[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

It is going to be a hard decision for Jin-Hyeok as well. He has suffered because of people around Soo-Hyun but will he let his family "suffer" as well just because he loves her?:weary: 

Although this "suffering" is only a short time thing comparing to a long lasting ever after:love: so I hope both, Jin-Hyeok's mother and Soo-Hyun comes around.

Not sure how it is going to go down but can't wait for the last two episode:glasses:

Here is a recap of episode 14: https://www.asiandrama4u.com/encounter-episode-14-recap/ 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, twtwb said:

More than anyone else, Cha Soo Huyn understands how Kim Jin Huyk treasures and values his family. 

More than anyone else, Cha Soo Huyn appreciates the happy and peaceful atmosphere that exists in his family.

Thank you for your beautiful sharing. I really appreciate that you could put things in perspective so well.

I agree with all that you've pointed out and I love the above reminders. It's too apt because it brings us back to the most important consideration for a possible break up - it's precisely because of the above 2 reasons that she might be disrupting if she carries on with KJH. She can't bear to put him in a difficult position with his mum and she can't bear to be the one to bring pain to his family too. Having witnessed JM being hurt over their dating is enough for her. Do we want her to wait for more to happen to his family before his mum comes to her again? That'll be worse.

May I add one more:

More than anything else, CSH is the last person to want to break up with KJH because she loves him so much, enough to violate her contract and forego her dream - Donghwa Hotel. She put him first above anything else. She went to great trouble to get the camera for him because she knows it means a lot to him. She was concerned about him settling down in Sokcho and she spoke with HI to find out. She longs to be part of his family with all the happiness that she had witnessed. She felt her emptiness even more profoundly after that dinner when she went home. She wanted to experience the company and  warmth of a homemeal so she organised one at her home. She found a guy who matters more than anything else in her life. I doubt she wants a breakup at all.

She, of all people, would know what it's like to subject KJH's family to unfair judgement in the public glare. She should know the trauma that his family will face. I can say that she's an amazing person because she does not want to let them suffer because of her; because his family did not sign up for it and because she understands his mum is hurting a lot and where she's coming from. 

Not a word came out from her mouth during the fiasco. She sat there quietly sobbing. She could have objected and use their love as a negotiating tool to carry on with the relationship. She could say that she can't leave KJH or he can't leave her. She didn't. Because she could see his mum suffering already and it pains her so much. She must have felt shameful of her past and sorry that it had affected his mum and family so much. These all came after the happy meal she shared at their home. It was false hope after all.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

RA. D’s Fairy Tale, Part 8 in Encounter’s OST

The lyrics is so spot on

Especially when they played this when CSH was lying down, crying while remembering her memories with KJH on her bed. :tears:

Here’s the eng trans lyrics:

A fairy tale where you, whom I love
Comes to me and beautifully kisses me when I open the door

A fairy tale where I hold you and dance
On a street when it’s just us two at night

Every day, I spent days like that with you
In my fairy tale-like dreams
I didn’t want to open my eyes

I don’t want to wake up and go back
I want to hold you and dream a little longer
All of these stories seemed like they’d disappear

If I open my eyes

Sometimes, I think about being where you’re not
I get so afraid, I freeze up

That kind of day doesn’t exist for me
My days have fallen into you

In all my moments, you’re there, that hasn’t changed
I’ll leave the spot you used to be in, just as it is

My heart is completely filled with you
There’s still so much I want to do for you

If I open my eyes

That kind of day doesn’t exist for me
My days have fallen into you

Day by day, though it hurts, to the point where my heart falls
I’ll always remain here like this

If I open my eyes

My days that have fallen into you
Are just a lonely fairy tale

• Like 9
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

Your comment in this part made me thrill whether CSH learnt from her ex-husband how to find way to break up that KJH can not object. I remember that Secretary Jang mentioned sending sth to CSH’s personal email, not office email, is it the clue?

Yes that's the worry . She also said to WS that he should have been considerate enough not to hurt the other person's feelings when breaking up.. how can CSH breakup with JH without hurting his feelings?  Maybe time off ? Or would she just go overseas for sometime or make JH go abroad? It had been hinted in earlier episode that ppl are also sent abroad.. maybe she thinks she could just put distance n pretend to lose interest in him ( she did thank WS for teaching her abt breakup)... but these are things that happen in mid of series not towards the end..

CSH may tell JH to live with today's beautiful memory for a year and as a time off.. again? 

