[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi chingus! I've been lurcking here but guuuurl I can't contain how much satisfactory last episode's eding was to me. So here I am. Sunny will have to performe the role of her life in front of those reality tv cameras and take those fake *astards down using their own game. It's going to be hilarious and I can't wait!!! To be truthful this drama has many flaws, some things are just flat out ridiculous and unbelievable but somehow even those things add to its charm. It's such a wild ride, I'm not sure any of us know for sure what's coming next, I mean even if it's a trope fest it manages to be quite unique. And hands down to all women in this drama, even Ari managed to surprise me!!! what an interesting little witch xD

Playing catch up . Left with this week’s episodes . Very happy to see our gal Sunny showing some real fangs , and that she’s not alone. This was such a highlight for me :

I’m still rooting for Hot guard / NWS/ CWB  and her to have a love line. Like why not ? This writer doesn’t follow the usual formulas , so if she wills it , it can be done even when late in the game . We still hv 14 hours left :P. Oh and that little girl playing Ari is such a scene stealer. 

Drama hits a ratings high :

Finished watching with subs. This show deserves the high ratings...

I was cheering along the audience in the theater for Sunny. I think she has finally smarten up. At this point, I'm actually okay if there isn't any love line in the story. I just want to see Sunny bring down the Imperial family!

I think Asst.Hung's death might be a fake out to protect her. Notice that it was CWB who informed the family about the incident. We don't see her actually hanged herself, only her corpse. Byun might have people in the prison to facilitate her being moved out, especially since the Imperial family does not want to have anything to do with her funeral when WB asked how they want to handle it. So we won't see any funeral also. I just can't think of any reason why she would kill herself because staying alive is a better choice to provide any aid to the Empress in the future. I laughed at WB's expression when he heard the reactions from Dowager and MYR about Hung's death. Poor guy, he still can't believe their ruthlessness.... :lol:

Also, since MYR has in possession the same drug that poisoned Grandmama, does it mean she is the killer then? I mean, how would she know what kind of drug/poison that the forensic found out? If it matches, then the one who poisoned Grandmama is her, right?

Must admit that I'm starting to sympathize with LH, knowing his back story. How could he not turned out the way he is now, with a mother like that, and a father like that? Yoon is free from those negativity because all is channeled to the first born, LH... I don't wish for him to fall for Sunny, but I do wish for him to have a chance to be rehabilitated, and redeemed when the show ends.

I am counting on Ari and Soji to be on Sunny's side when she is in the palace. Soji is definitely harmless, Ari... I'm still not sure. That little girl is scary, but I hope Sunny can temper her and guide her well since she said she will take care of her. As for the nanny, she is another piece of madness in the palace, but I love that MYR met her match, mwahahahahaha......

[The Last Empress] Eps 19 & 20 spoilers, Jang Na Ra x Shin Sung Rok x Choi Jin Hyuk
Ratings11.4% | 14.6%

empress17.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' End of Jang Na Ra's frustrating scenes? Tears + pent-up anger  full of spite again 

1. [+1836,-110] Other than Jang Na Ra, they must've thought of many other actresses for this role. But after looking at the script, they aren't confident of it and rejected it. That's how they got Jang Na Ra. This role is impossible without Jang Na Ra... She has a really wide acting spectrum. She makes sure that she does a drama once a year too. 

2. [+1312,-24] Not sure about the others, but I think they are good in doing makeup of dead bodies. 

3. [+1201,-44] Looks like Jang Na Ra is going to make Lee Hyuk fall for her and begin her revenge from next week onwards. Why is her acting so good? Feels like she's going to get a daesang. 

4. [+840,-28] If you watch it for fun, it is really interesting to watch. 

5. [+642,-56] Queen Soon Ok... What are you...? What's your identity...? 

