[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

Hi all, I'm probably very late to the party but anyways can I just say Mateo is the most attractive Priest ever?! and why is he the priest again? to keep the girls away? lol he can totally make girls go crazy over him. The show becomes interesting with each passing episode, I like how they have kept the curiosity quotient high and intact. Everytime you start to think that this is PID they totally change the stance and point the compass at somebody else. I'm excited to see how they take things from here, one lead is possessed, one is cursed.Sigh I just hope they dont kill Mateo off.Fingers crossed.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there is going to be a really big ending. Considering up till now, the resolution is still unclear. Any thoughts on a season 2?:open_mouth:

Would they be able to win the Superior PID in just four episodes? If they could destroy PID in just four episodes then that means PID is not even that powerful. It’s like false advertising :anguished:

It’s kind of plausible that it could happen, maybe in season 2 they switch up the roles. Maybe one of the trio will become the Antagonist while the other two hunts them down. Or in this story, PID is unbeatable and the only ending to solve this is to seal PID away for good.

And also I have this fear, that HP’s Grandfather might....die... like brain dead, because ultimately PID wants HP and PID who is a psychotic murderer,I think he would want to pull HP even more deeper in to the dark zone so that he can control him.

12 hours ago, aoikarin said:

I still believe that Father Yang was the one who visited the Detective Ko (Det Kang's senior) in the hospital. Actually, HP collapsed and fainted when Father Yang was not in the Church. 53:23 Father Yang: "I heard you fainted before I came in" So He was not in the Church when HP came.

1. Everytime they mentioned PID then the next scene they showed Priest Yang. In the beginning ep 12, Yoon and Kang was talking about Who is PID and Kang told him that PID is watching them, she told him that it is near them, then Priest Yang appeared LOL..

aaah thank you! i did not notice this!

so from this point, Father Yang really visited Dectective Go in hospital (visitor's steps really sounds like leather shoes too). But dectective Go spoke banmal - informally with the visitor - and as i remember we have not seen these 2 together in one scene before in this drama. So maybe it will turn out that the 2 have already known each other before? like they are in same age and... who knows, everything can happen in this drama... LOL

and i notice that scene too! Gil Young said PID is always watching them and suddenly father Yang entered...

And also, after watching again ep 12, i dont think GY would die. Until now, her role in the trio is the least important... i feel like the writer has yet shown GY's role in destroying PID, and also i think her role will be emphasized in the next 4 eps

as when PID tries to plant doubts in HwaPyung and Yoon, we have GY who just believes in evidence, truth and justice. So she will be the one who solves all this trust-problems between HP and Yoon

Detective Go too, i dont think he will die. The belief in justice maybe the one that rescue him from devils

PID possesses people by their dark sides. And after all, maybe the thing to destroy PID is not HP's shaman ability, not Yoon's exorcism but is the trust and belief among people - which GY always tries to prove through evidences!

44 minutes ago, gongcha said:

PID tries to plant doubts in HwaPyung and Yoon, we have GY who just believes in evidence, truth and justice. So she will be the one who solves all this trust-problems between HP and Yoon

Trust problems is one thing, but because PID have the capabilities to jump around, for her being there is still hard to shake off the suspicion. Because there are no evidence  that PID is in whose body, so the suspicion will continue even if there is evidence.

Let’s just say that PY is PID and the tunnel scene confirms it, but how come, during the hospital scene, they still hide his face?  I believe the tunnel scene starts off first before the hospital bed scene.  A lot of stuff remain unanswered. 

:sweatingbullets: Honestly I felt that PID can’t be destroyed now that I look at how many episodes we have left (Good n Evil is a nature thing, so I don’t think that we can extinguish the evil for good, but we can give evil the best possible way to end it.)And I don’t think that anyone of the three will die, but I do think that PID will be sealed forever. Sealed in where? A body? A box? Is PID immune to the Cross or nah? I’m not too sure. 

