Quantcast

[The Guest] Ep 11 Kim Dong Wook's possessed father stabbed his grandfather and killed himself

guest.png

Article: Naver 'The Guest' Kim Dong Wook's desperate cries... even fans just watching the TV would cry 

1. [+234,-1]
When the father heard the sound of the ring falling out, he got to his senses. I felt so bad for the heartrending desperate struggle he went through.. It was a pity and they are so cruel to the leads. 

2. [+144,-2]
Feels like I've heard the name Park Il Do a hundred times on broadcast. 

3. [+143,-3]
His acting is really good, it's not too much, neither is it too lacking. It's perfect. I'm looking at Kim Dong Wook in a new light. Even if Park Il Do is Hwa Pyung, it doesn't seem unreasonable too. His family members were killed, how can he get through it? 

4. [+77,-3]
ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I cried. Ah, I feel bad for Hwa Pyung. Can't the three be happy? 

5. [+62,-1]
Seems like he's talented in acting. 

6. [+22,-0]
Kim Dong Wook-nim acts really well.. It's not strange if you cry after being filled with sadness.. Please stop trying to keep it in. My heart hurts. I'm really enjoying this. I'm always supporting you. 

7. [+22,-1]
I thought about why they named him Park Il Do.. chinilpa [t/n: Pro-Japanese] = Park Il Do = Japanese Island. [t/n: Il = Japan, Do = Island] It was a good one.

8. [+16,-0]
The lead is Paaaaaaaaarkkkkkk Illlll Dooooooooo. 

9. [+13,-0]
Ah, Kim Dong Wook's emotional acting is really good. 

cr

• Like 2

Scene: Hospital

HP is sitting outside with the photo of his father.

Flashback when his dad hung himself at the bridge.

Grandfather bleeding at home.

Looks like his haraboji is in hospital (YAY) and a voiceover (doctor)saying something.

HP shows his father's portrait to his haraboji (unconscious) to tell him his father is really gone.

Scene: At cremation centre

Mateo and GY there with him. Yun Kwang as well.

HP looks so lost.  *sad*

Mateo and GY talking to each other as in preview. They are saying both the father and haraboji not PID and they should do something for HP.

Father Yang arrives.

HP collects his father's urn. Argh... his face!

HP sees the other two and remembers what his possessed father said about people around him will die.

He walks to them and mentions he wants to talk to him.

HP is telling them something. I think this is the break up scene.

He says not to contact each other again.

Again Father Yang's weird appearance.

Mateo and GY talking. I think they are going ahead with trying to find PID.

GY says she has no family left.

Now the idea is to focus on PHJ. [If you see the look Mateo gives GY and Mateo wasn't a priest, I would believe there's romance]

Father Yang calls out Mateo when GY leaves.

Scene: Hospital

HP talking to his haraboji (still unconscious)

HP feels very apologetic towards haraboji because of his suspicions before his haraboji got stabbed. [Me: I hope that haraboji survives to see HP married...sigh]

HP is crying. [Kim Dong Wook - his performance - in awe]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Scene:

Father Yang meets with Mateo. But why is Mateo hearing the voice of the possessed??!!

Father YAng is telling Mateo about 20 years ago. I think some information is being shared here about HP at that time.

Father Yang mentions that PID is in HP.

Mateo doesn't believe this. He is trying to rationale it out with Father Yang.

[Limited Korean but I think this conversation is important so subs are needed!]

Father Yang leaves MAteo and MAteo thinks back to what the possessed said to him about him dying.

Scene: Hospital (creepy corridor)

HP feels something behind him and his right eye starts hurting. [Oh no!]

The lights flicker along the corridor and HP's eye is bleeding!

PID appears in front of him and HP shouts PID while clutching his bleeding eye.

Then it all stops. Was it his imagination??

Scene:

Yun Kwang having a drink with HP at a food shop.

YK trying to give some advice. [I don't feel good about this because YK has seen himself die twice(?)]

HP says YK is like his hyung.

He is not answering Mateo's call [ike a breakup]

Mateo calls GY. He asks if she is free but she says she is looking into PHJ etc.

He hangs up and GY's partner comes in complaining about something.

GY meets with PHJ.

PHJ looks more and more stressed as GY talks about PID. [Power to GY!]

Ooohhh... a conversation which makes PHJ nervous.

Ad break

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Scene: Hopsital

Mateo is at a hospital listening to a nurse speak.

He is visiting the female shaman who became blind 20 years ago trying to exorcise HP. The one who said HP had to die.

