[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

tvn.jpg Image result for netflix logo

Presents

alhambra.jpg

Director: Ahn Gil Ho

(Secret Forest, Mrs. Cop)
Writer: Song Jae Jung

(Queen In Hyun's Man, Nine: Nine Times Travel, W)

Producers : Green Snake Media | Studio Dragon | Netflix
Episodes: 16 (Tentative)
Release Date: December 1, 2018 --
Runtime: Sat-Sun. 22:00 

Memories-of-the-Alhambra-romantic.jpg&keMemories-of-the-Alhambra-mysterious.jpg&

About the Show

%EC%95%8C%ED%95%A8%EB%B8

Jin-Woo runs a company that specializes in optical devices designed to take AR technology to the next level. He travels to Spain in search of Se-Ju, a genius game developer of a groundbreaking AR game about medieval battles in Alhambra. This game, if coupled with Jin-Woo’s technology, will bring a fortune. But Se-Ju has gone missing and Jin-Woo stumbles across Hee-Ju, Se-Ju’s sister who runs an old hostel in Spain. Jin-Woo gets involved in strange affairs with Hee-Ju, and the border between the real world and the AR world built by Se-Ju begins to blur. (Netflix)

A thriller about the mysteries surrounding an augmented reality (AR).

The owner of an investment company travels to Spain and stays in cheap hotel run by an ex-guitarist. (Hancinema) 

~~

Yoo Jin-Woo (Hyun-Bin) is the CEO of an investment company. He has good sense at his work, a strong adventurous spirit and a strong desire for winning. Yoo Jin-Woo is going through a hard time emotionally due to things like betrayal from his friends. He visits Granada, Spain on business and stays at an old hostel run by Jung Hee-Joo. There, Yoo Jin-Woo gets involved in a strange affair. (Asianwiki)

~~

“Memories of the Alhambra” is a fantasy melodrama about investment company CEO Yoo Jin Woo who visits Spain and stays at a hostel run by Jung Hee Joo.  (Soompi)

~~

After suffering a setback following his friend's betrayal, Yoo Jin-woo travels to Spain for a business trip. There, he stays at a hostel owned by a former guitarist named Jung Hee-joo; and both get entangled in an mysterious incident. (Wikipedia)

Cast of Characters 

(click to enlarge/source: wikipedia)

4OIpZTht6UyPVqjEmOEHRDmQ7O8SuID6J6F7XW-o

Hyun Bin as Yoo Jin-woo
A doctor of engineering who becomes the chief executive officer of an investment company.

He is adventurous and competitive, and talented in developing games.

6_NpcPkZydjKsTLn13fW_DTiLkQp-sk-8BfWfP7V

Park Shin-hye as Jung Hee-joo
Owner of a hostel. A former classic guitarist who came to Spain to further her studies, but took on several jobs there to sustain livelihood following the death of her parents in Korea.

jS1-UDHfMq9yLPogIM4SJ2p2YeqNDU4GnG1PkuxZ

Park Hoon as Cha Hyung-seok
Jin-woo's college friend turned rival, and Cha Byung-jun's son. He has a competitive and egoistical personality, causing him to clash with Jin-woo, and later betrays him. CEO of an investment company who is a proud and competitive man. He is Jin-woo's college friend turned rival, and his betrayal causes the greatest setback in Jin-woo's life.

Gj9vkzxyIcjeyccYoU9hje6uio0YuMyYDTD5GnoB

Park Chan-yeol as Jung Se-joo
Hee-joo's younger brother who is a genius programmer. After suffering from a childhood trauma, he shuts himself up and only communicates with his sister.

Supporting

People around Jin-woo

CjQaJ1N1pmNGbseTGiycSqL3eWB7r8sKLJsw-Q-s

Han Bo-reum as Ko Yoo-ra
Jin-woo's second wife who is a former celebrity, and is currently divorcing him. She is vain and impulsive.

j_63ildeQQ9gM1L_6kfvCuLzRl5250MmNHAGoncZ

Kim Eui-sung as Cha Byung-jun
A professor at the University of Alhambra, who is wealthy and well-educated. Hyung-seok's father. He has an intricate relationship with Jin-woo and gets entangled with him in the mysterious incident.

