[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

21 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

I think RN did not ask/pay for exclusive rights to some of the music so they can be licensed to other drama by the composer.

Yea, I guess it’s legal, but I’m still not OK with it :)When I hear it in other dramas, I feel like it’s not fitting at all, because no drama has ever been as heavy as RN to me. Hearing it takes me right out of whatever I’m watching and into a beautifully dramatic (and better) RN scene, so the current drama isn’t doing itself any favors with that. But I suppose it’s only a problem for people who are obsessed with RN, so like 5 people? :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I addition, for someone who has loved this drama so much, like the few of us, not enough time has passed from when we last watched it. So yes, when I heard it, it immediately took me back to RN, and out of what I was watching. In that sense, sharing a piece of music really doesn't work.. 

• Like 2

My daughter was humming the strands to 辉 the other day, which surprised me because I don't remember her ever watching 鹤唳华亭. She then showed me the scene in Ep32 of 苍兰诀 Love Between Fairy and Devil where Changheng and Dongfang Qingcang's men worked to wake him up from the dream dimension. It was then that I realised that 阿鲲 Roc Chen was the composer for both dramas. Not sure how music copyright works - does it ultimately belong with the composer, who has the freedom to use it in whichever medium that he chooses? Either way, hearing it just brings the memories and heartache crashing back all over again...

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 2/5/2024 at 7:05 AM, bluehibiscus said:

Hi all, Chinese New Year is round the corner. Happy Year of the Dragon to those who celebrate!

Xīnnián kuàilè 🎉🥂🎆 🐉 
  • Like 1