Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

For the love of... after seeing all these depressing posts, I'm depressed myself! Song Hye Kyo had really outdone herself this time with such great acting! I'm refraining watching the episodes but every time I see gifs, photos, and dialogues from her, I can't help my heart from breaking. Amidst her character growth throughout, I think ep 14 also proved that CSH is after all just a woman who loves others without boundaries and is still afraid to love herself fully. She embodies pure and unselfish love and that's why it's so heartbreaking to see her in this state. I think although the writer is still flawed, I think the way she had written CSH's character is close to perfection.

In the end, seriously, this storm too shall pass! After all, no storms last forever and I believe it's the same for SH and JH. We will have our happy ending. 

PS.

even sweets right now seem hard to swallow :tears:

• Like 9
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 2

I have just finished Encounter ep.14 with subtitle, I think it is the least reasonable one among 14 episodes which I used to praise Writer Nim’s logic.

- KJH’s mom still objected, that is just one unfavorable factor in KJH&CSH’s love life.

Several sons’ moms in this world might object to their son’s choice of girlfriend.

Classic Love triangle in the world is Mom’s love and girl’s love to only one man, even with different kind of love but to the same man.

Such man,whom mom might think he will have loved mom the most since he was born, is starting to love another woman in his life so dearly.

This might shock moms’ heart when she firstly know and some moms might start to evaluate her son’s girlfriend with bias mind. 

It might be understandable that no girl is good enough for her dear and valuable son at the very beginning, too low&too high&too fancy&too lively&too flirt&too beautiful whatever moms could forejudge.

I was angry to the scene when CSH discussed with Secretary Jang with anger that CSH underestimated KJH about handling unpleasant situations.

Several incidents during ep.1-14 has not proved to CSH that KJH has guts to tackle things here and there, KJH is not weak but strong and tough enough with good sense of approach properly eg. Cuba, Sokcho relocation, recommendation to forgive once which made the board of directors problem solve.

If CSH trust KJH, KJH can handle his mom as he knows his mom well for 30 years. 

Why would this overrule any others’ favorable factors in CSH’s love life with the recent and current situation?

- KJH dearly loves CSH from the bottom of his heart, if CSH feel the same, she can love and stay with KJH to express her love and make KJH happy, being by KJH’s side.

KJH and his info have already been revealed to the public, dating or break up can not bring KJH&family’s lives back to normal as nothing happen. 

Break up now does not help to improve any things in KJH&his family’s life at all. 

When KJH’s mom requested for break up to bring back normal life, the smart woman as CEO CSH should know the fact that break up does not help improving the situation, CSH should be able to logically think much better than KJH’s mom who is just in small society and choose to live CSH’s love life with KJH.

(KJH’s mom was still shocked from CSH’s grand opening with bombarding info to a normal mom from KJH’s girlfriend eg. Headline news, Sokcho relocation, Couple rings, KJH’s deep love, KJH’s dad’s &KJH’s little brother’s warm welcome, Teacher Lee’s acquaintance, Neighbor’s request to indirectly not credit KJH’s ability in work, coming more in her bias mind)  

Why would break up idea be the choice that CSH is thinking to choose NOW? 

This decision might be unreasonably brought up here because we are watching ep. 14, just 2 more episodes to end  so the writer nim requires to create tense situation to hurt both KJH and CSH. 

If so, please make it be more reasonable with more guts to CSH.

Everything has been solved in favorable ways as I mentioned earlier in this forum:  

- CSH’s dad made his political career’s choice, not dependent to the chaebol anymore, which resulted in much less burden to CSH’s life. 

- Donghwa Hotel with Board of Directors has been solved about backfire from Director Choi by Mr.Nam’s helping hands. 

- CSH has already cleared with Ex-husband about what he did and told him no need more. 

- KJH’s work is doing well with PR team. 

- KJH’s dad expressed his welcome to CSH, CSH with her wise sense should be able to catch KJH’s dad’s positive response, KJH’s little brother also showed his support. 

- Last but not least, CSH should be the one who knows how much KJH loves CSH and how miserable KJH will be if CSH requests to break up now when KJH has moved from interest, attraction, fondness, affection, to the stage of deeply love., as same as CSH. 

Break up is the heartbreaking choice for both KJH and CSH, much more than let KJH face some obstacles from dating CSH, revealing KJH&his info to the public has been already occurred and can not solve from break up, too late to correct this issue now with this separation. 

In summary, I can not find the good reason to support the story in ep.14 with attempt to lead audiences watch CSH’s pressure to make her choice of break up, inspiration just from KJH’s mom to break up is too weak to convince audiences to count down 2 more episodes to end with climax situation.

I gave very low score to the writer nim for this ep. 14 and deduct some credit to the production house to let the script flows this way, it ruins the magic of splendid storyline and differentiated script that Encounter has done before with high appreciation.