Like maybe the emotions of a human could seal PID?  But PID is immune to emotions? That’s why he kilks everyone without a care. 

GY I think she will arrest PHJ at the end. For the murder that PHJ did or something. Through the next episode, I think GY will have another level of understanding and believing. Same goes for Detective Ko.

On 10/20/2018 at 3:39 PM, akiera said:

I don't think yoon being fired from being a exorcist has any actual consequence for his life and death. Like I don't think it will reduce the effectiveness of the prayers or exorcism. All these authorities and formalities are there so that they could keep an order and things wouldn't get out of control

I don't know much about Catholic exorcism, but this is my take on this based on what info is available online. Exorcism's efficacy relies on two things: the exorcist's spiritual belief and the permission from church authority. While it may seem that appointment is just for formality's sake, it has a fundamental role: the appointing bishop discerns which priest is wise and leads a holy life, and is therefore apt to deal with demons. 

Why can Yoon possibly go to jail if someone dies? Because he is unauthorized. If the possessed dies, he can get in trouble because there's no documentation to support his claim that it's a possession rather than a medical/psychological issue. The church will not even back him up.

1 hour ago, jeijei said:

I don't know much about Catholic exorcism, but this is my take on this based on what info is available online. Exorcism's efficacy relies on two things: the exorcist's spiritual belief and the permission from church authority. While it may seem that appointment is just for formality's sake, it has a fundamental role: the appointing bishop discerns which priest is wise and leads a holy life, and is therefore apt to deal with demons. 

Why can Yoon possibly go to jail if someone dies? Because he is unauthorized. If the possessed dies, he can get in trouble because there's no documentation to support his claim that it's a possession rather than a medical/psychological issue. The church will not even back him up.

Can I say that Yoon is literally placing his own life on the line to save people from PID at the same time at risk of being punished by the church...Wow...He is so heroic. Love his attitude of not running away from evil despite possible severe consequences.

Actually all three of them , are heroic on their own nature. Haha

I wish I could watch all of the scary scenes of this drama (I skipped most of them)  because the series is good and  the two actors (Kim JaeWook and Kim DongWook) acted from Coffee Prince (one of my fave drama) reunited in this drama.  

Only thing is,  horror scenes (any dramas, movies pics etc) give me nightmares. I tried to watch few scary scenes of this drama few days ago  but then I got a nightmare last night. I was in part of that dream I was trying to scream but my voice won't come out and I almost got choked and suffocated by someone/something evil. I was trying to reach the bible but the evil one is stronger and still suffocated me. 

When I woke up. I was relieved that it was only a really bad dream.

Not sure  If I could continue to watch the upcoming episodes, maybe I'll just skip the scary scenes just like I used to. 

All the Harry Potter-Voldermort vibes suddenly made me think of a what if Priest Yang is the Professor Snape in this drama? :no_mouth: He is in fact just shady and truly is the Snape with the boys best interest in mind. Like Snape, Priest Yang has known both Yoon and Hwa-Pyung since they were just young boys. He is like the father-figure/mentor to Yoon similar to how Snape was to Draco Malfoy - ok, Yoon isn’t anything like Draco but you get my point - and Hwa-Pyung is the Harry who lost his family to the evil Park Il Do and somehow because Priest Yang might have been guilty because of what happened in the past, he could have decided to secretly protect Hwa-Pyung... idk, everything’s just so possible! Actually, Priest Yang could even be the Dumbledore, hmmm

Why can't Yoon tell them about the curse and sort it out first. Hate seeing him writhing in pain. Surely he's not of much use in his present condition.. 

The writer has done a great job weaving us in circles. I hope the trinity can be saved. Hopefully they all put all their cards on the table and go into the final encounter with no secrets. 

30 minutes ago, tas82 said:

Why can't Yoon tell them about the curse and sort it out first. Hate seeing him writhing in pain. Surely he's not of much use in his present condition.. 

