[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

Some fans in China have designed their own limited edition RN merchandise for preorder. They managed to get the master who did CP’s calligraphy in the drama to provide the calligraphy sample.

Wow, I'd love that!! 

32 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

It seems they are going to release a side story called 别云间 soon! It is supposed to be 12 episodes. Dare I hope it will contain our long-awaited scenes?

That is such exciting news, it would be wonderful beyond belief!!! Can't wait!! Thank you for telling us!! 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1

@PPB Indeed, it would be totally awesome if it comes true! I’m trying not to be too excited until it airs for sure. In the photo with the black background, the last 4 characters in white translate loosely to “to be awaited in future”.  Let’s keep our fingers tightly crossed!

• Love 1

I found the Chinese synopsis at

https://m.youku.com/alipay_video/id_ebfbc49242bf41e2b79d.html?spm=a2h0c.8166622.PhoneSokuProgram_1.dplaybutton

Update 1: There were some typos in the original version and they have since amended it. 

p337510161.jpg

This is my amended translation:

Since young, Crown Prince Xiao Ding Quan has not received the favour of his father. A series of events (the capping ceremony, military horse case, the folksong case, etc) has led DQ to grow more mature and further firmed his political ideals of principles/morals over methods/strategies. After the demotion and departure of Prince Qi, DQ discovers an unknown force is threatening Wenxi. Through their combined efforts, they succeed in making the mastermind Prince Zhao give himself away. Not wishing to see further conflicts, DQ tries his best to put an end to the conflict but Prince Zhao harbours evil intentions and is reluctant to follow tradition and depart for his fiefdom. He conspires in secret to get DQ in trouble once again. Xu Changping uses his identity to help DQ, turning around the situation at the critical juncture and Prince Zhao reaps what he sowed. When he discovers his civilians are in danger, DQ decides to depose himself to settle the situation. The Emperor makes a solemn apology to DQ and appoints DQ’s son as Great Imperial Grandson (heir apparent to the throne) in hopes of making up for previous regrets in their father-and-son relationship.

Update 2: Hmm, they revised the synopsis again, probably to make it less spoilerish.

皇太子萧定权不得父皇宠爱,在经历了冠礼案、春闱泄题案、军马案、童谣案等一系列事件后,萧定权逐渐成熟成长,更坚定了重道轻术的决心。齐王被贬离京后,萧定权本想与陆文昔过平静的生活,却发现陆文昔受到未知势力要挟。萧定权不希望再看到争斗,想要借赵王婚事消弭争端。许昌平、陆文昔助萧定权在关键时刻逆转局势,三人联手,终于让幕后之人露出马脚。顾思林死讯突传,萧定权亲往长州平息局势。皇帝终觉后悔,对萧定权道歉。

Translation:

Crown Prince Xiao Ding Quan is not favoured by his father. A series of events (the capping ceremony, exam question leakage case, military horse case, the folksong case, etc) has led DQ to grow more mature and strengthened his resolve to prioritise principles/morals over methods/strategies. After the demotion and departure of Prince Qi, DQ initially plans to lead a peaceful life with Wenxi but discovers an unknown force is threatening her. Not wishing to see further conflicts, DQ intends to use the marriage of Prince Zhao to put an end to the conflict. Xu Changping and Lu Wenxi help DQ to turn around the situation at the critical juncture. Through the trio’s combined efforts, the mastermind working behind the scene gives himself away. Sudden news of Gu Silin’s death arrives and DQ travels personally to Changzhou to calm the situation. Finally overcome by regret, the Emperor apologises to DQ.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 9/8/2020 at 5:17 PM, bluehibiscus said:

On 9/8/2020 at 2:13 PM, bluehibiscus said:

It seems they are going to release a side story called 别云间 soon! It is supposed to be 12 episodes. Dare I hope it will contain our long-awaited scenes?

@bluehibiscus I think I've just died and gone to heaven...!!! 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 1

46 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

You may be interested in the latest update :)

Just scrolled up to see what the update is... WOOHOO!!!!!!!

Thanks for bringing this up! 

15 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

Is there any information whether this side story will use the edited scenes (ie those which didn't make it to the final cut of the main story) or they're going to do an entirely new filming? I hope it will be the first! 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, caranita said:

Just scrolled up to see what the update is... WOOHOO!!!!!!!

Thanks for bringing this up! 

Is there any information whether this side story will use the edited scenes (ie those which didn't make it to the final cut of the main story) or they're going to do an entirely new filming? I hope it will be the first! 

You’re welcome. They should be using the footage they have already filmed since they auctioned off most of the costumes. The Mainland China fans are all very excited.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

@liddi This just appeared on their website and app a few days ago so no idea when it is going to be released.

I feel it would be best if they release it without much fanfare to avoid unwanted attention.

@Cdrama I’m sure they will try to market it to those who bought the broadcast rights for the main series.

• Like 2

This is amazing news!! Thanks @bluehibiscus! A legitimate reason to watch the series all over again! I haven’t stopped watching it since I started, but now I have a reason :) Definitely looking forward to watching more OTP scenes, but to be honest, I’m really looking forward to Xu Changping and 5th Prince’s character developments. I really liked both of them and was disappointed that they were cut short. (Now if they would only fix Rise of the Phoenixes the same way...) Yay!!!

• Like 2

3 fan-made videos on CP’s mannerisms.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av839533092/

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1T7411u75f?from=search&seid=770015859935412972

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1v7411B7NE?from=search&seid=770015859935412972

Trivia: Luojin was trained in the art of Chinese opera so that contributes to his elegant posture, adept use of body language and gracefulness in movement especially when it comes to handling the long sleeves of period costumes.

• Like 1
  • Love 2