Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

@ktcjdrama @yuhotarubi I think there is always two sides of a coin. She does have flaws but as have mentioned her fresh idea and uniqueness are her strengths. I sincerely hope she improves her next project much better. 

Spoiler

@ktcjdrama I'm glad you understand. :) I need to say so in case one would misread it and got hurt. I don't want anybody to be hurt here. 

Talking about Hong sisters.. agreed. I really love her K2H. And my love-hate feeling for Hwayugi. She did well but some of her works made me disappointed. But it doesn't mean that these writers are bad. I know how hard to write. It needs lots of effort and we need some extra intelligence to make a good one. I ever tried to do so in my prose class. I know it can't be compared to those writers scale. My lecture said that I need to learn more and I should keep its clarity and integrity so the readers won't confused and would feel nothing with something you would to convey. So writing is not an easy job. 

• Like 11

Her idea is amazing, and despite its flaws at least those that I found, I can manage to overlook, still love all 14 episodes we have had, and never once get bored from watching them. There are only 2 episodes left, I'm not going to waste my 14 hours+ admiring the drama only to leave on the final week:)

Hope the writer does better for her next project, and maybe... hold herself from giving interview before the final week of the drama:P

• Like 17

6 hours ago, maya31 said:

Hello! I’ve been following this thread for all the interesting comments and BTS translations for a while, so thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts!

I think this is relevant in MOA because the boundary distinguishing the world of AR and the world of the drama’s reality is impossibly transgressed, the clearest example being Jeong-hun’s death by an NPC. This isn’t possible and none of the explanations are satisfactory. It forces us to question the nature of the relationship between fiction and reality and I think this is precisely the point. It is perhaps unsatisfactory to say that just because it’s a drama or a novel then it can bypass rules of logic, but because this is a drama about AR I think it is an effective tactic. There is an air of distrust around AR and it is unsettling because it disturbs the distinction between fiction and reality. The more it’s developed and the more visceral the experience, the more we venture into unknown territory with regards to repercussions on the users’ sense of reality. 

What is the difference between reality and the perception of reality? How do we know what we know is ‘true’? I think narratives that raise these questions are responding to the issues in the current climate (re: Trump and ‘post-truth’ or Brexit, events that suggest people are struggling to filter facts from the allure of frankly untrue narratives) are not only fascinating, but relevant and socially important.

Hello @maya31 and welcome.

What an incredible first comment! I have to read it again because my level of English is being tested. This question of perception of reality is also tested in the field of quantum physics, since we realize that some phenomena change in nature as they are observed. Associating the mysteries of drama with a change in perception, leading to a change in perceived reality is a theme that is appropriate for MOA.

For something more relaxing, when practicing meditation, the mind or free will (consciousness) decides that the body and its predetermined passions must evolve. Then the brain chemistry also evolves towards a more harmonious stage. It is something more discreet than what happens in MOA, but shows that perception or mind, something intangible and indefinable, can influence a physical reality.

I didn't look at the possible "plot-hole" of the drama, for several reasons:
- the drama is not over.
- this is the first time I've seen it, and can't notice all the details.
- my translation of the drama is pretty bad.
It is only by seeing MOA several times again in good conditions that I will have an idea of its real defects. When I did this with "W", I realized that there was almost no "plot-hole", while many critics got angry about those they had thought they had found.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone I know we should keep positive and watch last 2episodes and forget the negative things we are here for the brilliant idea , cast , direction and of course Granda of Spain  let us criticize after drama I got and post my negativity outside this forum to not to affect the mood of this forum so what happened is happened either we liked or not for sake of the people who worked hard we should keep positive:wub:

• Like 12

I am actually bit disappointed also as expected more scenes for PSH. But my disappointed all gone when i see the BTS. I wish nothing but happiness ending ever after from the drama finish until they are real in life :) after drama haha.... somehow i just have this confidence feeling that they are meant to be couple fo real.

Looking forward fOR another BTS

• Like 9

@wenchanteur said "What an incredible first comment! I have to read it again because my level of English is being tested. This question of perception of reality is also tested in the field of quantum physics, since we realize that some phenomena change in nature as they are observed. Associating the mysteries of drama with a change in perception, leading to a change in perceived reality is a theme that is appropriate for MOA.

