[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

@memine, yeah, our precious Dijun is old as s**t but a virgin. Hope he has read enough ancient scripts on how the deed is done :joy:

I don't write on mydramalist, I just stop by to check the rating and sometimes read comments. I don't participate on purpose cause I will get pissed and I don't want to jeopardize the rating even more by having meaningless arguments with stupid ppl.

And yeah, it's always about Reba's looks and Vengo's acting. Yes, they are not the typical Chinese nor best of the best. But they are unique and this will always be more important. Guess it's not easy to have a breakthrough in China with its millions of actors. I'm so happy that Yang Mi saw how they stood out from the crowd and gave them the chance, as well as her support every step of the way. Nothing scares the s**t out of me more than fake news every now and then on Reba leaving Jaywalk.

@Bai Gun Gun, could you please let me know which do you think are the best English translations of the OST? Cause I believe I saw different English versions of the duet song and I'm not sure which one is more correct.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, memine said:

it's understandable for DH to preserve his virginity for FJ only.. he wait for the perfect queen ofc. Also who wouldn't traumatize with this kind experience 

Hide contents

6LsuM18.jpg%20

:lol:

@9tRedFox @jimmylyne wow you're brave entering the field there lol.. whenever i read some hateful or ignorant comments on mdl or other site (YouTube comments, IG, weibo, etc etc), I can't help having the headache :sweatingbullets: most of them bashing reba, or complaining why this drama more popular than _______ (insert other drama's name) when the quality isn't as good and boring, or why some cast are different with TMOPB, or why DJ and FJ are "different" with TMOPB blablabla.. hahaha most of the time i would only laugh it out, but when i'm not in my better mood, those comments can be soooooo annoying. I guess that's the down side for highly anticipated drama, haters are nitpicking here and there and ready anytime to rain on your parade. This is why this thread is like a cleansing and detoxifying place. An ELoD haven.

Anyway i survive another day, one day closer to Thursday, here's to brighten our Tue...

IKR..for the unpleasant comments..just brush it off...i was seldom lurking into other site..actually it's been a while until yesterday.

"This is why this thread is like a cleansing and detoxifying place. An ELoD haven." 

Yes...the truth..indeed. :thumbsup:

I love how Donghua Dijun preserve his virginity celibacyness until he meet the right one ..the one and only Xiao Bai ....despite a countless beauties and handsome lads try to seduce him..

@9tRedFox we can count on Dijun ingenious coaxings and courtships..no matter how selfish and weird his methods was ...still unbelievably annoyingly adorable.

Master of self-taught..and you are saying he read an ancient book to know how the deed is done :joy:most probably the truth.

Poor FJ always swooned..bedazzled by Donghua Dijun...but didn't we all also feel the same? Swooning and bedazzled by his "out of this world" look.

Very supportive..an awesome Boss..Yang Mi.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@sssf, I searched it for you:

Spoiler

Liansong hesitated before continuing.  “According to Siming, Fengjiu traded her fur with the Black Demon Lord, Nie Chuyin, in order to help you.  After coming into possession of her fur, he let her borrow a temporary red coat to wear.”  He studied Donghua as he told him, “This event happened precisely 305 years ago.” 
Donghua was seemingly surprised.  The hand which placed the stone on the chessboard remained frozen in its spot.  “Do you mean to say the baby fox I lost was Xiao Bai?” 
Liansong poured more tea, took a sip, and went on.  “I heard you saved her life once when she was young.  Thereafter, she could not forget you.  More than seven hundred years ago when Taichen Palace was looking for helpers, she asked Siming to bring her into your palace as a maidservant.  But for some reason, you never paid any attention to her.  Later when she heard you were imprisoned inside the Wicked Lotus Sphere, she went to save you and turned into the baby fox that stayed by your side, likely hoping she could move your heart.  But afterward, you intended to marry Jiheng...” At this point, he glanced to Donghua who was enduring emotional shocks and hesitatingly continued, “Is it true that before your wedding with Jiheng, she made Jiheng injured and you ordered Zhonglin to lock her up, then neglected her for a long time?”  After seeing Donghua frowningly nodded, he went on, “It was said that Zhonglin took pity on her and let her out.  After which she was tortured by Jiheng's snow lion and almost lost her life.  Luckily, she was saved by Siming.  When Siming was drunk, he lamented that she was gravely injured at that time.  It took three days of bed rest in his estate for her to wake up.  But you didn't care at all, didn't go to look for her, thus she was heartbroken and went back to Qingqiu.”  Then he resumed lamenting, “No wonder you searched every corner from Heaven to Earth but still could not find her.  It had felt strange to me too, how she had gone missing without a trace.”  Then he added, “I mulled over these things and could guess you were not aware of any of them.  Your relationship seems to be going well these days, but there may still be misunderstandings Fengjiu has toward you.” 

It's on page 310 of Book 1.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 1

Wooooooh love the way you guys are so fiercely defending our favorite actress Reba <3 She's so gorgeous and talented it's sad that not everyone loves her :tears: I blame it on those parties that always like to get attention by bursting out "news" of her and another co-star being a couple or something. It's also annoying and shallow that some fans of the actor who got paired aims their hate to her -- I mean it's not Reba's fault she keeps getting paired lmfao

The people that attack her (either on her acting skills or aging or anything really) are just plain old jealous lol~ for me even if I don't like someone I would just back off nicely and just refuse to look rather than bashing mindlessly. It's not that hard. I think it takes less energy actually hahaha :lol:

Same goes for Vengo, and also the Reba/Vengo ship~ If they don't like it, then just don't venture into it and leave us to fangirl in peace lol (and vice versa, we will let them hate in peace ;) as long as they keep it in private and not publicly, which I believe is just annoying to everyone)

Anyways back to the ost, does anyone need English translations for the four songs? I've done one for Pillowside Person, but if there's a need I'll be glad to do the others too and post them here~

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, olivialai said:

Anyways back to the ost, does anyone need English translations for the four songs? I've done one for Pillowside Person, but if there's a need I'll be glad to do the others too and post them here~

Yes, please! If it's not too much of a trouble for you :kiss_wink:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Reveal hidden contents

Liansong hesitated before continuing.  “According to Siming, Fengjiu traded her fur with the Black Demon Lord, Nie Chuyin, in order to help you.  After coming into possession of her fur, he let her borrow a temporary red coat to wear.”  He studied Donghua as he told him, “This event happened precisely 305 years ago.” 
Donghua was seemingly surprised.  The hand which placed the stone on the chessboard remained frozen in its spot.  “Do you mean to say the baby fox I lost was Xiao Bai?” 
Liansong poured more tea, took a sip, and went on.  “I heard you saved her life once when she was young.  Thereafter, she could not forget you.  More than seven hundred years ago when Taichen Palace was looking for helpers, she asked Siming to bring her into your palace as a maidservant.  But for some reason, you never paid any attention to her.  Later when she heard you were imprisoned inside the Wicked Lotus Sphere, she went to save you and turned into the baby fox that stayed by your side, likely hoping she could move your heart.  But afterward, you intended to marry Jiheng...” At this point, he glanced to Donghua who was enduring emotional shocks and hesitatingly continued, “Is it true that before your wedding with Jiheng, she made Jiheng injured and you ordered Zhonglin to lock her up, then neglected her for a long time?”  After seeing Donghua frowningly nodded, he went on, “It was said that Zhonglin took pity on her and let her out.  After which she was tortured by Jiheng's snow lion and almost lost her life.  Luckily, she was saved by Siming.  When Siming was drunk, he lamented that she was gravely injured at that time.  It took three days of bed rest in his estate for her to wake up.  But you didn't care at all, didn't go to look for her, thus she was heartbroken and went back to Qingqiu.”  Then he resumed lamenting, “No wonder you searched every corner from Heaven to Earth but still could not find her.  It had felt strange to me too, how she had gone missing without a trace.”  Then he added, “I mulled over these things and could guess you were not aware of any of them.  Your relationship seems to be going well these days, but there may still be misunderstandings Fengjiu has toward you.” 

