[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@alekaonu @zenya22 I have just finished watching the episode 7. What caught my attention so far, is that all the possessed persons (except HP) suffered a lot due to other humans.

- The man who killed his wife and hid his daughter was somehow mistreated by his superior, the CEO.

- The brothers were abused by the mother.

- CSH resented his parents because he was somehow forced to become a priest.

- The boyfriend got bullied and his girlfriend witnessed his suicide and knew what was happening to him. She resented his colleagues for bullying him.

Somehow, they all held grudges against other humans... striking is that father Yang even defended CSH by criticizing the parents which could be seen as another clue for this theory that father Yang is the real demon/PID.

When I wrote about HP, saying that he was somehow an exception, I meant that only his father didn't like him talking about spirits. However, he was protected by his mother and grandparents. He didn't seem to have any grudge against his mother and grandmother... if so, it would have been against his father who yelled at him and was rather harsh towards him. Sure, I am still behind but I am not entirely certain yet that HP is responsible for his relatives' death. Yes, he left the house and hid... he even heard his mother's screams but I am still reluctant to jump to the conclusion that HP pushed his mother from the cliff or had his grandmother killed herself. Moreover, we didn't see the body of the grandmother wet. Yes, HP was possessed by PID but it seems to me that PID couldn't control entirely HP. The boy was able to hurt himself in order to stop himself from doing anything wrong. When the priest CSH got possessed, I have the impression that PID's soul didn't leave entirely HP due to his shamanic powers. To me, he has still a connection with PID. It reminds me of Harry Potter and Voldemort. Potter could see what Voldemort was doing and saying and I have the feeling, we have a similar situation here. 

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

To me, he has still a connection with PID. It reminds me of Harry Potter and Voldemort. Potter could see what Voldemort was doing and saying and I have the feeling, we have a similar situation here. 

Annyeong @bebebisous33 wow you are right! I have forgotten all about Harry Potter and Voldemort's love-hate relationship. Yup HP can see the possessed person's actions during killing and so on. And furthermore, more than one possessed person kept on saying HP is one of them. I'm excited to see the end of this drama to see if they are right about HP but I also don't want this drama to end so fast because I'm enjoying my weekly bouts of The Guest.

I'm so glad you have started watching this drama and thus, can join us here with your insights. I'm as usual quite passive in the thread, only you can draw me out from my shell :P

@alekaonu Thanks for the compliment.:wub: I would like to underline again why HP is so exceptional. Unlike all the others who killed themselves by hurting their own eyes, HP never did such a thing. Why? It is because his right eye was never entirely possessed by the demon. He couldn't see with this eye while possessed, a clue that HP was not entirely possessed and PID knew it hence he asked the kid not to mention "him" to the adults. I guess, this is due to his "shaman powers" that protected him from the "evil eye". This would explain why he can no longer see ghosts/spirits but on the other hand can see through the mind of a possessed one.

So many thoughts after watching every episodes.After reading your post @bebebisous33 , I kind of thought about the moment when HP got possessed when he was little.What if, PID was trying to find a host/home, but not actually possessing them? For example the host will lead a normal life, while PID hides in their body without the host knowing. It’s kind of like allow PID to recuperate and wait for the right moment to possess fully and also getting to oversee everything behind the curtains that sort of things. (HP being able to see the possessed, I felt that it could be a link (A hint) telling us that he is somehow related to a PID himself.) 

if ever Choi Yoon tells HP about what he heard from the possessed “He is just like us.” I think HP would start to doubt himself as well.  Could this be a hint to tell us, that he is somehow really related to them?

PS anyone thought what Seo Yeon saw when her father bow to PID looks a bit like HP’s silhouette?

HJ and the girl's appa met PID in a tunnel. That just says how physically weak he is -- like Voldemort. He needs a host. And if there's an object that binds the spirit to the host, then there must be some object that they need to find and destroy in order to defeat PID -- like a horcrux? lol Where are PID's remains, btw? 

So far we're presented with red herrings here and there. This show really loves it. I want to keep tabs on HP since this show is basically told from his perspective, and we know how thriller writers ever so often remind us not to readily believe what's initially presented to us.

Father Yoon will continue to suffer since he's no longer permitted to exorcise demons. Let's say his belief in God is solid, but he's going against church authorities and is thus sinning. And if the possessed dies during exorcism, he'll get jailed. :c

I wonder what is Hwa Pyung’s dark side is gonna be...:huh:

-He might have a hatred for the village, because everyone is scared of him.

