[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

3 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Can any chingu send me the link for live stream tonight? Thank you very much

pleasse send me too, thank you very muchhh:blush: I'm nervouuusss hahhahah

See u later @yuhotarubi gluck concentrating in class:joy:

• Like 5

Park Shin Hye And Hyun Bin Share Thoughts As âMemories Of The Alhambraâ Comes To A Close

Park Shin Hye And Hyun Bin Share Thoughts As “Memories Of The Alhambra” Comes To A Close

Jan 20, 2019   by Sala 12

“Memories of the Alhambra” is airing its last episode on January 20.

Ahead of the final broadcast, the leading actors Park Shin Hye and Hyun Bin commented on the drama coming to a close.

Hyun Bin, who brought life to Yoo Jin Woo and led viewers to a magical game world, said, “I recall leaving for Granada, Spain with an excited heart in late spring as summer approached.” He shared, “Among all the projects I’ve done, ‘Memories of the Alhambra’ filmed for the longest time. I hope this becomes a good memory to the actors and staff as we’ve ran for seven months for this moment.”

The actor added, “I want to express my gratitude for the viewers who were with us for the two months ‘Memories of the Alhambra’ aired. I hope that viewers were able to feel a refreshing and original experience through Jin Woo’s eyes.”

Park Shin Hye, who perfectly took on both the roles of the strong and lovely Jung Hee Joo as well as the game character Emma, said, “First, thank you to all the viewers who loved Hee Joo and Emma from ‘Memories of the Alhambra.””

She commented, “The fellow actors and staff including the director have left many impressions in my memory as we’ve filmed for the long time of seven months. Everyone worked really hard, and I was really grateful and happy.”

Finally, the production staff said, “Thank you to the viewers who’ve ran with ‘Memories of the Alhambra’ until the last episode. Please stay with us as the fascinating eight weeks of magic come to a close to discover what will become of the magical couple tonight.”

The last episode of “Memories of the Alhambra” will air on January 20 at 9 p.m. KST.

cr: https://www.soompi.com/article/1295601wpp/park-shin-hye-hyun-bin-share-thoughts-memories-alhambra-comes-close

• Like 7

After reading so many disappointed comments, I was a little skeptical about the episode 15. However, I found myself liking this episode. The twist and the narration of this episode were good because it gives more suspense and it wasn't confusing at all. A linear narration would have been boring, moreover it reveals more about professor Cha's true motive. When he was facing death and claimed that he was seeking vengeance for his son's death, all the flashbacks underlined his lie.

Notice that he wanted to know what kind of message LSJ had sent to JW. From the start, professor Cha was only interested in the company. His greed and his ambition were his real motives. Since JW is about to die, I see some parallels between Jesus Christ and JW. It is about death and resurrection... his death in the game will function as a reboot, a new start in life. He has cut ties with his former life: professor Cha, CHS, LSJ and GYR. Therefore I don't expect him to die, rather become a new man.

Now, I am wondering if the bug was created by Marco in the first place or it happened because Marco stabbed SJ which forced Emma to intervene... creating a bug in the end. I hope, we get some answer here.

As for SJ, we have to imagine that he was just a teenager: 17 years old... how can he manage such a task? Look how drained and exhausted JW is after one year. So hiding was just a natural reaction.   

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

After reading so many disappointed comments, I was a little skeptical about the episode 15. However, I found myself liking this episode. The twist and the narration of this episode were good because it gives more suspense and it wasn't confusing at all. A linear narration would have been boring, moreover it reveals more about professor Cha's true motive. When he was facing death and claimed that he was seeking vengeance for his son's death, all the flashbacks underlined his lie.

Notice that he wanted to know what kind of message LSJ had sent to JW. From the start, professor Cha was only interested in the company. His greed and his ambition were his real motives. Since JW is about to die, I see some parallels between Jesus Christ and JW. It is about death and resurrection... his death in the game will function as a reboot, a new start in life. He has cut ties with his former life: professor Cha, CHS, LSJ and GYR. Therefore I don't expect him to die, rather become a new man. 

Spoiler

Now, I am wondering if the bug was created by Marco in the first place or it happened because Marco stabbed SJ which forced Emma to intervene... creating a bug in the end. I hope, we get some answer here.

As for SJ, we have to imagine that he was just a teenager: 17 years old... how can he manage such a task? Look how drained and exhausted JW is after one year. So hiding was just a natural reaction.   

Good observation there teachernim ;)

• Like 5

@rori0711 Thanks a lot. :wub: We have to remember that JW had no family and his biggest wish was to have one. On the other hand, CHS was seeking recognition from his father and thought that if he became rich and successful, he would be acknowledged by professor Cha, therefore JW as his friend supported his dream... which came true. Yet JW's strength and skills were better which caused a riff in their friendship, especially after professor Cha realized that JW was the key to become rich and successful. JW became rich but he was not able to have his own dream come true: a family. Professor Cha started favoring JW instead of his son which pushed CHS to betray his only friend.

