[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Though i said i don't know what to think anymore but my mind won't allow it.

Im still positive for a happy ending and here trying to add positivity to convince myself more:

1. Numbers seem to play significant roles. When Jh family had lunch at the hotel, the italian restaurant is on the 13th floor and Sh and Jh mom meeting happened on ep 13. Their some relationship.. Jh wrote it down on his calendar as dec. 11 and his re-appointment at the head office was on feb 11. Their couple ring... Jh wrote it down on his calendar  as feb 16 and  will this be related to ep 16?

2. Their date on the bookstore.... what's the purpose of that public display of affection? Once out in sns, its adding insult to injury for Jh family. Or to add proof for that unfortunate event that will cause her to loose the hotel.

3. Ms. Lee didn't say anything when Sh confided. Will she let this pass without telling the Jh or his family? She is a family friend and known Jh since childhood. Her sympathy is with him.

4.LDc acts as a big brother now for Jh. I believe their love story( with sec. Jang) serves a purpose in the drama, as a conduit for JinSoo. If not for Ldc telling sec. Jang, Sh would not known Jh was in Cuba. 

5. Hoping that vo of Sh is just in her mind . That parting with Jh is what her mind tells but not her heart.

6. How can they work in the same company if there's a break up? 

6. If  it does not end well, for sure sales of dvd blue rays will be affected and that 100 countries buying the drama will be reduced significantly. Bad for business:tears:

• Like 18
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ahdrianaa said:

@gumtaek found the painting and the artist! The painting is called “Wedding” and it’s on oil painting by the artist Lee Seunghyeon. 

This is indeed interesting to know. Good job!

1 hour ago, capricorne93 said:

I don't want to read the last comments on episode 14 because I have a bad feeling. I hope that the ending of this drama won't be sad. PDnim and Writernim, please, let us have a positive and happy ending ! I wonder if a lot of people are anxious about that as well. 

Me too.... me too. Count me in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

During their date there is a scene where they both show the books in their hands to the other person. 

19 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

SH is reading Little Prince in the bookstore but JH is reading a different book, it’s Alice through the looking glass.

OMG! hasn't anyone read your post?

Why is no one freaking out?

I'm so gonna fly to Korea and arm wrestle the writer if she decides to go to the dream route!

No! No! NO! NO! NO! :bawling:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3

I've been spending my time reading 50 first pages of this thread. Strangely, after 30 pages i got to the point that i'm on board with this ship, wherever it may land. My worries have gone, and eventhough i came to the part where the story became so heartbreaking and some parts were unbearable to watch, i watched it with so much ease.

From the very start they've been stated this as melodrama.

...a heart wrenching romance, that turns both of their lives upside down.

...their worlds clash in a romantic, but sorrowful love story. 

... it was like a midsummer night's dream. 

So from the very beginning it was expected to have lots of angst. What i failed to predict is that i don't know that i'll be so invested to their love story. That Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk are not just characters, they became alive, they are all of us. One has said, it hit too close to home.

I think now, I understand Soo Hyun so much better. She knew exactly that there will be so much angst, and a probable bitter ending by taking Jin Hyuk's hand, but she just can't resist his charm. And So am i, this beautiful love story have been told to be a tear jerker, heart wrenching story, but still i cant resist it charms.

we witnessed their love story from the beginning, we love them, worried about them.. but nothing happened yet. Not until the last story unfold.

All chingus in here have been really kind to give their thoughts and reviews. And whatever it is, Encounter will be my forever classic love story.

Let's wait for the last 2 episodes, and still, i have no doubt it will be an ending we are all accepted.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

i have no doubt it will be an ending we are all accepted.

I'm sorry chingu. But I dont think I can accept this story if this turned out all a dream!

Writer-nim PD-nim have pity. Don't let this be a dream please.

:bawling: I beg you!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

SH is reading Little Prince in the bookstore but JH is reading a different book, it’s Alice through the looking glass.

Are you sure? This is crazy.. they def wouldn't do the dream route coz viewers won't accept..

But come to think of it..glass is used in slok the episodes as mirrors.. so it might mean through the mirror.  The writer uses mirror often to depict many scenes..CSH often in office and JH in his room.. even at tea shop.. so what does this all mean.. if gets confusing if i try to correlate these 2 books..

Maybe that are trying to tell that we often view ppl through our eyes/ mirror of our soul and our  views are based on our perceptions?

Am clearly blabbering here.. but i know that they didn't take such a beautiful drama with so much detailing in every aspect and give an ending that we wouldn't like!!!

Spoiler

Even in DOTS they killed YSJ in ep 14 only to bring him back in 16.. so am still hopeful of a happy ending

2 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

I'm sorry chingu. But I dont think I can accept this story if this turned out all a dream!

It won't be. .. they wouldn't swim to 100 countries on a dream story

41 minutes ago, roshzanna said:

Numbers seem to play significant roles. When Jh family had lunch at the hotel, the italian restaurant is on the 13th floor and Sh and Jh mom meeting happened on ep 13. Their some relationship.. Jh wrote it down on his calendar as dec. 11 and his re-appointment at the head office was on feb 11

I agree.. why write everything in calendar unless it is to tell us something.. this makes me believe in a time jump ..

