[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

41 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Anyone watching with VIU subs? Its the streaming sites ones. How does it compare to the viki subs?  I have been using the viki ones. I plan to rewatch this drama and wondered which was better.

Spoiler

I’m watching with VIU subs but never tried the viki ones so can’t exactly compare. But what I like is I can watch the Encounter with Eng subs sometimes earlier than 4 hours after Korean airtime instead of waiting 12 hrs coz I subscribe as premium user.  You can just upload the app and watch it for free if only for rewatching purpose I believe and make your own judgment on which one is better.

Btw, yes, some have commented that JH will never agree to another break up proposal from SH, so it is still one of those possibilities. It was just my selfish thought of wanting to see him wailing in a very heartbroken way so I can empty those tissue boxes that I have purchased since last week in preparation for the last weeks of  Encounter.. CSH have successfully done it for me this week.. so it’d be JH’s turn since they have the habit to reciprocate what the other’s did :tongue:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

Actually chingu, many have posted about KJH stopping CSH from breaking up with him. 

I also posted that the reason why her mom was drinking alone was because she was feeling guilty and regret what she did.

Hide contents

Hope things are doing good for you irl life too. Fighting!

@dukesa1122

In my opinion, KJH’s mom’s soju is the result of KJH’s discussion because of the weight of yes or no. 

When I rewatched private discussion between KJH and KJH’s mom, I can sense the several messages from KJH that he is sending to his mom. 

KJH is serious with CSH to the level that he mentioned love CSH equal to his mom.

Plus, KJH mentioned that if mom is okay with CSH, KJH will be happy.

The meaning by KJH’s soft voice to firmly ask mom to think:

- KJH loves CSH and wanna live his life by CSH’s side. He does not wanna explore more people as mom asked to. 

- KJH loves CSH equal to mom, if mom ask KJH to choose, mom can not force him to choose mom and leaves CSH. If CSH does not ask KJH to choose but mom does, be careful KJH's a certain change. 

- If mom does not like CSH, KJH will not be happy. 

KJH’s mom might have to rethink about the scenario that KJH knew about mom did to CSH negatively.

Would mom take a risk to see the effect of her beloved son’s dissatisfaction with mom and his reaction from such disappointment?

I watched this scene and noticed KJH’s strong announcement to his mom with kind gesture, pleasing voice, and firm content. 

KJH’s mom might be thrilled from KJH’s approach whether mom should take a risk to see another side of her nice son. 

KJH has been a good son for parents for his life time, not be in trouble when parents are busy but he has enjoyed reading which make him be more thoughtful and can graduate to let parents proud.

CSH’s matter might be the first big KJH’s request in his life to his mom, it is quite heavy consideration for mom to dare saying no. 

Typical mom in some countries might be implicitly afraid of her beloved son’s unpleasant action. 

I really hope for KJH’s mom’s action, Teacher Lee’s action, KJH’s dad’s action before CSH’s action to request break up because I am afraid of KJH’s unexpected reaction from knowing about CSH’s being requested to break up too. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

@NongpeeP

There is alot of KJH in your post. :D

And yes. Because of their discussion she realized that by asking CSH to break up with her son, her son might be very depressed and might not be the same again. Now she felt guilty and regretted why she did what she did. Im not saying anything different. :thumbsup:

@leedonghaek

Thanks for the HD gifs, as usual. I love the Cuban KJH. With that button downed polo and hormonal alpha male :lol: Aigooo! Too sexy!