If the writer nim choose this break up in coming episode, I think about permanent break up might be the good choice for the end of Encounter because I might have to presume that the writer nim has created CSH’s unreasonable personality to repeatedly request for break up from time to time eg. this time by KJH’s mom, next time from any other obstacles, in coming times from external factors...Live a life or being in relationship will not be smooth as silk and have only happy hours but faceing thick and thin situations together is a real life.

Let free up KJH and KJH’s character be in peaceful mind without anxiety

, let CSH be in her world which dare not to have a love life, and no need to hurt both of them more by permanent break up as audiences can not watch KJH&CSH’s lives after Encounter ep.16.

Otherwise, Writer Nim, if you did not intend to destroy what you create KJH and CSH to the Kdrama world, please please keep being on track with amazing storyline and script in Encounter ep.15-16 to draw CSH &KJH with a good choice in life reflecting the favorable situations from KJH&CSH’s wise actions and supporting family&friends for episodes. There might be coming obstacles as same as other human beings, KJH&CSH has walked too far to ruin the magic of the word “Encounter” and “Boyfriend” by silly decision.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

And her words underlines a certain delusion: she assumes that JH's love for her will never change too. Yet I doubt that once JH knows about his mother's action, he will still love her like before. This will change him... such a disappointment which will help him to put some boundaries towards his mother. To me, her words clearly show that she thinks, she will remain his biggest love. CSH as such is not the problem in the end... it is the other woman in general. So this oedipal complex hasn't been solved.  

You know I am reading your words and remembering SH seeing JH's happy face on the phone in an early episode talking to someone who SH thinks is probably a girlfriend. JH  later tells her no I'm not seeing anyone--it was my mom. Totally creeps me out now. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 9

28 minutes ago, sugarbunnee said:

What makes it worse for me is that she overheard JH telling his dad how much he liked her and couldn't imagine living without her and decided to just blatantly ignore his feelings. She knows that SH is a decent person and was preying on her love for her son to get her to break up with him and that is what makes it soooooo wrong for me.  Oh yeah the fact that some of it may be motivated by a certain sense of possessiveness towards JH is messed up as well.

This also makes the entire thing so cringe worthy for me. Yes, she is a mother who is concerned but...

She knows that her son loves SH and can’t live without her but still went to SH to ask her to break-up with him behind his back

His son told her straight to her face that she loved both SH and her equally but in a different way but still had to insist that HER love will never change and implied that SH might. How could she know? She barely knows SH. They were wearing couple rings for crying out loud. It is a serious relationship

I know a lot of you guys are upset with how JH’s mum is being dragged in this forum right now, and I don’t know if the writer is doing this deliberately but JH’s mum just struck me as

1. Possessive 

2. Jealous (that SH might steal JH away from her. God forbid she will be no longer the center of JH’s universe)

3. Someone with a hint of a Jocasta complex (given how she strongly favors JH over the other son and the other two factors I’ve listed above)

Rant over.

PS: A bit bummed that the rating dipped but at this point I just want a happy episode 15 and 16!

• Like 10
  • Sad 8

Earlier in the thread someone wrote that they were watching it mainly for the excellent execution of the story, and they were right.  Boyfriend is really well done, more unpredictable than most dramas that I watch, and both of these factors (plus the actors!) have combined to make me fall in love with the drama! So I agree with the many, many people that I can’t tag right now because I’m on mobile LOL, that a drama cute as this with a soundtrack as cute as this could never have a sad ending. 

Seriously, this is a bop.  It's taken over the number 1 spot from the Saltnpaper song as my favorite OST. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

‘ ‘Boyfriend ‘Park Bo-Gom, a lover Song Hye Kyo Bakgwiim enter 18/01/2019 08:18.....

20190118081858390rjwt.jpgView larger image

[TV report = Park Yu-ji reporter] 'Boyfriend' Park Bo-gom received a favorable response from viewers, drawing a variety of emotional lines ranging from solid politics towards Song Hye-gyo to deep family affairs.

Kim Jin-hyuk (Park Bo-gum) met Cha Cha-hyun (Moon Sung-Keun), the father of Cha Seo-hyun, on the 17th TVN drama 'Boyfriend' (Yoo Young-

On this day, Kim Jin-hyuk in "Boyfriend" He is the first person to know what love is. So I want to take responsibility for that love. "He expressed his love without hesitation. It is also clear that he has a firm belief in Cha Seo-hyun in his apparent tone and expression.

Park 's love law was the same for the family. He fought with his friends and heard the news of Kim Jin-myung (police officer) at the police station and headed straight to the place. He entered the police box and sat beside Kim Jin-myung alone. Then you can hold your hand without asking any kind of lettuce.

Afterwards, Kim Jin-hyuk and Kim Jin-myeong sat in the playground together. Kim Jin - hyuk said, "It 's wrong to listen to family scolding. I did a good job. "

In particular, Park has a calm yet deep voice that expresses the heart of Jinhyeok. It is a warm and unobtrusive voice that shines without splendor in the audience.

In this way, as well as a firm belief in the beloved black beloved, he also gave a sound to the house theater with a warm and warm figure.

