[Drama 2017-2018] Jugglers 저글러스

Go Seung Ji

30 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Why was he erasing the answers he wrote on the questionnaire?

The questions on that fan site questionnaire were embarrassing. Like "your first time".  The type of woman he likes and so on so he thought better of his answers. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ladysaotome said:

So if I'm following this right, Yoon-yi's father and Chi-won's uncle died the same day? Plus he used to live in the same house? They're definitely connected from childhood then. No wonder her friend says they're soulmates. ;-)

Oh, I expect his uncle probably died in the traumatic fire that scarred Chi-won. And if his uncle was saving/helping Chi-won when it happened, that could possibly explain his complex against accepting help?

i like that theory, it does seem that CW's trauma also stems from having sort of 'bad luck' thrust upon him. And if really like what it is being theorize that the uncle died while trying to save CW. And subsequently maybe bad things have happen to others because of CW (maybe like the failure of his marriage and so on) it would explain this huge trauma and anxiety that CW has. Which will explain his curtness to others and putting everyone at some distance as well.

5 hours ago, philosophie said:

Hey guys, finally caught up on the show. I like how YYs new boss, Nam  is pushing her to focus on herself in her job. We saw at the beginning how she’s always answering her old boss’s class and it got in the way of her personal life. You shouldn’t have your professional life be doing tha, at least not unwillingly. Btw, had no idea iPhone suri in Korea is sun hee lol so cute. Are assistants/secretaries really referred to as jugglers? Also wow didn’t know Nam is a divorcee. Loved his story with the director hahaha omg he’s such a cute cinnamon roll when he confronted his fam and ran after Nam hahahah lowkey shipped them during that poking scene.

I agree with this, i couldnt at first understand why YY went above and beyond herself to make her boss happy. But with some lines being draw by CW which does make sense in the world of professionalism, CW being her boss is actually a good thing for her. I am looking forward to more!

and hi again @triplem it is good to see you since LUTYN ^^

giphy.gif

Spoiler

are you currently only following this drama?

• Like 9

@triplem 

9J2PByV.jpg

Hi  Thank you for the recaps  
I enjoyed so much the trio chemistry of  Yoon Yi & Choi Won & Hwangbo Yool.  HY is so likeable with either YY or CM.   Lee Won Geun as Hwangbo Yool is such a good choice.  OTP need his immature but sweet nature as a sugary coat  because  OTP started with a lot of sharp edges.   Now OPT is making a connection.  It’s time for HY & his new secretary Jung Ae and they did great with their first encounter in today’s episode. 

I was very impressed by Choi Daniel’s  great timing for comical scenes. It was precise yet smooth and natural.

cute OTP :)

i9meG5I.gif

pL0DCvK.gif

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

Finally watched ep 4. I am just curious as to why BY got jealous of YY? is it because of the way their bosses treat them respectively?

I am warming up to CW a lot more, even though both of them especially CW doesnt seem to have really taken any interest in YY but i like how he is standing up for her, and really trying to help her out in doing her job.

I am so curious to see the answers to all the Q&A CW filled out.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

14 hours ago, philosophie said:

Hey guys, finally caught up on the show. I like how YYs new boss, Nam  is pushing her to focus on herself in her job. We saw at the beginning how she’s always answering her old boss’s class and it got in the way of her personal life. You shouldn’t have your professional life be doing tha, at least not unwillingly. Btw, had no idea iPhone suri in Korea is sun hee lol so cute. Are assistants/secretaries really referred to as jugglers? Also wow didn’t know Nam is a divorcee. Loved his story with the director hahaha omg he’s such a cute cinnamon roll when he confronted his fam and ran after Nam hahahah lowkey shipped them during that poking scene.

I was once an assistant to our company Managing Director. Never during my tenured he treated me like dirt or that I am his maid. I dont understand why Korean treat their secretary like some sort of a maid, office cleaner, tea lady etc. Secretary is a professional job. You need  to go to special school and learn lot of skill to be a secretary. We deserved to be treated with respect and dignity not like some door mat. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Just fresh off watching eps 4 and that scene also caught my interest. I suspect is because of the way her boss openly looked down at her at first saying she's from vocational school but YY is from college. This was then compounded by how NCW stood up for YY and got them out of there. Those little gestures just shows that as much as NCW hates having an assistant, he respects YY as a person, something which BY's boss is not capable of doing.

I really loved the 4th eps, the story is really coming together nicely and the humour is spot on. My two favourite scenes:

1. NCW and YY at the tent stall- he asked her if she was not humiliated etc by having to do all the boss's bidding to extent of pouring drinks etc. Her answer was perfect - she can't possibly get mad at other people's boss if her own doesn't respect her. BURN!!!!!

2. NCW and our cutie chaebol. I loved how cutie chaebol demonstrated the difference btwn interests and meddling. And so much progress in the bromance that NCW actually asked advice from him. 

What was great about eps 4 was that NCW was slowly learning about people management. He may be really good at what he does, hence he is the MD, but he seems to have zero people skills and little empathy for people  - something his team and the VP are complaining about. So it was nice to see him slowly changing and opening up, YY and cutie chaebol have positive effects on him. 

Oh I was laughing so hard at the question about his first time - his honest answer : SHORT and INTENSE :lol:

yeah i really like that part actually even though CW always says he does not need an assistant but yet he has manage to really help defend her honour as well as his integrity. I really feel bad for BY though, she is being looked down even though she does have some what of a higher status than BY.