Spoiler

Ah yes. She once said in an interview, it is easier for her to make the audiences cry than to make them laugh. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

Channel 7 won the Korean version of the famous ENCOUNTER "Park Bo Gum - Song Hye Kyo” on the Thai TV

Channel 7 won the Korean version of the famous ENCOUNTER "Park Bokom - Song Hyuk Yo" on the Thai TV
18 Jan 62 (15:13) 

Celebrity series that fans Looking for a long time, like the ENCOUNTER series,   which is a strong news from the launch of her magnetic level. Is going to have good news for Thai fans

The series that launched it since the first episode aired in Korea for a series of ENCOUNTER  orbital met during the pulses of wave came and Song Hye-kyo The highest ratings compared to the series. That aired at the same time Is about to broadcast on Channel 7 HD in 2019, without revealing the Thai language title

In this story, Park Bo Gum  raised the national husband's platform. From the Korean movie series Love us, the moon is the heart (LOVE IN THE MOONLIGHT) must come to play as Kim Jin Hyuk, an ordinary young man. That is bright optimistic Opposite the heroine  Song Hye-kyo from the legendary series Korean movie series Life for the nation This love for you(DESCENDENT OF THE SUN) plays the role of SooHyun, daughter of a famous politician. But must live in the framework of the family With a different status, they both faced many obstacles. And changed their lives forever

Kim Jin Hyuk (Park Bo Gum) A young man from an ordinary family Who want to live a teenage life to the fullest Before starting work life He decided to travel to Cuba. Made by chance, he met with tea Soo Hyun (Song Hye-kyo).Divorced woman And is the president of a large hotel chain She also came to negotiate business in Cuba as well. Although it was a short time, but they were impressed. And good feelings for each other. After returning to Korea, Kim Jin Hyuk joined the Dong Hwa Hotel, where Chusu Hyun was the president. Causing the two to meet again From good feelings, it continues to become love. Not long afterwards, their relationship was revealed. But different status Causing the relationship of the couple to encounter many obstacles Both from the disagreement of Ma Su Hyun's mother who wants her to reconcile with her old husband And former mother-in-law Waiting to investigate And persecuted for the fight against Dong Hoa Hotel from her, 

What will their love be? Do not forget to follow up on the 7HD channel soon.

encounter.jpg

Photo album of 13 images of Channel 7 won the Korean series "ENCOUNTER", "Park Bo Gum- Song Hye Ky” on the Thai TV screen.

encounter                                 Soure Credit @https://www.sanook.com/movie/84121/
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

@dukesa1122 Oh but rewatching it just won’t have the same magic. You know what I mean? I sometimes wish I can erase it from my memory so I can watch it again fresh. I am such a drama queen, I know

And yes, Cuba KJH is the best KJH. 

Spoiler

Specially that part during the balcony kiss where CSH already pulled away but KJH wanted more. Then they were both smiling while kissing. Ah, those were the good times!

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

@stardustvoid

I know when I really love a drama when I re-watch it. Coz when I re-watch it and find out scenes or things that i missed the first time I watch it, that means I really like the drama enough to pay more attention to it. And this is one of those dramas that you’ll need to watch more than once to fully appreciate. I have the entire drama downloaded from Viu. :lol:

Aigooo. That balcony kiss was just delivered so sweetly, it’ll be one of the best kissing scenes for me. Sure, I’ve seen other kdramas that have hot and steamy kisses but this one was just delivered so perfectly with what they were both feeling, you can actually understand why they were kissing so urgently and heated like that!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Aigooo. That balcony kiss was just delivered so sweetly, it’ll be one of the best kissing scenes for me. Sure, I’ve seen other kdramas that have hot and steamy kisses but this one was just delivered so perfectly with what they were both feeling, you can actually understand why they were kissing so urgently and heated like that!

Word. It was so sincere. Their eyes and smiles at the end says it all :wub: I’m sure the FINALE KISS, which the universe owes us, will be just as sweet.

• Like 9
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

Similarities between Boyfriend and Notting Hill but everything in Korean. I hope someone can translate.

Ohh, i'd love to know the translation too..

With the similarities between BF and NH that he has shown, maybe the same kind of ending?:D

Spoiler

NCqy424.jpg

Maybe JH and SH in Cuba Garden?

Oh yes.. one similarity: THE GARDEN

that wooden chair in Nothing Hill garden was from old couple who use to sit down and spending time together in that garden. Isn't it the same as Granpa Samuel and his late wife? 

