[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

4 hours ago, tatka said:

Can someone please enlighten me on what is Yoon's curse exactly? I guess I somehow missed it… Or is it just that thing about exorcist priests that they get their soul "eaten" little by little?

Oh, Er. So he will get the feeling of getting stabbed quite often.

As for the spirits, if Yoon meets them for the third time he will die.Roughly something like that. In the next episode, I think it’s his second time?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, tatka said:

Can someone please enlighten me on what is Yoon's curse exactly? I guess I somehow missed it… Or is it just that thing about exorcist priests that they get their soul "eaten" little by little?

It was in episode 9 when Yoon was performing the exorcism on little girl, Seo-Yoon - the spirits sort of put a curse on him, making it sound like a prophecy where they said “You’re not an exorcist priest anymore, you’ve broken the vow. You’ll be kicked out, you won’t be protected by the deities either. You shouldn’t have fallen for Yun Hwa-Pyung. You’re going to die soon like your brother. You’ll feel the pain of being stabbed every night starting from today. When you meet us for the second time, you’ll get stab wounds all over your body. Your fresh and blood will rot, so will your soul. When you meet us for the third time, you will definitely die.”

Tonight’s episode will be the second time... :tears:

25 minutes ago, pamperedpanda said:

It was in episode 9 when Yoon was performing the exorcism on little girl, Seo-Yoon - the spirits sort of put a curse on him, making it sound like a prophecy where they said “You’re not an exorcist priest anymore, you’ve broken the vow. You’ll be kicked out, you won’t be protected by the deities either. You shouldn’t have fallen for Yun Hwa-Pyung. You’re going to die soon like your brother. You’ll feel the pain of being stabbed every night starting from today. When you meet us for the second time, you’ll get stab wounds all over your body. Your fresh and blood will rot, so will your soul. When you meet us for the third time, you will definitely die.”

Tonight’s episode will be the second time... :tears:

Have faith that Yoon will not die...If he dies....(Speechless) actually if anyone of the trio dies...

2 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I think I am a fatalist. I see that there will be deaths. It's one way to get myself ready to face any scene.

I know right, i too deep down know that someone highly will die, but i just shut one eye to tell myself that i will wish for the best for all of them.

PS...somehow i treat them like real life characters:huh:

But at the same time if someone dies I will hide in my cave to cry. :confounded:

2 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

I'm a firm believer that PID will die. 

:joy:

It's Wednesday!!!!!

I'm all psyched up and will check back if @Dramanoona is doing live recap because I'm just too chicken to watch it at night! 

Same! Hahaha that cause i can't watch it live haha...Honestly i don't really find it very scary, but the scene which Priest Choi breaks HP's father's finger, then i jumped haha

So.. my recap is as I understand what's happening on-screen. Mianhae if there are some unclear moments....

It will begin in 9 minutes...

Begins!

Scene:

recap of previous episodes. Up to where his father was still alive and talking about haraboji and events after that.

And the break-up of the Trinity. Father yang, blind shaman, ghost father, Mateo and his curse, GY and her possessed partner.

Scene: Partner car

Dt Ko yelling at GY and GY telling HP where they are. Accident.

HP and Mateo on the way.

GY injured in car and her partner is at the back of the car. [I am creeped out by his expression] GY manages to lock the car door as her partner bangs on teh window and goes to the other side and slashes at her through the open window.

She manages to slide out of the car and her partner now gets out of the car and starts chasing after her while laughing.

She runs into an abandoned junkyard. Partner has a really creepy smile.

She runs up the starirs in the abandoned building and her partner takes his time running after her (with that creepy smile)

Phew! Last minute she manages to enter a room and lock the door but it leads to nowhere. Her partner is having that possessed laughter and talking to her through the door. He is trying to persuade her to open the door. She is telling him to wake up and mentions ghost.

Partner is now groaning and saying he is in pain....then suddenly he is switching between the possessed voice and is like a maniac attacking the door.

HP and Mateo arrives at the accident scene and sees the empty car. They look around and HP points at the abandoned building.

It's all quiet where GY is. The partner seems to have disappeared but he has climbed out ffrom the outside.

