Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

31 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

I have to say this, after reading all the opinions online..... what's the big deal if the two leads have a loveline? I don't see any problem! If it works in the story, why not! It's just a drama.

Even the production are falling over themselves to reassure everyone that there's no loveline, to the extent of changing the character chart..... 

We're all adults here.

I would be THRILLED if there was a loveline!! .

This 100%.  I hate it so much that production has to send the actors out to tell everyone that this is not a romance.  Even if they never intended for it to have romance, let the show take us there, and let us guess all the way and be sad/relieved or whatever.  That's half the fun.  If it's natural for them to fall in love, then why not?  PDH is not a predator, there is no power imbalance here as far as I can tell.  

I am going to wish that these two work so well together and show such awesome chemistry that all the initial doubters would now wish their relationship would go further. 

• Like 16

Wow, I've been away from Kdrama for quite some time now.... and is "My Mister" gonna lure me back?...hmmm ^_^

Okey... i read over twitter that the drama gets much criticisms for the first two episodes...kinda a controversial start at that...so then I watched it.

And wow... suprisingly... I am actually impressed.:blink:  One word for it... it's really something DIFFERENT (for a Kdrama atleast) or is this a TVN thing? storyline such as this?... or was I  been away for that long and they make Kdrama like this now...WOW...what i meant different is not only the approach and directing , but also the angles of shots... and also the "texture" of the drama...it's something cinematic "like a movie feel" -- something like that. 

But I have to admit, what really surprised me is IU's role in this drama... JiAn's characterization... kinda shocked me there...really...as in...I mean the JiAn that took the money... the JiAn that sneered at they guy who attacked her..my gosh.. the JiAn that wants to joint force with that rotten CEO (right now I dont get that... for money? she's joining his turf??? why??) :crazy:

Well much is still yet to unfold and revealed AS TO WHY ...JiaN is like this?

Where are her parents? what circumstances was she in to be buried in debt ? Why the loan shark guy Gwang Il (who is a sweetie in the Friday vid) seems so obsessed with JiAn what created that hatred and violence toward the poor girl? it's just too much really?

Who and why is that boy who plays too much computer games - follow her commands and requests? are they related?  And the old utility man in the building she work in? why does he help her like that ? you know SO MUCH QUESTIONS....WHICH I HOPE ...the drama answers well in the end.

It is a sinister, thriller kinda drama - but fortunately Dong Hoon's brothers give comedy relief ...and other quirky funny scenes with the CEO of the company...

So I was laughing randomly hahhha...in the middle of some dark scenes, crazy i tell you hahhha...anyway i hope the interest will be sustained it's really good actually. Very interesting.

• Like 18

Park brothers in real danger of being hauled off for being a public nuisance :D One of the few, much-needed bright moments in the drama so far!

CrcBgYGxT9y9dTG9yJVvcJjC-r4QM0S_uuB_nokhDNR4KrJflLWkdBId4BPAEgAVoyDtK2Ldv5MSycul_V12-mRDx-ZXXDgoWQcKqpZZrZ07ZbOnSjbwCXyxPb5rY3F40mLzMiyLSTbXaZLQ5miSkeX-uAEtJcJo6LYC1YRmuWIvGGZMiquwB6Q1KUmN-QSzooniIypad3yhExp8AQTx8VqM31EaTWjkmda-UD0kgfq-U8fSP3IATk13jpVn0zpqM7LgmTCgKg4Bi-22E6OyzjdQOy6_xGFuN8nmgP6b6FKf3wi-LDDjFvXk8GYKqabisJVyMZ0Mta632i8rl6PblAFooI6LMEn_Z1T0nS5r7SazuzQjm13N5XNuvRwxGpc2pgPFBIOuXWCY3dCpeDgc2CupVTihCiU4wbg91E7PWJyqzR2Al8yZcH0RRLNi8AL9jqCnKDUDF8W3kS9htz17F5Lp_lGLLXW7zxYOJslQhpbIqAsCaNIs5BfC9M3avD0bpcXFUA9T4g8LFrZFCYGE5aLU4tL-KEw5znKAAw35PSayY4BvwHteL1iKqjliWJlxfE2fphlePBIwigvsIMr52Lx6xu-MtG8r7NomQ_k=w480-h270-no

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

After watching episode 2, i realized that Ji An has always been honest in the show so far, she never beats around the bush, and she would never tell a joke, which got me thinking...

When Dong Hoon asked what's the worst thing she killed and she answered that she killed a person, that statement was probably true???

Did she (accidentally) kill someone? My guess is either her parents or someone that Gwang Il holds dear.. hence the "revenge" thing that she briefly mentioned during the assault scene.

• Like 13

@liddi so happy you're here. I don't have the eloquence to really put in my thoughts about this drama so glad you're watching this. Reading your post for the first two episodes. Thank you. I understood much better.