6. [+286,-32] For me, I think Soon Ok should be appreciated more than Eun Sook. To be honest, for Eun Sook, her famous dramas started with high ratings and were hot topics because of her cast. But for Soon Ok, she was criticized for makjang, her actors aren't really that powerful. And she makes viewers get enthusiastic about her story. She deserves acknowledgement. 

7. [+41,-5] Don't say that. ㅠㅠ Kim Eun Sook creates beautiful dramas. ㅠㅠ Soon Ok creates dramas that kids can't watch. ㅠㅠ

8. [+216,-4] Choi Jin Hyuk's face is really swollen. Is it because he injured his eye? [t/n: Source] He looks different from Devilish Joy. 

Spoiler

last18.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Choi Jin Hyuk saved Jang Na Ra from the crisis... and avoided suspicions 

1. [+319,-10] The late Emperor was a crazy person too. That's the best plot twist in history. 

2. [+210,-2] Ah, they made so much effort to save her... Why did she call them? ㅡㅡ

3. [+194,-84] Why is Choi Jin Hyuk doing a drama like this? A drama that leaves me speechless. Even elementary school kids can't understand this story. Choi Jin Hyuk is pitiful. My heart hurts. 

4. [+119,-18] She's always been so loud everywhere she goes, and she's trying to take revenge. Such a foolish female lead. Kim Soon Ok's limits. 

5. [+72,-1] Choi Jin Hyuk's face doesn't look good. My heart hurts. Why is it so swollen? I feel bad for him. 

6. [+56,-0] Even Ah Ri's personality makes people shiver. They teach Hanja and foreign languages in the palace, but they don't educate on manners? 

7. [+55,-0] I asked myself why am I still watching this.. but I continued to watch.. 

8. [+53,-0] What's with the secret bunker in the basement of the Chinese restaurant? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+41,-1] He may be jealous and annoyed at Cheon Woo Bin, but still, he worked hard in the palace... Pitiful leader of the guards...

cr

Nah I am good with LH not being redeemed he is too far gone did too many horrible thing for that to happen.

I dont pity a monster like him just because of his circumstances, he knows right from wrong just like anyone else he chose this path in life and it will lead this his ultimate down fall.

1 hour ago, lingx2 said:

Episode 19 & 20 Rating

Screenshot-2018-12-21-Daum.png

Woah, they keep breaking their own record. Daebak!

LH is evil but I just can't hate him. Somehow, feels like he is just like a misbehaved child, though in a more extreme manner. I believe he will fall for Sunny in the future. I think I am one of the few who can't wait for that to happen.

Looks like SSR back on the set. So cute :blush:

Sunny really have courageous.. She initially want to retreat because of her family. The death of Ms Hong give her courage and determination to continue her revenge. Not for her, but for Empress So Hyun, grandmother dowager, Ms Hong, and even NaWang Shik's mother. I afraid of her family now.. But i think she knows she has support, she will use it to the fullest.. The princess Ari is really the turnover.. She really want Sunny to be her mother as she is the richest of all.. Now she still has the title of the empress, she has all the treasure.. 

i dont like the idea of killing the villains to end everything.. they must suffer too and rot in prison for all the bad things theyve done..

now the question is, can the emperor be legally held accountable for all the crimes that he has committed? isnt he above the law like queen elizabeth of england?

44 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

i dont like the idea of killing the villains to end everything.. they must suffer too and rot in prison for all the bad things theyve done..

now the question is, can the emperor be legally held accountable for all the crimes that he has committed? isnt he above the law like queen elizabeth of england?

Good question. I’m under the impression that being a constitutional monarchy , they may not have sovereign immunity - so which means the royal family is not above the law - if they were , our emperor need not have hidden the death of NWS’s mum in the first place . Even to change the constitution to have a female inheriting the throne required the parliament to pass the amendment. But being the royal family with so much influence & money , I think it won’t be easy to use the law to bring him down

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Finished watching with subs. This show deserves the high ratings...

