[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

Here's the thing....

Its already hours before ending & JW is still going nowhere with his findings. Tho he manage to complete his mission & letting SJoo out of his hide out, nobody seems to know where went wrong with the game, not even SJoo himself. If JW survives, what's going to happen to him irl? Its bad enuf he has CHS death above his head & being a prime suspect of his death, now he has a dead Professor in his hotel room. If that's not enuf SJoo wud lives his life remembering he killed Marco. So how is writernim  going to end it all & make everything ok for everyone? Or the best possible ending without anyone, JW, HJ & SJoo dead?

Cud it possible what Emma did was to reset the game, not to kill JW? Which mean if the reset was done properly, it will turn back everything to its original starting point of the game, before the first player log in into the game. And the first player wud be either SJoo or Marco. If so everything will return back to the time before SJoo & Marco even approach CHS & JW. If it happen this this way how nice wud it be if JW as the winner wud be the only one who remembers everything, the rest didnt remember anything, thing goes back to the time before he arrived in Spain, so he did everything he cud like:

1) divorce Yura quickly since he already knows what she did & he intend to look for HJ

2) Goes to Granada to meet SJoo before he goes to see Marco.

3) Immediately offer to buy Bonita hostel from HJoo, thus buying the games right & then starts to court her.

4) Stays in Bonita hostel on the 6th floor but brought along a truck of cleaners to do up the room & kill the rats:P

6) Before playing the game he did test run will all his expert programmers to ensure the game is safe to play. I still think Marco is the one who planted the bug & change to game to be dangerous

5) Return to Korea with HJoo & her family, marry her & live happily ever after.

But can they do all that in just 1 hour?:huh:

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, lxands said:

1) divorce Yura quickly since he already knows what she did

2) Goes to Granada to SJoo before he goes to see Marco.

3) Immediately offer to buy Bonita hostel from HJoo, thus buying the games right & then starts to court her.

4) Stays in Bonita hostel on the 6th floor but brought along a truck of cleaners to do up the room & kill the rats:P

6) Before playing the game he did test run will all his expert programmers to ensure the game is safe to play. I still think Marco is the one who planted the bug & change to game to be dangerous

5) Return to Korea with HJoo & her family, marry her & live happily ever after.

But can they do all that in just 1 hour?:huh:

It will probably be done in the last 5 minutes, after an episode full of flashbacks. Then there will be 30 seconds left for an ending kiss, or someone who commits suicide. JW, HJ, maybe you, maybe me, or anyone else.

• Like 1
  • LOL 17

30 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Hi all, how are we all coping?

@rori0711@moodypie@trust3my 0 anticipation of ep 15 worked what do you know Im not throwing tables again. Though dont hold your breath, ive yet to watch the sub ep.

Ah!!
It was the best way to watch the drama from the beginning!
I realized this around episode 4.
I closed the critical box of my brain, to enjoy only the pleasure of seeing the story without waiting for anything.
I have said it several times, but almost no one has listened to me... :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 7
  • LOL 5

19 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

This one, I also thought that I forgot if I've never seen it in the aired episodes yet. But it is on the daydream MV. Did I miss something here? I wonder that might be a scene for later episode. Well, just guessing. Ffd to 0.52 - 0.56

Hide contents

I think thats her parents memorial? I think i've seen her go there in one of the earlier eps. Need confirmatiom about that. I didnt go and rewatch hahahaha

@Kasmic that lesson learnt pic is hilarious! :lol:

• Like 10

@Kasmic Yay thanks for the ... Spoilers pic :D

@ned_lee How can I move on LOL - This guy even still worry about his first ex wife

32 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

I want more than 30 seconds. LOL. I dislike that kind of ending actually. That is too short to compensate what they have put me through for weeks. And I don't plan to commit suicide. If this ends crappy then I might just rant until I am tired and then move on. I hope both PSH and HB will have reunite for other future projects. Whatever it is. Drama or movies. Whatever. I can't get enough with them. They're so marvelous!

and @wenchanteur If people never criticize our Writer, we might have bonus special episode full of OTP sweet moment together explaining the plot story from ep. 1 to 16 - without flashback:lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

