[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

13 hours ago, additionyang said:

So kind of you for telling me this!! Thank you!!

As far as I know, after the drama start airing, her fans’ comment for IU’s choice of character this time is positive.Many who watched the drama think it would be her masterpiece as actress. There’s only someone who can’t accept dark and gloomy genre dislike it.

I also think PDH is the pitiest by far...but I like the virtue in his character.

Looking forward to ep4, which seems to be more emotional.

I have to echo your sentiment. 

This is definitely IU's best work as an actress to date!!! :blush:

• Like 5

After months of kdrama hiatus MyAhjussi pulled me back completely...IU's acting is getting better and better in each and every episode and is definitely at par with acting veteran Lee Sun Kyun...i was really impressed the way she handles her spy / detectives moves....and how she was able to to do this straight and serious face like a very matured and experienced middle aged adult...can't wait for episode 4 tonight.:D

• Like 4

Some people seem to be suggesting that they caved to pressure and changed the drama from a romantic one to serious corporate drama but I think it's just the setting people are confused about. This isn't a light-hearted romantic story. Its a serious drama romantic story.

It would really be quite shocking if the entire basis for the drama could be changed in such a short period of time. The writing and editing would simply not be possible. And from what I've seen so far, it's a good series and you can't write a good series fast. So I don't think they caved to any pressure. This was always the serious romantic drama.

To be honest, I'm even more in love with their office setting. Typically in drama they have a very specific layout for the furniture with the manager sitting at the head and the office setting of the directors is not the same as either. The portrayal seems to be a lot more real and not focused on workers just randomly working on writing reports all the time over who knows what...

People just assumed it was going to be light because of the writer/directors last works and the typical roles the actors usually got involved in before.

• Like 11

giphy.gif

I don’t know about you guys but I want to ask this man to spill his beauty secrets. I focused on his face but I just can’t see any wrinkles or lines on his forehead or around his eyes. I wouldn’t guess him older than 36-37. How is 47??! How?

EDIT:

I just finished episode 3. Wow, I have to say I’m completely hooked. Really hooked. It’s been awhile since I was so excited about any show! I have to say I found his two brothers very pitiful when they cleaned that place. But as their mother said it’s better doing something and earning money than doing nothing.

Ji An and her hacker friend pulled all spy moves, it was entertaining to watch. Though I have one quibble - how did her hacker friend know what kind of uniform to wear? It was the first time they followed Director Park, right? It’s not like every salon in Seoul has the same uniform.

With Director Park out, a main focus is now on Dong Hoon. Ji Ah is quite ruthless, she’s really tough and calculating. I wouldn’t want to get in her way, she’s scary. I guess her way of getting rid of DH is seducing him after all? Does she want to go all the way or did she kiss him only for that one photo? Does she want to blackmail him? But I think she did feel something when DH was defending her before his brother. I think she certainly didn’t expect him to talk about her as a kid, I think she began to see how kind and warm he truly is.

giphy.gif

I can’t wait for DH to find out about his wife’s affair. Then the real s**t will hit the fan. I’m really curious how he’ll handle it because so far it looks more like it’s him who gives in first in their marriage.

@philosophie I think I read somewhere that their son is 12 and studying abroad.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

Cr. to the owner.

Hi everyone.   Just watched the latest episode and I'm not quite sure how to put it into words yet with what is happening currently :).  The moment JA installed the app in PDH's phone it has become a thriller for me. Plus how efficient her team worked to get the Director.   

Tonight's episode looks interesting, looking forward to the development of the relationship between the two leads.

Spoiler

2827348.jpg?w=672&h=372&crop=1

LEE HEE MOON – THAT MAN (그 사나이)

MY MISTER OST PART 1

That man who comes like a storm
That man who is steady like a rock
His loud laugh has no deceit, it’s charming
He always has charm, that man

Whether he’s happy or upset, he lets things go without regret
No one knows his heart that burns like the sun

That man smiles at me whenever he sees me
He always has charm, that man
That man, he doesn’t know my heart
Should I confess my heart that has gotten hot?

• Like 7

While Ep3 is relatively muted and dials down on the visceral impact, it does not drag its feet, but continues its brisk pacing, backed with consistently good performances all around.