XQHyjqJGWwQf5TZaG3-OC5rg3xnyIB8d7mdTvt_Z

Min Jin-woong as Seo Jung-hoon

Jin-woo's secretary, who has a bright and amiable personality.

FftduyZY65L6wpqxk8ISYEG4PzsWO8W8VLsp5q_m

Lee Seung-joon
Jin-woo's college senior and the strategy director of the investment company.

FVQ-11brLKO9wvdip0BsQuQA_UuEFXvAhffPIITz

Lee Shi Won as Lee Soo Jin  
Jin-woo's first wife who divorced with him. A pediatrician who is intelligent and innocent.

QEdIaAXynnimTZb9hOeuG-f7eqfgDEUWhgK9NLhD

Ryu Abel as Lee Soo-kyung 

Soo Jin's sister. A florist.

pFfVEx-RqWDLSvS_45Csp5OrAjwjzXxOtgOKFGj0

Jo Hyun-chul as Choi Yang-joo
An engineer at Jin-woo's company. A computer genius.

People around Hee-joo

AGZ4m_wbLBwiutPkbZNGm2VbG-NLajzZFopox8ZC

Kim Yong Rim as Oh Young-shim

Hee Joo's grandmother

c1OKHXaFcAiv2a39mtkOqLQx3-5j3Xzh9ZVomk-R
Lee Hak-joo as Kim Sang-bum
A classic guitarist who is close to Hee-joo and cares for her.

qwr7vKUt9p00rcDTfScZVl28nULN_2_7rvOfgeAo
Lee Re as Jung Min-joo
Hee-joo's younger sister who dreams of becoming a girl group member.
Kim Do-yeon
A medical student that stays at Hee-joo's hostel and becomes involved in the mysterious accident

Others

7M3P-Vj1xWfbEp4RsypDkTbkev3trvZKUR4cfzQl

Lee Jae-wook as Marco Han
A Spanish international student who becomes involved with Se-joo.

Kim Do-yeon 
A medical student that stays at Hee-joo's hostel and becomes involved in the mysterious accident

Ryu Soon-young
Han Da-sol
Bae Kang-min as  Ko Yoo-ra's manager

Pre-Production

• Overseas filming will take place in Granada and Barcelona, Spain.
  • Filming in Granada will take place from 28 May to 1 June; featuring locations such as Caldelería, San Miguel Alto, Correo Viejo, el Colegio Ave María o la Alhambra, Espinosa Bridge, Carrera del Darro and Fuente de las Granadas.
  • Filming in Terrassa took place from 12 to 16 June; mainly in Catalonia Audiovisual Park. 
  • Filming in Girona tookplace from 18 to 22 June; featuring locations such as Barri Vell, Pont de Pedra, Ballesteries Street and Nou del Teatre and Peixateries Velles Bridge[Wikipedia]
  • In early August, the cast started filming in Budapest, Hungary and Slovenia.
  • First Script Reading photos released - Sept 27 2018    (Click Photos to enlarge) |
  • Spoiler

Hyun Bin, Park Shin Hye, And Chanyeol Impress At 1st Script Reading For â��Memories of the Alhambraâ��Memories-of-the-Alhambra.jpg

• First Script Reading Video released - October 8 2018

Teasers

9.21.18- 30 Second Teaser

10.21.18 Hyun Bin Teaser | Park Shin Hye Teaser

10.28.18 Hyun Bin Teaser  | Park Shin Hye Teaser

11.8.18 4th Teaser  | Hyun Bin Park Shin Hye

11.23.18 Official Netflix Teaser

Original Soundtrack

ZfwF_lrIFx5j9GsSLgHuHn7E8iYfw87PFabUZLF-

PART 1 : "Star (Little Prince)" 별 (Little Prince) by Loco & U Sung-eun

vN5QtWuIw8NHIZ2R3E9mi_aSwO-W5skXdbkfrMJi

PART 2:     "Daydream" (백일몽) by Elaine

SGCwrFdvLv2jPUfDf91jVTlLVqd7Db09yTxGzunL

PART 3: "Is You" by Ailee

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2

• Guest locked this topic
28 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

PSH is in talks

What? This is very interesting. Why do they insist on bringing these two together?

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images, thank you. :)
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

Hyun Bin in my country (Spain)? I'm so excited :D!

Will it be preproduced? That would make sense if they record many scenes outside Korea.

