[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

6 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

I checked on Yes24 and it will be released on Jan 29th (Consists of 23 tracks - 10 of them are songs, 13 of them are instrumental music / voice over)

Think they are going to release one last song for next week (or not and just release it along with this album) called "Good Night" by Seo Ji-an.. . It is on the tracklist... No sights of Bogummie though so I think it's just a fake rumour saying he will be involved

I see. Thanks for the correction!

Good night? Hmm. Interesting title. Very apt for the finale I suppose

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jl08 said:

Thank you for your beautiful sharing. I really appreciate that you could put things in perspective so well.

I agree with all that you've pointed out and I love the above reminders. It's too apt because it brings us back to the most important consideration for a possible break up - it's precisely because of the above 2 reasons that she might be disrupting if she carries on with KJH. She can't bear to put him in a difficult position with his mum and she can't bear to be the one to bring pain to his family too. Having witnessed JM being hurt over their dating is enough for her. Do we want her to wait for more to happen to his family before his mum comes to her again? That'll be worse.

May I add one more:

More than anything else, CSH is the last person to want to break up with KJH because she loves him so much, enough to violate her contract and forego her dream - Donghwa Hotel. She put him first above anything else. She went to great trouble to get the camera for him because she knows it means a lot to him. She was concerned about him settling down in Sokcho and she spoke with HI to find out. She longs to be part of his family with all the happiness that she had witnessed. She felt her emptiness even more profoundly after that dinner when she went home. She wanted to experience the company and  warmth of a homemeal so she organised one at her home. She found a guy who matters more than anything else in her life. I doubt she wants a breakup at all.

She, of all people, would know what it's like to subject KJH's family to unfair judgement in the public glare. She should know the trauma that his family will face. I can say that she's an amazing person because she does not want to let them suffer because of her; because his family did not sign up for it and because she understands his mum is hurting a lot and where she's coming from. 

Not a word came out from her mouth during the fiasco. She sat there quietly sobbing. She could have objected and use their love as a negotiating tool to carry on with the relationship. She could say that she can't leave KJH or he can't leave her. She didn't. Because she could see his mum suffering already and it pains her so much. She must have felt shameful of her past and sorry that it had affected his mum and family so much. These all came after the happy meal she shared at their home. It was false hope after all.

@jl08

Sigh, I am sad with CSH's and really hope she can make her mind to be a happy person with KJH. Actually due to the social gap, KJH will have to endure for his own and his family's situation too.

2 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

RA. D’s Fairy Tale, Part 8 in Encounter’s OST

The lyrics is so spot on

@dukesa1122 The melody is striking in the positive vibe but the lyric is implicitly sad. 

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I think this is why I say that I see it as a positive development for them to be facing these questions in their relationship.  I think it's just something that SH has to decide that it's okay for her to feel this way for JH, and that she can is good for JH as JH has been good for her. That's one of the issues of being raised to always be dutiful. One doesn't necessarily place proper value on one's own desires outside of duty. Even the hotel is something that she took on because it was what she had, and now she feels pride in the hotel, but also a sense of duty.

With JH, she gets freedom and approval to be herself, but she's still somewhat figuring out who herself is. With JH, she's so different from the person that she was. In episode 14, she even mentions how she had been a picky eater, but with JH, she happily eats everything that he puts before her, and she discovers that she actually likes them.

As with JH's mother, I think what SH needs is time to feel more secure in her and JH's love, and also in her ability to protect their love, but also to fully realize that their love is not a matter of duty for her or for JH, but a matter of willing (and joyful) acceptance.

I think JH is a fantastic boyfriend, but I think he will also become an ever stronger partner to SH the more he understands what her world is like and that by dating her, he will have to manage that world somewhat. JH is growing in his ability and his knowledge as well. I think his understanding of what he's doing rather than a naive disregarding of it, plus his acceptance that he still wants to be there is what SH needs as well. She needs to understand that being with her isn't going to harm him, or at least, that it's not going to be just about harming him, but also helping him because they both love each other. I think for whatever reason, JH has gotten there first in terms of accepting not only how he feels, but that he's willing to do what he has to in order to be with her. SH now has to get to the same place that she's willing to do whatever it takes to be with JH.

As I've said, I'm thinking SH getting on her knees in front of JH's mother may sway her. JH's mother is a traditional woman, and while it'll horrify her to have SH on her knees in front of her, that may also impress her that SH is really serious about staying with her son. 