I was cheering along the audience in the theater for Sunny. I think she has finally smarten up. At this point, I'm actually okay if there isn't any love line in the story. I just want to see Sunny bring down the Imperial family!

I think Asst.Hung's death might be a fake out to protect her. Notice that it was CWB who informed the family about the incident. We don't see her actually hanged herself, only her corpse. Byun might have people in the prison to facilitate her being moved out, especially since the Imperial family does not want to have anything to do with her funeral when WB asked how they want to handle it. So we won't see any funeral also. I just can't think of any reason why she would kill herself because staying alive is a better choice to provide any aid to the Empress in the future. I laughed at WB's expression when he heard the reactions from Dowager and MYR about Hung's death. Poor guy, he still can't believe their ruthlessness.... :lol:

Also, since MYR has in possession the same drug that poisoned Grandmama, does it mean she is the killer then? I mean, how would she know what kind of drug/poison that the forensic found out? If it matches, then the one who poisoned Grandmama is her, right?

Must admit that I'm starting to sympathize with LH, knowing his back story. How could he not turned out the way he is now, with a mother like that, and a father like that? Yoon is free from those negativity because all is channeled to the first born, LH... I don't wish for him to fall for Sunny, but I do wish for him to have a chance to be rehabilitated, and redeemed when the show ends.

I am counting on Ari and Soji to be on Sunny's side when she is in the palace. Soji is definitely harmless, Ari... I'm still not sure. That little girl is scary, but I hope Sunny can temper her and guide her well since she said she will take care of her. As for the nanny, she is another piece of madness in the palace, but I love that MYR met her match, mwahahahahaha......

Yeah we feel bad for Hung but I don’t think she will return. I think her death is real. Sunny was ready to put down a white flag and leave with her family. It’s her death which triggered Sunny to cross over the other side.   Still Sunny has to learn a lot more about how to fight against LH/YR/ED and perhaps nanny(?)  

You are right about YR and the poison.  But though we still don’t know who killed GED, it seems trio participated in killing in some ways.  
You are too generous with LH. hehe   He may be abused but the way he became a sickening psycho is just too much.  Maybe he was like that (not so extreme like now) when he was young?   I have a feeling if LH falls in love Sunny it could be a fortune Sunny inherits from GED??  

Haha it seems everyone is impressed by Ari even YR was shocked by her skills.

Wow TLE has been very busy eliminating a lot of those minor characters. :sweatingbullets:

:astonished: 

yjvkj1J.gif

yW7Ecu9.gif

cr to DC

Just finished watching the ep and all I can say is the Emperor woke a sleeping tiger and he is going to pay dearly for messing with her. His WTF face was priceless lol:joy:.

This princess Ari is something else lol. I got goosebumps whenever she opens her mouth and make wicked plans inside her small head. I'm 100 percent sure that she is going to throw her real mom, dad, aunt and grandmom under the bus if she can keep her title. You can see her head calculating and turning when she heard the Will being read lol:sweat_smile:

December 21, 2018

Ratings: "The Last Empress" Royally Sets New Record

Source: Xportsnews via HanCinema.net

photo1024096.jpg

"The Last Empress" came in first.

According to Nielsen Korea nationwide, the SBS drama "The Last Empress" rated 11.4% and 14.5% and broke the record.

Na Wang-sik (Choi Jin-hyuk) earned the trust of Lee Hyeok (Shin Sung-rok) once again.

Min Yoo-ra (Lee Elijah) went to the Queen Mother (Shin Eun-kyung) and asked her to get rid of Seo Kang-hee (Yoon So-yi) and Ah-ri (Oh Ah-rin). "I'll stay loyal to you until I die". However, the Queen Mother refused and Min Yoo-ra knew she was going to regret that decision.

The Queen Mother put out a reward for the capture of Oh Sunny (Jang Nara). At the same time, Oh Sunny was with Mr. Byun (Kim Myung-soo). She managed to avoid inspection and he took her somewhere.

"Children of Nobody" rated 3.6% and 4.7% while "Feel Good To Die" came in last with 2.2%.

"The Last Empress" Jang Nara Reveals Shin Sung-rok's Affair and Daughter

Source: Newsen via HanCinema.net

Spoiler

photo1024114.jpg

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "The Last Empress", just after Oh Sunny (Jang Nara) leaves the police station, she aired the royal dirty laundry on the internet.

Oh Sunny was released from the police thanks to Hong's sacrifice. She made a false statement that it was her that killed the grand empress. As soon as she came out, Oh Sunny released the recording she had gained by planting a bug in the palace.

The Imperial Family turned upside down because of the audio file titled "The Emperor"s Two-faces'. The file had recordings of Lee Hyeok (Shin Sung-rok) and Min Yoo-ra (Lee Elijah) fighting over his out-of-wedlock daughter Ah-ri (Oh Ah-rin). Thanks to the file, everyone knew now about Lee Hyeok's hidden child.

Oh Sunny's sister, Oh Hello (Stephanie Lee) asked if she did it and Oh Sunny said, "This is just the beginning. I am going to reveal what kind of place the Imperial Palace really is".

photo1024115.jpg

I absolutely love Ari, the actress who is playing her is sure to win an award. I have always liked the skills of JNR, and think that the duo of Ari and the Empress will be dynamic.  I have a feeling that Yoon will do his best to protect Sunny family.  He seems to have become a defacto member.  Disappointed that we didn't get a preview.  Sunny getting all the financial benefits from GED is so great.  LH will be forced to accept Sunny.  Who will be Sunnys first target?  I say she gets rid of YR, or diminish her power.  So are we to assume that CWB is now the head guard?  If so, then he will be pivotal in helping Sunny.

2 hours ago, booha said:

You are too generous with LH. hehe   He may be abused but the way he became a sickening psycho is just too much.  Maybe he was like that (not so extreme like now) when he was young? 

It's the long standing debate of nature vs. nurture... At first I thought it was just the mother that is a problem, but seeing the revelation of how the father treated him when young, he is a pitiful person.

Hello all here! How are you all? I was sick and that's why away from mobile haha. Finished watching episodes 9-10 and i feel so satisfied when the will was out~it was ultimate way to protect sunny. The character which came out like a star was Princess Ari. She is truly Hyuk's daughter lol. The same traits- obsessed with title; power; cunning and a brilliant actor (loved how she outsmarted YR). Since she heard the will so she sticks to empress for the title. I was reminded of my childhood ~ i never even once thought what is will; money and all. I pity her to be honest for living such a shallow childhood. I already predicted of involvement of all 3 in GED' murder and eventually i was having feeling that hyuk knows everything about CWB. When he never trusted YR; this his overtrust on WB seems suspicious. I guess he wants to get fid of YR somehow because as yoon said that he always got rid of those who knew his truths. Also; that having a heinous childhood doesn't mean even you become like that and destroy others. Both he and his father (the late emperor was under the same assumption:- no one can humiliate them and whatever crimes they commit; they are innocent) and this leads to massacres over years. Sadly; it was real during old empire days. 

I loved the full transformation of sunny from being a pet cat to full fledged tigress. She has taken 1-2 steps now. She really became smarten and after receiving all the shares she will be more strong. I think now is the time to remove YR but it will take time to make her down from the eyes of emperor and other than CWB; Ari is helping alot in this. Nanny not telling about documents to PM seems she wants to get rid of him in the future. Maybe PM is married and sticks to her for the shares or property.

Also; the scenes where LH sees himself in broken mirror symbolises how much he is messed up and broken inside~ he became a total psycho~ running around with guns and poison injections to kill everyone who disobey him. Intresting how tug of war is being played not only b/w good and evil but also evil and more evil (Nanny/YR). Btw; the scene of wicked couple suspecting each other was so satisfying haha.

And I'll try to be more active here lol.

Archived