Meanwhile, 'Boyfriend' is broadcast every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 pm.

Luckyim@tvreport.co.kr / photo = tvn 'boyfriend' screen capture...source credit @https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20190118081858286#none

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Borrowing lines from another drama and modifying it a bit because it's related to the Ep. 14 conflict, I address this to Jin Hyuk's Omma:

Jin hyuk Ommoni, Do you think you can win over Jin Hyuk?

And even if you do win, will it be a real victory?

Parents can't win over their children.

He (Jin Hyuk in his conversation with you) didn't say a single wrong thing. 

Spoiler

Lines from Reply 1988 where Sun Woo's Omma was very much opposed to her son marrying Bora.

Parents especially mothers (I think the mothers in the thread can relate to this) tend to write novels for their children, crafting a blueprint for their lives by themselves and without letting their children in to compose it with them. Hence, when their child veers away from the plot they've drafted, they panic and resist. If the opposition is reasonable and they have had a good relationship with their child, there is a chance to put the child back on track but if the resistance is misguided (as in the case of Jin Hyuk's Omma), an independent, free-spirited, level-headed and wise son as Jin Hyuk is, will hold fast to the choice he has made. As someone posted, his love for Soo Hyun is non-negotiable.

By the way, it takes two to break up, right? I don't think Jin Hyuk will yield to it? Do you remember the first time Soo Hyun suggested to him to part ways? His smart proposition was "No news is good news." I look forward to Jin Hyuk's creative way of confronting Soo Hyun's break-up plan in Ep.15.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

Parents especially mothers (I think the mothers in the thread can relate to this) tend to write novels for their children, crafting a blueprint for their lives by themselves and without letting their children in to compose it with them. Hence, when their child veers away from the plot they've drafted, they panic and resist. 

You worded this so beautifully. I can relate to this, I am not a mother but this hit close to home with my experience with my own mother. I’m sure the others can relate to this too

Anyway, I also agree that JH won’t give up that easily. I’m also sure that SH won’t go on with her plans (I’m still rooting for you CSH!)

Aaaaaand I’m also sure that somehow we’ll end up in Cuba again. They spent a month filming there, right? :D

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

: Kalp:

9246232a3f8.gif

ac750c72fda.gif

8d20b4e2a65.gif

Spoiler

0148ffc8a8f.gif

8999b94b2f8.gif

70d1c125bfe.gif

Cr: dmitory

Spoiler

7_80.gif

8_80.gif

7pEJSTVJVCsK82aoesOKs8.jpg

546PLiVplusE4aWm26GOsG.jpg

Cr: dmitory

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

Sadly, the mother looks so weak when compared to CSH. She's passive, possessive, and naive all rolled into one. She doesn't want her son talked about--welcome to the real world. EVERYBODY is talked about at some point in their life. The comparison about how a mother's love won't fade vs CHS love will.  Does she want JH to remain single for the rest of his life. The mother is really disappointing to me because she seems childlike in her thought process. I'm not saying she doesn't have a right to worry about her son and the type of woman he marries, however, she's going a bit too far for the wrong reasons in my opinion. 

On a different note, I love the depiction of the moon embracing the sun at 2:15 into the video.  Reminds me of the drama TMTETS.

The dads have been the best.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Just when real world is stressful enough, here comes 2 stressful episodes in a row. If this plot happens in earlier episodes, its easy to accept but with only 2 remaining, i don't know what to think.

I am still trying to be positive. Anything can happen. Its just that at this point, i don't want to think anymore.

What should i 

believe now:

The director saying  the drama is about the beautiful process of love, heart-fluttering and we just need to sit back and relax(relax? we are tensed and stressed)

Or

The write ups that this is a tragic, ill-fated love story.

2 eps tackling JH mother doing... why spend 2 ep and to carry on till next ep?. I thought it will be resolve in ep 14. So, the real villain is Jh mother? 

When SHk was asked to describe her character.... CSH regain her happiness and freedom after meeting JH. But 14 eps has passed and she has not gain her freedom, her battle from her past is still on and with the taegyeong is still not settled. Happiness? Where is it? This is my hope for the next ep, in what ever form it is, im not sure anymore.

Just when i thought their relationship is so solid after all they have been through. Then comes Jh mother and everything start crumbling for Sh. Jh family being exposed to public eyes is not new. Isn't Jh said... he had no solutions for it now, but will find way to resolve it.  Throughout, Jh is consistent, he is giving his all. And i wish Sh will do the same.

I just wish for the best for the last 2 ep.

I don't believe in foreshadowing but Jh handling the wedding events for spring in the PR dept is just like him handling the masquerade in the year end event.

And Cuba... i still believe for a 3rd trip to cuba. Like some of you said, they spent 1 month there and they said, shooting was everyday.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

You know when you have a true friend...when they feel your paint to the point of crying with you.  When CSH and her secretary was at the outside stand/bar/tent, that scene really touched my heart. True friends.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1