She says something about ghosts.

When he mentions PID, there is a change in her demeanor and keeps talking about 'the child' referring to HP. [Very creepy - close ups of the blind shaman as she speaks and the background music]

She turns to look at Mateo and seems to be saying about ghosts around him. And she shouts about people dying and gets upset. The nurse comes in to try and calm her down. [Bells ringing  in the background like what a shaman uses]

Scene:

HP eye hurts again and he suddenly sees his dad (?)

He starts running about his dad. [Last episode had a lot of runnning scene and now again!}

He sees his father at a telephone booth and suddenly he disappears.

HP stares at the booth.

Scene: HP residence

YK comes to visit with oranges and is shocked to hear about what HP saw.

YK talks about his dad visiting him.

HP wonders why he sees his dad again suddenly [Is he getting the ability he had as a child back!? IS PID getting stronger?]

He remembers his father mention a phone call he received and then his behaviour change.

HP now thinks this must be a clue.

Scene:

GY staking out PHJ

PHJ calls someone. She mentions she wants to meet the person who she is calling. [Smart GY must have stirred the water and now PHJ needs reassurance]

GY follows PHJ's vehicle [huh... it's now night - they must be going long distance]

GY is still following PHJ.

PHJ car stops and she is looking up into the sky. GY trails behind her. [Does PHJ know she is being followed?]

We are back at the tunnel. PHJ is walking down the tunnel very calmly and GY is trying to see who she is talking to.

It' s....

Spoiler

Father Yang!!! But no clue whether he is PID yet

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why is Father Yang in the tunnel? Is he PID? Stay tuned. #theguess

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeijei said:

Why is Father Yang in the tunnel? Is he PID? Stay tuned. #theguess

Haha you are an emcee. Haha Stay Tuned! 

• Like 1

Scene:

HP at the phone booth trying to make a call (dunno to who)

But no one picked up the call.

Scene:

PHJ meeting with GY's superior. [Hmm....I think she is trying to get GY off her case]

I hear her mention GY's name. And HP's name.

[I don't like what is happening]

She has pictures of the Trinity and implying that the three are in kahoots. She gets upset and throws her glass against the wall.

Scene

Now GY's partner is being reprimanded by the boss.

Her partner is telling her about what has happened with her boss.

GY is being stubborn and her partner is trying to warn her off PHJ.

[Maybe it's time to tell her partner what has been happening]

So now she mentions PID. She tells her partner about what happened 20 years ago and that PID is a ghost and related to PHJ. The partner does not seem to believe and tells her to wake up.

Now GY is trying to remind him what happened in previous cases.

GY mentions how her partner doesn't believe her. [Like how she was not believing at first]

GY gives up trying to convince her partner.

Mateo meets GY.

MAteo updates GY about what the blind shaman said.

GY mentions that PHJ met with Father Yang.

GY flashbacks to when HP grabbed her by her throat (first case)

And se is still trying to get in touch with HP. She is at a car parking (basement)

She sees someone trying to get into a house.

It's PHJ's driver. He waves a knife at her.

Her partner is at the same place talking on the phone and sees GY running after the man.

He starts running and brings the man down. Her partner gets stabbed !

Partner is brought to hospital and his wife starts running.

Her boss arrives too.

Gy tells her boss that PHJ's driver was the one who stabbed her partner.

Her boss tells her that PHJ is a scary person. [Looks like her boss is trying to tell GY to hush up]

PHJ is getting upset with her driver screaming how could he do this to a police officer.

Her driver mentions how he needs to hide for now and PHJ agrees about him hiding.

PHJ calls someone.

Scene: daytime

HP keeps trying to call someone. And this time someone picks up. 

It's Father Yang who picked up!

Ad break

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Scene

Phew! Partner is okay and his wife is scolding him . Partner is trying to say he is ok.

He asks where GY is and no one knows. Now her partner is thinking about what she said and he recalls first case.

Door opens and we don't see who it is. [Dear God, not the partner!]

Scene: Church

HP has another episode. He see a hospital corridor. His nose starts bleeding.

HP has gone to see Father Yang.

He talks about his father.

They are now talking about HP father.

[I think HP was trying to call the number which his father received a call before he became possessed. So it was a call from Father Yang or at least from the church.]

HP sees Father Yang pouring alcohol into his drink. HP notices the cross is upside down. Oh ohhhhhhh....

HP goes and touches the cross but then his eye starts to hurt. [Oh noooooooo]

[Is Father Yang good or bad??]