For something more relaxing, when practicing meditation, the mind or free will (consciousness) decides that the body and its predetermined passions must evolve. Then the brain chemistry also evolves towards a more harmonious stage. It is something more discreet than what happens in MOA, but shows that perception or mind, something intangible and indefinable, can influence a physical reality.""""

That is how bio-feedback work.  This reader often tell others who are  anxious to close their eyes,  and in soft voice tell them to focus on a scene.....you are in Tahiti on a beach on a nice  sunny day.  you are relaxing on the warm sand, above your head is a palm tree, its leave  russeling in the breeze.... the breeze is cool and refreshing.... over head in the blue sky are some white cloud...there are seagulls riding the wind squacking happily...….  So your perception can truly alter  your  reality.

Personally this reader HATE quantum physics.... it's strange ...and so I much prefer classical physics although the concept of gravity is itself very bizarre.  how could 2 bodies attract each other?  like the moon and the earth  and the sun so that one would forever (almost) circulate around the other?  It is magical!!!

Memories of the Alhambra does  have flaws, but intense  activities and emotions can bring on myocardial infarction and even strokes (albeit randomly and not when they are supposed to be killed like what happened with dr Cha).   Hee Joo tendency to faint and cry does occur in Some people whose adrenergic response gets very high to external emotional stimulation.  It is not uncommon that in severe emotional distress  a person can start tremble so much they can't even walk.  It is highly common that in severe stress, a person cannot even think properly like when a policeman stop you and ask you for your driver license and your address, and you cannot even remember what it is!  The fact that our CEO Yoo survived the fall is unlikely but possible.   So MOA stretches the truth to a more unusual level, but many of the events in the story are not impossible. 

In any case, this is this reader two cents for the story.  This  is not an attempt to defend this tale, but to explain things that do happen (some time rarely) in this life.  Of course wearing eye glass that can hear is not possible as yet!

Reality is after working 10 hours per day 6 to 7 days per week, this reader is too tired to look at this tale critically...I just go with the flow.  Personally I think the chemistry between the leads is amazing,  and as other soompian have said, emotionally mature...not a budding high school romance, but more that of a husband and wife who understand each other and share things together, both good and bad.    This appeals to this reader who is much older, and hopefully wiser!

My only complaint.... why do Korean like the word "oo" so much   Hee Joo  Min Joo, se Joo,  CEO Yoo ….. get this reader confused.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

@lduc  where do you get all these clothing photos from???    Is Memories of the Alhambra one big women clothing and accessories commercial?!!!   I hope the cat is not also  a commercial!!!!

Thanks for the photos of Park Shin Hee, very well done.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

On 1/16/2019 at 12:01 PM, Kasmic said:

More tvN stills

Reveal hidden contents

Here is a clearer SJJ interview ...still some bits I dont understand and disagree but learnt to just let it go. That's her style. She should just stick to movies. 

@wenchanteur here's another SJJ interview that you'll enjoy. As a writer yourself and a fan of hers maybe you can/would understand her perspective more. Would love to hear you view on her interview. 

Thanks @maris1 for the link - https://channels.vlive.tv/BF37FF/vtoday/0.9780052

This part of the interview is breaking my heart and making me boil ...like seriously! JW love for HJ is what keeping him from going insane. How could she - SJJ not realise the importance of HJ role into JW life yet concentrate more on his guilt with CHS  :heartbreak: 

▼ Which direction will the two final episodes of the drama be developed?

Maybe Jin Woo's frustratingly complicated relationships will be solved. Honestly, I feel pitiful for Hee Joo if she becomes a couple with Jin Woo. Except for the title of "Plutocrat", Jin Woo is a character who has too many issues to discuss. If Jin Woo is supposed to take his relationship with Hee Joo seriously, he will have to handle more things and solve them thoroughly. I hope audiences will pay close attention to the story in which Jin Woo will pay his mental debt to Hyung Suk instead of his love affair because this really is an important thing to me.