For CHS, JW was the reason why his dream hadn't become true, hence he needed to destroy JW's dream: having a family. The game became the catharsis for both men:

- It took away CHS's life... but also destroyed his own family. With a child, he could have started focusing on what was important but no... instead he was seeking vengeance towards JW, as he blamed him for losing his father. However, professor Cha never cared for anyone, only wealth and power were his biggest concerns. CHS always doubted his wife's fidelity and would even confide to YR, a very neurotic and dangerous woman. 

- It ruined JW's physical health and wealth, but helped him to find what he has been always seeking. It seems that he has found true friends (Park and the other) and a new family. 

So for the ending, I am expecting that JW's company will be seriously damaged or even ruined. However, with HJ by his side, JW has found true happiness. If the bug changes everything so that there is a reboot, it is possible that JW goes to Granada not because of the game, but because of HJ.

• Like 12

On 1/19/2019 at 8:33 AM, stevii said:

I have to quote your sentence. from my experience in k drama watching land, i think this sentence really explains a lot. People just have different taste thats all i think. I have a friend who said she cant watch those dual reality, plot twisting, need heavy thinking dramas. So she doesnt really like goblin, W, nine time travels. Me for instance, i cant stand typical romance dramas like The Heirs, Encounter, Whats wrong with secretary Kim (yep shoot me), moonlight drawn by clouds (shoot me twice), even Descendants of the Sun. :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

So for those who are trying to make sense of the loopholes, my suggestion is let it go coz welll its kinda youre in for a fantasy drama. In my personal opinion, this drama is actually better than W and Nine time travels (from the same writer). 

Yeah, well, I can understand because I prefer dramas which make my brain think, and where the writer forces me to speculate about the plot. Goblin, W, MOA, KMHM etc, these are more plot driven dramas than being character driven. And the latter dramas that you mentioned(even though I have only watched Heirs and DOTS from the list), are more focused on the characters. It's not that I can totally not stand typical romance dramas(I love cheesy stories), but if I am watching such a drama then I become biased and would only complete the show if I fall in love with the leads and their chemistry. I will watch what is pleasing to my eyes..so yeah..I am biased.:sweatingbullets:

I liked W and I like MOA too..and yeah I am all in for the finale ride..bring it on..B)

• Like 9

1 hour ago, SeGafanlady said:

thank you so much to MOA drama and all actors, writer, director, OST singers.. all of them.

I am a proud ahjumma.. lol...

I am saving up for Granada. Thank you MOA, because of you, I actually Googled up Alhambra Palace and the whole Muslim history surrounding it.I was literally in awe because it had such a rich history.. Hence, Granada..here I come..:w00t:

1 hour ago, ka77 said:

What I didn't understand in episode 15 was -- because of all the flashbacks within flashbacks... did JW return HJ's car (i.e. the ending scenes of episode 15) before or after SJ was back into the real world ? I don't know where in time we are now, at the end of episode 15. 

And can HJ's "almost like family" friend just shut up? Is he a actually living with them?

Can we have more JW & Min-joo time (even through a phone call) instead ?

He returned her car after SJ came back. She was sleeping so I can assume the events of the nights went as by-

SeJu returned in evening while oppa was practicing guitar(I wished that somehow he was a better guitarist..but alas!)

Family reunion, cried on the street, late evening

Halemoni cooked meal, chit chatted on phone, dinner time

Then she went for bed.

Meanwhile, in the hotel room..

JW vs. daddy feat. zombie Cha and gunmen lasted throughout the evening.

When he left for shopping plaza, it was still bustling; hence it must be around 10 pm.

Assuming 1 hour drive to HJ's house, it was 11 pm when he reached her house. 

Now I don't know for how long he stood contemplating whether he should ring the bell or not, but I think it was early 3..ish, when he reached church.

I hope I made sense!

• Like 8

Let´s gather here for a quick prayer for all the devices that may be thrown or the tables that may be flippled because of the dissatisfaction that may occur with the ending of this drama. :lol:

sidenote. I´m actually quite optimistic for the ending

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, siddy09 said:

Yeah, well, I can understand because I prefer dramas which make my brain think, and where the writer forces me to speculate about the plot. Goblin, W, MOA, KMHM etc, these are more plot driven dramas than being character driven. And the latter dramas that you mentioned(even though I have only watched Heirs and DOTS from the list), are more focused on the characters. It's not that I can totally not stand typical romance dramas(I love cheesy stories), but if I am watching such a drama then I become biased and would only complete the show if I fall in love with the leads and their chemistry. I will watch what is pleasing to my eyes..so yeah..I am biased.:sweatingbullets:

I liked W and I like MOA too..and yeah I am all in for the finale ride..bring it on..B)

Damn... you should enjoy W season 2... It is by thinking of vigilant spectators like you that I write it. And first of all because I am one too, to the point of being passionate. Even without a spectator, I would do it. The project is far from over, but I published the first episode in the fanfix section to show how it will look. And make people want to keep an eye on it for the future. I think the means used are capable of reviving magic. I feel it when I place myself as a spectator. I haven't had any feedback so far, and if you're interested, your opinion would be very useful.

