Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

11 minutes ago, thistle said:

Hugs again!  I am definitely waiting.

And I'm not sure how much I will follow this thread because I find all the negative comments very dis-heartening (especially the ones about JH's mom--she's just a humble person who was trying to save her son; her intentions were good even if her actions were poor.  We all make mistakes, and JH deeply loves his mom; so I think she is due some respect.  And I don't like the notion that there will be a sad or an open ending; I don't believe that for a moment.)

Anyway, I usually find it best not to watch eps 13-16 on most dramas until the final airs.  But I read recaps so I know what is going on.  And then I watch the last couple of scenes of the final episode.  Only then am I ready to watch 13-16.  

Yes, it's not unusual for me to do this.  In fact, there was one show that I loved but I could Not watch after episode 2; I had to read caps and wait until the whole drama was done.  Totally worth the wait.  But I surely couldn't watch while it aired.

Hide contents

It was Come Here and Hug Me.

Sometimes we just have to recognize our own limits for what they are.  Respect your weak heart because it's a good thing--it means that you care a lot.  I'm a lot more worried about people who have no feelings--they are the ones who scream just to be heard, and that's no good. 

You'll be fine.  I'll be fine.  And I'm confident that we will be happily surprised with the wonderful things that the screenwriter has in store.  It's gonna be a good ending.  

Let's DRINK to that!  LOL.:blush:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think they really are. What with everyone micro analysing everything in this drama. They must have tapped each others backs because people actually paid attention to those. Thanks to @bebebisous33 and everyone else here for that. Come to think of it, where is our dear bebebisous?

I was busy at school. I just came back and only read the comments after the ending. I feel like I should wait for the weekend before watching the episodes from this week. 

Honestly, I hope, CSH doesn't break up with JH. The latter needs to hear what happened between his mother and CSH. Moreover, the intention of JH's mother is definitely selfish. To me, she wants to keep her son around her. So CSH coming from another social class and being a divorcee was the perfect excuse for her. She didn't know that HI had a crush on JH, only her husband and JM noticed this. All this speaks volume to me. She never saw HI as a thread because of JH's behavior. JH has always taken care of her: see the gift, he spent his reward for his mother, while the father said, he should have used for himself...  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Just as I thought. 

The only person who can finally 'get SH out of jail, " is her father.   Since many episodes ago, I had the feeling that he was dying.  His calmness about his wife's barrages, SH's troubles and his reconnecting with old friends all indicate that he holds the final solution to everything.

Edited by Auntie Mame
grammar correction
  • Like 14
  • Sad 6

9 minutes ago, Glycie Manongsong said:

Let's DRINK to that!  LOL.:blush:

I don't drink alcohol.  However, I am having a mug of tea.  :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

9 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

Just as I thought. 

The only person who can finally 'get SH out of jail, " is her father.   Since many episodes ago, I had the feeling that he was dying.  His calmness about his wife's barrages, SH's troubles and his reconnecting with old friends all indicated that he held the final solution to everything.

I once had this thought too.. maybe his intention to meet JH was this.. 

Will absolutely wait to watch last 3 episodes next week

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Sweet mother of Mary it is!! That’s the lamplighter who lives in the tiniest planet. He is bound by duty to light and put out the lamp in his planet. Trouble is, his planet makes a complete turn every minute so he has to light and unlight the lamp twice in a minute.

He is a tired man but he can’t stop because those are his orders. In fact the Little Prince offered him a solution so he can rest (by walking three steps towards daylight all the time in his planet) but he refused because all he wanted to do in life was to sleep. The Little Prince loved that man because he was faithful to his orders. He also admired that the lamplighter thought of someone else besides himself. 

The Little Prince wanted to stay to be his friend but his planet was so small and could not fit two people. He also loved that his planet had 1440 sunsets. And we all know how cathartic sunsets are for CSH

Oh my goodness! Is JH the lamplighter? Or is it CSH? Jiminy cricket!

I need a drink or some chocolates...take me with you @ahdrianaa

Thank you for writing all that out!! I couldn’t remember what the lamplighter’s storyline was!!