• Like 7

Aish it's such a waste for IU to "return" the money after going through all that trouble getting it LoL!:tongue: But OK...OK...I get it a innocent person's livelihood is on the line here...(damn you conscience!) 

I really like Ji-An's hustle here, I should learn her ways of getting free food eheheheh. That girl is quick, I guess she has to when you are hanging by a thread...literally. She's street smart & a survivor. Kudos to IU for taking on a challenging role which is more than I can say for most KPop Idols who do the safe route & go for Pretty, Naive type roles - BORING<_<

Another thing, I never understand why most people are up in arms over the age differences between a male-female pairing in dramas like why?!?! It's not like Dong-Hoon is a sugar daddy (he's far from it) and he with Ji-An's statuses are pretty similar. His brothers are annoying but mostly in here for comic relief. Jang Ki-Yong was so dreamy in Go Back Couple but here he's a jerk! I think he has a sick obsession with Ji-An~ As for Dong-Hoon's wife - ugh. What a *****. She's the cause of his misery and she thinks she's not a bad person?!? WoW.  

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, berny said:

But I have to admit, what really surprised me is IU's role in this drama... JiAn's characterization... kinda shocked me there...really...as in...I mean the JiAn that took the money... the JiAn that sneered at they guy who attacked her..my gosh.. the JiAn that wants to joint force with that rotten CEO (right now I dont get that... for money? she's joining his turf??? why??) :crazy:

I am with you on that point.  I sympathize with Jian's desperation, and hardness but the scheme to destroy people with the CEO to get money is so ruthless and cold, not sure whether I can take this leap.  Although it has been explained that she stole the CEO's private cellphone and saw the connection to Manager Park's wife, I still cannot really understand how Ji An put it together that the CEO was trying to take down both Manager and Director Parks  at the same time and that the CEO was behind the bribery frame up, or even how she knows it was a frame up?   That isn't common knowledge in the company.    But there is so much detail and things going on at once, that perhaps that got lost in fog of facts going on.  

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

I still cannot really understand how Ji An put it together that the CEO was trying to take down both Manager and Director Parks  at the same time and that the CEO was behind the bribery frame up, or even how she knows it was a frame up?   That isn't common knowledge in the company.    

I think she got this knowledge from a cleaning old man who seems to be very aware of company politics:D

In my opinion she will get rid of Director Park because he's not better person than CEO, but then change direction

and go against CEO himself. I don't think Ji An is immoral, when she was looking at PDH talking to his cheating wife over phone,

I saw a pity in her eyes, unlikely she will want to destroy him

• Like 8

19 hours ago, jongski said:

@bebebisous33@40somethingahjumma wanna give this a try? it's dark, and gritty/at times violent. Drama is from PD of Signal and Misaeng.

Hi @jongski

Thanks for thinking of me (I must be developing a certain reputation heh) and the shout out. I'll definitely give it due consideration especially if it's Signal's PD and IU's first drama after Moon Lovers. Sounds interesting. Can't get on board straightaway. :wink: Life's busy and there are too many dramas. :D

• Like 8

22 hours ago, africandramalover said:

I have to say this, after reading all the opinions online..... what's the big deal if the two leads have a loveline? I don't see any problem! If it works in the story, why not! It's just a drama.

Even the production are falling over themselves to reassure everyone that there's no loveline, to the extent of changing the character chart..... 

We're all adults here.

I would be THRILLED if there was a loveline!! .

I second that!!

Really don't mind if PDH and LJA are going to fall for each other. Because that possibility also reality. 

Reality that boys/girls attracted to older men/women. Older man fall in love with mature young lady.

Hope My Ahjussi's give us what they plan to deliver.

• Like 6

Hello Guys, may I join? The 2 dramas I was watching are done and I was surfing for the next drama to watch and found this. 2 episodes and I am in. This story involves, romantic dalliances, betrayal and corporate office intrigues and jockeying of the upper management executives for the highest company position, the Chairman. The present chairman is hospitalized and is expected to relinquish that position sometime in the future. The ones vying for the positions are Executive Director Wang and CEO Do Joon Young. They have set up 2 camps each camp filling positions with their own people. What is very interesting is what one of the followers of Director Wang said to one of the followers of CEO DJY. “what really hurts is when a person of the lower class tries to get ahead of someone belonging to the upper class. In other words, stay where you belong. This is the 21st century but there are those who are stuck in world of class and caste of the old world. So, the competitors are Wang who belongs to the upper caste of society and thinks he is entitled to take that position because of his social class standing. He seems to be a good friend of the present chairman. CEO DJY is a young, hardworking, talented, astute but ambitious and ruthless young man who rose to his position fast and Is accused of getting rid of his competition to reach his goals. Now that he is one step away from the coveted Chairman position, he made a big mistake. He tried to frame and rid of a manager who is not even aiming for his job but is a romantic rival. He is Park Dong Hoon, a manager in is firm and the husband of woman DJY is having an affair with. The woman whom DJY paid to help him frame PDH, did set up the frame and PDH got investigated by the firm’s security, but then set it up so that PDH gets his job back. The firm’s security officer suspects/knows that DJY set up the frame. The woman who helped DJY set up the framing is Lee Ji An, a temp office worker. In a conversation of the CEO DJY and LJA, she agrees to help JDY, 10 mil for each person. So far what we know of LJA, she is smart, especially street smart,  poor and supporting a sick grandmother and owes money to loan sharks?