Throughout the episodes, I don't find the romance between JW and HJ "forced".  For me as an audience watching the story unfold, their romance seems to me quite a natural progression.  I agree with the argument that for JW, after 2 failed marriages as well as finding himself in an extreme distraught situation because of the gaming, romance is most likely the last thing on his mind.  But for the exact same reason, we as human innately possess the ability to find outlets for tension and emotional distress and lean on those who understand and believe us.    I don't think JW considered HJ a romantic prospect in any way in the beginning.  But how HJ took care of him without questioning had somehow opened a tiny space in this heart for HJ (as JW had voice-overed on the train when leaving Granada) -- I think that was one of the reasons JW decided to initiate contacts with HJ, one year after the incident in Granada. 

I can somewhat imagine JW's mentality shift during that one year in the US:  Though still in distress, frustration, and guilt over killing CHS, with the passing of time, JW must have also become slightly numb, less overwrought, and more accepting to the eerie reappearance of zombie CHS and other crazy consequences of the gaming.   He went to see HJ, not because he had fallen for her, but because of some kind of belief that HJ, unlike others, would not see him as some mega lunatic.  HJ dismissed JW after finding out what happened to her brother, but at the end because of her consistent supports as well as her trust, it triggered the romantic feeling to sprout, trust to build on his part, and I think before JW could rationally think through whether he should/should not or even "wants to" have a new romantic relationship in that stage of his life, HJ had already become a supportive existence for him as we saw in the past few episodes.  

I read writer SJJ's interview with my mouth agape.  I find it difficult to accept the script writer's perspectives on JW/HJ's relationship - what a load of crap and to me a shallow explanation.  It doesn't take an expert to imagine the emotional mindsets of HJ and JW, but as a scriptwriter, the fact that she doesn't seem to grasp the emotional development of the characters she created really surprises me.   I don't quite understand how SJJ could own the storyline without those basic understanding of human emotions and possibilities.  

Edited by Lara Wen
  • Like 12

So were nearing the end... And the only thing i didnt like in this drama is the ridiculous Game which sadly is a big part of the story. I can't believe what im saying but i find W's alternate world more believable than how this Game is being presented in the drama. 

• Like 3

I also don’t understand why must JE pay mental debt to HS. The reason why  he looked for SJ so he can only start his relationship with HJ. In the episode where they had their first kiss he said if there’s only one person who can believe him then he will stay that’s he asked HJ and that was the reason why he continued to fight. Is the writer being lost of how the story is being developed . The romance between HJ and JW is not forced rather it is the pillar that make both of them strong. As what someone had mentioned here that W is more believable. 

• Like 4

Hey guys! Just want to say, I love this drama! I started watching this drama on Tuesday and binge-watched it all day & I’m caught up & just finished eps 14 yesterday! 

The concept of this drama is refreshing and thrilling & major props to all the cast members! Throughout the drams though, I was wondering why they never thought of making armor for defense haha.

the only thing I really don’t like or maybe bc I watched it all in 2 days (this is just my opinion so pls no hate lol) is Hee Ju is crying wuth every scenario. I understand that it is her character & she’s vulnerable, but by now I thought I would see some character development that made her more stark or to see her actually playing the game but oh well. Besides that, I really like this drama! It kept me on my toes & the way of filming and editing editing (altho some are long and repeated) make it very suspenseful!

• Like 7

its pretty quiet here... hmmmm! :huh:

are you guys still holding on...? 

is it Saturday yet...? 

no BTS so far??? 

whatshappenin???

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, KymberleeD said:

its pretty quiet here... hmmmm! :huh:

are you guys still holding on...? 

is it Saturday yet...? 

no BTS so far??? 

whatshappenin???

I believe everybody is still here.... just taking the time to chill down after the writer's pr stunt. ^_^

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I’ll be holding to  the last episode. Cause of HB and PSH. And because of what I read about HB interview that at then everything will be solved and there will be magical romance . Let’s support MOTA

• Like 9

I am going nowhere until the end ! No matter what . BTW enjoy reading all of your views , very interesting. I have a different view of many here, if not all. I post it on Park Shin Hye’s. personal thread. Do not want the mod to band me from here, or created wars! :relieved:

• Like 7