Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

@celebrianna, @bebebisous33

I too would like to see the consummation before he returns as CP. 

I'm now going to bed and dream about their sweet kiss (he's doing it right:wub:)....

.....their sweet kiss that we probably won't get to see until EPISODE 10:crazy::)

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

I normally do not watch sageuks. From what I gather from the drama, the king or CP is usually helpless against the ministers. (My experience is limited to Moon Embraces the Sun and Moonlight in the Clouds, mian!)

I would think it is utterly frustrating that even in their personal life, everything is determined by the ministers (up to who they can marry) and a weak king....

• Like 10

@bebebisous33, love your post. I agree that JJY and possibly MY will become the prince’s allies, however, what I am not clear on is how much power will they have. Right now even though MY knows a lot about KCE, everybody acknowledges that KCE is the true powerhouse in the country. It makes me wonder who owns military power in the country. Is it KCE? What kind of power does the king have on his own? The court seems heavily in KCE’s power. JJY also seems like he is disfavored in his family so what kind of power will he provide if the king really has no power on his own. I can’t foresee anyone winning against KCE right now because even if MY reveals KCE’s secrets, if KCE is the law of the land, things might just become more dangerous. The people or common folks have no real power either even if public opinion goes against KCE. This is why I’m wondering how KCE will meet his downfall. He might have to be assasinated.

• Like 10

Sorry if this has been asked before but could it be that the father of the crown princess baby is prince SW? Because he has feelings for the crown princess.

He or the bodyguard.

Havent watch ep 7 yet or they revealed the answer on latest ep?

31 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

JJY has already realized that KEC killed "the prince" and he has solved the mystery with the eunuch

OMO, JJY solved the riddle sent by LY?  did i miss something?  what was it about?  Didnt LY sent some chinese letter meaning " ELBOW"?  what is it about?  

Reg. MY and JJY turning themselves as allies to LY, i loved how HS helped WD shoot an arrow at noble Park that "the royal inspector is still around him and checking his actions".  WD acknowledged how she gave a good idea to mention royal inspector.  She is smart enough to help them too.

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@bebebisous33, love your post. I agree that JJY and possibly MY will become the prince’s allies, however, what I am not clear on is how much power will they have. Right now even though MY knows a lot about KCE, everybody acknowledges that KCE is the true powerhouse in the country. It makes me wonder who owns military power in the country. Is it KCE? What kind of power does the king have on his own? The court seems heavily in KCE’s power. JJY also seems like he is disfavored in his family so what kind of power will he provide if the king really has no power on his own. I can’t foresee anyone winning against KCE right now because even if MY reveals KCE’s secrets, if KCE is the law of the land, things might just become more dangerous. The people or common folks have no real power either even if public opinion goes against KCE. This is why I’m wondering how KCE will meet his downfall. He might have to be assasinated.

First of all, thanks for the compliment.:wub:

Now, I would like to answer your question. Notice that KEc uses the people as a thread against the King. In my opinion, when KEC is talking about the people, he is thinking about scholars, nobles and officials. Besides, there is just the half of the court that is supporting him. The other is supporting the Queen and SW. Sure, the latter are now in the minority. 

However, by living with HS as a commoner, WD/LY will realize that he can get the support from the real people, the commoners. HS told WD that they were not considered as human so far and they had no right. Hence this will be KEC's mistake. LY will be able to get the support from the villagers who will gather people from other villages. Then the queen and SW can side with LY as they are about to get deposed. The queen made the mistake to think that LY was her enemy, yet she misjudged the whole situation. Sure, with LY alive, her son can not succeed officially, unless they come to an agreement, if he is allowed to marry YYS/HS f. ex.

@pad-hari The riddle was about eunuch Jang. He wanted JJY to meet his eunuch as the latter would have told him things about LY/Crown princess aso. Sure, JJY never met him as he was killed before. Yet he solved the riddle but too late. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

@bebebisous33, I hope that it’s the case that the prince can garner the support of the scholars, the queen’s faction and other noblemen. I know the people will support him but I still don’t know how much power the people have in that period of time unless they have an organized resistance. My first sageuk was The Princess’ Man and it quickly taught me how much power a determined usurper can possess. Then again, they say that particular king was known to be cruel in Korean history but also did a lot of good for the development of the country. In that drama he killed a lot of officials, scholars and noblemen because he had that much power. Perhaps KCE looks like a saint in comparison. lol