17 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I think thats her parents memorial? I think i've seen her go there in one of the earlier eps. Need confirmatiom about that. I didnt go and rewatch hahahaha

That's correct. Parents memorial indeed

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Watching the subs after taking my niece and nephew playing:lol: I feel bad liking Emma stabbing Jinwoo scene and Jinwoo writhing in pain lol HB nailed it so much. His role is physically and emotionally demanding, I feel like not only JW the character need a long rest, but HB too:D

@Kasmic Jinwoo learnt a lot from his relationships with these women lol

I'm hopeless, even when Jinwoo was found by restaurant owner all I can't think is 'damn, even when passing out with pale face Jinwoo managed to look good, omg Hyunbin's legs are long':P

Edited by hyuuhikari
  • Like 3
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, PororoQueen said:

and @wenchanteur If people never criticize our Writer, we might have bonus special episode full of OTP sweet moment together explaining the plot story from ep. 1 to 16 - without flashback:lol:

Are you saying that the only episode that should only be made of flashbacks will be the one that contains none, while all the others are full of them?

:grimace:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wenchanteur said:

Ah!!
It was the best way to watch the drama from the beginning!
I realized this around episode 4.
I closed the critical box of my brain, to enjoy only the pleasure of seeing the story without waiting for anything.
I have said it several times, but almost no one has listened to me... :dissapointed_relieved:

Almost. i did after ep2. I listened to the narration and watch the unfolding of events. i really don't dwell too much on my concerns because I waited for the nxt episode or maybe until the whole series end everything will make sense.

the CGI, the cinematography, hilarious convos, mystery, Yoo Jinwoo, the tortured soul, the scoring, Heejoo, the lovely weepy, the actors, some i know, some i first seen, the flashbacks hahaha, the context, message, the game, the lightning, the ost,  the chemistry, the pacing, the genre, you name it, MoA is magical, extraordinary drama and i will treasure the beautiful memories of it  :wub::wub:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

[...]

So a player wins and become a new master. Okay I like this part. But what's the point of becoming a new master then? can JW save or hide himself like SJ and create his secret quest so that they can fix the bug by eliminating it. Emma is deleting the bug by stabbing JW. is he the bug?? LOL. How could she think that he is the bug? i mean, what makes her think by stabbing him will delete the bug? I don't get this part seriously. the game virus has turned the game to be so random like now. LOL. Why did Emma do this? is it because she was programmed to do so or it was due to the game virus as the writer mentioned. Why oh why I keep asking till the end but never really got a proper answer to this. 

Prof. Cha reap what he has planted. I am so annoyed with myself thinking that he would repent after experienced the madness himself and stop plotting to take his hands off all the mess he created. he deserved that ending. But that means JW will be once more be blamed as the one behind of his death. sighh. So complicated! Who would prove his innocence? 

[...]

@lynne22 @kokodus @gilaswan

I don't think JW is now the master of the game. He has, however, reached (and surpassed?) the level of the user "Master" (HJ's brother). I think Emma is treating JW as a bug because he was one of the players who wanted to "kill' another -- or for whatever reason that is not too clear yet.

Also, Professor Cha didn't destroy his confession paper. I'm pretty sure JW would cleared with that piece of paper.

• Like 8

My bet, I think they did more than just staring in this shot. Episode 15 turned a full-circle regarding many things i.e Papa dying, Seju returning, JW going back to the stabbing woman. So, I feel there is one more trip to Granada, after all it started from this magical city, it has to end here only. And TBH, it is such a beautiful place to be wasted in only staring; there can be a kiss-on-the-hill-overlooking-Granada. Magical!

Memories_of_the_Alhambra-teaser.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

Spoiler

Did JW become the new Master?  Or is he just at master level now?  I didn't quite catch that.

If you look at what the writer said, then stabbing JW to remove the virus makes sense.  I think the writer said that players who had the intent to kill corrupted the game.  Marco first corrupted it when he stabbed SJ.  I'm not sure why it then pulled SJ into the virus as well, unless once unleashed the virus just kept going and infecting others.  But, I also think that when SJ pulled his game gun, he was scared enough that he was thinking to kill Marco.  When JW and HS dueled, they both used the game to get back at one another.  They thought it was a safe place to "kill" each other, and that intent allowed the virus to infect them as well.  I don't think that Emma has to stab the Master in order to reset the game; she just needs to stab anyone who was infected by the virus.

Hopefully, there will be more explanation in tomorrow's episode.

How in the world did SJ hide inside a dungeon that exists in the game only?  Doesn't that mean there was an actual alternate reality universe somewhere?  He hasn't aged (I know it's only been a year, but it was a year full of stress and anxiety), he hasn't lost weight (how in the world, or should I say AR world, did he feed himself?), his clothes have not been reduced to rags.  After Episode 14, I thought the game ate up JW, but I guess not.

maybe a year in real world amounts to a day in a dungeon. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ChewyChocolate said:

The servers were down, yet the NPC still appeared and killed Professor Cha. I don't get it.

[...]

I don't think the servers were completely down at that time: they were still in the process of being shut down.

This seems to be what happened:

Professor Cha called to request the servers to be down.

He was too eager and got out of the bathroom right away.

The servers were probably being shut down: we still saw the dead NPC on the floor (in process of disappearing).

Dr Cha appeared and killed Professor Cha.

Dr Cha was going to go for JW when the servers completely shut down by then.

• Like 11

Key Moments In Episode 15 Of “Memories Of The Alhambra

By abbyinhallyuland | January 20, 2019

WILL IT BE A HEARTBREAKING OR GRATIFYING FINISH FOR MEMORIES OF THE ALHAMBRA ON ITS LAST CHAPTER?

Sprinting to its closure, the hero of Memories of the Alhambra is set to confront a final sacrifice. Will he get a happy ending that he so deserve given his long painstaking journey?

Memories of the Alhambra

One of the most inventive television series produced in the recent years, the imaginative approach of Memories of the Alhambra coupled with its stellar cast has been driving its ingenious story every week in a gripping manner.

Portraying the main hero of the series, Hyun Bin has embraced his role as Yoo Jin Woo, the investment CEO who was forced to solve the cryptic happenings inside an augmented reality game his company aims to launch.

From acquiring the rights to the game created by Se Joo (Chanyeol), he inevitably creates connection with his sister Hee Joo (Park Shin Hye). Untangling the ambiguous rules of the game that has made Jin Woo appear delusional, hit a culminating stride when unexpected betrayals befell on him.

Slowly but surely racing to unravel the mystery while surviving in his arduous journey, he is left with an agonizing choice to cross another uncertainty that might make him leave the first woman who genuinely loved him.

THE ESCAPE FROM THE GAME DUNGEON

Finally returning to the real world, Se Joo receives his family’s embrace. Still shaken on the trauma he suffered regarding Marco’s fate, Se Joo remains silent and troubled.

When Jin Woo apparently handed the key to Emma, Se Joo is released from a secret dungeon inside the game he created. He has hidden himself because of strange attacks he was getting when the game glitch erupted. He can only be freed when a level 100 player successfully gives the key to Emma as part of the game quest.

Memories of the Alhambra

GAME LIMBO

Alerted of Se Joo’s return, CEO Park heads to Ilsan since no news has been received from Jin Woo. However, a call from Jin Woo’s physician bothered CEO Park and reverts direction to go to the hotel where Jin Woo was brought by his doctor.

It turns out that the key is a pointed object that needs to be pierced to the game quester to clear the game bug. Unable to bear the pain from the punctured weapon in his heart, Jin Woo frees himself from Emma’s grasp. Groping his way out after the failed debugging attempt, he reaches a restaurant and was luckily found by the owner who called his doctor.

Because of Jin Woo being a fugitive, his doctor brings him to a hotel and phoned Professor Cha who is also in Seoul because of his daughter-in-law’s suicide attempt.

Professor Cha heads to Jin Woo’s hotel and broods on the problem he initiated that has blown out of proportion. When Jin Woo wakes up, he demands a written confession from the man he used to look up as a second father to rectify his wrongdoings. But the pride of the old man has had him harshly disappoint Jin Woo yet again.