However I don’t believe JinHyuk or the SooHyun is the lamp lighter though.  I think this is whole Little Prince thing is a fakeout.  The whole story has been about subverting expectations and becoming more than the characters ever thought they could be.  Secretary Jang finding the good heart in a man without a fancy car or academic qualifications.  SooHyun opening herself up to the world.  SooHyun’s dad letting go of his political ambitions and happily deciding to dream a new dream.  I think we are supposed to take away that blindly following orders like the lamp lighter does is one way of expressing love and respect, but there are other ways.  Ways that might be better or lead to greater happiness

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

To me, she wants to keep her son around her. So CSH coming from another social class and being a divorcee was the perfect excuse for her

This is actually an angle I didnt consider. She cant be that selfish? :angry:

@jl08 Thank you chingu! I’m on IV meds right now. I’ll be fine

@yonaomi123

I agree. Blindly following orders and conforming to the norms just because of prejudice and taboo. You made a good point there!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jl08 said:

Agree....provided they live in a bubble with no other people to consider.

I agree that SH and JH should talk it over but in this instance, she can't. It's betrayal of his mum to the highest degree and ultimately might prove his mum right that she's not to be trusted. Add that to the mum's list of fearful about disruption to their normal lives etc...

I said yesterday that if CSH confides in KJH about his mum, hell might break lose if JH confronts his mum..

In this drama, we are at the mercy of the writer...hahahaha

But in real life, if this kind of situation happens, SH has to open up and communicate with JH on the issue. In real life, it would be better for JH to hear it directly from SH instead of from anybody else. JH is mature enough to be able to handle his own mom...he has been his son for 30 years so SH should trust that JH would be able to give guidance and convince his family. If SH doesn't trust that JH can handle the situation then they should not get married imo. 

In real life, relationship with in-laws is never easy and in order to have a good marriage, both partners need to be 100% open to each other in order to face whatever challenges that they may have. Relationship with in laws is tricky for many families so from the beginning of the relationship, there has to be an agreement between the couple on how to handle each side of the family and communication is key. 

Anyway, this is just a drama, so we're at the mercy of the logic of the writer. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Honestly, I hope, CSH doesn't break up with JH. T

Me too. I don't want to see another heartbreaking scene. They had already gone through one and all in the same episode too. This time, it spills over to another episode. I hope either the tea lady, or Sec Jang or Dae Chan would drop the secret to KJH. I've no doubt that JH's omma will finally give them her blessings.I don't dislike her at all. Like you, I just don't condone her action this once.

All's well that ends well...so yeah, let's stay positive and hope for the good times to come. I must say that the people were so blessed to see this beautiful couple at the last part....in the library, out on the streets etc....I could see some shocked faces....:D

And I really need to go find my ice-cream...#Boyfriend has sapped all my energy. -_-

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I think SH's conversation with EX implied that she would let JH go after the perfect final date. Because like she said, the attitude and manner of breaking up are also important. I dont blame her for that. Because like what she said to EX, it must be hard and suffocating for her because she cant share with anyone. But on second note, she shared with the tea lady about JH mother visiting her. So let's cross finger that the tea lady will make some magic to help our OTP.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, jl08 said:

I don't want to see another heartbreaking scene.

No rain, no rainbow.  ;) We've gotta go through the storms to get to the other side.

• Like 8
  • LOL 6
  • Thanks 2

I think what really irked me about JH’s mum tonight was when she said that a mother’s love can never change but SH’s might. Something to that effect. I kinda get where she’s coming from but...

It just sounded a bit possesive, I don’t know if it’s just my overall mood but it kinda rubbed me the wrong way. 

@yonaomi123 excellent point, chingu

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Bogummy filming alone at a bus stop few hours ago...

Jinhyuk-ahhhhhh T_T

=

It breaks my heart to see Soohyun eyes are all so puffed up in today's episode...
T_T

For now till Wednesday, I will probably just lurk here and do something to stop myself from watching E14, I already told myself not to watch E13 last night but I ended up opening it and cried while watching................. Esp those two sofa scenes and the final scene (ahem!)