• Like 9

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

@bebebisous33, I hope that it’s the case that the prince can garner the support of the scholars, the queen’s faction and other noblemen. I know the people will support him but I still don’t know how much power the people have in that period of time unless they have an organized resistance. My first sageuk was The Princess’ Man and it quickly taught me how much power a determined usurper can possess. Then again, they say that particular king was known to be cruel in Korean history but also did a lot of good for the development of the country. In that drama he killed a lot of officials, scholars and noblemen because he had that much power. Perhaps KCE looks like a saint in comparison. lol

Remember that in the beginning, LY left the palace and went to his aide JJY. The latter warned him not to go there as he would get killed. My impression is that the Crown prince is going to the battle in order to be by the side of the people fighting for him. He will join the villagers.

• Like 10

I think MY is the father of the baby.

Some of you already said that Crown Princess showed some affection towards MY. I think Crown Princess and MY might have had a little history together. He might be the only one who cared a bit for her since her father clearly doesn't.

So HS purpesoly send LY/WD to that village where the real WD supposedly lives? I didn't really get that part.

Anyhow I'm glad that she passively told him the truth. Can't wait for next week eps. (And yaay to the ratings  -> kokobop dance ?!? :D

• Like 10

4 hours ago, dotonly said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but could it be that the father of the crown princess baby is prince SW? Because he has feelings for the crown princess.

He or the bodyguard.

Havent watch ep 7 yet or they revealed the answer on latest ep?

We don't know yet, so we are still guessing.

My bet is that the baby daddy is MY (Hong's brother).

• Like 9

Just to clarify, the Chinese word written in the secret letter was not elbow...it was heel?  I can't remember who mentioned it.  I have been busy trying to play catch up and speed reading earlier pages.

• Like 8

I was finally able to watch episode 7 and would like to share my thoughts on this episode. :) Since RL is a bit in the way I must and hope I can keep this post as short as possible.

First things first: this episode alone was already soooo much better than episode 5 and 6. So yay for that!

BUT there are some parts which really bothered and still bother me.

The editing is out of this world terrible. It's been the case in the episodes up until now that the editing is just choppy and makes weird scene-to-scene connection. But episode 7 knocked it out of the park... in the negative way.

Like if the editor doesn't get hit by the flu and gets replaced or attends a quick editing workshop I think we have to live with the nonexistent, choppy or Windows Movie Maker transition effect until the end of this drama.

The editor does interrupt scenes (e.g. Mr Dimples begging for an private audience or interrupt Won Deok and the arrow scene with 3 second scene of Mr Dimples getting kidnapped) probably to heighten the anticipation, yet it doesn't do any of that. It's just unnecessary. Also the ending is rather unexcitedly since we know nothing will happen to neither Won Deok or Hong Shim. The best cliffhanger ending would've been when the King finds out the Crown Princess is pregnant. But the writer, director and editor wanted it to end with Won Deok and Hong Shim even when it makes no sense.

So while the episode was rather nice when it comes to moving the plot and putting the characters slowly on their final positions for the finale, the editing is just that: terrible.

Also, the writing is inconsistent. Did we need the minor evil character: the magistrate and noble-douchbag-man? I'm not sure we needed them to give Won Deok flashbacks or have him being protective of Hong Shim. It's like Hong Shim is very much not active in her role. Yes, she is plucky and smart but she remains somewhat a plot device for Won Deok's process to get his memory back. Meanwhile scenes like when she asks her adoptive father who Won Deok really is (YES! YES! Finally!) remain underdeveloped. It's unclear what Hong Shim's adoptive father's true role really is. Was he a nobleman himself? Was he friends with Hong Shim's family? Or is he simply only there to slow down the plot, a millstone around the neck so to speak?

I like though that both, Won Deok and Hong Shim, are wary of eachother's true identity (since Hong Shim is hiding as well). I think somebody mentioned it already but I believe Won Deok might be the first to figure out who Hong Shim is. Btw was I the only one who screamed when Won Deok stopped Hong Shim from tending to his wound? I think it would've triggered a memory and omg... can we have that please?

Also Hong Shim after figuring out that Won Deok is really not a real person (I still think the writer messed this part really up overall) I like that she is very aware of that fact and conflicted in regards of developing feelings for him.

AND: can I please get a applaud for figuring out so quickly that the guy from the party is actually there to investigate the misbehavior of the magistrate? Everyone was convinced he was a random dude who was just there but yeah my eagle eye noticed right away something more was going on behind this guy. Yes. :lol: Also, so nice for making the connection between him and Lee Yul over the poem.