I hope they'll make the most of Granada and its beautiful views as Descendants of the Sun made in Greece.

I can't wait to wait something like this in a drama:

Granada-600x387.jpg

• Like 14

Looking at the writer's previous drama... Is this gonna be fantasy one? When done right it's good but  I want to see Hyun Bin in just  straight up good old drama. Nothing out of this world  experience.

• Like 9

Park Shin-hye up to join Hyun Bin in Memories of the Alhambra

ParkShinHye1.jpg

Apparently the universe just wants this pairing to happen, and you know what happens when you try to fight Fate in dramaland. A few months ago, Park Shin-hye (Doctors) and Hyun Bin (The Swindlers) were both courted for the new SBS drama Fox Bride Star (now called People of Incheon Airport), the latest from the PD of Gu Family Book and Secret Garden and the writer of Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim. But both actors ended up passing on the project, only to end up being offered the same new project right after it—tvN’s Memories of the Alhambra. 

This is the new fantasy melodrama from writer Song Jae-jung of mind-bendy fantasy dramas W–Two Worlds, Nine, and Queen In-hyun’s Man, and PD Ahn Gil-ho of last year’s critically acclaimed conspiracy thriller Forest of Secrets. Hyun Bin has just signed on to star in the leading role, and Park Shin-hye’s reps have confirmed that she passed on Fox Bride Star and is now considering Memories of the Alhambra favorably. 

The drama is about a CEO of an investment firm who goes to Granada, Spain on business and makes a visit to the Alhambra Palace. He stays at an old hostel run by the heroine, a former guitarist, and the two of them end up entangled in a strange situation. Earlier announcements described the project as a sci-fi action thriller involving an alternate reality through augmented reality games. 

Hyun Bin’s character, Yoo Jin-woo, is an engineer with a natural-born talent for inventing games. He also has sharp business instincts, which he uses to become the CEO of an investment company. He’s competitive and adventurous and hates to lose even the smallest of bets. He suffers his greatest setback in the form of a friend’s betrayal just before his trip to Spain, where his life takes a sudden and unexpected turn. I can only imagine what crazy alternate/parallel/past/future universes this writer has planned, but I’m excited to find out.

Memories of the Alhambra plans to air later this year on tvN.

cr: dramabeans

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

On 03/04/2018 at 7:57 PM, stargazer187 said:

Yaaaa... HB oppa!! Long time he didn't return to dramaland since HJM. Ah.. miss him a lot! 

Yesterday I read PSH is considering for the lady role for this, I'm not sure if the news is right or just a rumor. She was ever reported for the same thing before  it's been twice already. I hope this time will be right. I expect she'll take the role. And it would be a dream pairing come true! :lol:

This is an official cast news, she turned down her previous drama and it was report she receive the offer for Memories of the Alhambra and is currently considering. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Park Shin Hye Confirmed To Join Hyun Bin In Upcoming tvN Drama

On April 23, the actress’s agency and tvN both revealed that she is now confirmed to star in the drama.

“Memories of the Alhambra” is a fantasy melodrama about investment company CEO Yoo Jin Woo who visits Spain and stays at a hostel run by Jung Hee Joo. Hyun Bin will be playing Yoo Jin Woo, while Park Shin Hye has been cast as Jung Hee Joo.

Written by Song Jae Jung, who previously created “W,” “Queen In Hyun’s Man,” and “Nine: Nine Times Time Travel,” “Memories of the Alhambra” will be directed by Ahn Gil Ho of “Forest of Secrets.” The drama will begin filming in May in Spain, and it is scheduled to air during the second half of the year.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/22/park-shin-hye-confirmed-join-hyun-bin-upcoming-tvn-drama/

Hullo everyone!

Thought to introduce myself here and hope to enjoy and share the drama  and everything related with you all. I am great fan of both the artists so couldn’t be more thrilled to see them as costars in a drama. Praying for a great and successful drama. :)

meanwhile, here is a little pen sketch of the character being played by Park Shin Hye’s 

Jung Hee-joo, is the Owner of Hostel Teetigo. A former classic guitarist who came to Spain to improve her skills, but took on several jobs there following the sudden death of her family in Korea. [Wiki] 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, maris1 said:

Park Shin Hye Confirmed To Join Hyun Bin In Upcoming tvN Drama

On April 23, the actress’s agency and tvN both revealed that she is now confirmed to star in the drama.