Compared to E13, E14 is full of gogumas! But i guess I'll just have to hope for the best will come good next week

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Thao Le said:

I think SH's conversation with EX implied that she would let JH go after the perfect final date. Because like she said, the attitude and manner of breaking up are also important. I dont blame her for that. Because like what she said to EX, it must be hard and suffocating for her because she cant share with anyone. But on second note, she shared with the tea lady about JH mother visiting her. So let's cross finger that the tea lady will make some magic to help our OTP.

So first our JinSoo couple had a fairy godfather, now in the final moment the fairy godMother is revealed to be Teacher Lee.  :blush: let’s hope!!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

I think what really irked me about JH’s mum tonight was when she said that a mother’s love can never change but SH’s might. Something to that effect. I kinda get where she’s coming from but...

It just sounded a bit possesive, I don’t know if it’s just my overall mood but it kinda rubbed me the wrong way. 

@yonaomi123 excellent point, chingu

ia about the possessive tone. What he said before that sort of proves that she is possessive. 

JH: In this whole wide world there are only two women I love, you and that woman. Now you will ask me who I love more. I love you both equally, it’s just different kind of love.

Mom : yes, it’s different JH ah. Omma’s love will not change whereas...

JH: her love will not change either. 

@dukesa1122 feel better!! 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Watching ep 13 & 14 gave me some insights:

1. Courage and Weakness are 2 sides of a coin.

To start a relationship requires courage. When JH saw SH being publicly ridiculed at the workplace, took a courageous step forward to ask her out for ramyeon. When JH was described as a stalker in a press conference, SH declared that JH and her are in a pre- relationship stage.

As relationship grows, the heart cares more, fears gnaw away courage and  weakness begins

JH, after being confronted by WS, was fearful that his love for SH might be a burden to her. To protect her, he lied that dinner at his family’s was postponed so that she could attend ex Father in law’s death anniversary. Similarly, SH was tormented when she saw JH and family suffered for being thrown into limelight. She toyed with the idea of breaking up with him.

1. Tears can be testament of growth

When the heart is opened to love, feelings can overwhelm indifference.

Being in a relationship with JH, experiencing how precious she was to JH, SH was no longer indifferent. She expressed her feelings. She cried when JH mum asked her to break up with JH. The ice princess is now a warm hearted human being.

So much to learn from this show.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

"I thought about whether or not his parents would like me. I guess that's what I feared the most. If I end up disrupting the normal life and happiness of Jin Hyuk's family, that'll be wrong of me. Should I still insist though? Should I apologize and beg for their understanding? Don't you think I can do that?" 

Thanks for making me cry buckets tonight, writer-nim. :bawling: 

She can't even talk to JH about this because he'll tell her not to worry and then suffer on his own.

The dilemma..

• Like 2
  • Sad 13

6 hours ago, gigivillaceran said:

My God since the drama start till end im crying what is going on do i have to prepare myself cos i think there will be no happy ending, Jinsoo the mother's is evil, now how can i start my day tom if the episode tonight stuck in my head and thinking if we have a happy ending i have no energy right now Soohyun can i borrow your sleeping pills pls

I have not seen episode 14; however, I do not think Jin-Soo's mom is evil...misguided, yes...evil, no.  She is from an older generation that thinks everyone should stay in their place. 

Although she worries for her son, she did not have the right to go to Soo-Hyun and tell her to break up with him, because he might get hurt. 

As I stated about WS's mother, parents should stay out of their grown children's decisions.  Talk to them as Jin Soo's father did, counsel them if necessary; however, the final decision has to be the "grown" child's.  If they get hurt in the process, be there for them, offer a shoulder to lean on.  People learn when they make their own mistakes, follow their own hearts and make their decisions, good or bad.  The parent's job is to be there for their children if they fall.  Jin-Soo's mom for all her good intentions, let her fears and insecurities get in the way of Jin-Soo's happiness.  Actually, she is the one that hurt him.  The people on the outside mean nothing to him; however, he loves his mother and yet she could not see pass those jealous people in her small circle to embrace her son's decision.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1