It is a surprise (and disappointment) to see Director PDW being ostentatiously taken down so easily, and I hope that this is merely a temporary setback in terms of the office dynamics, and we will see more of him down the road. To be honest, while meant to display LJA's ingenuity and resourcefulness, this part of the narrative suffers stretches of incredulity and unevenness in terms of execution - how her gamer friend manages to be prepared with a waiter uniform of that particular establishment; how convenient that she has technical resources at her disposal to bring down the two Parks including bugging PDH's phone, thus being one step ahead of them when it came to investigating the bribery incident, and continuing to keep tabs on PDH in anticipation of his future fall.

The unexpected (and frankly undeserved) regard that Chairman Jang now holds for PDH due to what he thought to be his integrity, is an interesting turn of events, and one that I look forward to seeing unfold going forward, even if it just means seeing DJY and Dir. Yoon in a perpetual state of consternation. Need I say that I love Dir. Yoon's outburst when he realises the gift certificates were bought with a corporate card - "Don't join any political movements! You'll get everyone arrested with you!" - perfectly executed by Jung Jaesung :D

I love too how PDH, while not quite understanding yet why DJY is out to get him, is intuitive enough to realise that DJY must have wronged him in some way. Though I ache at the thought of him finding out about his wife's betrayal, I hope that it happens quickly, simply because I hate the fool that they are making of him. His assessment of DJY to his wife is razor sharp, and I hope that the blinders will fall from his eyes soon as far as his wife is concerned as well, since it is obvious where her priorities lie when there is trouble. I have to wonder though, if she is beginning to reconsider the kind of man DJY is after hearing her husband's description and if she will finally come to her senses. We shall see.

PDH is next on the list of LJA's targets, but the bug she planted in his phone, will certainly become a two-edged sword and perhaps see her waver as she comes to understand the man she is trying to take down for money. Neither raucous nor lewd, an all-round decent man trapped by circumstances - be it in his marriage, family or work, would she pull the trigger after painstakingly setting him up in the end? I hope she won't, but with the loan shark breathing down her neck, I truly wonder if she too would betray him, only to regret it and later attempt bridge the gap that would surely divide them. Questions questions.

Suffice to say I remain invested in this drama and the plight of its characters. Ep4 please.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, blademan said:

DH and JA's dynamic is SO CONFUSING :crazy:

It's not romantic but at the same time it is...ugh

Anyway, glad to see OST Part.2 out!! :)

Hm... where do you see that it is romantic?  But maybe I understand what you're trying to say.  Their interaction is not romantic, but not strictly platonic/professional/antagonistic either.  She taunts him all the time while he tries hard to be a gentleman, and even his brother teases him about it.  So yeah, it's romantic in that sense.  And the scene in the subway when he came physically really close to her was intense and not just in a platonic way.  Curious to see what you meant though.

Dong Hoon, you poor guy.  Now he may even think she has feelings for him and that may send him into greater confusion over his own feeling for her.  I hate to think of the time when he figures out everything is a lie and a trap.   I love how decent he stays in episode 3, how he wanted to stop her game right then and there.  LSK is definitely earning his paycheck with the nuances in his acting.  My jaw dropped a few times.  Ji-an, on the other hand, finally let us see truly how cold she could be.  The first two episodes showed her to be a sympathetic character with the way she stood up to the loan shark and how she cared for her grandmother, but I finally see what the character description means by "cold."  

DH and his wife, so sad the way he apologized to her for not doing things her way, and how desperately he wanted her to stop contacting Do Joon Young. :(  

A rather depressing episode all around.

• Like 12

8 hours ago, aisling said:

With Director Park out, a main focus is now on Dong Hoon. Ji Ah is quite ruthless, she’s really tough and calculating. I wouldn’t want to get in her way, she’s scary. I guess her way of getting rid of DH is seducing him after all? Does she want to go all the way or did she kiss him only for that one photo? Does she want to blackmail him? But I think she did feel something when DH was defending her before his brother. I think she certainly didn’t expect him to talk about her as a kid, I think she began to see how kind and warm he truly is.

I can’t wait for DH to find out about his wife’s affair. Then the real s**t will hit the fan. I’m really curious how he’ll handle it because so far it looks more like it’s him who gives in first in their marriage.

She did not need to go all the way, one photo was all she needed to incriminate him.  It will be proof of an unprofessional conduct - she is a co-worker after all - and thus ground for termination.  Side note, I wish the director/editor had dared to show us the forced kiss for longer than just a split second.  To me this again is sign of them caving in to pressure. :(

I am not convinced DH is the one who gave up their marriage first.  The wife seems to be a control freak and a miserable person to live with.  The fact that he apologized and pleaded for her to avoid DJY is enough proof that he hasn't checked out yet.

