Quantcast
Jump to content
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017-2018] Jugglers 저글러스

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

 

yeah i really like that part actually even though CW always says he does not need an assistant but yet he has manage to really help defend her honour as well as his integrity. I really feel bad for BY though, she is being looked down even though she does have some what of a higher status than BY.

 

I really love that first scene you mentioned, it really says a lot that BY is not just some naive person, she has self respect for herself but she also knows that because of her position in the company is linked towards her Boss. This is definitely a wonderful scene of BY standing up and telling CW off.

 

totally agreed about this chingu. I love how CW is slowly changing at his own pace and he is changing because of like you said CW and Yul.

 

haha yeah that answer was so truthful :tongue: He is getting cuter and cuter ^^

 

 

 

 

it may have to do with the whole thing about culture. Most Asian countries are rather vertical hierarchical society. So I guess the idea is that, there is this idea of how you have to really do whatever your superiors needs you to do? 

I know Japan and Korea are countries that are more hierarchical.

 

But others can chip in, i am not too sure.

 

 

I am from Malaysia. Though I cant speak for others, but from my experience working as an assistant or Secretary for 20 years, I have never seen anything like in this drama. I mean, how the boss treat his secretary. My elder sister was a secretary too. She worked for nearly 25 years with the same boss until she she retired 5 years ago.  I know her boss was very kind and treat her well because we talk to each other a lot. You know, sister bonding stuff. I know her boss and some of her colleague because they will come to our house during festive season in Malaysia. 

 

However, I love Daniel Choi and I like this drama beside the secretary thing. The fluffy slipper with Lion King song, really makes me laughed so hard :grin:

  • Like 10
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@junejungki hello fellow Malaysian! yes I agree that the expectations from the SK secretaries seem rather absurd. I would hate working in that sort of environment. In the dramas it seems like it's the culture right? My mum was PA / secretary as well all her life , and though she did do a lot for her boss, it was not to the extent of going to bars / clubs or driving him home drunk. And her bosses did show her appreciation. So this seems like something endemic to SK / japan or East Asian countries. Possibly also exaggerated for drama purposes , though anyone familiar with SK work culture can give us your thoughts or experience. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, triplem said:

@junejungki hello fellow Malaysian! yes I agree that the expectations from the SK secretaries seem rather absurd. I would hate working in that sort of environment. In the dramas it seems like it's the culture right? My mum was PA / secretary as well all her life , and though she did do a lot for her boss, it was not to the extent of going to bars / clubs or driving him home drunk. And her bosses did show her appreciation. So this seems like something endemic to SK / japan or East Asian countries. Possibly also exaggerated for drama purposes , though anyone familiar with SK work culture can give us your thoughts or experience. 

Hello there too. :tongue:

 

If is true this happen only in SK and Japan, wonder why they want to take a job as a PA. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ladysaotome said:

It's exaggerated but I don't think it's too extreme. Didn't the assistants in Two Weeks Notice & The Proposal (Sandra Bullock's movies) & The Devil Wears Prada have similar demanding jobs? 

That's true as well. Maybe depends on the industry....

I do pity the secretaries in YB...the stupid slogan they had to shout...for the boss, by the boss..and I forgot the other one :lol:

@junejungki I guess it may pay better than a part time job or doing odd jobs plus I see from all the dramas, the work culture is such that all junior staff / non-management staff will suffer anyway 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ladysaotome said:

It's exaggerated but I don't think it's too extreme. Didn't the assistants in Two Weeks Notice & The Proposal (Sandra Bullock's movies) & The Devil Wears Prada have similar demanding jobs? 

They do have demanding jobs but the treatment they received from their bosses in that movie were rather mild compare to in this drama. 

7 minutes ago, triplem said:

That's true as well. Maybe depends on the industry....

I do pity the secretaries in YB...the stupid slogan they had to shout...for the boss, by the boss..and I forgot the other one :lol:

@junejungki I guess it may pay better than a part time job or doing odd jobs plus I see from all the dramas, the work culture is such that all junior staff / non-management staff will suffer anyway 

By the boss. kekekeke!!