Also while it's common in kdrama where one of the otp goes on a perfect date n tries to breakup ( why anyone would do that if they really want to breakup is beyond me .. noble thing doesn't work in real world).... wouldn't expect that in this thoughtful and beautiful kdrama.. so still hoping for no breakup or something unexpected!!

Sec Jang mentioned something abt overseas business reg that email.. maybe CSH uses that trip as an excuse to put distance

• Sad 5

7 hours ago, stardustvoid said:

You worded this so beautifully. I can relate to this, I am not a mother but this hit close to home with my experience with my own mother. I’m sure the others can relate to this too

Anyway, I also agree that JH won’t give up that easily. I’m also sure that SH won’t go on with her plans (I’m still rooting for you CSH!)

Aaaaaand I’m also sure that somehow we’ll end up in Cuba again. They spent a month filming there, right? :D

Now that I've calmed down a bit, I wonder how can she do it (if she really say it to him)

she can't just cut ties with Jinhyuk unlike some couples out there,

same workplace, he knows where her home is, he knows where to find her and talk! (and he is very persistent)

even IF Jinhyuk can't get through her, he'll go to Mijin, Mr Nam (or even Soohyun's dad), or chat with his advisor, the tea lady!

I know the tea lady has promised not to tell anyone a word, so I'm totally relying this on Mijin! (Jinhyuk might have known, but I really want Mijin to tell him he is Soohyun's first love)

Need to get those cupids working, everyone is rooting for them except the mothers

She is willing to go against her own mother, her ex in-law but not Jinhyuk's mother

cause she knows Jinhyuk loves his family dearly, I don't expect she will be the one hinting to Jinhyuk it's his mum though

=

Speaking of Cuba is there any scenes have yet to be aired? Fan accounts / photos / videos?

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

Hello everyone, first time wrote a comment here.

I think both Jin-Hyuk and Soo-Hyun really need to communicate and address all of their problems. They both are facing so much difficulties from everyside and the only reasonable solution is to overcome it together. I hope they can sit together and list all of the obstacles they need to face. Both fathers blessing are already given to them and that's huge thing. Mr Nam, Sec Jang, Daecan Hyung, Jin-Myung, Lee Seonsangnim and even Hye-In are already root and cheer for them. 

Both Jin-Hyuk and Soo-Hyun are the same for keeping some information for themselves in order to not making the others uncomfortable or worry and that's really not healthy for the relationship. On the latest episode is like when jin-hyuk doesn't tell the reason why jin-myung arrested just so soo-hyun doesn't feel guilty, or soo-hyun doesn't tell anything to jin-hyuk about her meeting with his mom just so jin-hyuk doesn't feel bad about her mom's action. Even if soo-hyun really know and understand jin-hyuk character to the point that she can predict what will he do if he have known, but it can't justify his action for keeping it for jin-hyuk. Vice versa for jin-hyuk too that he should share and discuss with soo-hyun about what happen with jin-myung.

Just talk to each other properly for god sake, speak openly every little problems and worries and take action together. And the happy ending might happen.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Guys just want to get your opinion regarding JH’s proposal to SH. Is he asking her to marry him or is it just asking her if there’s a possibility? I mean, he’s giving clues where he’s comfortable with her place and all. It’s just all too sudden, but I love it. It somehow tells us where they are headed. 

• Like 6

Hello everyone:):):)

I'm finally off duty and can catch up on episode 13 and 14 but I've seen spoilers and I feel like my heart is in for some serious ache.:bawling:Should I wait for wednesday thursday?:grimace:

Pls writernim...Give this beautiful couple a happy ending they deserve...I dont want just an encounter..:bawling: but a happily ever after....Such beautiful souls uri couple..they dont deserve a sad ending:bawling: SH is happier and went back to her original self thanks to JH and JH already cant imagine his life without her...so please..:bawling:

Thank you guyz for ur updates in here...I've been silently browsing whenever I can..:heart:

Ok...off to watch ep 13 and 14...wish me luck:bawling:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I think what SH had learned from WS in terms of breaking up with someone was to not do it in a way which left that person feeling hurt, humiliated and shamed by the world.

So, SH has a final date with JH where they do things that she remembers JH had said that he wanted them to do. She had been a bit skeptical at the time he mentioned it, especially because of the attention they would attract, but this time she did everything and was even publicly affectionate, holding hands, etc. Then her plan is to tell him that they will break up after they've had that date.

And, of course, I'm hoping that SH finds that she can't go through with it, or that JH won't accept it, so the break up part doesn't happen. Can't wait for ep 15 to see what direction they take it in.