• Like 7

Let me just says I dislike the wives from the two tvN dramas I'm currently watching. This drama and the other which is Live. Both wives are having secret affairs with colleagues at work,  both are younger than the husbands and both wanting a divorce.  If you've seen the other drama Live, you'll see it's like same.  Is this like pattern or just coincidence. These wives makes me scratch my hair in sorta annoyance. I feel sorry for the husbands. They're good they provide, they don't hit them.

It could be that love just died. There's no romance left. I don't think financial stability is the problem.

At the moment watching episode 3 sub. Ugh to the wife!  Wife cheats on DH.I'm only 8 minutes into the drama but I wanted to post.  I want DH to find out already. Okay more thoughts when I'm done.

• Like 8

20 hours ago, liddi said:

While Ep3 is relatively muted and dials down on the visceral impact, it does not drag its feet, but continues its brisk pacing, backed with consistently good performances all around.

It is a surprise (and disappointment) to see Director PDW being ostentatiously taken down so easily, and I hope that this is merely a temporary setback in terms of the office dynamics, and we will see more of him down the road. To be honest, while meant to display LJA's ingenuity and resourcefulness, this part of the narrative suffers stretches of incredulity and unevenness in terms of execution - how her gamer friend manages to be prepared with a waiter uniform of that particular establishment; how convenient that she has technical resources at her disposal to bring down the two Parks including bugging PDH's phone, thus being one step ahead of them when it came to investigating the bribery incident, and continuing to keep tabs on PDH in anticipation of his future fall.

The unexpected (and frankly undeserved) regard that Chairman Jang now holds for PDH due to what he thought to be his integrity, is an interesting turn of events, and one that I look forward to seeing unfold going forward, even if it just means seeing DJY and Dir. Yoon in a perpetual state of consternation. Need I say that I love Dir. Yoon's outburst when he realises the gift certificates were bought with a corporate card - "Don't join any political movements! You'll get everyone arrested with you!" - perfectly executed by Jung Jaesung :D

I love too how PDH, while not quite understanding yet why DJY is out to get him, is intuitive enough to realise that DJY must have wronged him in some way. Though I ache at the thought of him finding out about his wife's betrayal, I hope that it happens quickly, simply because I hate the fool that they are making of him. His assessment of DJY to his wife is razor sharp, and I hope that the blinders will fall from his eyes soon as far as his wife is concerned as well, since it is obvious where her priorities lie when there is trouble. I have to wonder though, if she is beginning to reconsider the kind of man DJY is after hearing her husband's description and if she will finally come to her senses. We shall see.

PDH is next on the list of LJA's targets, but the bug she planted in his phone, will certainly become a two-edged sword and perhaps see her waver as she comes to understand the man she is trying to take down for money. Neither raucous nor lewd, an all-round decent man trapped by circumstances - be it in his marriage, family or work, would she pull the trigger after painstakingly setting him up in the end? I hope she won't, but with the loan shark breathing down her neck, I truly wonder if she too would betray him, only to regret it and later attempt bridge the gap that would surely divide them. Questions questions.

Suffice to say I remain invested in this drama and the plight of its characters. Ep4 please.

Thank you for your post, keen analysis of episode 3. LJA is desperate for money but the person she thinks will give her the 10 mill is JDY who in my opinion is as bad, even worse than the moneylenders she owes money from. Why does she think JDY will keep his word and pay her the 10 mill? Unless JA has a backup plan, a safety check? 

• Like 8

Just done ep 3. The character I'm most concerned is PDH.  I hope this drama doesn't make me hate LJA. I know she's doing this for the money. But when she uses her mind, I hope she also listens to her heart. She knows what she's doing to PDH is not right. I said   last week, she's not going to do to make PDH lose his job and get kicked because, she should know what kind of decent man PDH is.  Her self first and the granny above anything else. I'm sure she knows consequences of what's she doing. Gosh drama, don't make me  dislike her because I do like her character.

EP 3..  is okay. I wasn't that emotively struck (tbh) in a way that I was for ep 1 and 2. I like the mystery, the blackmail, the politics of everything of this drama. Just maybe pick up a bit in ep 4 I hope. I'll wait for ep 4 sub. I like that this drama is sub faster so thanks DF

• Like 7