I understand the hierarchy in the management or company  but what pissed me off they just slap or hit their junior's head. Or shouting and insulting their junior in front of everybody. That is totally unacceptable. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, junejungki said:

I am from Malaysia. Though I cant speak for others, but from my experience working as an assistant or Secretary for 20 years, I have never seen anything like in this drama. I mean, how the boss treat his secretary. My elder sister was a secretary too. She worked for nearly 35 years with the same boss until she she retired 5 years ago.  I know her boss was very kind and treat her well because we talk to each other a lot. You know, sister bonding stuff. I know her boss and some of her colleague because they will come to our house during festive season in Malaysia. 

 

However, I love Daniel Choi and I like this drama beside the secretary thing. The fluffy slipper with Lion King song, really makes me laughed so hard :grin:

I'm from Malaysia.. treatment for human its not comes from which part of the world.. but its comes from a kind and good heart.. me in an accountant line being treat like a door mat every day.. facing a craziness of his mood ... its a sad thing but dont die before fight till the end (try to get out every day) .. this drama was my happy pill on Tuesday & Wednesday morning... 

Hope i will get a good bos one day :) 2018 will end my 8th years of sadness. 

Anyway this a good drama for me .. its a different genre but i love Black Knight coz it has a Goblin vibes... hehe and I'm not a robot in my list because i'm in a waiting mood for Are you a human too.. Seo Kang Jun & Gong Seung Yeon..

Happy watching chingu.. love read all your thought here.. saranghanda :heart:

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

while we are discussing about work environments. I think that overall that even if let's say in other countries such things dont happen.

I believe it all boils down to work environment and of course your boss. I believe that not every company or boss in SK is like that, and for the purpose of the drama some is dramatize.

 

But it does matter what kind of company culture you belong to as well as what kind of boss you are given with. They will be times (regardless of being a secretary or not) where you get unreasonable superiors and bosses that make you do the weirdest and most ridiculous things.

 

and hi to all the malaysians ^^ I am your neighbour from Singapore. ^^

 

giphy.gif

 

 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((The written preview for EP5))
Yoon Yi learns about Chi Won through Q&A100.
On the other hand, Bo Na couldn’t easily push aside her feeling for Yoon Yi after what happened in the salon where Jo manger/or director & Bo Na, and Chi Won & Yoon Yi were gathered.
During the night H Yool and Chi Won are having a drink together, there is the sound of an unknown person in her basement and Yoon Yi gets scared so she knocks on Chi Won’s door…

 

** I read Ma Bo Na develops resentment and jealousy toward Yoon Ni. It means Ma Bo Na & Jo Sang Mo are antagonists to Yoon Yi & Chi Won.  
((  I have noticed the writer has an affinity for puns.    I wonder if the writer was thinking of the singer Madonna when she picked the name, Ma Bo Na. ^_^))
** According to CP, from next week Chi Won’s past is beginning to be revealed.

 

aDjqSxV.jpg

http://news1.kr/articles/?3179313

 

zIHEKUT.jpg

http://enews24.tving.com/news/article.asp?nsID=1271509

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This drama is a fun ride.  Enjoying myself so much. 

Is our frozen boss softening?  For somebody who was once married, how come he seem very blank on what meddling and interest means. Seems this drama will soon get complicated. I wouldn't mind as long as the fun is still there.  Mr Daniel and his sec. Don't know whom to chose. The two fit each other perfectly well.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, what is a K-drama without cohabitation!? 

Aha so Yoonyi's the boss at home and while at work, Chiwon's the boss:tongue: I like that he's slowly warming up to her too... That pesky Mr. Choi is annoying AF:rolleyes: but because the actor who plays him has such a rubber-like face the character becomes almost cartoonish. 

The other director hired Yoonyi's single mom bestie all because she could debone his fish!:lol: LoL @the slippers & the lion King ost when Chiwon started wearing them. oOOo the questionaire... First Time? Short & Intense :w00t:

For someone well mannered as Chiwon, seeing him give Mr. Choi the finger was both surprising & satisfying:D

 

@junejungki Hello there, fellow Malaysian here as well:D

The only boss from Hell I could think of was The Devil Wears Prada but that's because it was fairly recent. I work briefly as a P.A & I never seen other P.As be subjected to such ridiculous, OTT tasks as seen in Jugglers - then again this is for dramatization purposes. Of course I could only wish my boss was as hot as Choi Daniel:wink:

Although some of the scenes are embellished there're some real-life based ones like how the drinking culture is in South Korea. Thank God we don't have that here. As you can see with how drunk Yoonyi is. I can't help but worry for her safety had she a sleazy boss like the one in Witch At Court. 