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, uNiQueEkiX said:

I second that!!

Really don't mind if PDH and LJA are going to fall for each other. Because that possibility also reality. 

Reality that boys/girls attracted to older men/women. Older man fall in love with mature young lady.

Hope My Ahjussi's give us what they plan to deliver.

You know, I really hope the writer and director stay firm to their original vision of their story and not let this outside pressure alter their storytelling too much.  That is never a good thing for a drama.  But I am afraid a little bit of that has already happened. :(

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

CEO DJY is a young, hardworking, talented, astute but ambitious and ruthless young man who rose to his position fast and Is accused of getting rid of his competition to reach his goals. Now that he is one step away from the coveted Chairman position, he made a big mistake. He tried to frame and rid of a manager who is not even aiming for his job but is a romantic rival. He is Park Dong Hoon, a manager in is firm and the husband of woman DJY is having an affair with. The woman whom DJY paid to help him frame PDH, did set up the frame and PDH got investigated by the firm’s security, but then set it up so that PDH gets his job back. The firm’s security officer suspects/knows that DJY set up the frame. The woman who helped DJY set up the framing is Lee Ji An, a temp office worker. In a conversation of the CEO DJY and LJA, she agrees to help JDY, 10 mil for each person. So far what we know of LJA, she is smart, especially street smart,  poor and supporting a sick grandmother and owes money to loan sharks?

I think you summarized it very well.  I just want to add that at this point no one other than LJA knew who set up to frame PDH.  Not even Wang and his other executives knew that it was DJY who arranged for the bribe money to be sent in the first place.  And as far as I know, LJA also didn't realize the money was sent to PDH erroneously, it was supposed to go to Park Dong Woon, another senior executive on the other side of the table.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

I think you summarized it very well.  I just want to add that at this point no one other than LJA knew who set up to frame PDH.  Not even Wang and his other executives knew that it was DJY who arranged for the bribe money to be sent in the first place.  And as far as I know, LJA also didn't realize the money was sent to PDH erroneously, it was supposed to go to Park Dong Woon, another senior executive on the other side of the table.

Thank you, you are right, that frame money was meant for Woon not Hoon. And yes, no one knows where that money came from. Woon is now looking for the origin of that money and whom it was meant for if it was Woon or Hoon. However, JDY told his minion to try and pin it on PDH anyway and get him fired. Woon smells a rat and he looking for it which means that PDH will be in the middle of it all. Woon and Wang though suspect JDY, they hate him. According to them, JDY is ridding the company of his competitors. JDY also wants to rid not only of his competition at work but also his competition at  love.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Thank you, you are right, that frame money was meant for Woon not Hoon. And yes, no one knows where that money came from. Woon is now looking for the origin of that money and whom it was meant for if it was Woon or Hoon. However, JDY told his minion to try and pin it on PDH anyway and get him fired. Woon smells a rat and he looking for it which means that PDH will be in the middle of it all. Woon and Wang though suspect JDY, they hate him. According to them, JDY is ridding the company of his competitors. JDY also wants to rid not only of his competition at work but also his competition at  love.  

Right.  Isn't this great?  This company politics stuff is a pleasant surprise actually.  Usually corporate shenanigans are my least favorite things in a drama, but somehow the way it involves every character here makes me sit up and take notice of every detail.  I already knew coming into this drama that we will see characters going through pain and suffering, family dynamics of all kinds, maybe some romance between side characters, but never thought that corporate politics would be so much front and center, and our two leads are caught right in the middle.  I am thoroughly enjoying the ride.

• Like 4

Thanks to @liddi's brilliantly written post above, I'm in. :D Just finished the second episode and it has me hooked. I also have become disenchanted with the kdrama franchise of late but this drama is delivering on all fronts - good script, premise and acting. Yes, even IU. I have to admit I don't get the criticism of her acting that seems to do the rounds every drama she starts, but she's really top notch in this. Worth checking out people. 

Now when is Episode 3? :blink:

• Like 9

Ji Ahn and Park Dong Hoon carrying heavy burden.  This is really good dark drama. I happen to like the PD.  I don't know the actors but they're good! IU is gritty in this drama. Cunning and smart too.  Kwang Il ( character by Jang Ki Young) will get what he deserves.

Park Dong Hoon. I'm going really to feel bad for him once he finds out his wife is having secret relations with  Joon Young.

Edit:  oops dup twt update remove. sorry

• Like 6