Another confusingly written plot is the whole pregnancy story. So how is it possible that Kim Cha Eon and the Crown Princess openly pretend that she is pregnant with the Crown Prince's child? I think the consummation of the marriage is strictly regulated within the palace/court and can't happen unnoticed. And I thought it was a open secret that the Crown Prince did everything so he doesn't have to consummate the marriage. And now with Crown Prince presumably dead and the child's real father as well (which is not the case) they can just pretend and play the King? Questionable or maybe I missed some key scene or they were simply edited out. :P

It was clear that Kim Cha Eon wants the Queen and the Grand Prince to be disposed. I liked that Seowon came forward to confront his father about who is actually ruling this country? I'm still unsure of his role though since we don't get many scenes with him and don't know his intentions/reasons. Same goes for Jung Sa Yeob. He does have this weird connection with the Queen and the Crown Princess right? So could I maybe hope that the Crown Princess is having her own plan to take down her own father after he was ready to sacrifice her as a child? Who knows?

What I enjoyed a lot though were actually the couple scenes. I think they have won me over a little because I just like when they're honest with eachother and they're not forcing themselves to make stupid jokes. I like when they teased eachother. It was the cutest and warmest scene. Keep that up, drama!

Anyways - did I say I hoped this would be a short post? Let me give you Kim Cha Eon's The Office face:

KimChaEonTheOffice.gif

P.S.: @triplem I haven't forgotten about Mr Dimples but I can't decide whether his actions were/are smart stupid or both. :lol:

P.P.S: Still swooning over Moo Yeon who deserves his own post. Also I still need to watch episode 8 to get a grasp and maybe further informations on plots I didn't get clearly.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

I just finished episode 7 and 8, and I like the comedic timing when they all just came from a terrible situation. I was hoping that they will consummate the wedding but unfortunately this is kdrama so I know it was hopeless, but I’m glad that WD said before they sleep together he needs to find his memory back and after that rejection he has goal to find his memory not for his sake but he wanted to sleep with HS because he started to fall for her! So far I love the character development of our lead. I’m touched with the friends HS that they throw a surprise party to WD even though it worries HS and her father. When our prince will gain back his memory this one that he will not forget; The last time he celebrated his birthday it’s a huge feast but never really enjoyed it. This time he celebrated with people around him who really cares about him, small and intimate. 

I was wondering if MY is dead? the VP can recognize the finger nail of the prince he knew it was not the prince. Our JSY is one man hunt and has no fear in investing the truth. I know he has a crush on HS but please she is a married woman for pete’s sake, at least in the next episode he will know the truth. I wonder for will the VP will fall at the end, I’m curious what is the writer up on his sleeves for us, so looking forward for good episode.

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Lj said:

I was wondering if MY is dead

Not sure.  Although (only because I am busy playing catch up and reading from the start), if he's a key character I am wondering why he was a no show at the Press Con and instead CPrincess appeared instead?  Unless they felt like the line up was already very male heavy and had to throw another female in there to soften it somewhat.  I feel like it's a bit early to kill him off right now?  There is one bit that troubles me.  I know a few here feel like he missed seeing his father killed by KCE which is why he ended up agreeing to be his henchman.  Personally I feel like he knew he was in bed with the enemy and was forced into it by circumstances that unfolded.  Unless I missed something, his sister and he were running away after their father was killed (his father's last words were to "survive and live on")...he hid her and sacrifices himself by leading the search party away from her...then he appears in KCE's courtyard threatening to kill his daughter and tells him to call off the hunt (so he knows KCE is the msatermind behind it)...KCE disarms him and could've killed him off there...but a deal was struck then...his sister's liberty for his enslavement to KCE (which had an end point - till the death of LY)?  Is that what transpired?  Then it would make sense that MY packed his bags after the final act and walked away after he farewells CPrincess.  He adheres to his father's final wish to "survive and live on" despite having to fraternize with the enemy in exchange for his sister's life.  I am still not convinced he is the father of her unborn child though...seems rather crass of him to leave her if he knew that to be true...I still feel like theirs is a secret forbidden love that grew over time which was unspoken and never consummated.

I am also wondering if HS's adopted father may well have been in cahoots too?  Initially I thought maybe he was just blundering along but perhaps what transpired was that MY arranged for him to care for his sister in his absence...maybe that's why those mountain trips were a necessity for information exchange or the like... Just thinking out loud. MY seemed pretty certain in his mind that once he finished his mission, he would be able to take HS away and live a quiet life away from all the turmoil and politics and "live on" like his father demanded them to do.