Anyway, the more I think about eps 13 and 14, the more respect I have about the way the relationship development is being shown. I'm really looking forward to the final episodes to see how they resolve the final issues, plus give us lots more coupley scenes so that we can say goodbye to our OTP knowing that they are happy in their world. :) 

@stroppyse

After I read several comments in this forum, I might be back to focus the process rather than the result again.

If CSH and KJH do the best as each of them's backgroud and thought allow to be, their love life when they are together could be enough to once in a life time they truly love. 

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I think what SH had learned from WS in terms of breaking up with someone was to not do it in a way which left that person feeling hurt, humiliated and shamed by the world.

@stroppyseI really hope that CSH will choose the best way to do the action with the least hurt to KJH and CSH herself.

2 hours ago, twtwb said:

Her Struggles and Their Mutual Love

I'm not saying that I would do the same if I were in her shoes (as I said in my previous post, she is an extraordinary person while I am a normal person). What I am trying to do is to give you (what I think) her perspectives so that you could understand her more, hopefully.

It is a bit far to say that Cha Soo Huyn repeatedly hurts Kim Jin Huyk’s feeling. They are two adults. Their love is a mutual love. Their decision to enter the relationship (or end the relationship) is a mutual decision. A relationship takes two, so does a break up (we don't even know how Kim Jin Huyk will react). Neither would like to hurt the other (that's the last thing that either of them would want to do). 

It is true that Kim Jin Huyk was hurt when Cha Soo Huyn suggested to "take time to think it over", but she was hurt, too (that is the only one instance in which she said so to Kim Jin Huyk, and then came to see and apologize to him shortly after.  By "repeatedly", I think you are referring to the scenario that might happen in the next episode). 

As Cha Soo Huyn said, "it would be sad to win, and hurtful to lose". 

Rather than saying one person hurts the other person, I would say they both share the love, the happiness and even the pain and the hurt in their decision and process to come together. That is the beauty of their love and that's what will certainly remain whatever ending that we have in episode 16. 

@twtwb

Whatever will be, will be. I always cheer for KJH&CSH.

As I mentioned I am not a fans of melodrama and I do not believe in love with social gap and age gap. Encounter change my mind to accept this true love with gaps and wanna see that this kind of love with gaps can really work.

1 hour ago, bubblechoco said:

Think they are going to release one last song for next week (or not and just release it along with this album) called "Good Night" by Seo Ji-an.. . It is on the tracklist... No sights of Bogummie though so I think it's just a fake rumour saying he will be involved

@bubblechoco

"Good Night" song, could audiences hope for the good meaning to let CSH sleep tight without sleeping pill but human sleeping pill as KJH? 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Hello everyone, first time wrote a comment here.

I keep thinking of what Soo-Hyun's dad tell  Jin-Hyuk that
His action will make Soo-Hyun's be alone. (During their dinner)

The exact words .... ==>>  Might end up all alone..

So my 2 cents is her dad n mom either get killed in an accident, (or something bad happen) and she is alone now in this world. Hence why she visits the hospital.

But,  Jin-Hyuk will keep his promise to her dad during dinner and take care of her.
 And the happy ending will happen.

Just my guess.  What do you think?

Edited by avondale16
  • Like 5
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 3

Why do i have this feeling that something will happen in the bookstore...

1. CSH might recrive a call/text either from KJH's mother or JMJ or even her father

2. Someone might come up to her

3. Or anything!!!! Like someone has been rushed to the hospital or something. Ahahahaha vague thoughts.

Just to veer away from what she is thinking and changes her mind or make her forget that she is comtemplating to part ways.

Arghhhhh anything can happen! And its too bad there's no preview!!!!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Now that i think about in a cool mind the breakup wont happen or jh will not let it happen. Jh promised csh dad that he will not leave her alone. And jh mom also may realize that how much they both will suffer without eachother. Jh will definitely be crushed into pieces. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rckchvls said:

Why do i have this feeling that something will happen in the bookstore...

1. CSH might recrive a call/text either from KJH's mother or JMJ or even her father

2. Someone might come up to her

3. Or anything!!!! Like someone has been rushed to the hospital or something. Ahahahaha vague thoughts.

Just to veer away from what she is thinking and changes her mind or make her forget that she is comtemplating to part ways.

Arghhhhh anything can happen! And its too bad there's no preview!!!!

For me it's much better without the preview. Usually misleading, too. 

