[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Can someone who read the book tell me if DJ remembers the mortal (King Xuanren) realm with FJ?  Like, if he can see his time he spent with her with the mirror. Or if anyone can tell me what chapters it happens in the book I'd really appreciate it. Thanks <3

1 minute ago, BaiZiHua said:

Can someone who read the book tell me if DJ remembers the mortal (King) realm with FJ?  Like, if he can see his time he spent with her with the mirror. Or if anyone can tell me what chapters it happens in the book I'd really appreciate it. 

The book glosses over the mortal realm. That DJ was there was a cover story to hide the fact that he was in deep slumber, recovering from having purified  fanyin valley. We only read that FJ is consort Chen and emperor song doesn't win her affections after 4 years, so he gifts her to qingti, after she writes another consort a love letter. (the love in vain concept) 

2 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Yes he will :phew:

Reveal hidden contents

He give Taichen palace to YQT and told him not to see Fengjiu again forever :D

Yes, he did, didn't he? But zhonglin being very level headed actually said it won't matter greatly if they didn't comply. Which was kinda sad. And it reminds me now that the reason DJ chose him as the successor was because his body was made out of FJ's essence. 

@memine I think in our own way, we are also fiercely protective of FJ. For those of us who read the book and had the opportunity to understand her tots and feelings , I think we have come to love her for who she is and we would have stood by her too, thru thick and thin. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@BaiZiHua, in the book Dijun never went to the mortal realm. It was a lie created by Taichen palace, they made everyone believe that he was in the mortal realm but actually he was just in seclusion. Here is what the book says:

“Five hundred years ago, the Miaoyi Huiming Realm had begun to show signs of collapse. Dijun spent half of his cultivation to stabilize it and afterward went into a century-long sleep. At that time, wasn't there a rumor that claimed Dijun had reincarnated to the mortal realm in order to experience mortal sufferings? With Dijun's personality, why would he have such a strange whim of wanting to experience human's sufferings? Taichen Palace only spread such rumor to cover up the fact that Dijun was in a deep sleep."

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, memine said:

@9tRedFox :lol::lol:

DH, although you're as old as time Rock, your way of wooing and catching attention from your girl is still elementary and juvenile level la~~~

Buuuuuut, you're forgiven, i'm weak with such beautiful God

He's too d*mn attractive, it's a crime

Lol..his wooing methods..cut him some slack:D...can blamed him tho.. since this is the first time he took noticed of women..not just an ordinary woman but she is Bai Fengjiu (Feng Jiu meaning Pheonix -Nine)who are the one and only Nine-tailed Red Fox in the world.

Don't worry about Donghua Dijun's courtship..he is a former Master of the Universe..he prowess in self- thought methods..always knows everything.

Couldn't agree more about Vengo aka Donghua Dijun..definition of perfection.

Donghua appearance is so perfectly suitable ..just like how the book has described.

Donghua Dijun,  His Majesty is as old as time, his looks as radiant as the sun and the moon. He had long silver hair handsome and regal countenance. When he held a Buddhist Sutra he was solemn and tranquil beyond all existence . When he wielded a sword he was fierce as a destructive cyclone.

His blood got a pigments of gold due to his long life cultivations .One small bowl of his blood can enhanced someone else cultivation 1800 yrs if consumed. 

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

IKR.. that's exactly how i felt..

me too all these time waiting ... and now i cant believe we are almost halfway there,  soo quick!!   :(   but after all  im glad tencent pick up this story and with  the same actors!  something like that never happens! i remember when reed the pillow book i though "if only thy could do a live adaptation with vengo and reba, but that is impossible" and here we are!!  im gonna rewatch it asvmany times i want :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I've spent the whole day binge-watching ep13-24 and another couple hours to read through the last 40 pages of comments in this forum.:sweatingbullets:
I was annoyed at first after realizing that they drag mortal arc for 12 episodes. But then again, Ye Qingti is such a sweetheart:wub: so I'll just take it as it is.
I wonder how did Nie Chuyin conveniently had the (one of the two) Miao Luo's blood drop in his possession?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

me too all these time waiting ... and now i cant believe we are almost halfway there,  soo quick!!   :(   but after all  im glad tencent pick up this story and with  the same actors!  something like that never happens! i remember when reed the pillow book i though "if only thy could do a live adaptation with vengo and reba, but that is impossible" and here we are!!  im gonna rewatch it asvmany times i want :) 

Indeed..it's a Dream come true..

As for a live adaptation of Vengo/Reba..it will be interesting.

1 hour ago, Kimberly Amor said:

OMG I wanna cry already because SAME!!!!! :tears::tears::tears:

I feel you:tears:..but for the time being..let us enjoyed it to the fullest..:wub:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, orenji_neko said:

I've spent the whole day binge-watching ep13-24 and another couple hours to read through the last 40 pages of comments in this forum.:sweatingbullets:
I was annoyed at first after realizing that they drag mortal arc for 12 episodes. But then again, Ye Qingti is such a sweetheart:wub: so I'll just take it as it is.
I wonder how did Nie Chuyin conveniently had the (one of the two) Miao Luo's blood drop in his possession?

We are on the same boat! Spent most of yesterday catching up on the mortal arc and I'm still not fully caught up yet. Its long, but yeah Ye Qingti is such a sweetheart. I didnt think I'd like his character as much, but here we are. 

• Like 1

I binged watch the mortal arc too. I'm not a fan of the idea DH going down to the mortal realm. Even though the mortal arc imo is too long for my liking but I like the story. It is so sad how

Spoiler

SXR died of a broken heart and how the dynasty fell in 10 years after his death.