Father Yang calls Mateo and tells him that HP visited him and is acting strangely. He mentions HP's eye. [It's like a game of who can you trust!]

Mateo suddenly clutches his chest {same as when he exorcised the little girl}

GY paces outside PHJ's office and grabs the driver but it's a different guy!

GY receives a call from partner.

Partner picks her up. [hmm... ]

He mentions that someone talked to him about PID [He looks surprisingly healthy after being stabbed - and her partner is sweating]

Oh nooooooo

They are driving to god knows where. Her partner is possessed!! Crap!!! Who visited him! It was someone he knew!

Partner is drinking water like no tomorrow. oh noooooo..... [lots of scene changes in this episode - it's jumping from one person to another - much like PID!]

HP is thinking about his father and Mateo meets him.

They start talking.

Seeds of doubt brewing between Mateo and HP.

HP covers his right eye to prove he is ok. But he gets the eerie eye and sees GY taling to her partner.

HP realises that her partner is possessed. ANd HP calls her.

Partner voice has changed. Voice of the possessed. The partner purposely drives to the side of the road and hits a tree (?)

GY in car. Partner is gone. He is at the boot of the car and pulls out a knife. ARgghhhhh!

I swear if the cliffhanger is we don't know what happened to GY ... Arghhhh!

Preview:

YK place.

Mateo clutching chest.

Trying to exorcise the partner.

Partner running after GY and I feel next episode is about Mateo. Because of what the possessed little girl said.

[Preview scenes whiplash]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was an exciting episode.

I do hope they will manage to exorcise the partner. But I think with every exorcism, a bit of Mateo's soul is taken.

So I hope that he tells the other two about what happened to him soon.

This is why I think next episode will be about Mateo.

PS. subtitles are very important so I will be  back once I have seen it again with subs. Haha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh my. The writer really knows how to screw our brains up with unexpected twist here and there haha.:joy:

My Brain is fried. After GY’s partner got possessed.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Yoon should stop stop stop exorcising till he gets authorization. Or else, he's gonna dieee 

This is so thrilling, folks. Thanks, @Dramanoona

YK foresees his death. He might be the last straw :/

Maybe instead of being one of them, HP has psychic power that can vanquish PID. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeijei said:

Yoon should stop stop stop exorcising till he gets authorization. Or else, he's gonna dieee 

This is so thrilling, folks. Thanks, @Dramanoona

YK foresees his death. He might be the last straw :/

Maybe instead of being one of them, HP has psychic power that can vanquish PID. 

But Yoon will never be able to get permission due to it not being recorded. Though.

• Like 1

Sad sad episode!! I knew grandpa was going to die...whn they fought!!!:tears: screw park ill do...why no one is suspicious of priest yang and going after him common:crazy: hong joo killed her father didn't she?? Why park ill do is after hwa pyung??? 

• Like 1

It should be recorded and there must be a doctor present during the rite. OCN is fun enough to produce Priest, but it seems that also involves rogue exorcists.

• Like 1

Intensive scenes next week

I just stumbled across one fan comment and I kind off clicked with it. So for the next Episode, Choi Yoon is getting hurt. While Episode 11, Gil Young gets hurt. They are literally going to the top step by step, weakening those who stand in their way to get Hwa Pyung. I also feel that the prophecy is true that "Everyone around him will die." 

Anyone noticed how almost each time,when Hwa Pyung is around or as long as it comes in to contact with Hwa Pyung people will either get possessed or murdered? When they say that "He is just like us." I think they meant the nature of Hwa Pyung,being like death in a way. Just like park ll do killing everyone. 

At this stage, Choi Yoon is injured spiritually and I'm afraid that he wouldn't have much soul left to defeat Park Ll Do. I don't even think that Gil Young will be much help either. Hwa Pyung, he could. But I think he has to take Park Ll Do in. (I know it's a bit out there but just bare with me)

Maybe the only way to win park ll do is to get in to the spiritual world. In which park ll do is vulnerable to being injured. Maybe, Hwa Pyung has to let Park ll do in so that he could fight him one on one. This is something that we must wait and see. Then from the human world, Choi Yoon will keep Hwa Pyung in check making sure that he doesn't lose the fight.

• Like 2

@Dramanoona thank you so much for the live recap! It's very intense just reading it as if I am watching with you too!

@sushilicious I think every episode fried our brain with the mind games. LOL

We are getting closer to the finale.

Will we know who is the real big bad in episode 13?

I don't know if I can take the guessing any longer. :joy: