[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

7 minutes ago, maribella said:

:tounge_xd:you forgot the timeline... :grin:that would be funny if they lived at the same time.

For argument’s sake, PID was the congresswoman’s great uncle, so the house was not there, true. They built the house in the area that PID buried his ‘power’.  We are going to find out what it is in the next episode, my guess may be way off.

Sorry my bad haha, you know how the more you watch the more things you might forget when it’s not that highlighted for the viewers? PID timeline as a human isn’t really counted as a main story so I tend to forget haha

Oh wait...Didn’t grandfather saw the driver standing in the sea? Then at that point of time, the house might already be there. 

*Brain burnt from processing about guest too much haha*

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aoikarin
49 minutes ago, maribella said:

PID lived there when he started to act out his evil behaviour. Maybe he buried something to ensure his evil soul keeps coming back. It happened to be around HP’s house?

Even if Father Yang is not PID, he has a defaced bible, that has a significance.

It makes me wonder how he manages to preach all those years and handles the crucifix. He is also an exorcist priest.

Some things are not falling into the right places here.

in ep 4 priest Yang told HP that he quit being exorcist priest 20 years ago, right after visited HP's house. It's strange that he keeps drink alcohol while he's no longer exorcist priest.  The moment he saw HP after 20 years ago, PY recognised HP right away, a flash back of young HP was shown. 

In ep 7 Priest Yang told HP and Mateo that in case of complete possession (it happened to him, i guess) the soul and the body belongs to the demon. So he's no longer human but the demon itself. It can go to church. A cross, Bible, holy water will hardly affect it. It's bearable for the demon to stay in disguise. So how's our trio fight PID then??? :scream: :skull:

I’m just sourcing around, even after the reveal, people are still talking about who is the actual PID(I see HP,PY,Even Grandpa:huh: as possible choices) , other theory is that HP needs to get possessed to kill PID is also floating around too. Let’s just have a open mind...Anything can be possible for this drama.:sweatingbullets:

33 minutes ago, aoikarin said:

in ep 4 priest Yang told HP that he quit being exorcist priest 20 years ago, right after visited HP's house. It's strange that he keeps drink alcohol while he's no longer exorcist priest.  The moment he saw HP after 20 years ago, PY recognised HP right away, a flash back of young HP was shown. 

In ep 7 Priest Yang told HP and Mateo that in case of complete possession (it happened to him, i guess) the soul and the body belongs to the demon. So he's no longer human but the demon itself. It can go to church. A cross, Bible, holy water will hardly affect it. It's bearable for the demon to stay in disguise. So how's our trio fight PID then??? :scream: :skull:

Did Father Yang say a cross and holy water won’t affect a demon? 

If a person is possessed by demon, the demon is driven out by those items plus prayers and incantations- from what I saw in movies. So how could a person turned demon be unaffected by those things? 

4 minutes ago, maribella said:

Did Father Yang say a cross and holy water won’t affect a demon? 

If a person is possessed by demon, the demon is driven out by those items plus prayers and incantations- from what I saw in movies. So how could a person turned demon be unaffected by those things? 

Father Yang did say that a fully possessed human, the demon will lead the life without fear of the cross and bibles all that. (It no longer will affect them, even if it did, it will not be as painful as usual.) It’s like the demon become the person himself.

Watching adverts while waiting for the episode....

Begins!

Scene: Church service

Father Yang leading the service.

Congregants singing hymns.

Mateo walks in.

He looks at F Yang. He walks towards him. And goes to a pew.

he is staring at F Yang.

HP in a car going to Gyeyangjn. GY's voiceover saying something about YK.

F Yang begins his sermon. Mateo is saying the exorcism words. F Yang changes a line. Along with Mateo chants. 

Oooohhhh....

F YAng is holding the wafer and pours holy water (?) into the goblet.

He holds the wafer and says a blessing (?) [Sorry,  I am not a Catholic so I amguessing]

He breaks the wafer and it looks like he is pretending to eat it. And drinks the water from the goblet. (hm....)

He gives the wafer to the congregants. MAteo walks towards F Yang. He grabs the goblet and pours out the water. He confronts F Yang and says something to him.

The congregants are in shock and Mateo shouts out PID.

There are a group of priests icluding F Yang disciplining Mateo. He mentions PID and his suspicions about F Yang. They have the bible. F Yang is denying. Not sure if F Yang is now turning the tables by mentioning what Mateo has been doing. F Yang looks so 'caring' and looks to be 'counselling' Mateo.

Mateo goes to F Yang and outs his cross on F Yangs head. No outward reaction but F Yang grabbed the chair.

F Yang stares at Mateo and Mateo clutches his chest.

[I can safely say even if F Yang is not PID, he is very very strong]

HP is back at the village looking for YK.

HP remembers the last phone call he had with YK when YK mentioned PID.

HP calls GY.

GY calls the police commisioner and asks for help (?) The commisioner who has ties with PHJ. He hangs up on her.

Gy looks to be going somewhere and the partner comes in. He is back to normal.

PHJ is at an event. She is receiving a commendation from some nuns.

GY is there and stares at PHJ. Flashback to when PHJ killed the schoolgirl.

[Sometimes evil is in plain sight]

PHJ sees GY. PHJ asks about GY's seniors.

A woman runs in and screams something about PHJ.

GY runs after her to ask her why she was screaming. She identifies herself as a police officer but the woman thought she was PHJ's person.

But GY says something and the woman is talking to her and saying something PHJ had done. I heard F Yang mentioned.

[I need to understand this conversation!]

She shows GY an envelope and she is mentioning the connection between PHJ and Father Yang.

PHJ is calling someone.

She takes another phone and calls F Yang.

F Yang is packing up. He is reassuring her about something.

Someone knocks on the door. It's an old priest. F Yang seems to be preparing a story so he can leave and he mentions Mateo.

Mateo is in his residence and he is thinking back to the times F Yang spoke to him and also when he was a child.

[This would mean that F Yang was possessed even when Mateo was a child]

It's a big blow to Mateo. He looks devastated. He calls GY.

HP is at the hospital looking at his haraboji. He is talking to his haraboji.

Suddenly he clutches his eye.

A friend from the village walks in and HP asks him to look after his haraboji.

HP is back at the fields. He sees YK's ghost (oh noooooo - He is dead!)

YK waves to him and then he disappears. YK is on the road and wves to him again. YK disappears. [HP doesn't realise he is dead yet]

He sees YK waving from another place and pointing to a spot. (where he died)

HP stares at the spot. He looks to be getting flashes of the scene where YK died. But there is no body?

HP is sitting back in his car.

He gets a call from GY. HP tells her that YK is dead. Mateo is on the line too. He says something and now HP is driving back to the city.

The Trinity meet on a roadside.

Mateo shows the defaced bible to HP.

I think they are talking about how to handle F Yang.

Mateo tells HP that maybe YK was in Gyerangjin because of what he said to YK.

HP gives Mateo a punch. GY tells him to stop and HP walks to his car. But GY says something and he stops.

Ad Break

BAck at the church.

Mateo is facing a panel of priests. He mentions HP and it looks like the priests do not want to listen.

Mateo mentions F Yang. [It looks like he is gettting censured and is placed in isolation? for penance?]

HP and GY are at a hospital and looking for something.

They are talking about YK too.

HP now heads out and says he will do this alone. Something about PHJ.

He walks off.

GY is back at the station and talks to her partner.  He mentions someone was looking for her. [I think it is the woman who screamed at PHJ] The woman gives some more information. The woman asks to meet.

She has an envelope in her hand. Someone knocks on her door. [Oh ohhhhh] It's PHJ.

PHJ is talking to the woman and mentions F Yang. [Wow, today we are hearing a lot about F Yang]

The woman doesn't seem to be too accommodating.

She tells PHJ to leave.

PHJ passes her a black bag. [Nooooooooooo]

The woman smacks the black bag away and she screams at PHJ.

PHJ is getting that look. The woman physically pushes her and the woman mentions something about 20 years ago.

PHJ grabs a metal object and bashes the woman's head in and screams at the woman. [I don't kow whether this is possession or she is truly insane - My God]

Arghhhhh!! F Yang is at the hospital staring at haraboji. He walks towards haraboji and says something to him. Gahhhhhh.. He reaches out to choke haraboji but his phone rings. [Phew]

I think it is PHJ calling to tell him what she had done.

GY is calling (I think the woman)

GY is treating her partner to a meal.

PHJ is sitting in the woman's house and she is dead.

F Yang arrives.

He stares at the dead woman.

She screams at F Yang. Woooow.....he slaps her hard until she fell down.

He mentions something about 20 years ago.

PHJ looks like she is having a mental breakdown and walks out to the street in her bloody clothes.

Her driver is waiting for her. She gets into the car and they drive away.

Father Yang is doing the clean-up. Looks like the clothing of the person who buried Priest Choi....hmmmmm

GY and partner looking for the woman's house. They arrive.

They enter the house.

It looks clean.

Ehhh... Father Yang can be a professional assassin. No signs of the woman.

GY walks out. She walks to the rubbish heap outside the house.

She finds the metal trophy with blood on it.

AD Break with Wanna One.. hahaha...

GY and partner sees the trophy.

F Yang is digging a grave. [The mountains must be littered with bodies!]

He drags the body to the hole. There are sounds in the body bag. The woman was still alive. He unzips the bag. She says something to him and mentions PHJ. [wrong person....]

F Yang says something to her. He starts to choke her. And he is chanting....[I am sure not to Saint Michael]

And so the woman is dead.

PHJ is washing off the blood.

F Yang calls her and he mentions that the police were there but nothing was found.

