[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, maddymappo said:

I am confused, I thought he saw them beat his mom soon after, and knew he was being chased because they often  collectively killed the whole family and that he knew his parents were dead before he left for Japan.  That is why she hides him in her carriage. He wasn't a runaway slave, he was butcher class, no one would be chasing him otherwise.

@charray 

Didnt DM say they were trying to catch him when he first met AS so i think they would be chasing after him.

• Like 1

While I am enjoying this show so far, I need to see more of Hina. She's one of the most interesting characters for me so far but I'm not getting enough of her. I also need some more action scenes from Ae Shin, mostly the men are getting more action scenes. Can I get some scenes of my bada** Ae Shin kicking some butt? I just liking that our leading ladies don't need a man to save them! I'm not getting enough scenes so please give me more of that!

tumblr_lq3ashzqJl1qht847.gif

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tzupi said:

(as you can see I haven't said anything about AS: it is not clear to me why she fights, whether it is for maintaining the privileges of the aristocracy or for a new and better society. So I am reluctant to defend her actions.)

About this part of your post (sorry to cut it short) in the earlier episode when AS´s grandfather told her to "find a good husband and live as a flower under his care, " and to only be occupied with things that aristocrat woman does she said that she would rather die. Based on that answer  it seems to me that whatever her motives are it´s not very much about her maintening her privileged life.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

It wasn´t the mother that was being beaten up...the translation said that it was the leader of the butchers...I assumed that it was his father. Maybe the father helped the mother to run away and that´s the reason why he was the only one being beaten up.

Ah, but those were his parents(there were 2 peole, 1 man and 1 woman). Mob were beating 2 of them, and one of the women hit a DM's mom with a heavy stone, saying this was not enough. and man, DM's father tried to cover DM's mom at that point. I think DM's father was leader of the butcher, which really didn't matter and they probably died that day.

• Like 6

Did anyone notice they made clips of Mr. Sunshine not available in YouTube ? I used to watch it daily from tvNdrama but since yesterday I couldn't find any. I checked from my lists of liked videos but they say it is made unavailable by the owner. I wonder what all this is about??? :huh:

5 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

While I am enjoying this show so far, I need to see more of Hina. She's one of the most interesting characters for me so far but I'm not getting enough of her. I also need some more action scenes from Ae Shin, mostly the men are getting more action scenes. Can I get some scenes of my bada** Ae Shin kicking some butt? I just liking that our leading ladies don't need a man to save them! I'm not getting enough scenes so please give me more of that!

We'll probably see more of Hina now that her father is back in town. So far, she's been staying out of the 'limelight' .. could be because of the hotel, not wanting to create unnecessary bad decision, business-wise. Now, not only Eugene and Hee Sung staying at the hotel, probably her father as well. :sweatingbullets:

Seems that Ae Shin also is no longer worried about shooting down a public nuisance .. in public.

2 hours ago, Susie Derkins said:

Did anyone notice they made clips of Mr. Sunshine not available in YouTube ? I used to watch it daily from tvNdrama but since yesterday I couldn't find any. I checked from my lists of liked videos but they say it is made unavailable by the owner. I wonder what all this is about??? :huh:

For some reason tvNdrama does have that tendency of taking down their own clips on Youtube. th_dontknow.gif Not sure why when the clips have been getting a lot of views from the fans. Only for limited viewing, perhaps?

But we can still watch some on IG. The preview for episode 7 ~

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

It wasn´t the mother that was being beaten up...the translation said that it was the leader of the butchers...I assumed that it was his father. Maybe the father helped the mother to run away and that´s the reason why he was the only one being beaten up.

No no, both of his parents were beaten up to death by the ajumonis and her fellow villagers and he saw it with his own eyes so he knew his mom chased him away to save him ㅠㅠ 

tumblr_pcddq7x7G21to9y0zo8_r1_540.gif

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, daydreamer115 said:

No no, both of his parents were beaten up to death by the ajumonis and her fellow villagers and he saw it with his own eyes so he knew his mom chased him away to save him ㅠㅠ 

This is why i sympathize with DM because imagine if you were in his position where his parents beaten to death, his mum raped as well. Korea treated him and his parents like dirt if i was in his position i would grab after any power that was offered. 

The people we seen him kill/hurt so far sort of deserved it. 

• Like 1

Wounded Eugene.  Perhaps from confrontation with Japanese Imperial Army guyyyy.

Mr. Sunshine OST Part 3 - 김윤아 (Kim Yuna) - 눈물 아닌 날들 (Days Without Tears) MV.

I love her voice in the Signal OST's The Road.

Mr. Sunshine OST - Part 4  Akdong's Lee Suhyun  "Sound" will be released July 29th.

Perfectly casted Byun Yo-Han . I miss his clean shaven look. :lol:

Spoiler

Just because we don't see enough of Kim Min Jung.

Spoiler

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Wotad said:

Didnt DM say they were trying to catch him when he first met AS so i think they would be chasing after him.

Yes they were chasing him, AS helps him. But why?  I thought they were chasing DM because his mother killed that man and they were going  to execute the whole family. 

What is going on?? :o  From the English subbed trailer released by Netflix, Huda Kina is talking to Ae Shin instead of Hui Seong about being Hui Seong’s woman. And Eugene preferred to ruin himself. It is not that he ended up destroying himself. I am like...what??

Most of the English subbed versions of the trailer that I had seen earlier is similar to below.

Wish that someone conversant in Korean can shed some light if the Netflix version is the correct interpretation. 

• Sad 3

Thanks @Susie Derkins for the highlight.. but Naver clips never works for me *According to the request of the right holder, the clip is not available in your country*  :mellow: or perhaps we'd have to be logged in. I'm sure others can still view it on Naver. But it's alright, it'll show up on YT.. sooner or later.. and more on IG/twitter. Just that it's really hot stuff that's been released today. Can't help being a bit impatient. :P

This clip, some more snippets of the making video ~

• Like 6

13 hours ago, mistymorning said:

Ah, but those were his parents(there were 2 peole, 1 man and 1 woman). Mob were beating 2 of them, and one of the women hit a DM's mom with a heavy stone, saying this was not enough. and man, DM's father tried to cover DM's mom at that point. I think DM's father was leader of the butcher, which really didn't matter and they probably died that day.

9 hours ago, daydreamer115 said:

I must have missed that part...thanks for pointing it out to me :D.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

I agree with you.. i really need more screen time of our Kudo Hina! really cant get enough of her scene.

I do hope the writer explores Hina character as well, Kim Min Jung acting is very good even though she only appear for few moments. Her strong aura is not a doubt!:rolleyes:

13 hours ago, loversbridge said:

I see people who ship Eugene/Ae Shin and people who ship Dong Mae/Ae Shin but here I am hoping for Dong Mae/Hina to become the second canon ship.

I mean

https://ibb.co/eqd2To

I can see a certain potential here

Hide contents

and in the clip the Day you can see this little moment https://ibb.co/dzMNTo :wub:

Can i board the ship as well? i am rooting for Dong Mae and Hina, their chemistry together are so hot. :w00t:

Besides i believe Hina and DongMae are already close together, know each other well so maybe they have potential to be together..:wub:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 9