[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

The montage in the beginning episode is what I would call good editing.

All the relevant information from past episodes concisely explaining what has happened so far.

*back to watching with subs*

The background music (like when an shamanic exorcism is being conducted) as Det Ko chases after GY.

-sound editor - bravo!-

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 13, I am sad.

Yukgyang the shaman who nags HP like a mother got the idea that something at HPs home village is keeping PID ‘alive’. He looked and looked, almost gave up but then started digging. Things went south after that. All of you will need to watch the episode, more revelations.

I think I was right when I said an urn or some object is keeping the evil spirit alive and powerful too. That could be what was buried there.

Father Yang has definitely some connection to PID. 

My guess is they will kill off CY and he will die heroically. BS, the tec’s partner will try to matchmake  HP and GY. So I am going to get used to Father Choi dying from now on and expect a little romance.

I don't think there will be any romance at all, honestly.

It's more like survival mode, ON!

I am at the scene where HP is eating at YK's house and I remember having a bad premonition about this as I was livecapping.

SIGH....

Somehow watching with subs, I am crying.

Last night, I suppose I was in shock...no time to cry.

And I still get goose pimples at the ending scene....just the same as last night....It's really as if he is looking at you.

Imagine this when you are watching in the middle of the night, alone....:blink:

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

I don't think there will be any romance at all, honestly.

It's more like survival mode, ON!

I am at the scene where HP is eating at YK's house and I remember having a bad premonition about this as I was livecapping.

SIGH....

Somehow watching with subs, I am crying.

Last night, I suppose I was in shock...no time to cry.

And I still get goose pimples at the ending scene....just the same as last night....It's really as if he is looking at you.

Imagine this when you are watching in the middle of the night, alone....:blink:

Yuk Gwang foreshadowed his death...during that scene. When I was watching it, I was upset that he really did die. Me knowing that he will die makes it even worst. Actually come to think of it, they have been dropping hints to say that Yuk Gwang will die. Like ep 12 Yuk Gwang talks to HP about letting go etc.

I guess this is where REAL serious things are going to start, no more comedy anymore...

PS I don’t count the two visions in, because in the vision he is supposed to die in his house not in the field..

20 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

I don’t count the two visions in, because in the vision he is supposed to die in his house not in the field..

Which episode is this ? I didn’t catch that. There was so much action in the last episode, you’d think this is not a KD.:lol:

32 minutes ago, maribella said:

Which episode is this ? I didn’t catch that. There was so much action in the last episode, you’d think this is not a KD.:lol:

Actually I kind of lost track as well, but I do know that the first one is on I think episode 2, it shows his house, then the glass pane(With blood) before going to the ocean.

I don’t know if it will effect anything but, I feel that the chanting scene is like some sort of awakening ritual...It’s so weird that it would start chanting some stuff about Worship to HP...Maybe when he is in a trance, the inner demons of his just connects hence the Zoned out face..?

Why is it a foreshadow of death?

On both occasions, he "saw" it when he wanted to exorcise the spirits.

And on both occasions, his death happened in his house as what @sushilicious said.

I am still thinking that it was all planted by the devil and it eventually come true because ultimately, it will kill anyone in its path. 

Same goes for Mateo.

They claimed it as "prophecy".

I thought it is psychological. The evil/devil playing with the mind.

#indenial

1 hour ago, maribella said:

Yukgyang the shaman who nags HP like a mother got the idea that something at HPs home village is keeping PID ‘alive’. He looked and looked, almost gave up but then started digging. Things went south after that. 

But the most important question is... how did something that has any connection with PID be around the village?

I still think Father Yang might not be PID but now I think he is another minion who worship PID.

And back to the question...

Is it really Father Yang?

Answers!!! We need answers!!

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

Why is it a foreshadow of death?

On both occasions, he "saw" it when he wanted to exorcise the spirits.

And on both occasions, his death happened in his house as what @sushilicious said.

I am still thinking that it was all planted by the devil and it eventually come true because ultimately, it will kill anyone in its path. 

Same goes for Mateo.

#indenial

In a sense, he quoted that "I am Yuk Gwang, No spirits will hurt me." Or something like that And in the end the spirit did hurt him and killed him despite all of the "No Spirits can hurt me"thing...->In one way or another it's like he just stated his death. If you get what I mean.:)

Guest aoikarin
1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

#indenial

I agreed. It's psychological. Those evil spirits are playing with Mateo's mind who is at that moment full of doubts. I believe he will break free from the curse at the final fight. Whatever prophecy told by the evil for Mateo, i don't think Mateo will believe it any longer since the evils are totally liars and corrupt the people's mind. I strongly against the idea that Mateo will die #strongdenial (hahaha) and The trio will overcome the upcoming hindrance, will win fight against the evil and be alive!! #nodeathforCY #chantingforgoodending

I thought PID possessed PY.. NO? I think he is PID since he has super telekinetic power. He doesn't even need to lift his finger to kill YG. I saw his power is totally different from any other inferior spirits we saw. 

Remember the first time PHJ met the thing in the tunnel, it was the silhouette of a man - looked like Father Yang.

When we went closer, it morphed into the thing 'PID'

I  think PID has been biding his time in Father Yang , collecting souls along the way (the Sharing Hands connection) and he is ready to move permanently into HP.

Was anyone as creeped out when Det Ko started saying all the things about the evil coming?