Thank you for pointing this out. This is one of the reasons why I don’t think a break-up will happen. The more I analyse the episode.

You don’t just break-up with someone after giving him the perfect date. It will be too cruel, and SH is not like that. And what was the point of her being so affectionate with him in public if she was about to toss him aside afterwards, right? Regarding her audible thoughts in the end, it harks back to the ending scene in episode 4 where she was telling JH to stay away, in her head, but we all know it did not end up that way

So yeah, episde 15 will be interesting. Fingers and toes crossed!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Thanks very much @twtwb dai-gor and this thread’s sunbaenims.  It has been a great joy reading all the analyses and wonderful recaps of this beautiful modern fairytale.

Just delurking now to add that I think ep 14 presents to us the last demon opposing our pure and precious SooJin couple: Soohyun’s own mind.   Even the three witches ie the mother figures who can’t/don’t want to love Soohyun, are not as formidable as Soohyun’s personal cage of insecurities.  

She has endured years of neglect even prior to her marriage into Taegyeong, from both her Lady MacBeth of a mother and her loving but passive father.  So it is understandable that she really broke down when Jinhyuk’s mother, the only mum in the story whom she would most like approval and acceptance, repudiates her and became the embodiment of Soohyun’s greatest fears.  

Us viewers know realistically that JH’s mummy can be won over given time and patience.  Soojin already has JH’s papa and Jinmyung on their side, while Cha papa has given his blessing.  Soojin’s inner circle all approve wholeheartedly.  The only barrier left is Soohyun herself. 

My hope for ep 15 is that Soohyun truly awakens and fights her own demons.  We can’t rely on Jinhyuk to help (and he has helped plenty already although to no avail it seems - two proposals, couple rings, his resolution of the Cuban crisis et al) as this is Soohyun’s personal battle.  Anyway, it will be so so satisfying to see this princess rescue herself: before she can love another person she will first have to love herself.  

Having written all that, our Encounter writer-nim probably meant ep 14 to be completely different to my interpretation! 

Er...I’ll go back to lurking...but a Shoutout to @applegirl2 chingu first. :-D

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Sorry if I'm repeating here. I can't keep up with all the posts :-)

8llW6F65eVnXTVKBuvwas31MvuRbFqNS9HWnTHW5

This is the scene where mom confronted dad about merging the parties and withdrawing from the candidacy. The scene ended with dad saying "I need you to help me with something".

In an earlier episode, dad mentioned something about Mom getting illicit funds from Taegyeong. And now that he has withdrawn his candidacy for President, and settled personal affairs (leaving daughter in the good hands of KJH), I think he's about to drop a bombshell. I think he is asking mom to help him gather evidence (perhaps record a conversation with evil mother-in-law) then he will surrender to the authorities for using illicit funds. 

Just my guess.  What do you think?

53 minutes ago, twtwb said:

Kim Jin Huyk once said "just because a person disappears does not mean love disappear". 

This stuck me and they have brought out this story twice in this series..in Ep 14 as well.. CSH may decide to disappear for a while..going abroad and remain incommunicado with JH !! While I really don't want this to happen..it is  highly probable!! 

1 hour ago, shyguitar said:

Guys just want to get your opinion regarding JH’s proposal to SH. Is he asking her to marry him or is it just asking her if there’s a possibility? I mean, he’s giving clues where he’s comfortable with her place and all. It’s just all too sudden, but I love it. It somehow tells us where they are headed. 

it was a proposal..twice on his knees! just not the usual lines and no ring:D

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

And, there are also a couple of side stories that I would like to see some development on, namely Driver Nam and Team Leader Kim, plus possibly JM and HI.

I think JM and HI will pbly start when JH gets married!! Driver Nam is pining for Team Leader Kim.. I think these 2 will just start when the series ends and we will be left to our own imaginations :)

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Official soundtrack album is here. Omo it really is ending :tears:

I checked on Yes24 and it will be released on Jan 29th (Consists of 23 tracks - 10 of them are songs, 13 of them are instrumental music / voice over)

Think they are going to release one last song for next week (or not and just release it along with this album) called "Good Night" by Seo Ji-an.. . It is on the tracklist... No sights of Bogummie though so I think it's just a fake rumour saying he will be involved

@stardustvoid You were partly right - the tweet said it is now open for advanced orders ^__^

(but won't get it till Jan 29th the official release date)

*secretly hope they will release a preview on Good Night so i can get my head around the lyrics*

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2