I really love that first scene you mentioned, it really says a lot that BY is not just some naive person, she has self respect for herself but she also knows that because of her position in the company is linked towards her Boss. This is definitely a wonderful scene of BY standing up and telling CW off.

totally agreed about this chingu. I love how CW is slowly changing at his own pace and he is changing because of like you said CW and Yul.

haha yeah that answer was so truthful :tongue: He is getting cuter and cuter ^^

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, junejungki said:

I was once an assistant to our company Managing Director. Never during my tenured he treated me like dirt or that I am his maid. I dont understand why Korean treat their secretary like some sort of a maid, office cleaner, tea lady etc. Secretary is a professional job. You need  to go to special school and learn lot of skill to be a secretary. We deserved to be treated with respect and dignity not like some door mat. 

it may have to do with the whole thing about culture. Most Asian countries are rather vertical hierarchical society. So I guess the idea is that, there is this idea of how you have to really do whatever your superiors needs you to do? 

I know Japan and Korea are countries that are more hierarchical.

But others can chip in, i am not too sure.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

yeah i really like that part actually even though CW always says he does not need an assistant but yet he has manage to really help defend her honour as well as his integrity. I really feel bad for BY though, she is being looked down even though she does have some what of a higher status than BY.

I really love that first scene you mentioned, it really says a lot that BY is not just some naive person, she has self respect for herself but she also knows that because of her position in the company is linked towards her Boss. This is definitely a wonderful scene of BY standing up and telling CW off.

totally agreed about this chingu. I love how CW is slowly changing at his own pace and he is changing because of like you said CW and Yul.

haha yeah that answer was so truthful :tongue: He is getting cuter and cuter ^^

it may have to do with the whole thing about culture. Most Asian countries are rather vertical hierarchical society. So I guess the idea is that, there is this idea of how you have to really do whatever your superiors needs you to do? 

I know Japan and Korea are countries that are more hierarchical.

But others can chip in, i am not too sure.

I am from Malaysia. Though I cant speak for others, but from my experience working as an assistant or Secretary for 20 years, I have never seen anything like in this drama. I mean, how the boss treat his secretary. My elder sister was a secretary too. She worked for nearly 25 years with the same boss until she she retired 5 years ago.  I know her boss was very kind and treat her well because we talk to each other a lot. You know, sister bonding stuff. I know her boss and some of her colleague because they will come to our house during festive season in Malaysia. 

However, I love Daniel Choi and I like this drama beside the secretary thing. The fluffy slipper with Lion King song, really makes me laughed so hard :grin:

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, triplem said:

@junejungki hello fellow Malaysian! yes I agree that the expectations from the SK secretaries seem rather absurd. I would hate working in that sort of environment. In the dramas it seems like it's the culture right? My mum was PA / secretary as well all her life , and though she did do a lot for her boss, it was not to the extent of going to bars / clubs or driving him home drunk. And her bosses did show her appreciation. So this seems like something endemic to SK / japan or East Asian countries. Possibly also exaggerated for drama purposes , though anyone familiar with SK work culture can give us your thoughts or experience. 

Hello there too. :tongue:

If is true this happen only in SK and Japan, wonder why they want to take a job as a PA. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ladysaotome said:

It's exaggerated but I don't think it's too extreme. Didn't the assistants in Two Weeks Notice & The Proposal (Sandra Bullock's movies) & The Devil Wears Prada have similar demanding jobs? 

They do have demanding jobs but the treatment they received from their bosses in that movie were rather mild compare to in this drama. 

7 minutes ago, triplem said:

That's true as well. Maybe depends on the industry....

I do pity the secretaries in YB...the stupid slogan they had to shout...for the boss, by the boss..and I forgot the other one :lol:

@junejungki I guess it may pay better than a part time job or doing odd jobs plus I see from all the dramas, the work culture is such that all junior staff / non-management staff will suffer anyway 

By the boss. kekekeke!!

I understand the hierarchy in the management or company  but what pissed me off they just slap or hit their junior's head. Or shouting and insulting their junior in front of everybody. That is totally unacceptable. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, junejungki said:

I am from Malaysia. Though I cant speak for others, but from my experience working as an assistant or Secretary for 20 years, I have never seen anything like in this drama. I mean, how the boss treat his secretary. My elder sister was a secretary too. She worked for nearly 35 years with the same boss until she she retired 5 years ago.  I know her boss was very kind and treat her well because we talk to each other a lot. You know, sister bonding stuff. I know her boss and some of her colleague because they will come to our house during festive season in Malaysia. 

However, I love Daniel Choi and I like this drama beside the secretary thing. The fluffy slipper with Lion King song, really makes me laughed so hard :grin:

I'm from Malaysia.. treatment for human its not comes from which part of the world.. but its comes from a kind and good heart.. me in an accountant line being treat like a door mat every day.. facing a craziness of his mood ... its a sad thing but dont die before fight till the end (try to get out every day) .. this drama was my happy pill on Tuesday & Wednesday morning... 

Hope i will get a good bos one day :) 2018 will end my 8th years of sadness. 

Anyway this a good drama for me .. its a different genre but i love Black Knight coz it has a Goblin vibes... hehe and I'm not a robot in my list because i'm in a waiting mood for Are you a human too.. Seo Kang Jun & Gong Seung Yeon..

Happy watching chingu.. love read all your thought here.. saranghanda :heart:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

while we are discussing about work environments. I think that overall that even if let's say in other countries such things dont happen.

I believe it all boils down to work environment and of course your boss. I believe that not every company or boss in SK is like that, and for the purpose of the drama some is dramatize.

But it does matter what kind of company culture you belong to as well as what kind of boss you are given with. They will be times (regardless of being a secretary or not) where you get unreasonable superiors and bosses that make you do the weirdest and most ridiculous things.

and hi to all the malaysians ^^ I am your neighbour from Singapore. ^^

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 1