Gahhhhhh.. fight scene with partner slashing at GY. {me screaming!} He smashes her head against the wall. He is now dragging her somewhere. Towards the edge of the building. he intends to throw her over the edge but she grabs on to the rope at the side. GY is pleading with her partner. He is saying something to her. [Arghhhh... scary!]

Partner sees Mateo and Hp arriving. HP yells for GY. Partner leaves GY hanging at the side of the building as he goes and meets the other two.

Partner is talking to HP and saying all his family members died because of him. HP goes and pulls GY up from the side of the building. GY is thanking him but she loks like she is going to pass out.  [If GY dies, that's it!]

GY wakes up and has HP help pull her up. HP brings her to their car.

Mateo calls HP. [screams - my screams!] Partner was coming up behind HP but HP pepper sprays him and handcuffs him to the car. Partner looks fully possessed. HP is talking to the possessed partner and some information is coming out. Partner's face looks totally evil!

Mateo arrives as the possessed partner is chanting something to HP and it is getting weird. Mateo walks towards them. He realises the chanting is affecting HP and he shouts HP's name and HP wakes up.

GY regains consciousness and says her partner is possessed, not PID.

Can’t wait for the recap haha

Cause poor me I can only watch the clips on YouTube and naver :sweatingbullets: but even without the recap..Wow..the first few clips are pretty thrilling with the chase scene and all.

Scene: Abandoned building

Mateo is starting the exorcism. Partner is taunting Mateo and telling HP how Mateo is cursed. Mateo keeps with the ritual.

But partner keeps saying something in return. It is affecting Mateo. HP looks concerned.  Partner is saying something about Mateo's family. Partner is convulsing and laughing maniacally.  [WOW! Daeabak!]

Mateo goes and does a cross on the forehead with holy water. Partner reveals about the curse on Mateo and what will happen to Mateo when he meets the spirits again. Mateo screams for GY and HP to leave.

GY and HP are talking.

I think GY is asking them to save her partner.

HP heads back to where Mateo is. GY gets a call and it's her partner's phone. His wife is calling and she is asking where her husband is. GY says he can't come to the phone.

Mateo is continuing the exorcism and he suddenly collapses. Partner starts bleeeding from his injury.

HP come back and is concerned about mateo. Gy is trying to ease partner's wife concerns. GY is starting to cry.....She apologises because her partner got injured because of her.

The partner's wife mentions how he treats her like a real little sister and worries about her. [God... I am crying - they need to save him]

HP is talking to Mateo and he picks up the spilled holy water and he tells HP he needs more water.  HP tries to find some in the abandoned building. Mateo runs over. GY goes back to her partner who is unconscious.

MAteo finds a bathtub and they are trying to fill it with water. Success!

GY is walking towards the partner. HP comes back and GY asks if her partner is ok.  Mateo is blessing the water in the tub [to make holy water] He puts his cross in the tub and it glows. PArtner is awake. He is staring at  something and partners neck starts cracking. GY is pleading with her partner. HP yells for MAteo. Tears are coming out from partner's eyes.

They put him in the water and the partner is screaming (possessed voice) Partner is screaming for PID. MAteo continues with the ritual. PArtner scerems PID and the lights flicker. MAteo pushes partner back into water and continues chanting. Partner gets up and starts throwing up the water (as per all possessed)

He is saved! But now I worry for Mateo because he doesn't look too good.

AD Break

Omg debak! Wow! But Mateo...:bawling:hurt again.

Wow..One of the clips the possessed just chanting to HP..Priest die(Literal) HP’s face so scary...Something about him in deep trance...

Scene: Hospital

PArtner back in hospital and says to his wife he can't remember. Mateo was outside his door. GY is on  a hospital bed and HP is next to her.

She asks about her partner and he says he is ok. ANd HP  worries for GY.

GY thanks HP but HP says it's all because of him.

HP says he has to do this on his own and tells them to stop. He mentions his family and how they died.

GY sounds like she wants to continue. Mateo walks towards them.

THE TRINITY!

MAteo asks if GY is ok and she thanks Mateo.

Mateo looks at HP and then leaves. HP goes after him.

HP is mentioning what the partner said about the second time meeting the spirits aka the curse. Mateo is being close lipped and trying to brush it off.