  • Like 7
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

55282a1399c57cd7f74f00bf89d00e16.jpg51a8e08eba412a13d7ce9b47a12f84c9.jpg5b5d02366977732fd76a94fda00f63e3.jpgHe already knew that Yoon yi putting a act still he fully participated in her act and hold her or even little lift up on stairs :joy:

  • Like 8
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, booha said:

((The written preview for EP5))
Yoon Yi learns about Chi Won through Q&A100.
On the other hand, Bo Na couldn’t easily push aside her feeling for Yoon Yi after what happened in the salon where Jo manger/or director & Bo Na, and Chi Won & Yoon Yi were gathered.
During the night H Yool and Chi Won are having a drink together, there is the sound of an unknown person in her basement and Yoon Yi gets scared so she knocks on Chi Won’s door…

 

** I read Ma Bo Na develops resentment and jealousy toward Yoon Ni. It means Ma Bo Na & Jo Sang Mo are antagonists to Yoon Yi & Chi Won.  
((  I have noticed the writer has an affinity for puns.    I wonder if the writer was thinking of the singer Madonna when she picked the name, Ma Bo Na. ^_^))
** According to CP, from next week Chi Won’s past is beginning to be revealed.

 

 

 

Really BN gets jealous? oh dear, they are such good friends and BN becomes her enemy. Sadly this is a typical kdrama plot. But i really would like to know why BN holds some resentment towards YN. I mean it isnt her fault that her boss JSM is rotten to her.

 

I am excited to know what is in CW's past that makes him have nightmares.

 

3 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Seriously, what is a K-drama without cohabitation!? 

Aha so Yoonyi's the boss at home and while at work, Chiwon's the boss:tongue: I like that he's slowly warming up to her too... That pesky Mr. Choi is annoying AF:rolleyes: but because the actor who plays him has such a rubber-like face the character becomes almost cartoonish. 

The other director hired Yoonyi's single mom bestie all because she could debone his fish!:lol: LoL @the slippers & the lion King ost when Chiwon started wearing them. oOOo the questionaire... First Time? Short & Intense :w00t:

For someone well mannered as Chiwon, seeing him give Mr. Choi the finger was both surprising & satisfying:D

 

well, when you are off work and at work, you have two very different sides. I mean at work it is professional and distant, while your private life is really your true self (most of the time) and so i guess with cohabitation allows the couple to grow closer. If not the CW and YN would never meet otherwise. :tongue:

typical korean drama plot but well haha it works :tongue:

 

14 hours ago, triplem said:

That's true as well. Maybe depends on the industry....

I do pity the secretaries in YB...the stupid slogan they had to shout...for the boss, by the boss..and I forgot the other one :lol:

@junejungki I guess it may pay better than a part time job or doing odd jobs plus I see from all the dramas, the work culture is such that all junior staff / non-management staff will suffer anyway 

 

well yeah that is true, YB does seem to have that culture. But remember that YB stands for noble men right. If so, then they have a superior view of their bosses so i guess the way it kind of makes sense the company culture.

 

15 hours ago, ladysaotome said:

It's exaggerated but I don't think it's too extreme. Didn't the assistants in Two Weeks Notice & The Proposal (Sandra Bullock's movies) & The Devil Wears Prada have similar demanding jobs? 

 

true good point, it really matters on the boss and the culture.

 

4 minutes ago, aniliaz said:

 

2nd lead Director.. a cute boy who is thirst of motherly care .. he is an attention seeker , spoiled boy.. cutie ..hehe :D

Hi to all Malaysian here.. happy drooling for Daniel Choi .. kihkih :wink:

Hi @kaoriharang .. my neighbourhood chingu.. 

 

it is rather cute that there is a cute bromance between CW and Yul.

haha hi i am seeing you in two places eh ^^

 

giphy.gif

 

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2nd lead Director.. a cute boy who is thirst of motherly care .. he is an attention seeker , spoiled boy.. cutie ..hehe :D

Hi to all Malaysian here.. happy drooling for Daniel Choi .. kihkih :wink:

Hi @kaoriharang .. my neighbourhood chingu.. 