GkjLb0.gif

And later on, his convulsions...

On4VWS.gif

Just wow.

Edit:

I think tonight is the fight for Mateo's soul...

2 hours ago, sushilicious said:

Actually I kind of lost track as well, but I do know that the first one is on I think episode 2, it shows his house, then the glass pane(With blood) before going to the ocean.

I don’t know if it will effect anything but, I feel that the chanting scene is like some sort of awakening ritual...It’s so weird that it would start chanting some stuff about Worship to HP...Maybe when he is in a trance, the inner demons of his just connects hence the Zoned out face..?

:tears: Scaaary stuff. I must have have skipped  much of the earlier episodes. Too much violence.

@Dramanoona that's what i was talking about. The part where Det Ko chants to Hp , it's like trying to trigger HP to kill CY!

I was honestly at that point of time scared for both HP and CY, and for myself actually haha. Because who knows the writer might have really used some sort of  actual worship evil stuff to write the script to make it realistic.:fearful: Cause i think i heard that there are movies which use actual stuff to make it realistic...

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

But the most important question is... how did something that has any connection with PID be around the village?

I still think Father Yang might not be PID but now I think he is another minion who worship PID.

And back to the question...

Is it really Father Yang?

Answers!!! We need answers!!

PID lived there when he started to act out his evil behaviour. Maybe he buried something to ensure his evil soul keeps coming back. It happened to be around HP’s house?

Even if Father Yang is not PID, he has a defaced bible, that has a significance.

It makes me wonder how he manages to preach all those years and handles the crucifix. He is also an exorcist priest.

Some things are not falling into the right places here.

3 minutes ago, maribella said:

PID lived there when he started to act out his evil behaviour. Maybe he buried something to ensure his evil soul keeps coming back. It happened to be around HP’s house?

Even if Father Yang is not PID, he has a defaced bible, that has a significance.

It makes me wonder how he manages to preach all those years and handles the crucifix. He is also an exorcist priest.

Some things are not falling into the right places here.

PID killed himself in the same village?

Did his driver grab anything from PID before he walked into the sea?

It's night time here. I'm too chicken to rewatch. :joy:

As for Father Yang. I don't know.

I just find that something is not right there.

His look. Is not of someone possessed. More of someone who worshipped the Devil and see the Devil as his God.

The eyes. The smirk. That look. I really really can't shake off that look he has.

The defaced bible could also be a sign of a devil worshipper who no longer believes in God and is mocking God by defacing it.

It's just like he is not PID but he worship PID and hence has his backing at his back (pun intended) 

27 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

As for Father Yang. I don't know.

I just find that something is not right there.

His look. Is not of someone possessed. More of someone who worshipped the Devil and see the Devil as his God.

The eyes. The smirk. That look. I really really can't shake off that look he has.

The defaced bible could also be a sign of a devil worshipper who no longer believes in God and is mocking God by defacing it.

It's just like he is not PID but he worship PID and hence has his backing at his back (pun intended) 

I agree with you, and i love how, PY have placed the defaced bible out in the public just like this, one could have hid it so his secrets will never be known but nope haha.

29 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I don't think he was the exorcist priest. Mateo's exorcist mentor was killed in the Truck of Doom incident.

PHJ managed to touch the cross passed to her by Mateo but had an extremely adversely reaction to that (privately)

But didn't PY first said that he quit being a exorcist priest after he suffered symptoms of his soul getting eaten away? Hence the drinking..

36 minutes ago, maribella said:

It might work, but at the same time it might be too unrealistic, because i bet at that time the house was never there right?

Even if it's there, how could PID just sneak in to HP house at night to place something on the ground :joy:

Imagine getting caught hahaha

35 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

PID killed himself in the same village?

Did his driver grab anything from PID before he walked into the sea?

It's night time here. I'm too chicken to

When someone (can’t remember who) was recounting who PID was, he said that PID killed a cousin and that was when his wealthy family rejected him. Then he went to HP’s village. 

I am chicken like you too, so skipped a lot, especially the early episodes when so many got killed. :grimace:

7 minutes ago, maribella said:

When someone (can’t remember who) was recounting who PID was, he said that PID killed a cousin and that was when his wealthy family rejected him. Then he went to HP’s village. 

I am chicken like you too, so skipped a lot, especially the early episodes when so many got killed. :grimace:

Oh I think it’s the driver’s son, who is a shoe marker.

if I could remember correctly he killed an entire house of maids that were serving him. I think that was after the murder of the cousin.

@mrsj3n I think the driver got the blood of PID all over hence the possession.

21 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

I agree with you, and i love how, PY have placed the defaced bible out in the public just like this, one could have hid it so his secrets will never be known but nope haha.

But didn't PY first said that he quit being a exorcist priest after he suffered symptoms of his soul getting eaten away? Hence the drinking..

It might work, but at the same time it might be too unrealistic, because i bet at that time the house was never there right?

Even if it's there, how could PID just sneak in to HP house at night to place something on the ground :joy:

Imagine getting caught hahaha

:tounge_xd:you forgot the timeline... :grin:that would be funny if they lived at the same time.

For argument’s sake, PID was the congresswoman’s great uncle, so the house was not there, true. They built the house in the area that PID buried his ‘power’.  We are going to find out what it is in the next episode, my guess may be way off.

Archived