Even after read it like a thousands times already..still make me crying over FJ's anguishes sufferings...all the thing she had to endure..:dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 4

Just now, 9tRedFox said:

Yes, please! If it's not too much of a trouble for you :kiss_wink:

Haha no trouble at all! I just need time xD - depends if I have extra time after finishing my current tasks (tutorials and assignments and revision) in university lol

Without further ado here's the translation for Pillowside Person~

Spoiler

Once I dreamt, the wind softly caressing a sea of flowers
That is a place that I have forgotten
Destiny denies the heart of its love, primal instincts overwhelm reasoning
And oh I forgot to say, it will be useless even if you achieve ekotikarana (*1)

Once I dreamt, of a book of leaves in which dream ravings were written
Those were the promises you could not pledge
The rules that bind the land, of which even if understood could not be spoken freely
Even if we are not fated (who knows what will happen?) For luck and misfortune are the two sides of the same coin

Whilst I sleep, I enter your dreams, defying my principles, and daring to freely love for once
Looking into the skies, alone and downcast, yet remembering the past as if it was a vivid painting
Unfaltering against the ravages of time, or the pain of pining - Within my heart
There will always be a love that is timeless

Far apart, we meet in our dreams. The fallen leaves turn to ash, and a teardrop falls
After tasting all the delicacies on earth, I would rather have you by my side (*2)
All of heaven and earth conspired to brew a river of sorrow, and I find myself trapped
Love is an ordeal, a mistake, and is complicated by fate 

Once I dreamt, a gentle whisper/touch tickling my ear
Those were clouds made of your tears
Time passes swiftly as the sun rises and sinks, and I sway between the thin lines of god and demon due to my passions
Of all the philosophies I deciphered after experiencing life and death, why is love the hardest to attain?

Whilst I sleep, I enter your dreams, defying my principles, and daring to freely love for once
Looking into the skies, alone and downcast, yet remembering the past as if it was a vivid painting
Unfaltering against the ravages of time, or the pain of pining - Within my heart

When the world no longer sleeps, the sun and the moon no longer drifts, and love is no longer forlorn
A sketch of a dream to embellish your own
I do not wish for a pledge of eternal love to crown you with blossoming buds (*2)
My only wish is that your presence is deeply carved into my life
A book left on the pillow, to slowly reminisce when I wake up

*1 - ekotikarana/single-pointing: this refers to the eighth level of samatha - the info is under Indo-Tibetan tradition/Nine mental abidings -> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samatha

*2 - fengjiu is known to be a great cook, and dijun loves the confections she makes for him, especially caramel candy in the shape of a fox

*3 - a crown of blossoming flowers refers back to FJ's knowledge where in ancient times gods used to gift flower crowns as a token of love

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 10

14 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

@jimmylyne, don't you feel sorry for poor Grandpa "who was enduring emotional shocks"? :joy:

Waiting to see Vengo's emotional shocks, oh boy :D

Yes..off course..it's not his faults..how can i blame him..if his/ours beloved Fengjiu also felt and says "it not Dijun faults"? blamed it on ill-fate..

As for wether Vengo can pulled it off ..let's us wait and see..but after seen Song Xuanren emotional state..i think he will do it well..i really hope so..

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Reveal hidden contents

im confussed,  did he suspected earlier ??? 

Spoiler

Fairy energy lingered floatingly around him. Donghua leaned on his cheek and gazed at the fox for half a day. At length he suddenly asked, “Did I perhaps save you when you were younger?” She gripped the handkerchief in her hand and stared up at him. Momentarily stunned, she neither nodded nor shook her head. It was surprising and pleasant to hear that Donghua still remembered he had once saved her. From Heaven down to Earth, she was the only ninetailed red fox in the world, too precious, and too desirable to a number of kidnapers. For this reason, she used to combine her nine tails into one whenever she left home. This was a skill she had practiced for many years. Even someone as powerful as Donghua wouldn't see her nine tails without taking a closer look. This was why he didn't know the person he had helped was the child queen of Qingqiu. Back then when Donghua rescued her from the tiger on Mount Qinyao, he had thought she was an ordinary wild fox with little cultivation, so he covered her with a protective shield and left. It had been two thousand years since, and her fox appearance hadn’t changed much in this time. Still, for Donghua to realize their old fate in this situation two thousand years later, she wondered if she was always one step ahead, or if life was always one step behind.