• Like 3

Last week the preview was out on Monday.. so just 2 more days.. am very much looking fwd to the preview coz it will give clues( hopefully) if there is a time jump / hospital scene/ we get to see JH/CSH face.. that should tell a lot

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I am not looking forward to the preview because they are somewhat always misleading :joy: 

But if it's out then it's out. Wouldn't refuse a day to watch our OTP. 2 episodes left. I don't know what I'm gonna do after this. I'll be forced to watch other dramas for sure.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

@stardustvoid fully confirmed that it was the little prince 

A0-D81-BAB-857-B-4439-A5-C6-26-D0-D8261-

@gumtaek found the painting and the artist! The painting is called “Wedding” and it’s on oil painting by the artist Lee Seunghyeon. 

7-B33-C856-EA45-45-E9-8658-4027-BDF6936-

Before everyone gets excited/disappointed because of the title/gloomy nature of the painting. I think the painting is supposed to be symbolic of SH and WS’s wedding which is why it’s gifted by the ex-girlfriend, the bride has no head in the painting which shows an incomplete marriage. 

Edit :

this painting is available for sale if anyone wants to buy it .

http://m.artmusee.com/view/view.php?seq=9396

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7

I don't want to read the last comments on episode 14 because I have a bad feeling. I hope that the ending of this drama won't be sad. PDnim and Writernim, please, let us have a positive and happy ending ! I wonder if a lot of people are anxious about that as well. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, capricorne93 said:

I wonder if a lot of people are anxious about that as well. 

Oh all of us posting are anxious alright. 

12 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

the bride has no head in the painting which shows an incomplete marriage. 

And by "incomplete" you mean ? ...... :phew:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 7

18 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

And by "incomplete" you mean ? ...... :phew:

Because he didn’t fulfill the vows. Since they got married in a Christian ceremony, this is an example of a very typical wedding vow.

신랑(groom's name)군, 신랑(groom's name)군은 신부(bride's name)양을 아내로 맞아 합법적인 부부가 되려고 하고있습니다. 신랑(groom's name) 군은 즐거울때나 괴로울때나, 건강할때나 그렇지않을때나, 그 어떠한 일이 있더라도 신부(bride's name) 양을 평생 사랑하고, 존중하며, 서로 위로하고 도울것을 맹세하십니까?

Mr (groom's name). You are (groom's name) becoming the husband of (bride's name). Do you promise to love (bride's name) and respect her, take care of her, help her, in joyful times and in hard times, healthy times and sickness times, every day, for ever?

WS arguably might have loved her, respected her, taken care of her and helped her in the best way that he could but he wasn’t there for her everyday, for ever. That vow was broken the moment he asked for a divorce as explained by SH that the divorce brought her more pain. 

This becomes significant because while SH and JH haven’t been wedded under a religious ceremony, JH has already made the vow to be by her side every day, for ever until the end of her days. 

If by incomplete you thought that I meant the marriage wasn’t consummated. :P They were married for a few years, it’s safe to presume that they must have at some point. :rolleyes:

Fanboy watching encounter 

• Like 17
  • LOL 3

The writers are really playing with our heads, I think they must have read the posts about it all being a dream. 

SH is reading Little Prince in the bookstore but JH is reading a different book, it’s Alice through the looking glass.

741-E7-F7-B-9-EC5-4-ABE-A651-1884-F199-B

During their date there is a scene where they both show the books in their hands to the other person. 

3355-E3-EA-AC52-4-B8-C-B475-E7-D88-F78-B

Could this be the director’s way of revealing their true nature? SH the sad little prince and is JH the confused Alice? 

The story ends with Alice recalling the speculation of the Tweedle brothers, that everything may have been a dream of the Red King, and that Alice might herself be no more than a figment of his imagination. The book ends with the line "Life, what is it but a dream?"

Which made me think if the use of butterflies in all the drama illustrations are alluding to the Butterfly dream theory, (copying some text from wiki) One of the first philosophers to question the distinction between reality and dreams was Zhuangzi, a Chinese philosopher from the 4th century BC. He phrased the problem as the well-known "Butterfly Dream,"

“Once upon a time, I, Zhuangzi, dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was Zhuangzi. Soon I awakened, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man. Between a man and a butterfly there is necessarily a distinction. The transition is called the transformation of material things.”

Or this could all be one big fake Easter egg. 

I have so many questions and no answers, why doesn’t our writer do a sit down interview! All other drama writers usually give one before the drama ends. 

• Like 16
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 2