Since SXR is DH's incarnation his love for FJ parallels with DH's love for her. Both DH and SXR lost the will to live (in their own ways) after she left them. The same can be said with Chen Ye too. 

Anyway, I'm glad they are back in the sky kingdom. I'm sure we all are waiting for DH to start his courting with FJ :lol:. A lot of fun is coming in this week's episodes.

• Like 7

@pawla I agree that it was a bit long... I really wanted to see them back in heaven and courting :wub: 

And yes, Song Xuan Ren’s story is SO sad. Those last couple eps really did me in. I was crying when they were crying. Just felt so heartbroken for this couple who loved each other but couldn’t reciprocate/ attain the other’s love for one reason or another. 

I thought it would make me feel better that SXR was just the mortal incarnation of DH. However, the fact that he’s still feeling that pain when he returns to Taichen Gong as DH Dijun is just... sad. 

Sorry I wish I could be more eloquent in expressing my feelings :unsure:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Dao Tran said:

I don’t like dilireba  new hair cut :cold_sweat:

She cut off all her hair. She look like a man.  I don’t know how insert the picture here.

•  

Where did you see it ? I checked Weibo and there is nothing. If you mean the old photoshoot for magazines she is using a wig

3 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Donghua appearance is so perfectly suitable ..just like how the book has described.

Donghua Dijun,  His Majesty is as old as time, his looks as radiant as the sun and the moon. He had long silver hair handsome and regal countenance. When he held a Buddhist Sutra he was solemn and tranquil beyond all existence . When he wielded a sword he was fierce as a destructive cyclone.

His blood got a pigments of gold due to his long life cultivations .One small bowl of his blood can enhanced someone else cultivation 1800 yrs if consumed. 

And as shameless as can be..... :sweat_smile:

1 hour ago, pawla said:

Since SXR is DH's incarnation his love for FJ parallels with DH's love for her. Both DH and SXR lost the will to live (in their own ways) after she left them. The same can be said with Chen Ye too..

Wah.. you're so right. After you point that i realize that in their 3L3W DH is still DH afterall. Thank you for enlighten me :thumbsup:

Reading comments on highly anticipated upcoming bath scenes are so funny, there are some bashing liansong for ruining the moods, there are some demanding clear water instead milky water, some demand DH join FJ etc.. haha can't wait for Thursday... 3 more days of waiting :pensive:

• Like 5

Guys, I was trying to hold myself back until it will be complete and  I can binge-watch all again and again but that was it. This weekend, I could not stop myself and watched all episodes released and I am IN LOVEEE. But when I finished , I realized that it is exactly left where I anticipate most. I am so sad right now :(

Edited by mımoz
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, memine said:

And as shameless as can be..... :sweat_smile:

Liansong pov

" Dijun's courtship was just too ingenious that one should forgive him for not really picking up on it."

Liansong  purposely tried to get on DH's nerves but failed..

"Even with that evil appearance,  the entire world for some reason still praise you without fail. They all think you're virtuous and upright. Not one soul has come to unmask you". 

Arrogant DH :

"Why should I feel jealous? I was borrowing Xixe identity. I'm still me. Didn't she fall in love with me again because she'll never be able to love anyone else but me."

• LOL 8

28 minutes ago, mımoz said:

Guys, I was trying to hold myself back until it will be complete and  I can binge-watch all again and again but that was it. This weekend, I could not stop myself and watched all episodes released and I am IN LOVEEE. But when I finished , I realized that it is exactly left where I anticipate most. I am so sad right now :(

Don't worry..in less than 2 days for new episodes..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmylyne said:

Don't worry..in less than 2 days for new episodes..

yes, there is no other choice  So I will wait. The most enjoyable parts where dijun himself  fall in love is comingg. Best parts ever. Hopefully this forum help me with the waiting..

• Like 2

@olivialai hopefully everything will be alright! All the best and take care, we'll always be here when you are ready to join again :)

2 hours ago, pawla said:

I binged watch the mortal arc too. I'm not a fan of the idea DH going down to the mortal realm. Even though the mortal arc imo is too long for my liking but I like the story. It is so sad how

Reveal hidden contents

SXR died of a broken heart and how the dynasty fell in 10 years after his death.

Since SXR is DH's incarnation his love for FJ parallels with DH's love for her. Both DH and SXR lost the will to live (in their own ways) after she left them. The same can be said with Chen Ye too. 

Anyway, I'm glad they are back in the sky kingdom. I'm sure we all are waiting for DH to start his courting with FJ :lol:. A lot of fun is coming in this week's episodes.

I think the scriptwriters decided to change the mortal arc to have DH actually be there is to appease people that may get turned off when it was revealed that DH never went so FJ was with a total stranger (the emperor), also to fullfill the 3L3W side of things, because if DH wasn't in the mortal arc then technically their love is only 2L2W(?).

But I liked how all three versions of DH (Dijun, Song Xuanren, Chenye) love FJ in the same way- as in, they lost their will to live once FJ left, like what you said. I think the "losing will to live" shows how much DH actually love FJ, despite his aloofness (I mean... Ice Face :joy:) and him always bullying FJ. So from FJ's side, her willingness to do anything for him shows her depth of love, while for DH, it's him losing the will to live once he lost her.

I cannot wait for new eps this week! This week is when all the exciting things happen! (well I guess ep 24 too but DJ's chase for FJ's love is about to startttt :love::joy:)

• Like 6