About Park Shin Hye, she is one of the actresses for whom I had a crush at one point. I work like this, an actress fascinates me and I watch almost all her dramas. The only male actor who made me feel that way was Lee Jung-Suk.
I saw "the heirs", "hearstring", "You're Beautiful", and the best "Pinocchio". I still have others to see, like "doctors".

She has a rather particular form of beauty. I think she's pretty but not completely pretty. She has big, bulging eyes that are very expressive. I even think she doesn't look too much like a Korean woman.
I love her character. Until now, I thought she always played the same, but did it so well that I always wanted to see her.
On the other hand, in MOA, it is an actress' work that changes from her usual roles. And she cries much better than before, which is one of the must-haves of any good drama actress.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

This drama yanked me back from my CDrama side trip back to KDramas.

Love Binnie so much and, although,I am not a fan of PSH (she often plays weepy characters!!), I wish the MC's would spend more time together. 

Can't wait for the finale!!

• Like 5

Last interview trans before the final ep

Park Shin Hye And Hyun Bin Share Thoughts As “Memories Of The Alhambra” Comes To A Close

Jan 20, 2019 by sala12

“Memories of the Alhambra” is airing its last episode on January 20. Ahead of the final broadcast, the leading actors Park Shin Hye and Hyun Bin commented on the drama coming to a close. Hyun Bin, who brought life to Yoo Jin Woo and led viewers to a magical game world, said, “I recall leaving for Granada, Spain with an excited heart in late spring as summer approached.” He shared, “Among all the projects I’ve done, ‘Memories of the Alhambra’ filmed for the longest time. I hope this becomes a good memory to the actors and staff as we’ve ran for seven months for this moment.” The actor added, “I want to express my gratitude for the viewers who were with us for the two months ‘Memories of the Alhambra’ aired. I hope that viewers were able to feel a refreshing and original experience through Jin Woo’s eyes.” Park Shin Hye, who perfectly took on both the roles of the strong and lovely Jung Hee Joo as well as the game character Emma, said, “First, thank you to all the viewers who loved Hee Joo and Emma from ‘Memories of the Alhambra.”” She commented, “The fellow actors and staff including the director have left many impressions in my memory as we’ve filmed for the long time of seven months. Everyone worked really hard, and I was really grateful and happy.” Finally, the production staff said, “Thank you to the viewers who’ve ran with ‘Memories of the Alhambra’ until the last episode. Please stay with us as the fascinating eight weeks of magic come to a close to discover what will become of the magical couple tonight.”

Source: soompi

• Like 9

@stargazer187 Loved reading your take on the penultimate episode. So this is me trying to make sense of things through the many instances of illogic. (Please excuse me if others have previously chimed in on this similarly — I haven’t been following the forum and am just responding to my dear friend’s post that I was tagged to.)

1. I think the bug was introduced when real blood was spilled in the presence of Emma who’s supposed to stand for peace and there is to be no fighting within a 20m radius of her. However, unlike the digitally produced weapons she could disable, the knife Marco stuck in Seju’s side could not be removed. So a player got injured in the game and he happened to be the Master. Seju became the first bug.

2. Jinwoo and Hyungseok probably entered the game around when the bug was introduced and Hyungseok became the second real victim after Marco. 

3. Seju couldn’t be “removed” by Emma as the bug because he went into hiding and was afraid to complete the quest.

4. Jinwoo became the bug when he completed the quest and replaced Seju as the Master. Emma was to destroy him, the bug, cos she is supposed to eliminate anything that does not stand for peace.

5. Heeju doesn’t die when she gets injured and gets logged out instead cos she’s not linked to anyone else who carries the bug, like everyone else testing the game.

6. Prof Cha died even though he’s also a level 1 player cos he made an alliance with Jinwoo who had become infected cos he caused the death of someone in the game when the bug was released. Same goes for Secretary Seo.

Did Seju know all of this would happen given he was the one who programmed the game? Doesn’t seem like it — he couldn’t tell Heeju what happened or what made him come out of hiding. Perhaps he knew only because he saw that he had been replaced as the Master.

Did Seju programme the game with that role for Emma in mind? I cannot think why he would if he did not write the game with the knowledge of the bug. If he was on the run all this while, I cannot see how he would’ve been able to get to a computer to re-programme it or write an anti-virus code. This bit, I haven’t quite figured out and may never. It continues to be a messy story with messy editing, but I’m so far invested into it — I need to know if the game can be reset and if all will be well, even if it means an apocalypse must happen. 

@kokodus @lynne22

• Like 12