually it's not far stretched, there are a lot of cases of people living with bullets in their  head after some accidents, failed suicide attempts or even assassinations attacks.

@illay, nope, I'm more that sure that the corpse belong to LH's first wife and i suspect that the real diamond necklace is on that corpse. The one that was given to Sunni is fake. Thus I say  let this snake YR have it. She worth nothing but the fake just like the one that she is.

@foreverempress, I think DW took away the necklace because it an important family heirloom. Thus underling that even though they let Sunni back into the Palace she is not part of the family. And I doubt Sunni knows about the inheritance  or else she would have claimed it to gain some upper hand in the Palace.

It is time for Wang Shik to be useful and spill them beans. Hopefully, this writer will allow her to discover her inheritance before the final four episodes...Hopefully no later than next week because Empress Dowager

Spoiler

has bribed the lawyer to stay quiet.

Archived