EDIT- apologies if I piggy backed off someone else's prophetic theory already from previous pages about MY and HS's adoptive father.  I skimmed a lot of the previous pages.

• Like 9

The camera work from above, wow!!!!!:thumbsup:

mjiL7RN.gif

Yul is never going to get this opportunity again like this

xqaYlDJ.gif

I have got some spoiler pix for the upcoming episodes.  The princess near the rapeseed field???? 

Spoiler

axadYyD.png

wc0uH9S.jpg

cr: dc gall

• Like 10

Re Royal Inspector

Hi everyone — remember Hong Shim Yi Suh’s family belongs to a right hand man of the former killed King and she can read and write and trained intelligently like her brother.  When WD was already fast asleep she looked at his hands trying to know why his hands are beautiful and then she sneakout to locate his father as she was really disturbed of who is WD. However, in the place where her dad usually stays she found the guy who accidently tripped the “soup lady” and he was holding the royal inspector stick but because she can read she knows what’s written on the golden stick. 

The Ledger, WD bought a ledger because somehow not told and showed directly; he find the magistrate and nobleman corrupt as these two protects the loanshark Ma Chil.  It was odd for HS but she easily got it when she received the message from the young slave.  I don’t know where the ledger was bought though that’s why I shared earlier why episode 7 was off of some story part. 

PS: the former King who was killed to transfer the throne to the brother King now I think opposes the VM’s. It’s always the VM’s thing to stirr people that’s why everyone hates the former King. The brother King now he knew the truth that sided incorrectly and it’s too late as he is too afraid to even accept the suggestion to send Bailiff JJY to Sejong Village as new Magistrate and that is his biggest mistake because the good always wins at the end without trying to be scheming. Life is like a circle 

I have one question though — how is it that Step Father is so devoted to Hong Shim as daughter and Mr Assasin cannot recognized him.  I want to know that story. Because he took care and stood as father to HS by all means. He also knows where the father is buried and the family.

By the way the step father’s work is the maintain that fire will keep burning to signal something uphill. I saw it done with passion in Shadowless Sword movie where young NJH was the child actress that’s why Royal inspector visit and stays with HS father. Signal fire is for signaling something. 

@pad-hari yes 26 and 28. He was 10 and She was 12. The story currently if I understood correctly is 16 years after. Real Won Deuk is similar age as her orabeoni MY middle 30s already as he was already a trainee in swordsmanship. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Maybe the incident between Moo Yeon and the Crown Princess when they were just children might have formed a bond between them and maybe they're on their own path for revenge?

Again I still haven't watched episode 8, so maybe all the theories I'm coming up here are easily neglected by what's happened in that episode. :)

• Like 8

19 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I normally do not watch sageuks. From what I gather from the drama, the king or CP is usually helpless against the ministers. (My experience is limited to Moon Embraces the Sun and Moonlight in the Clouds, mian!)

I would think it is utterly frustrating that even in their personal life, everything is determined by the ministers (up to who they can marry) and a weak king....

But that's actually in a way democracy. :)

I mean these days a president of a country needs the support of his political party and addition to that even other parties which have similar interest, even if they don't agree in every aspect. So if we look at it that way: the left and right party in Korean history was there to advice the King and to control his actions because the King doesn't hold all the knowledge.

The problematic thing about it is that usually the right and left party would be in some way connected to either the Queen's family or any other opposing person and that leads to conflicts including overthrowing the King.

And while especially real sageuks try to be as close to historical facts as possible I would daresay dramas are simply that: dramas which overexaggerate historical events in order to make the plot more exciting. Also: 100 Days Husband isn't a sageuk. It's a fusion sageuk which means in this case all characters are not based on historical figures. So especially in this drama the writer does have all freedoms when it comes to making a poiint by making the left AND right party oppose the King. :) 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, anjelikaeyes13 said:

I have one question though — how is it that Step Father is so devoted to Hong Shim as daughter and Mr Assasin cannot recognized him.  I want to know that story. Because he took care and stood as father to HS by all means. He also knows where the father is buried and the family.

I assumed HS confined with him after the Stepfather took care of her for sometime?

Spoiler

I believe Stepfather projects his love for his dead daughter towards HS, that's why he is so caring by all means.

viu.png

• Like 8