HP is sitting in his car and he is following someone.

PHJ driver.....

He is picking up F Yang from the forest. Oooh... F Yang is doing the black voodoo on him.

HP finds the car [again too late????]

He walks to the car. Looks like no one is around.

No one in the car. HP sees F Yang staring at him.

He walks to F Yang. F YAng is talking to him and HP has a flashback of his mother and grandmother.

HP asks a lot of why and then he goes to F Yang and punches him. F Yang just lets him punch him...

[HP.... he wants you to give in to your dark side!! Sigh]

Mateo's room.

He is woken up by the sight of someone saying the curse. And it's himself! He talks about the third time and death. The illusion MAteo has slashed his writsts and is slashing his wrists while laughing maniacally at MAteo.

Mateo wakes up and he is holding a piece of glass with his wrist cut. (Freddy Kreuger?)

Back at dead woman's house with police officers processing the scene.

No CCTV... (hah)

She finds her recording. It was recording when PHJ started smashing the woman's head in.

Up to the point when she was calling F Yang.

GY's superior is reluctant to proceed even after hearing the recording.

GY walks out in disgust. Her partner chases after her.

GY says she is going after PHJ.

She mentions how she got away with killing the schoolgirl 20 years ago. her partner tries to reason with her.

HP has tied F Yang to a tree. [Noo... the other two are not there!]

Flashback to when F Yang and Priest Choi were there at his haraboji home.

[Are humans devils or are devils human - this is going around in my brain now]

HP tapes F Yang's mouth. He receives a call from GY who tells him about what PHJ has done.

He mentions F Yang is with him.

[Why is F Yang being so meek at the moment...suspicious......]

F Yang says something while HP's handphone is still on.

GY calls Mateo.

Mateo says he is coming over.

[I think they are going to try to exorcise Father Yang. This will be the third time that Mateo meets the spirits...]

he remembers what they said.  [my heart is prepared]

Mateo gives from the window. And leaves the church.

[It's only Ep 14!!!]

He turns to look back at the church. And walks away.

A different version of the OST is playing.

Mateo calls HP. F Yang is conscious.

Mateo runs to the forests.

The police officer sees a person drinking alot of water. At the dead woman's house.

It's the dead woman..... who is now possessed.

Back to the forest, The whispering voices have appeared. F Yang is now shouting what YK's last words were.

F Yang mentions the sea....

Haraboji has disappeared??? NO longer in hospital and the lights were flickering.

The dead woman grabs a metal pole and walks to the police officer.... LAGGGGGGS!

HP turns and looks....and sees ...

The driver stabs HP! And we had F Yang staring at us yesterday. Today it is the possessed driver.

The dead woman stabs herself in the eye...

END....

WHATTTTTTTTTTT!!!

And my goosepimples have appeared.

Preview

F Yang looks healthy.

Everyone including HP  looks healthy.....

But the Trinity are together.

Definitely it will take the three of them to defeat PID.

Note: There are a lot of scenes which cut back and forth between all the characters. But the editing is done really smoothly. Kudos to the editing team.

You know, once the episode ended, all I could think of was that Mateo is still alive.

He is the one i am most worried about now.

Is it strange I found him most attractive in this episode?

[You must watch the scene where he dreamt that he was slashing his wrists - epic!]

Just now, Dramanoona said:

You know, once the episode ended, all I could think of was that Mateo is still alive.

[You must watch the scene where he dreamt that he was slashing his wrists - epic!]

Omg, I have not watched it yet, but just by you saying it,it sound so epic! Can’t wait!

7 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

it’s not strange because he really is more so than usual attractive in this episode! I mean whose great idea was it to dress him in that suit while jumping off the rooftop!? *gasps for air* :phew:

That scene was insanely epic - the cackle and everything, Kim Jae Wook totally brought his total A-game. 

9 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Tell me what you think when you have watched it. Hahaha...

@DramanoonaSo the highlight just came out I saw it...Eh KJW have his voice villain smile haha! It’s really cool, but at the sight of the glass slashes *goosebumps* 

the trailer: people complain about CY and GY’s dress code so they gave them new styles:lol:

wonder who’s hands PY is shaking? Haraboji? :confounded: so unbearable...have to wait again.

5 minutes ago, pamperedpanda said:

Putting all my bets on Father Yang holding Harabeoji’s hands... I mean, it looks like Harabeoji’s jacket plus Father Yang was the last one seen with him!? Hmmm. 

In someway or another Haraboji must be possessed now.

Curious to know How are they gonna win PID with just two episodes left? 

Just How! *dig my face on to my pillow and frail in anger* 

Honestly though, if HP’s powers returns and they don’t use it somehow and just focus on the exorcism part of things to defeat PID, then they have wasted probably almost one episode worth or more of showing  HP getting back his powers and eye pain all of that (Then I will be very disappointed in the drama)

Archived