HP is saying something about facing things together. Mateo walks off and is at a bus stop

He hears the curse being spoken by people at the bustop. He clutches his chest.  [Oh nooooo!]

He runs off and looks at himself in a mirror. he unbuttons his shirt.............and we see bruising and cuts.  He sees the ghosts who attacked him in the mirror and hits the mirror with his fist.

HP is at YK's place and was woken up by YK slapping him..

HP is eating and talking with YK.

A light moment I suppose in their conversation. Because the background music is lighter.

[I have a bad feeling about YK]

Back at the station. GY is working. Another officer asks about partner and he is back at work. GY looks awkward [ I suppose realising your partner had resentments enough to be possessed...hmmm]

Partner is talking as usual with GY but GY looks stressed out. Gy wipes a tear off her face.

HP is looking at the CCTV and the video towards partner's room is missing. So we do not know who went into the room. GY is there too to check the CCTV. 

They discuss what happened.

HP stares at the CCTV and thinks back to what he saw ( someone walking down the corridor to partner's room]

Mateo goes and sees YK.

He asks about HP. YK talks about PID's  effect on HP and his life.

YK asks why Mateo suddenly came to see him.

Mateo is acting strange.....

It looks like he is convinced HP is PID. 

Mateo leaves YK.

YK is now suspicious.

HP is drinking water at his apartnment  and he suddenly grabs his eye. He sees his father's ghost again. No...it's Mateo.

Mateo looks paranoid. MAteo takes the holy water and he grabs HP to try and put the holy water on HP. They fight.

HP says do it! MAteo takes the cross and starts chanting and he pauses. HP tells him to do it [put the cross on the forehead]

He doesn't press the cross to HP forehead. HP tells him to wake up....

AD Break

Scene: Mateo at the bus-stop [I swear that they save on his clothes for the drama]

He has a flashback to when he was ounger and being bullied by the other kids and it was Father Yang who protected him.

He started throwing rocks at Father Yang and cries about his father and mother.

Father Yang was the one who comforted him. [I can see how he is reluctant to believe it is Father Yang]

Mateo goes to see F Yang but he isn't there.

Mateo goes up to F Yang's room.

Scene:

HP goes to YK's place.

Bt YK doesn't seem to be there. He is driving somewhere [my bad feeling is back]

HP calls  him and YK is wearing his shaman gear. YK is telling him something. HP tells him to quickly come back.

Mateo is in F YAng's room. The cross is back to normal (!)

He looks around the drawers. He finds nothing.

Scene change (whiplash for me!)

YK is in the forest somewhere and clutching his bells. Not forest! He goes back to haraboji's house shaking his bells and chanting.

Crap! YK starts to s ee something and he frantically digs at the ground. (much like what happened in the forest)

There is something there and he is being lifted up in the air!

HP is at YK's place and suddenly the candle gets blown out. he lights it and it gets blown out again.

YK is being choked by something. Argghhhh

He gets lftted up and choked and starts bleeding from the mouth.... NOOOOOOO

YK grabs his bells and starts shaking them again and runs away.

HP tries calling YK. YK is in his car and he answers his call. YK is saying something to him. He mentions soemething about PID and starts being choked aain. Something is going towards his car! (ala Evil Dead!!!!)

MAteo is about to leave the room when he spots a bible (?)

Back to YK driving away and he gets out of the car still throwing up blood. He acts like he is being chased by something and blood is pouring out........ ANDWEEEEE

He screams at whatever is chasing after him. There is a cracking sound......Ahhhhhhhh......{it really happened....YK!!!}

And a man with black pants and shoes walks to YK.

Mateo finds that the bible is full of black scribbings. No holy words can be seen.

I think we confirm who is PID....

Father Yang goes back to where YK was digging and puts the soil back.....

.....END....

OMG.. I got goose pimples at the end when we end with Father Yang looking at the screen.

Preview seems to focus on Father Yang.

And the last shot is a bloody PHJ walking down a street.

Ok. I didn't cry in this episode but my feeling is of shock.

There was not one moment of respite in this episode.

Every scene is important (and I think clearer with subs)

I suppose I knew what was coming (YK)

Not sure if F Yang is truly PID (yet) but they need to find the object which was buried in order to destroy him. (like the crow in the first case and the knife in the other case)

Archived