Receiving no response from her, Donghua inattentively said, “So then, I've saved you once, and you haven't repaid my favor. Then this time you can accord me by forgiving my deceit. Please give me back my handkerchief. I, too, will overlook that you've stripped it of all its color.” Donghua's words felt prickly to Fengjiu's ears. Her generosity was closing up fast. She lowered her head in reply, her voice as small as a mosquito's buzz: “Actually, I already repaid that favor.” “What?” Donghua asked in surprise. She suddenly lifted her head and glared angrily at him as she asked him with a voice that was unique to her fox form, “Are you especially fond of this handkerchief? Because Jiheng had given it to you?” She raised her paw and shook the fabric before his eyes, then blew her nose on it, crumbled it up, threw it on the ground, and stepped all over it. She next gave him a glare before turning around and running away. A few steps later, she turned her head and made a face at him. Donghua gazed after her beautiful figure, feeling that she was becoming livelier than she had been during her time on Jiuchongtian.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, olivialai said:

Haha no trouble at all! I just need time xD - depends if I have extra time after finishing my current tasks (tutorials and assignments and revision) in university lol

Without further ado here's the translation for Pillowside Person~

Reveal hidden contents

Once I dreamt, the wind softly caressing a sea of flowers
That is a place that I have forgotten
Destiny denies the heart of its love, primal instincts overwhelm reasoning
And oh I forgot to say, it will be useless even if you achieve ekotikarana (*1)

Once I dreamt, of a book of leaves in which dream ravings were written
Those were the promises you could not pledge
The rules that bind the land, of which even if understood could not be spoken freely
Even if we are not fated (who knows what will happen?) For luck and misfortune are the two sides of the same coin

Far apart, we meet in our dreams. The fallen leaves turn to ash, and a teardrop falls
After tasting all the delicacies on earth, I would rather have you by my side (*2)
All of heaven and earth conspired to brew a river of sorrow, and I find myself trapped
Love is an ordeal, a mistake, and is complicated by fate 

Once I dreamt, a gentle whisper/touch tickling my ear
Those were clouds made of your tears
Time passes swiftly as the sun rises and sinks, and I sway between the thin lines of god and demon due to my passions
Of all the philosophies I deciphered after experiencing life and death, why is love the hardest to attain?

When the world no longer sleeps, the sun and the moon no longer drifts, and love is no longer forlorn
A sketch of a dream to embellish your own
I do not wish for a pledge of eternal love to crown you with blossoming buds (*2)
My only wish is that your presence is deeply carved into my life
A book left on the pillow, to slowly reminisce when I wake up

*1 - ekotikarana/single-pointing: this refers to the eighth level of samatha - the info is under Indo-Tibetan tradition/Nine mental abidings -> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samatha

*2 - fengjiu is known to be a great cook, and dijun loves the confections she makes for him, especially caramel candy in the shape of a fox

*3 - a crown of blossoming flowers refers back to FJ's knowledge where in ancient times gods used to gift flower crowns as a token of love

Talk about Poetic...wow.. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@olivialai wowwww. Thank you for the hardwork.. sometimes after reading translation of chinese poems or song lyrics, i cant help feeling how beautiful the way they express something, yet a friend of mine who speak the language once told me that if i understand the language it is actually more beautiful and poetic, but many time it cant be delivered properly due to lost in translation... 

BTS of FJ and A Li.. they are so cute together

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4470753955401372 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

@memine Words are an important tools to convey emotion but each language has their own unique words that deliver a particular feeling.
Simple words like 'angry' or 'sad' are easy to translate but complicated emotion like '虚しい' or '执着' or '热情' are usually translated to the most similar word based on the full context. The end result could deliver 99.9% of the original emotion, or it could be less than that.
For me, it is easier to translate chinese to japanese because they have so many similarities compared to english.

Just my two cents ^_^

Disclaimer: my chinese proficiency isn't that good anyway :P

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 9tRedFox said:

could you please let me know which do you think are the best English translations of the OST? Cause I believe I saw different English versions of the duet song and I'm not sure which one is more correct.

Lan_Lan on youtube has the real translation

• Thanks 1