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Nope, i dont think it will be a dream. There's no dream with PPL inside  (product placement) :D

*brb opening trip.com and drinking W tea* :D:D

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

54 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

Alice might herself be no more than a figment of his imagination. The book ends with the line "Life, what is it but a dream

Don't want to read to much into the drama lines but CSH often tells that her time with KJH feels like a dream

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

OMG! hasn't anyone read your post?

Hahaha....don't panic, gal. I read and I refused to accept the dream theory.  <_<

I'll go crazy if it's a Dream ending. I'll probably turn my back on this writer and PD and call them their bluff for lying to the audience that we should sit back, relax and enjoy the romance.

Here are two of the most beautiful people in the world oozing chemistry of a divine level...a beautiful love story with encouraging messages and poems; beautiful cinematography; beautiful arts and books....steamy kisses....

I hope  this story will NOT be wasted either through a dream or separating our lovely couple. It'll be profound stupidity if the writer fails to have a beautiful closure ie marriage and honeymoon for KJH and CSH. 

The entire well-loved drama will go down in history as the most anti-climax romance if the ending is screwed up. It means the couple sacrificing for each other because they love each other......has come to nothing. It better come to something wonderful.

I hope the PD and his crew are reading this!

#MOSTBEAUTIFULBOYFRIENDWEDDING

#CUBANBALCONYKISS

#KJHCSHWEDDING

#JHSHHONEYMOON

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

I am not convinced our OTP will part ways for good. But I am curious what SH has in mind when she was thinking of parting ways with JH.

Knowing JH, he will not accept her excuses. She will not be able to convince him that she has a change of mind and she no longer loves him. Moreover, SH will not want to hurt JH like how she was hurt when WS divorced her (she hated being gossiped and ridiculed because of WS’s “affair”). I am really curious what she had in mind to part ways with JH in a way that will not tarnish his reputation.

Will she “disappear” from his sight? Go into hiding? Will she declare publicly that JH is too good for her? Not sure how she is going to do that though. Perhaps, she knew about her parents’ misgiving (taking bribes from Taegyeong group) and will use that as a reason (after her parents confess publicly) to part ways with JH?

Like how some of you have mentioned here that she had gone all out (in ep 14) to make it known publicly that she was very much in love with JH. I suspect she is going to part ways with him such that the public will continue to believe that she is in love with him and problem does not lie with him but her.

Anyways, I have faith in JH’s abilities to love her and help her find her way back to him. To me, he is that stable, dependable and mature.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, luvhollandlop said:

I am really curious what she had in mind to part ways with JH in a way that will not tarnish his reputation.

Will she “disappear” from his sight? Go into hiding? Will she declare publicly that JH is too good for her? Not sure how she is going to do that though. Perhaps, she knew about her parents’ misgiving (taking bribes from Taegyeong group) and will use that as a reason (after her parents confess publicly) to part ways with JH?

Like how some of you have mentioned here that she had gone all out (in ep 14) to make it known publicly that she was very much in love with JH. I suspect she is going to part ways with him such that the public will continue to believe that she is in love with him and problem does not lie with him but her.

I like all the questions, hypothesis and theories.

Will someone go to prison for the punishment of taking the bribes?

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Just now, avondale16 said:

I like all the questions, hypothesis and theories.

Will someone go to prison for the punishment of taking the bribes?

I am thinking SH’s father will definitely suffer some serious consequences.  He had already taken steps to prepare for that. He had asked the other politician to take care of his political party. As for SH’s MIL, I am not sure how she will worm her way out but her business will definitely suffer the bad reputation.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, luvhollandlop said:

I am thinking SH’s father will definitely suffer some serious consequences.  He had already taken steps to prepare for that. He had asked the other politician to take care of his political party. As for SH’s MIL, I am not sure how she will worm her way out but her business will definitely suffer the bad reputation.

@luvhollandlop

I noticed something similar to your comment, CSH's father did not visit his late friend who is Director PR's older brother for a big while.

CSH's father also mentioned that he felt guilty to his friend for being someone his friend might not be okay.

When he will sort things out, he is afraid that CSH will be alone but KJH is trustworthy for CSH’s dad to be by CSH’s side.

Dad feels relievable to be able to proceed his plan to correct things to ease his ashamed mind. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

@luvhollandlop

I noticed something similar to your comment, CSH's father did not visit his late friend who is Director PR's older brother for a big while. CSH's father also mentioned that he felt guilty to his friend for being someone his friend might not be okay.

I noticed that too. I think a few episodes ago (someone has already mentioned here), SH’s parents were arguing and father mentioned something about mum taking money for their home down payment or something and father thought it was a loan from the bank. It was actually money from Taegyeong group. I think along the way, father had to deviate somewhat from his political ideologies for Taegyeong’s purposes. Perhaps, he felt too guilty to visit his friend’s niche because of that.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, avondale16 said:

SH says now she knows how to part way.

SH and WS or SH and JH?

There will be a time jump in 5 -----(months)------years

This is when the flower withers.

An answer to SH question by Sec Jang.

5 years? Oh no. By then she would have turned 40. She needs to have a child before that age please. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I'm curious to know what's the extent of CSH's dad involvement with Taegyong.

All that we know at this point in time is only that his wife receives money from Taegyong so he agrees to let CSH married that family...

I hope he's not doing anything that will make him deserves to go to jail...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1