A STORM AFTER A STORM

Stuck from the unforeseen trauma brought about by the game he created, Se Joo shows panic attacks while blabbing incoherent words that baffles his family. Aware of why her brother strangely behaves, she assures him that she believes him.

Learning that Se Joo is not aware of who Jin Woo is, Hee Joo worries about what happened to him after completing the quest.

Professor Cha brilliantly foresees his looming fate that would shatter his life to pieces. That’s why he came ready when he heads to where Jin Woo is. Advising an official at J One Holdings for a game test in the hotel where they are staying, the old man goes inside the comfort room just as high-level NPC villains swarm the room to attack Jin Woo.

When no bullet sounds can be heard anymore, Professor Cha goes out from hiding and finds feeble Jin Woo slumped on the floor. Just then, Hyung Seok’s game wraith appears keen to wield his sword at the frightened villain.

The game signals Jin Woo losing his ally just as he fires a bullet to approaching Hyung Seok aiming to strike his sword at him.

memories of the alhambra

JIN WOO’S LAST SACRIFICE?

Director Park finds Professor Cha’s unconscious body inside the hotel with no sight of Jin Woo.

Mustering his depleted energy, Jin Woo goes out at the thought of missing Hee Joo, but is unable to let her know that he is in front of her house.

In the morning, Hee Joo checks the milk bag and finds her car key. She wanders desperately to find if he is still in the area to no avail.

As Hee Joo weeps and yearns for the man she loves, the game character who shares her face accepts the key from Jin Woo – intent to continue deleting the game glitch at a risky cost if Jin Woo can survive it.

MEMORIES OF THE ALHAMBRA EPISODE 15 AFTERTHOUGHTS

It’s amazing how Memories of the Alhambra kept up its magic to a level that viewers can’t question the bends and surprises thrown by the story along the way.

Even then, I like how Writer Song is so ambitious in creating worlds and rules inside it, in her stories. She has certainly made sure that keen eyes won’t find fault to the inserted twists and surprising bends in her new series.

Cheering Jin Woo in the last 15 episodes, I honestly just want him to escape the excruciating two worlds he has to live. If no happy ending comes in his way, that’s okay. I just want him to rest. I am saving my final thoughts on the full review of the series so stay tuned for it.

cr: https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/memories-of-the-alhambra-episode-15-recap/

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I have been to Granada 4 times and La Alhambra Palace 2 times..  OMG this is should be the world’s eight wonder. Spain is paradise... where literally everywhere you go make you feel like you are outta this world. I live in Amsterdam where I can fly to Spain so easily and my parents in law own a house in Malaga (retirement home) so I understand why they choose this amazing country as a story platform.. and Granada is one of the most amazing city in Spain.. the higher position made the weather cooler than the nearest Costa del Sol area.. the hilly landscape is so freaking beautiful you need to change your phone gigabite to the max... 

this drama will make Granada on any traveler’s must visit list.. awesome! 

this is what I like about Kdrama.. the Halyu wave not only able to swept the entire world with its beautiful and lovely ‘literally life savior’ charms,.. but it also able to embrace anything under it with loving arms.. sharing together success and happiness.. joy to everyone involved.. 

thank you so much to MOA drama and all actors, writer, director, OST singers.. all of them.

I am a proud ahjumma.. lol...

• Like 14

What I didn't understand in episode 15 was -- because of all the flashbacks within flashbacks... did JW return HJ's car (i.e. the ending scenes of episode 15) before or after SJ was back into the real world ? I don't know where in time we are now, at the end of episode 15. 

And can HJ's "almost like family" friend just shut up? Is he a actually living with them?

Can we have more JW & Min-joo time (even through a phone call) instead ?

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Hello everybody, only few hours left till the grand finale !!! I loved this show so much and I enjoyed it a lot (despote lots of confusion, yes) and I'll miss it a lot, it's been the show that brought me back to k-dramas after two years of boycott so it's really cool. 

I can't join you all when the episode airs live cause I have a class, but I hope I'll come back to a happy forum because of happy ending. Take care everybody,I'll see you later.

• Like 12