“Memories of the Alhambra” is a fantasy melodrama about investment company CEO Yoo Jin Woo who visits Spain and stays at a hostel run by Jung Hee Joo. Hyun Bin will be playing Yoo Jin Woo, while Park Shin Hye has been cast as Jung Hee Joo.

Written by Song Jae Jung, who previously created “W,” “Queen In Hyun’s Man,” and “Nine: Nine Times Time Travel,” “Memories of the Alhambra” will be directed by Ahn Gil Ho of “Forest of Secrets.” The drama will begin filming in May in Spain, and it is scheduled to air during the second half of the year.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/22/park-shin-hye-confirmed-join-hyun-bin-upcoming-tvn-drama/

Hullo everyone!

Thought to introduce myself here and hope to enjoy and share the drama  and everything related with you all. I am great fan of both the artists so couldn’t be more thrilled to see them as costars in a drama. Praying for a great and successful drama. :)

meanwhile, here is a little pen sketch of the character being played by Park Shin Hye’s 

Jung Hee-joo, is the Owner of Hostel Teetigo. A former classic guitarist who came to Spain to improve her skills, but took on several jobs there following the sudden death of her family in Korea. [Wiki] 

Hi Mari, good to see you here as well :D

I'm so excited about MOA, and i guess it'll be pre produced since there are articles saying it will air in Nov while they will start shooting next month. Many articles from TVN state this drama is expected to be one of their biggest project this year beside Mr Sunshine. I guess we can expect at least a gorgeous drama.

• Like 13

@k_xs Thanks. Good to see you here too. :D

Really looking forward to having lots of fun here with you all....all th3 discussions, pics, critics, news etc it’s bound to be great !

Here is what I have been able to gather about th3 synopsis and character sketches...

Synopsis

A thriller about the mysteries surrounding an augmented reality (AR). The owner of an investment company Dr Eugene Kim ( Yoo Jin) with gifted game skills travels to Spain for business and stays in cheap hotel run by an ex-guitarist and is entangled in a strange case

[ The drama is about a CEO of an investment firm who goes to Granada, Spain on business and makes a visit to the Alhambra Palace. He stays at an old hostel run by the heroine, a former guitarist, and the two of them end up entangled in a strange situation. Earlier announcements described the project as a sci-fi action thriller involving an alternate reality through augmented reality games.

Hyun Bin’s character, Yoo Jin-woo, is an engineer with a natural-born talent for inventing games. He also has sharp business instincts, which he uses to become the CEO of an investment company. He’s competitive and adventurous and hates to lose even the smallest of bets. He suffers his greatest setback in the form of a friend’s betrayal just before his trip to Spain, where his life takes a sudden and unexpected turn. ...

Cr: Dramabeans ]

Park Shin-hye’s character, Jung Hee-joo, is the Owner of Hostel Teetigo. A former classic guitarist who came to Spain to improve her skills, but took on several jobs there following the sudden death of her family in Korea. [Wiki] 

Jung Hee Joo JHJ

Yoo Jin Woo YJW

• Like 12

Yayyyyy!!! Finally my bae will make her drama comeback. Can’t wait to see our gorgeous onscreen couple in Nov  :heart:

Now we have the awesome OTP, praying hard the script and directing will be fantastic too. 

I’m back in Soompi Kdrama thread after almost 2 years, when Doctors ended... yuhuuu

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

OH MY GOSH! This is gonna be EPIC!

I sincerely  hope that this is going to be a successful drama because the Hyun Bin's latest ones were disappointing. 

He's for sure one of the best male actors in SK and Shin Hye is one of the most adorable and charismatics. I'm very excited to see the outcomes! 

• Like 11

The waiting until November will be eternal :unsure:! But I hope we will see some pics/videos while they are filming.

I like Park Shin Hye as an actress except for...her kisses. Hyun Bin has filmed some very iconic kisses so, I hope this time, PSH will live up to my expectations :wink:.

• Like 6

PLEASE  REQUEST "MEMORIES OF ALHAMBRA" LICENSE  

SEGMENTERS
bjohnsonwong (Chief)
 marykarmelina, hana_860
recruiting

KO-ENG SUBBERS
recruiting

EDITORS
Kakashiandme (Chief)
Joysprite (GE)

OTHER LANGUAGE MODERATORS