 

@kaoriharang Not two but three .. haha :D Jugglers , Black Knight and  I'm Not A Robot .. kihkih such a crazy k-drama fans. 

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not post consecutively, edit your previous post as needed. Thanks.
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, aniliaz said:

I'm from Malaysia.. treatment for human its not comes from which part of the world.. but its comes from a kind and good heart.. me in an accountant line being treat like a door mat every day.. facing a craziness of his mood ... its a sad thing but dont die before fight till the end (try to get out every day) .. this drama was my happy pill on Tuesday & Wednesday morning... 

Hope i will get a good bos one day :) 2018 will end my 8th years of sadness. 

Anyway this a good drama for me .. its a different genre but i love Black Knight coz it has a Goblin vibes... hehe and I'm not a robot in my list because i'm in a waiting mood for Are you a human too.. Seo Kang Jun & Gong Seung Yeon..

Happy watching chingu.. love read all your thought here.. saranghanda :heart:

Hi!! there!! Seems quite number of Malaysians in this thread :D

 

I am sorry to hear about what you have to go through. It makes me really angry just by reading it. Seriously, why some people can be so heartless to their staffs.  :angry: 

 

Hope this drama & other dramas will lift up your mood to face your bastard boss. I also watch Two Cops , I am Not Robot and Black Knight.  I need my chill pill too sometimes when I'm stress. 

 

@kaoriharang hi!! neighbour :D

 

@Latte_AnydayThank God we dont have drink culture like in SK or Japan. But we do have makan culture. hahahah! that is my favourite part because my former boss will always buy us expensive dinner every time we completed an important project. For your info, my former boss was a good looking man tick all the boxes of perfect man. Well,physically. But he was a womanizer. When I join him as his PA, he was in the process of getting divorce after 2 yrs of marriage. I was 25 and he was 34. I learned how to lie to cover up for all his antics.  Thus, I understand how Yoo Yi felt when her boss's wife attack her. That poor girl. Thank goodness my boss never try to flirt with me. I was just a normal girl. He had a very funny taste about women & I was and still am definitely not that type of woman :tongue:

My friends will come & visit me or pretending to visit when they actually wanted to see my boss. hahahaha!! Those were the days. I have new boss now. Grumpy man but has a good heart. Not good looking at all. Almost bald and pot belly but very loyal to his wife. heheheh!!

 

@kaoriharang I wonder why Bo Na jealously all about?? Did she know Chi Won from before? 

 

1 hour ago, aniliaz said:

 

2nd lead Director.. a cute boy who is thirst of motherly care .. he is an attention seeker , spoiled boy.. cutie ..hehe :D

Hi to all Malaysian here.. happy drooling for Daniel Choi .. kihkih :wink:

Hi @kaoriharang .. my neighbourhood chingu.. 

 

@kaoriharang Not two but three .. haha :D Jugglers , Black Knight and  I'm Not A Robot .. kihkih such a crazy k-drama fans. 

I love that boy too. I am in dilemma now. Chi Won or Yool. Decision,decision,decision :unsure:

 

t

5 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Seriously, what is a K-drama without cohabitation!? 

Aha so Yoonyi's the boss at home and while at work, Chiwon's the boss:tongue: I like that he's slowly warming up to her too... That pesky Mr. Choi is annoying AF:rolleyes: but because the actor who plays him has such a rubber-like face the character becomes almost cartoonish. 

The other director hired Yoonyi's single mom bestie all because she could debone his fish!:lol: LoL @the slippers & the lion King ost when Chiwon started wearing them. oOOo the questionaire... First Time? Short & Intense :w00t:

For someone well mannered as Chiwon, seeing him give Mr. Choi the finger was both surprising & satisfying:D

The questionaire prepared by  Yool. He copied the questionaire from fan club site. That really makes me laugh because we know what kind of question you get from fan club site. 

 

First time?? Short & intense. hahahaha!! :lol:

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, junejungki said:

Hi!! there!! Seems quite number of Malaysians in this thread :D

 

I am sorry to hear about what you have to go through. It makes me really angry just by reading it. Seriously, why some people can be so heartless to their staffs.  :angry: 

 

Hope this drama & other dramas will lift up your mood to face your bastard boss. I also watch Two Cops , I am Not Robot and Black Knight.  I need my chill pill too sometimes when I'm stress. 