• Like 15
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 3

@stardustvoid

no need for benches, they can just lie on the grass :wub:

Now that I think about it, it is A BIT similar to NH.

1) The guy from NH owns a bookshop and is a book worm himself

2) The guy lead has this funny and stupid roomate that’s very similar to PO

3) Girl lead is a celebrity

4) Girl lead announced at the press con who the guy is

• Like 12
  • LOL 5

Hello. This is my first time posting in this drama forum. But I am hating his mother for doing what she did. She could have met with both of them and told them her concerns. I really hope the elope to Cuba and live there. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

So after all that week plus all the doom and gloom here was expecting ep 13 and 14 to be bad. 

What duh? It was 2 lovely episodes. The OTP still progressed. The difficulties are there but restrained. In fact everyone is restrained.  I mean we all knew that those 2 were going to have a lot of obstacles. But it was shown in a sensitive way. I mean, the mother was pretty darn passive if you're talking about break up demands.

I honesly don't even see any work colleagues obstacles at work. I mean we all know there has to be a point in the drama where break up talks emerged. I found it really refreshing actually- since the lead is female rather than male- that the whole older partner and scandalous divorcee is a female. Because when it is the poor divorced female who is the female lead- she gets a hellalot worse from the guy's side. What CSH experienced is mild. She is living alone unlike the usual male lead who is still with the parents.

You know I am surprised none of you even thought- did I miss the optimistic posts?- that KJH will somehow stop her from breaking up with him? Their visuals are amazing together. I am talking about the ending date. Even if they are not celebrities or CSH's being a famous person, their looks alone will get 2nd take.

Or that the Mother might regret and pluck up her courage to support her son. And defend CSH as her daughter in law?

I am not a glass half full sort of person. In fact have had a pretty shifty week at work. And when my work is shitty it means people die or people have been told they are going to die. So yeah, this drama or ep 13 and 14 have been pretty predictable. It is predicted to be sad and I was happy that the drama managed to do so in a dignified way 

CSH is a pitiful figure. I felt so sorry for her. SHG is such a good actress. You could feel her heart breaking when the mother told her to break up.

Wouldn't you hope the mother will be moved by her tears and  her son's confession and changed her opinion?

Sorry to cut up your original post. I think all the doom and gloom was because hardly anyone guessed that JH's timid looking mom would be the one who is against their relationship. And she told SH to break up without JH or JH's dad's knowledge. And seeing SH cry her heart out not just once but several times was really heartbreaking to watch. It didn't help that the last scene showed SH voiceover saying she's going to breakup with him. 

Probably everyone do not want a breakup especially since we're down to the last two episodes of the series. I for one do not want to see the remaining episodes showing them apart and unhappy, and then let them be reunited during the last ten minutes. So of course, I'm putting my faith on JH not to agree to a breakup. 

• Like 13
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

Care to see another similarity? @stardustvoid @dukesa1122 @gumtaek

Reveal hidden contents

I think the writer loved the movie. The conference scene just screams Notting Hill.  :-) 

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images, even if in spoilers. Thanks.
  • Like 7

42 minutes ago, htk9207 said:

I think the writer loved Notting Hill. The conference scene just screams Notting Hill.  :-) 

Yup, pages ago after the ending of ep 6 , i've mentioned it, also many chingus here were realized the similarity in the press conf.. 

I probably already watched NH more than 20 times, but little did i know that the similarity wasn't only in press conf, but other aspects as well in the Youtube clip @gumtaek mentioned above. 

The painting mentioned by the youtuber and the painting in Boyfriend which @ahdrianaa explained

Spoiler

s3vK2FL.jpg

Actually i really amazed by Encounter. We found new things to disscuss about each time..

When will we find another gem like this?

@dukesa1122

Spoiler

Told ya! We're aiming for 400 pages thread :D.. it's even the final ep for weekend drama and this thread is in HOT thread :lol:

• Like 21
  • Love 1