The writer has done a great job weaving us in circles. I hope the trinity can be saved. Hopefully they all put all their cards on the table and go into the final encounter with no secrets. 

I guess the only way that Yoon’s curse could be lifted is if PID dies. I think he doesn’t want them to feel upset about it, as  he wants to fight PID all the way, if they found out about it, they might ask him to stop.

It’s definitely hard for him to hide it...:bawling: and I feel for him as well. The trio’s past are really upsetting and it’s all PID’s fault! Hope that the writer would give us the best possible ending. As this story isn’t really a clean and light story, chances are we might get endings that we don’t really want. *fingerscross*

4 hours ago, uglypearl said:

Not sure  If I could continue to watch the upcoming episodes, maybe I'll just skip the scary scenes just like I used to. 

*hugs* I like your pic. Hehehe

I don't like scary scenes too and tends to get nightmares or has issues sleeping later.

I watched it in the day time only.

But this.... I can't stop myself from watching.

It's too good!!

7 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I still can't get over how some K-netz are still on Jung Eun Chae's case.

She is doing pretty darn well as GY, the sceptic turned believer detective.

I am glad that the next arc will focus on her.

THISSSSS!  I can't express my frustration enough about this. I mean she is just your usual ocn hero but from another gender. Large part of it is they cannot accept a female as a crazy mad dog detective character and another thing is unlike the two oppas she is not really a fan favourite. Her past controversy also add to this.

Why are they still gripe about this? Is it because he was a japanese person ? Also the parties involved denied the rumour.

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Ocn officially declared the ship :joy::love:

Omg! Wishes do come true :joy: 

Hope to see more of their chemistry and not fight with each other too often:lol:

Edit: I guess they are those couples that always fight with each other but love each other in the end huh :lol::love:

On 10/21/2018 at 10:17 AM, sushilicious said:

I think there is going to be a really big ending. Considering up till now, the resolution is still unclear. Any thoughts on a season 2?:open_mouth:

Not really rooting for a season 2 as I just want PID to finally rot in hell and the trio can move on and not feel burden with the world's evil. 

Of course, if there's a season 2... the Ghostbusters business better be good and no more mind games!

I hope the dynamic trio will still be the same and Mateo and HP are all powerful with their exorcism and psychic skills.

And of course GY always has their backs.

One can dream right? :joy:

42 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Not really rooting for a season 2 as I just want PID to finally rot in hell and the trio can move on and not feel burden with the world's evil. 

Of course, if there's a season 2... the Ghostbusters business better be good and no more mind games!

I hope the dynamic trio will still be the same and Mateo and HP are all powerful with their exorcism and psychic skills.

And of course GY always has their backs.

One can dream right? :joy:

Like maybe there is a new villain that is way evil than PID,  by then HP should have his powers back. Haha Yup One can dream and one can get excited about the next few episodes :joy: Two more days till we get our new episodes!

16 hours ago, uglypearl said:

Only thing is,  horror scenes (any dramas, movies pics etc) give me nightmares. I tried to watch few scary scenes of this drama few days ago  but then I got a nightmare last night. I was in part of that dream I was trying to scream but my voice won't come out and I almost got choked and suffocated by someone/something evil. I was trying to reach the bible but the evil one is stronger and still suffocated me. 

When I woke up. I was relieved that it was only a really bad dream.

Annyeong @uglypearl I'm sorry to know that you had nightmare after watching the horror scenes. In fact, I too worry I will get nightmare too but so far its good.....no nightmare! Certain scenes in The Guest really gave me the creeps that I need to peek through my fingers, sometimes a piece of transparent cloth :D. Episode 12 gave me the creeps as there's the ugly Park Il Do and the old Shaman also very creepy looking, in fact she looked more a ghost instead of a human. I salute the actress for playing that part so well that she looked so ugly and creepy.

Annyeong @bebebisous33 chingu, what's your take on Ep12? I think I have not seen your insight about it yet or did I miss it?

Archived