-His hatred in his father whom left him

-His pain of his grandfather whom have taken part in almost killing Hwa Pyung

-His gulit of the death of his mother and grandmother

-And his hatred and anger towards Park Ll Do

I don’t believe that Hwa Pyung doesn’t feel anything when the village kind of shun him away and or anything that had happened. If he chose to keep it in, one day it will burst. Hwa Pyung led such a sad life. Imagine being in his shoes *Goosebumps*

Next Episode when he tracks down his father, it’s gonna be even more painful for him. But, we still got Choi Yoon and Gil Young to take care of Hwa Pyung. ^_^

woahhh cant wait to watch tonight's ep! hope more secrets will be revealed

i still dont think that grandpa is PID... like his caring eyes towards HP is so real that i dont think grandpa is possessed

maybe grandpa went to the city to watch over HP :-? ahhh i dont know

but if he is really PID... it will be so heartbreaking to see HP lost one more his beloved family member

and also seeing Yukkwang hyung broke that knife in ep 6 i think he's kinda strong? like he may look like that but his shaman ability maybe decent? so he could be one of the key to destroy PID

@alekaonu @zenya22  I have the feeling that since PID is a spirit that comes from the sea, his death is linked to the village. Why? First all the villagers don't dare to mention PID and they act as if they wanted to keep the past buried. 

Then like I mentioned it before, all the persons who became possessed suffered a lot before getting possessed hence they resented other human beings. We have the father who killed his chief, the girlfriend who tried to kill her boyfriend's former colleague, HP's father who saw his son as the culprit for his losses, SY who thought that her mother hated her, CSH who somehow resented his parents for doubting his faith, aso. So PID is a demon or a spirit who has a deep grudge against humans. Notice that his direct victims were linked to that village. In my opinion, the villagers might have been shipwreckers once or one time they witnessed a shipwrecking and refused to help the survivor PID so that he died in the sea from drowning. This would explain why there is no PID in the registers. PID was a foreigner. I couldn't help, while watching this drama, thinking of the horror movie "The fog". What caught my attention is this TG.png Each episode begins with this scene. Moreover, all the persons that were victims of PID were wet, drenched by sea water. Then we see all the possessed persons like SY spuking water... so the water could be definitely sea water. Maybe his "body" is still lying there. As for the red eye, maybe the villagers hurt his right eye, when they pushed him back to the sea, refusing to help him and even trying to kill him. That's why I came to the idea of shipwrecking... 

As for the "he is one of us", I have the feeling that the spirits were all victims who got really hurt by other humans and HP has this in common with the spirit. HP was stigmatized very early and when his parents died, the villagers excluded him even more. Yet, HP never resented them like the spirits as he has a very good heart. In my opinion, PID could never possess him entirely hence he left his body. Notice that his mother and grandmother were killed differently. All the others were stabbed or hurt that they would lose so much blood. His mother died in the sea and his grandmother hung herself. There was no blood. This is a clue that PID had not much power over HP. However, he has now realized that HP represents a thread to him hence he is trying to get rid of him through the father and his partners (he could become possess again).

I am still convinced that father Yang is the real master puppet. Notice that he is always aware of the latest discoveries. Even if he mentioned himself as a suspect, he immediately drew the attention to HP and it worked. The priest got suspicious of his own partner. From my point of view, the grandfather was just possessed by an inferior spirit. 

8 minutes ago, bella1025 said:

any update on the livestream? 

what happened?

Spoiler

His grandfather died. His father died too. His grandfather was killed by HP’s dad. But before all of this HP got arrested, Grandfather slaps HP.

Something is definitely wrong with Hwa Pyung. Ah next episode! 

Edit:Okay. Maybe his grandfather did not die, but Something is wrong with Hwa Pyung.

Just now, sushilicious said:

Hide contents

His grandfather died. His father died too. His grandfather was killed by HP’s dad. But before all of this HP got arrested, Grandfather slaps HP.

omg 

Spoiler

that's his whole family gone. i fear for the bottled resentment HP will drown in. :(

9 minutes ago, bella1025 said:

omg 

Hide contents

that's his whole family gone. i fear for the bottled resentment HP will drown in. :(

Something really had happened.

Literal Translated Title: Park Ll Do in Yoon Hwa Pyung’s body?

Archived