[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, foreverempress said:

Yura is still with them.....Maybe that is a just punishment for her???  :glasses:

haha no doubt LH and YR have to play a hide and seek game with Sunny.   But Sunny’s goal isn’t about getting rid of YR yet. I think first she has to learn all those palace secrets like what happened to LY’s first wife and who killed GED etc.   At the same time she has to learn how to maneuver around these palace people. I think she will quickly learn she needs an ally because it’s just too much for herself to handle. I hope Sunny and WB realize they have to work together.  
Meanwhile it would be nice to see Sunny get under YR’s skin a bit.
Since TLE has 24eps and just finished ep-10, I’m afraid that the writer might kill off more screen time before the real revenge could start?  But then the writer has so much wicked imagination that it’s hard to guess.  haha

7qcVPUh.jpg?1

cr to DC

wohoo I'm back! thanks chingu @gm4queen @booha @ktcjdrama! I took some rest to get well.

I haven't seen the other comments since Thursday. This is certainly one of the dramas that people don't realize that the drama is not even half-way from its completion but so many things already have happened. And I agree with @booha that the writer might kill more screen time before real revenge turn starts. But it's not gonna get boring for sure. There's a lot of villains that the writer can play around. So far, 2 villains (Ma pil joo & chief guard) have been killed, 4 good people killed (grandma, mom of wang shik, queen so hyun, chief hong) and 1 fake death :D Am I missing someone?

And seems the woobin-sunny love line is dying down for now. I don't mind since it's still too early and they don't even know they are on the same revenge boat. Just wanna share this subbed clip from viu with this cute behind the scenes. :wub:

23 minutes ago, nakatsubebe said:

wohoo I'm back! thanks chingu @gm4queen @booha @ktcjdrama! I took some rest to get well.

I haven't seen the other comments since Thursday. This is certainly one of the dramas that people don't realize that the drama is not even half-way from its completion but so many things already have happened. And I agree with @booha that the writer might kill more screen time before real revenge turn starts. But it's not gonna get boring for sure. There's a lot of villains that the writer can play around. So far, 2 villains (Ma pil joo & chief guard) have been killed, 4 good people killed (grandma, mom of wang shik, queen so hyun, chief hong) and 1 fake death :D Am I missing someone?

And seems the woobin-sunny love line is dying down for now. I don't mind since it's still too early and they don't even know they are on the same revenge boat. Just wanna share this subbed clip from viu with this cute behind the scenes. :wub:

Glad to hear that you are OK, dear!! :wub: 

And I agree with most of your thoughts... But I think it will already be the half-way through the series next week! And I don't see any romance starting between Sunny & Wang Sik!! As so many chingus here said, there will be so many deaths in up coming eps.. And I won't be surprise if no one survives at the ending!! But since we have 14 days to go, I am keeping a positive note for Sunny & Wang Sik!! :wub: Can't wait to see Fated To Love You pals become lovers.... :love:

And I guess it should already be the weekend for some chingus... Happy weekend!!! :heart:

On 12/22/2018 at 11:20 AM, nakatsubebe said:

There's a lot of villains that the writer can play around. So far, 2 villains (Ma pil joo & chief guard) have been killed, 4 good people killed (grandma, mom of wang shik, queen so hyun, chief hong) and 1 fake death :D Am I missing someone?

in the first meeting with sunny, that fellow who pretended like he had some neurological problem and was paralyzed and then tried to kill emperor penguin? and then got poisoned. plus he insinuates that his brother went missing/killed as well. he also showed up with 2 friends? 3? who were also killed? so in addition to those you mentioned, the body count stands at 10ish.. you know we could probably have a bet on how many more characters might disappear. :lol:

alright chingus -- "the kill count!" bet sword-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455363

option 1: this isn't OCN with bad depressing lighting! surprised-red-crab-emoticon.gif?12924553so maybe few : maybe another 1-5?

option 2: this is a modern saeguk! what's a saeguk without some tragedy? thinking-red-crab-emoticon.gif?129245536so a few more + miscellaneous random people from palace we don't care about: so maybe another 6-10? --  @ktcjdrama  @triplem @nakatsubebe

option 3: they are taking down the monarchy, it will be a revolution! ops-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361: so maybe more than 10? --  @booha  @gm4queen

place your bets chingus!

also, you can place your bet on who you expect next that might disappear.... or wish that would disappear... 

my vote -- ari!

@gm4queen ~ ari & nanny

@ktcjdrama ~ nanny

Dear @Lmangla - I am glad that you did a poll!! :wub:

Let's see... We already witnessed 6 murders/deaths so far...!!! Empress So Hyun, Wang Sik's mom, granny, Ma Pil Joo, chief guard & chief Hong! Then I am in a dilemma. option 2 or option 3.?. I say option 3. 

And for those who  might disappear/would disappear, I vote for both Ari & her Nanny MOM!!! 

:sweatingbullets:ops sorray for the sudden 'intrusion'- juz flying in to drop this award incase she really really ..disappear :grimace:

2018 Best DramaMaMa award -> child actress Oh Ah Rin*:

lG9Jonh.jpg

ne984yV.jpg

*phewweet...!!*

Ok chill dont throw popcorns at me ya!

*flies off quickly*:glasses:

Spoiler

Oh-Ah-Rin-01.jpg

Name: 오아린 / Oh Ah Rin
Profession: Actress
Birthdate: 2011-May-02
Birthplace: South Korea

source: https://star.koreandrama.org/oh-ah-rin/

Edit: ops forgot to add this (real) award::)

2018 SBS drama music award

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

alright chingus -- "the kill count!" bet sword-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455363

option 1: this isn't OCN with bad depressing lighting! surprised-red-crab-emoticon.gif?12924553so maybe few : maybe another 1-5?

option 2: this is a modern saeguk! what's a saeguk without some tragedy? thinking-red-crab-emoticon.gif?129245536so a fem more + miscellaneous random people from palace we don't care about: so maybe another 6-10?

option 3: they are taking down the monarchy, it will be a revolution! ops-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361: so maybe more than 10?

place your bets chingus!

also, you can place your bet on who you expect next that might disappear.... or wish that would disappear... 

my vote -- ari!

Are we talking about kill counts from the next episode onwards? I'll take option 2. Hahaha we have to start counting bodies from now on to know if we got our bet. We need a villain dead because so far our good guys are outnumbered. 

I want the nanny to go but she has her own set of goons and has the back of the PM. I want Ari to change under Sunny's care.

I was quite surprise that the chief guard killed himself. At first, I thought he could also have a fake death with yura conspiring since they are the only 2 left in the room after lee hyuk gave him the poison. Yura doesn't trust woobin anyway so she can use the chief guard (but he is no use inside the palace since lee hyuk ordered him dead, perhaps outside?). But I guess he is really dead in the drama because the actor playing him already posted goodbye pictures with the other actors.

40 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Dear @Lmangla - I am glad that you did a poll!! :wub:

Let's see... We already witnessed 6 murders/deaths so far...!!! Empress So Hyun, Wang Sik's mom, granny, Ma Pil Joo, chief guard & chief Hong! Then I am in a dilemma. option 2 or option 3.?. I say option 3. 

And for those who  might disappear/would disappear, I vote for both Ari & her Nanny MOM!!! 

kekeke... I agree! ari and nanny are both terrible. @stroppyse calls yura + emperor + his mom as triumvirate of evil but even they don't annoy me as these two who creep me out. so had to think about it and here's why. this bermuda triangle is at parts buffoonery and downright silly but they are human. they are often confused and making up plans as they go, constantly getting outwitted, feel pain, doubt, despair, confusion and yes, a bit of love. in other words, they are bad humans but they still come across as human. had to laugh when penguin's mama wailed "but I want that island! grandmother only gave me this painting??"... in the end, we know that these 3 will reap what they sow and so it is more amusing to see them...

in contrast, ari and nanny come across as diabolical with no feeling except cunning and greed. their every action has been two faced and it is hard to see if there is any human beating heart at all!

30 minutes ago, nakatsubebe said:

Are we talking about kill counts from the next episode onwards? I'll take option 2. Hahaha we have to start counting bodies from now on to know if we got our bet. We need a villain dead because so far our good guys are outnumbered. 

I want the nanny to go but she has her own set of goons and has the back of the PM. I want Ari to change under Sunny's care.

I was quite surprise that the chief guard killed himself. At first, I thought he could also have a fake death with yura conspiring since they are the only 2 left in the room after lee hyuk gave him the poison. Yura doesn't trust woobin anyway so she can use the chief guard (but he is no use inside the palace since lee hyuk ordered him dead, perhaps outside?). But I guess he is really dead in the drama because the actor playing him already posted goodbye pictures with the other actors.

kekeke... yea, we are talking about kill counts from next episode onwards. so yea, we do need to start counting. :sweatingbullets:

from what they have shown of ari, it feels like a demonic child who ran away from some OCN horror/ghost show onto SBS :ph34r:.. her rudeness, outright scheming and putting on a child act when it suits her makes her seem so diabolical that it is hard to expect any genuine niceness.. so far, sunny doesn't seem very sunny to change anyone! :lol:

and I actually thought the guard was forced to kill himself and it wasn't voluntarily. so yura probably had someone do it was my assumption...

11 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

However, the monarchy that this drama depicts isn't a totalitarian regime. Rather, they seem to be depicting a constitutional monarchy of some kind, especially given that they are concerned about the popularity of the royal family.

From my observations , the writer is not consistent as to the extent and influence of the monarchy .She is of course setting up her own world since it is an alternate Korea, but in some ways there is some realism here because it is very similar to countries like Thailand and Malaysia where I am from. The monarchy is constitutional , so the law of the land is decided by an elected parliament. Amendments to the constitution is debated and decided by the elected members of Parliament / senate. But at the same time, the King is required to give consent and can overrule Parliament on some occasions though in practice, the King would consult the Prime Minister. So actual power does not quite belong to the King but yet the politicians and the imperial family are dependent on each other . It is somewhat similar here.  That is why the power struggle here is so complex and conflicted.. And  this is likely why the Imperial family in this drama is very keen on public approval , and is making sure they have their influence not only in politics but in the economy. Very interesting

I have to applaud the young actress playing Ari. I find her character to be even scarier than Min Yu Ra. She's only 9 or 10 but she's ahead of her years when it come to scheming and manipulating. Of course the apple does not fall far from the tree. She is a product of nurture and nature . But I agree that it is not to late to "save" her. 

The last episode was particularly satisfying. I think they could not have found a better actress than Jang Nara to play Oh Sunny. From naive and ingenuous,  she's now braver, wiser and more confident- she's gone through a very well paced realistic transformation . She's clearly got a plan here. Can't wait to see what she's going to do and hoping hot guard and her will team up soon :D

wTBGnew.png

@Lmangla option 2 for me :D 

6 minutes ago, triplem said:

I have to applaud the young actress playing Ari. I find her character to be even scarier than Min Yu Ra. She's only 9 or 10 but she's ahead of her years when it come to scheming and manipulating. Of course the apple does not fall far from the tree. She is a product of nurture and nature . But I agree that it is not to late to "save" her. 

think she is supposed to be 7!!!! :blink: can you imagine such scheming at 7 even if she is a genius? can't remember where but based on the conversation with emperor mama, penguin had a one night stand with nanny 7 years either before or after the previous empress death. can someone confirm if I got this right?

Why does everyone want to get rid of Ah Ri?  I like her and while she was brought up as a little adult she has the chance to change. She was a happy go lucky girl when she was dancing with GED.  I want the nanny to go.  What's up with the relationship between the nanny and LH?  was she just a one night stand for him?  I know she was the former Empress servant, and I believe that her relationship with LH lead to the death of Empress SH.  Why was she not the next empress?  

Yeah  little Ari can make me feel chilled yet amused simultaneously.  haha   However it seems her behavior stems from self-survivor instinct, as she is uncannily smart which makes it easy for her to scan her situation and adjust to it accordingly.  

At the beginning of EP1(which takes place 2019-1/17)  Ari was playing in the yard like any normal child at that age. And it appeared she got the princess title. 

Maybe Ari dropped her bio mom and sided with Sunny because of Sunny’s fortune but over time Sunny was able to bring her back to who she really is, a smart bright girl.   Ari can be a good asset for Sunny, because she knows many things in the palace.

I read  Oh Ah Rin(Ari) appeared in the writer’s Sister is Alive and she created great chemistry with the lead.  The writer must be impressed by her.   I have a feeling she will create good chemistry with JNR.

8dSMs65.png

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181221192322084

** In case someone missed about this: The current eps are about the past.    In EP1, the live news shows the present time in 2019/1/17(Th) which falls on EP18 (my guessing with the actual calendar) when the mummy is discovered.  

Lk52Upc.png

On 12/21/2018 at 7:56 PM, AlexandraReid said:

filming

it seems like SSR had to use the stick due to his injured foot.

SSR also wears some kind of a special shoe for the injured foot. 

I wondered if he got injured during a rampage crashing over things like knocking down a bookcase.  I guess he couldn’t do it again till he recovers.  But without ranting and raging he might look wimpy.  Either he could use a stunt double or order WB to do it for him.  haha Maybe WB could do it topless since I don’t feel there will be any love line in this drama. :(   It seems our writer is too occupied in creating villains to think of anything else <_<

uIy3aEi.gif

cr to DC

conflicted about ari

amused by her wickedness and cunning thinking

vs seriously thinking that kid her age shouldnt be like that

hopefully under sunny's protection and guidance (i dunno how she will get that slotted into her revenge planner)

ari will grow into normal kid, semi normal kid at least

enjoying the last two ep

and bravo to sunny to up make her mind already

let the wheels spin now

i do hope that her family went into hiding just so that she wont be burdened with their safety just yet

though hello might come into the palace to help her sis and that might drive yoon to go back to the palace as well 

for her and woo bin

i think dont rush the romance of whatever

they can work together without working together too i guess

sunny needs to be able to save her own richard simmons before finding herself falling for someone

for now the focus should be on wrecking havoc in the emperial household

hahaha

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

think she is supposed to be 7!!!! :blink: can you imagine such scheming at 7 even if she is a genius? can't remember where but based on the conversation with emperor mama, penguin had a one night stand with nanny 7 years either before or after the previous empress death. can someone confirm if I got this right?

Another poll whahaa    I agree there are many nameless minions swimming around too.  Hopefully WB with  bloody eyes will chopchop them mercilessly?    Sorry at the moment I feel rather frustrated with the pace of OTP love line which looks more like a dying breed in this crazy imperial household.  :persevere:
So option3;  yes to revolution, chopchop   haha 

PS Nanny was supposed to be a secretary to Soheon empress.  I think nanny did something to sow suspicion in LH’s head about the empress. I’m guessing she had a one-night stand before the empress died. It’s possible she is the one who killed the empress.  But why did LH cut off her like that?  

17 hours ago, supergal99 said:

:sweatingbullets:ops sorray for the sudden 'intrusion'- juz flying in to drop this award incase she really really ..disappear :grimace:

2018 Best DramaMaMa award -> child actress Oh Ah Rin*:

*phewweet...!!*

Ok chill dont throw popcorns at me ya!

*flies off quickly*:glasses:

Spoiler

Edit: ops forgot to add this (real) award:

2018 SBS drama music award

Hellooo good to see you  Hopefully there will be more of your flying by intrusion  haha   I’m glad  Ari caught your eye!! :lol:

@nakatsubebe

Oh good to know you are better.   I feel the same way about WB and Sunny. I feel like the writer is too busy with other things to think about OTP love line.  If the writer has any generous feeling for OTP, she might put down a line about a deep side glance between them.  Yeah I better wait for his next drama to see a toe curling love line from him. hehe  :P

EADxlXk.gif

zcS29AY.gif

cr to DC

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Now I wonder, is the PM a good person being used/manipulated by Nanny? considering Grandmama wanted to hand over those documents to him..... Or is he another evil being too?

my feel is that he is being manipulated by nanny. notice how she promises him that they will be together and how she and ari are grateful. she always seems keen on seducing him. so maybe he has some ulterior motives like power but there is also some romantic honey pot kind of trap happening where he might see himself as the hero who saves this woman and child and they become his family.

Archived