 

@kaoriharang hi!! neighbour :D

 

@Latte_AnydayThank God we dont have drink culture like in SK or Japan. But we do have makan culture. hahahah! that is my favourite part because my former boss will always buy us expensive dinner every time we completed an important project. For your info, my former boss was a good looking man tick all the boxes of perfect man. Well,physically. But he was a womanizer. When I join him as his PA, he was in the process of getting divorce after 2 yrs of marriage. I was 25 and he was 34. I learned how to lie to cover up for all his antics.  Thus, I understand how Yoo Yi felt when her boss's wife attack her. That poor girl. Thank goodness my boss never try to flirt with me. I was just a normal girl. He had a very funny taste about women & I was and still am definitely not that type of woman :tongue:

My friends will come & visit me or pretending to visit when they actually wanted to see my boss. hahahaha!! Those were the days. I have new boss now. Grumpy man but has a good heart. Not good looking at all. Almost bald and pot belly but very loyal to his wife. heheheh!!

 

@kaoriharang I wonder why Bo Na jealously all about?? Did she know Chi Won from before? 

 

I love that boy too. I am in dilemma now. Chi Won or Yool. Decision,decision,decision :unsure:

 

t

The questionaire prepared by  Yool. He copied the questionaire from fan club site. That really makes me laugh because we know what kind of question you get from fan club site. 

 

First time?? Short & intense. hahahaha!! :lol:

 

yeah that is definitely the question right chingu? I am also not so sure myself why is BN jealous of YY. I still don't see the why? @triplemdo you know why? Does it have to do with what happen at the bar?

 

haha Yul is cute but i am definitely CW ^^ HAHA! He is really very innocent actually so i really love that about him.

 

haha yeah idol fan sites really funny!

 

Spoiler

i am loving BK a lot ^^

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What comes around goes around chingu  :wink: .. don't be too sad in your own faith.. Just believe in God . This drama is my happy pill beside watching Kim Se Jeong face .. hahaha she was great in smiling ... hehe love her :wub: ... Happiness in your own hand chingu.. Be positive !! Nice to be here with all of you.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohh  I forgot Ma Bo Na didn’t  have the character description in Eng sub.
The news article says Ma Bo Na has a bit of an inferior complex because she went to a vocational school.  We know she has to work with a boss who is insensitive and sexist.  When she saw how Chi Won treated Yoon Yi in the salon, she must have felt jealousy.  

 

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/jugglers/about/cast/index.html

(the character description for Ma Bo Na)

RTr6whW.jpg
YB Secretary of Advertising Planning Department / Jugglers 7th year


A member of jugglers- secretarial group, together with Yoon Yi, Jung Ae and Kyung Rye.
She went to girls' vocational high school and started out as a dispatch worker. Now she works as a secretary in charge of general affairs in Advertisement Planning Department which is the center of YB Ad.  She is known  as the goddess/ leader in the secretarial  club.

She graduated from the night college. She took an in-house MBA course and is fluent in foreign language conversation.  Though working for an ambitious and determined director Jo  makes her stressed, she carries on her pride and superiority upmost as a secretary.   But no matter how hard she tries, she doesn’t get recognition, respect and affection (from her boss) which her friend Yoon Yi receives. She turns into a sad black swan.   

 

Park Kyung Rye: (brief summery)

smicVaA.jpg

A high school friend with Yoon Yi and Wang Jung Ae’s younger sister  / a roommate with Ma Bo Na  /She used to be a secretary but she punched her boss who sexually harassed another female worker, so she resigned and has been working 4 years as a cafe manager in the YB Ad building  / Her mother is a shamanist.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2017 at 7:56 PM, triplem said:

suspect is because of the way her boss openly looked down at her at first saying she's from vocational school but YY is from college. This was then compounded by how NCW stood up for YY and got them out of there. Those little gestures just shows that as much as NCW hates having an assistant, he respects YY as a person, something which BY's boss is not capable of doing.

@junejungki @kaoriharang

Prior to @booha ‘s character description given above , i had already suspected that BY ( or is it BN) ‘s reaction to YY stems from her insecurities due to her qualifications as per my quote & also How NCW protected YY. It’s not that she wanted NCW as her boss but it’s likely because her boss treats her disrespectfully , so she’s just green eyed that YY has someone who stands up for her.

But oh no, she’s going to turn into a black swan - that’s not good 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...